Posted in music | tour dates on August 16, 2013

(via @mrdavehill)
IMAGE

Tickets to see Black Milk at Santos Party House go on sale today at 10 AM.

Tickets to see A Wilhelm Scream and Single Mothers at The Studio at Webster Hall go on sale today at 10 AM.

Tickets to see Cymbals Eat Guitars at Knitting Factory go on sale today at 10 AM.

Tickets to the Chris Cornell show at Beacon Theatre go on sale today at 11 AM.

Brooklyn bluegrass collective The Defibulators said they'd be playing an album release show this month for their new record, Debt'll Get'em, and it's since been announced that the show will happen on August 28 at Brooklyn Bowl. Tickets for that show are on sale now.

Tickets to see Kathleen Hanna's The Julie Ruin at MHOW go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to see Blink 182 at MHOW (w/ DIIV) and Starland Ballroom go on sale today at noon.

Get your pop punk nostalgia on again with Alkaline Trio, New Found Glory, and H2O at Terminal 5 on November 10. Tickets for that show are on AmEx presale now, and general on-sale starts Wednesday (8/21) at noon.

Tickets to see Deer Tick performing Nirvana's In Utero as Deervana at Brooklyn Bowl go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to see Sebadoh at Bowery Ballroom go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to see Lucero and Titus Andronicus at Terminal 5 go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to see They Might Be Giants at Terminal 5 go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to see Mono at Le Poisson Rouge go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to see Minor Alps (aka Juliana Hatfield and Nada Surf's Matthew Caws) at Bowery Ballroom go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to see John Vanderslice at Mercury Lounge go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to see Lee Fields & The Expressions with Nick Waterhouse at Webster Hall go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to the The Sadies show at Mercury Lounge go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to the Flosstradamus show at Terminal 5 go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to the Dillon Francis shows at Terminal 5 go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to see Ivan & Alyosha open for NEEDTOBREATHE at Bowery Ballroom go on sale today at noon.

Tickets to the Active Child shows at Bowery Ballroom and MHOW go on sale today at noon.

Barenaked Ladies are playing Beacon Theatre on October 17. Tickets to that show go on sale today at noon.

Browse our 'Tickets On Sale' tag for more recently announced NYC shows.

Browse our NYC Concert Calendar for shows happening today and every day - comedy shows, heavy metal concerts (courtesy of our heavy metal blog), and free shows included.

Blink presale sold out instantly yesterday, and I am sure same will happened today. Will any non scalpers get these?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 9:33 AM

No. They won't.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 9:46 AM

Find out in the comments, at noon!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 9:54 AM

100 tickets on stubhub already lol. I would go see them if they played only materials from Cheshire Cat & Dude Ranch.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 10:00 AM

how do scalpers get these tickets before anyone else who's there at 12? Do they use the same Ticketmaster site as everyone else?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 10:10 AM

QUESTIONS!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 10:22 AM

I can get some blink tix. $200 each. e-mail me at 4xface@gmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 10:39 AM

I will trade 2 tickets for a homemade robust hummus platter. Most royal of platters sent to my inbox will win tickets. Please include pics and recipes. If you cheat and use Sabra I will know.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 10:50 AM

I can't tell which is the worse tragedy for NYC on 9/11, the World Trade collapse or Blink 182 playing Williamburg.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 11:02 AM

When I hear the word Bluegrass, that's when I reach for my revolver

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 11:14 AM

Anyone get through on Blink?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:02 PM

That was impossible.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:03 PM

Blink should add a second show in the area....like at irving or gramercy

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:07 PM

Literally got on TM the second Blink tix went on sale...gone immediately.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:10 PM

12:10 same here and same with presale yesterday, and 12:07 doesn't seem like there is space in their touring schedule for a second date. So we are probably out of luck. Unless you want to pay between 175$ and 600$ for the 150 tickets available already on stubhub.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:13 PM

should've done bowery ballroom with $150 tickets if they're trying to pull benefit money

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:14 PM

Somehow, don't ask me how. Maybe dumb luck I got 2 with the app. So happy. This is payday. This time thought I am not giving shit to StubHub. Guys look for my Craigslist ad going up in about 20 minutes. Sorry I know this is gonna hurt but you know you can't miss this show. I'm gonna be taking bids but obviously I will not be selling for anything less than 400 per ticket.

Good Luck and Happy Bidding.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:15 PM

Got shut out both days. It hurts but I'm glad I got my tickets yesterday from Stubhub before the price goes through the roof. Still sucks though that so many of these were scalped

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:20 PM

"This is payday."

hahaha you're gonna profit $300 tops, dude. that's like two days work for a normal person.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:22 PM

12:20 how much did you pay yesterday? Because they will definitely be much cheaper week of the show.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:22 PM

shit piss cock cunt cocksucker motherfucker tits fart turt and twat

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:25 PM

lamestream. actually would love to see pie chart of blink tix that went to humans vs algorithms.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:27 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:28 PM

I got two for sale.

$750

Hit me up @ 4xface@gmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:31 PM

"12:22...I paid $148.50. Normally I'd agree with you but these tickets will get snatched up in a hurry. 550 venue and Stubhub already sold a bunch during the presale. I'm sure by the end of today 25-30% of the venue's capacity will be resold on Stubhub. Rather take the bottom when I could than chance it. I'd be stunned if these go for under $100 by the day of"

Eh, you would still need to sell for over $225 a ticket - in person, no fees - to clear $300 profit. Or over $260/ticket on stubhub. I don't see you clearing more than $300 profit.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:32 PM

they'll sell for 200; you'll be lucky if you sell them above that. granted, there are always idiots so there will be the occasional $400/$500 sale if you find an i-banker who's a blink fan (hilarious mental image)

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:34 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:36 PM

Submitted my ticket search around 12:00:05 (not sure about the exact millisecond) - it was sold out... Do brokers *cough* scalpers get any privileged access through a different channel?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:36 PM

"If Fall Out Boy can co for $120-160 at T5, than Blink will be a freaking goldmine. Never underestimate the buying power of nostalgic late-20 somethings with money to burn."

those were reunion shows after a 5-6 year hiatus; it's different. knowledge is power.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:37 PM

You're forgetting the tipping point for nostalgia shows like these; especially ones that have toured recently. Once it gets to $200, most people are just like 'fuck it, I'll go listen to the CD instead.'

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:40 PM

12:25 - turt?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:42 PM

12:40...that's true. It really puts things in perspective once you consider you are paying $10 for each live song

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:46 PM

that's an expensive juke box!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:56 PM

Isn't Blink 182 infamous for being a terrible live band?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 12:59 PM

Stink 182

Hahahaha you lameasses reliving your mall punk days to the point where you're shelling out Knicks blue seat prices to see them.

You gonna break out the bowling shirts, creepers, Guy Fieri hair dye, and chain wallets for this one? Fakeass punk bitches.

At least Stink had the common sense not to have Korn Of Thornz oops I mean Crown Of Thornz open - 'spares the audience a bare minimum ten YOs from Lord Ezec.

Posted by D | August 16, 2013 1:06 PM

Over 120 tickets already sold on Scrubhub. Its a feeding frenzy

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 1:10 PM

Watch out you guys - things could get out of control tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 1:12 PM

D, haven't you gotten enough of a logic beatdown yet? Didn't I teach you who your Daddy is over on that other thread? Are you a masochist?

Posted by Max Horwich | August 16, 2013 1:14 PM

over 200 tix on stubhub now. this thing will crash week of. hold out and you can probably get them for under $100 a pop.

good luck with that $400 a piece 12:15 dude.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 1:16 PM

"Over 120 tickets already sold on Scrubhub. Its a feeding frenzy"

it would be a feeding frenzy if the price had gone up more than $20; it's a ditching frenzy.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 1:17 PM

LOL at the ticket speculators on here. Fucking morons playing nickle and dime, when the real bros are making coin in the real market - chick pea futures. Now THERE'S a goldmine.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 1:20 PM

stubhub page doesn't show the brooklyn gig anymore, what happened?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 1:26 PM

^removed. most likely because it's a benefit show.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 1:31 PM

@12:15 back again. Yes it was removed on StubHub cause it was a benefit show. So come on to craigslist desperados and buy my 2 tickets. Taking bids now. Highest bid so far is 450 per. This should go up though since SH sales are gone.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 1:54 PM

hahahaha good luck selling your e-tickets without stubhub

Posted by trust issues | August 16, 2013 1:55 PM

Wonder what happens to the ones I already bought on Stubhub? Guess I'll find out

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 1:56 PM

^ Sleazoid Bowery Presents.

How funny would it be if Live Nation NYC and Bowery Presents fought each other, and I don't mean "BP outbid LN for Led Zeppelin" or some shit, I'm talking a real fight.

The Battle Of Mercury Lounge

Fifteen Live Nation NYC goons show up and suprise attack ML. It begins with an unassuming 5'3" pizza delivery guy showing up to the door at Mercury, saying he's here to deliver a pizza, being told by the big black bouncer no one ordered a pizza, and kicking the bouncer in the balls and fifteen LN goons storm the place and trash it. Live Nation puts ML out of commission indefinitely.

The Battle Of Gramercy Theater

Bowery Presents is pissed. Their biggest, baddest bouncer is in the hospital recovering from the balls-kick and they weren't able to rally enough troops to stop Merc's trashing. They show up to Gramercy twenty strong but it ends in a draw as LN has 20-25 security of their own. Gramercy still stands.

The Battle Of Music Hall Of Willamsburg

Live Nation smells blood. They figure if they put MHOW out of commission, BP's legs would be cut out from under them as they can't book just Terminal 5. The pizza deliveryguy who kicked the BP bouncer in the balls is angry that he was paid only $50 to do the kick, so he drops a dime and lets BP know of the attack. BP rounds up FIFTY security at $200 a head - ten grand worth of troops - to suprise the measly 30-35 LN security who shows up to MHOW. BP security delivers a can of whoopass on the LN security. Shortly after this time, reconstruction of Mercury Lounge begins and LN is back to Square One.

The Battle Of Roseland and Terminal 5.

Two epic battles, one at each megaclub in one night. Rather than do battle at the downtown clubs, both companies decide to throw down at the big clubs uptown. Both end in a bloody draw.

The Treaty In Front Of 315 Bowery (CBGB's old address)

Both companies, realizing they pretty much control 90% if not ALL the big live music concerts in and around NYC (in LN's case all over the United States, in BP's case from Boston to NYC to New Orleans), sign a peace treaty ending the fight.

Posted by D | August 16, 2013 1:58 PM

Wow, that was not funny at all, D. I'm legitimately embarrassed for you thinking of how long it took you to write that.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:07 PM

^take your meds D

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:07 PM

"hahahaha good luck selling your e-tickets without stubhub"

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:08 PM

Wow it was good enough that you critiqued it.

That's a first - two nuthuggers posting at the same time (2:07.) You two must be linked like Obi Won and Luke Skywalker. Bitches.

Posted by D | August 16, 2013 2:14 PM

"@12:15 once again, back to respond to "trust issues" who made that comment above. You may have issues but many others don't. Desperate times call for desperate action. Since the post was removed on SH, I have had a influx of offers to my CL ad. This sale might actually exceed what i thought it would. People seem desperate and are mass bidding high amounts."

don't talk till you close; they're feeling out prices

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:15 PM

214 get checked. someone acknowledging your psychopathy doesn't mean it's good in any way.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:17 PM

Psychopathy? I like that.

Get fucked and a life.

Posted by D | August 16, 2013 2:28 PM

Oh yeah, go milk the cow in the pic instead of milk my dick, bitch.

Posted by D | August 16, 2013 2:29 PM

228 just saying that, from an honest objective standpoint, nothing you're saying is funny, or even makes sense. not trolling.

maybe go back and re-read some of the stuff you post a few days after you post it once your moods change and you'll see. keep a journal or something.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:30 PM

The real D would not care about Bowery Presents. There is only one insipid cunt that serial posts hatred toward Bowery Presents. So now we know who the fake D really is, behind the monitor of alleged anonymity.

Dude, give it a rest with the Bowery Presents shit. Really, we all get it - you don't like Bowery Presents. Just relax. Go for a run or something. Have a sandwich. Go take a nap. God for the love of hummus, stop with these angry tirades against something that sane people see as just another necessary evil (like the MTA, no trans fats, etc.)

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:37 PM

Hey clueless, in case you've been living under a rock the past three or so years, there has been continous talk about the rivalry between Bowery Presents and Live Nation. I merely wrote a funny/unfunny story satirizing it but wait...I never said it was "funny" or not, I merely said it was good enough that a twit like you felt the need to say something about it which was really saying nothing. You obviously like to laugh, ok, well you might want to start by getting off my dick, stop bitching about what I post, and go watch 48 Hrs. or some shit (oh wait, that's the movie not the tv show as your dumbass might not know that.)

Maybe go back and re-read your replies to me and realise the only pair of asscheeks between us is you. Keep a journal? I'll keep posting whatever the FUCK I want to post and you can not read it if you don't like it, ok Mr/Mrs/Ms. Psychologist By Mail?

Posted by D | August 16, 2013 2:41 PM

Yeah 2:37, it is only one person who makes comments on here hating on Bowery Presents. The same 1 person who hates on Terminal 5.

What a dumb douche you are and you just know this doofus has to work for them to make that kind of retarded comment.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:45 PM

^ ha ha
Eat a dick douche

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:48 PM

"You obviously like to laugh, ok, well you might want to start by getting off my dick, stop bitching about what I post, and go watch 48 Hrs. or some shit (oh wait, that's the movie not the tv show as your dumbass might not know that.)"

hahahaha this made me laugh a lot. i like to laugh.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:50 PM

This is the real D and for the love of hummus stop posting about hummus and give it a rest with the "fake D" and "this isn't D" crap. You have such a boring life you actually analyze if it's me or not then post how it isn't me LOL.

BP is a necessary evil huh? Bullshit. Why not four to six live concert promoters in NYC/metro not two (BP and LN)? Plenty of venues to go around, better booking.

Posted by D | August 16, 2013 2:51 PM

woh woH WOH fake D! Little jumpy today? That was the first time I wrote today so chill. Anyway, a few other folks look like they are psychoanalyzing you, so I won't muddy the waters there. I will say that the whole Bowery Presents thing was below the real D, so it was actually a compliment to your charade. I was sayin you got something right.

But, you also showed your hand given your re-anonymous vitriol at 2:45. (really? I mean come on, buy a clue dude)

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:52 PM

i chuckled at the venue battle story, but this D character (or fake D?) seems very angry, though another person apparently "follows" him around this site which is also probably pretty annoying

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:53 PM

You know who are the only douches that give a second thought to Bowery Presents? Ticket scalpers (who make lawyers look like normal people), the Live Nation street team, and dudes who got thrown out of Bowery Presents shows but doing douchey things like show up just as the band goes on and try to elbow to the front, fight with bouncers, and generally act like dweebs that should get the tar knocked out of them.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:56 PM

D, please start a tumblr, so I can read this psychobabble shit all in one place. I should look away, but I can't; it's like when you see a mentally deranged holocaust denier screaming on the street. Most of what you're saying either doesn't make sense or contains some completely broken thought pattern.

And there are four to six live concert promoters in the NYC/metro area, dude. More than that. You just seem focused on the ones whose venues sell on TIcketmaster.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 2:57 PM

"Ticket scalpers (who make lawyers look like normal people)"

Only hippies hate lawyers. The rest see them as a necessary profession.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 3:02 PM

The funniest part of the BV comment sections, besides the always laughable D and other various morons, are the ones who claim comments to be the work of one person over and over.

That shit never ceases to give me a belly laugh. Keep it up dum dum's.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 3:11 PM

^ So true, only to be outdone by those who claim to know all the individual people that post on BV. I laugh so hard at those morons my belly starts to hurt. Like Charlie Browne and the football, they never seem to realize that they are sound more idiotic than those who claim to know that all the comments come from a single person. They all seem to think they're The Amazing Kretzkin. Hilarious!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 3:22 PM

Oh damn I saw what you did there. Good show.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 3:24 PM

I like Charlie Browne

Posted by Snuupie | August 16, 2013 3:52 PM

Actually 3:24, the thing who posted at 3:22 made no sense. Maybe I missed it but I have yet to see someone on here claim they know all the people posting comments. Someone enlighten me.

You kidding me? You think it is less moronic and more plausible to think every comment you don't like is the work of one person rather than maybe a bunch of people.

Yes, it is all the work of one person. In fact it's a guy at the NSA spying on everyone along with posting the same comment you dislike over and over. Of course that has got to be it.

Oh and by the way Senor Half Wit, it's The Amazing KRESKIN.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 4:28 PM

Blink show is back on StubHub which now claims that all fees will be donated to charity.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 4:51 PM

It's Charlie Brown . . . good grief!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2013 5:19 PM

Blink 182 make good music. I play synthesizer with them

Posted by Giorgio Moroder | August 17, 2013 12:11 AM

I just made some fierce hummus.

Posted by Frohawk | August 17, 2013 12:11 AM

Does anyone realized how he changed perspective at the end of the song.. Great writing

Posted by James | February 9, 2014 10:30 AM

ok, I guess i'm not used to this kind of singing, but I couldn't understand her, and I didn't think she was that good. I don't get it. Is there something I could listen to to get used to it? Maybe I don't want to. I don't get it.

Posted by Isabella | February 13, 2014 8:48 AM