Posted in music | tour dates on September 5, 2013

Berlin Festival

The big festival season may be coming to a close now that Labor Day is behind us and it doesn't really feel like summer anymore, but of course that doesn't mean there aren't any to still look forward to (though many are in warmer places than here in the Northeast).

One festival that will take an airplane ticket and a passport to get to from the US, but has a lineup that might make it worth it, is the Berlin Festival in -- you guessed it -- Berlin. It goes down this weekend from September 6-7 and includes Blur, Bjork, Pet Shop Boys, My Bloody Valentine, Klaxons, Savages, Justice (DJ), John Talabot (live), and more. Tickets for the festival are on sale now. Full schedule here.

In October, Austin gets the previously discussed Austin City Limits Festival for two weekends (10/4-6 & 10/11-13) with Depeche Mode, The Cure, Atoms for Peace, Phoenix, Wilco, Vampire Weekend, The National, passion Pit, Queens of The Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys, Kendrick Lamar, Franz Ferdinand and more. Weekend passes for weekend 2 and VIP options for both weekends are still available. Check out the schedule here. If you'll be in Austin for the festival, don't forget to catch some of the official late shows too.

Later on in the year, Austin gets the previously discussed Fun Fun Fun Fest (Nov. 8-10) which includes Descendents, Quicksand, Television, Deerhunter, MGMT, M.I.A., Snoop Dogg, Cut Copy, The Walkmen, Kurt Vile, Body Count, Cloud Nothings, Title FIght, White Lung and more. Tickets are still available. Check out the full lineup.

Around that same time, New Orleans hosts the previously mentioned Voodoo Experience festival (11/1-3) with Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, The Gaslight Anthem, Desaparecidos, Cults, Rudimental and more. Tickets are still available. Check out the full schedule.

Though it's not quite a "festival," NYC will be bombarded by a whole slew of bands this fall when a big portion of the music industry heads our way for the 2013 CMJ Music Marathon, which runs from October 15-19. Confirmed artists include The Dismemberment Plan, Pelican, Jacco Gardner, Good Riddance, Godflesh, Eagulls, Courtney Barnett, The Long Winters, Savages, Yamantaka // Sonic Titan, Eleanor Friedberger, Kevin Drew, Obits, Fuck Buttons, Quadron, Speedy Ortiz, Lawrence Rothman and more. Badges are on sale now.

Right before CMJ, NYC will be getting the 2013 CBGB Music & Film Festival which goes from October 9 to 13 across various venues and includes Andy Shernoff, Arto Lindsay, Bass Drum of Death, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., Ginger Baker, Hanni El Khatib, Meat Puppets, Obits, The Spits, Tommy Ramone, and more. Badges are still available.

And right as CMJ is ending in NYC, San Francisco will be getting its two-day Treasure Island Music Festival (10/19-20). That festival includes Atoms for Peace, Beck, Animal Collective, James Blake, Japandroids, Disclosure, Tricky, Little Dragon, and more. Tickets are still available. Check out the full schedule.

What else?

Posted by Anonymous | September 5, 2013 3:27 PM

"Arto Lindsay is also playing the CBGB Fest, an anomaly as he actually played CBGB"

Added that in, thanks

Posted by andrewsacher | September 5, 2013 3:31 PM

THIS is a festival I'd actually pay to see...

Posted by Anonymous | September 5, 2013 3:34 PM

I gotta say, Blur, Bjork, and MBV would be a pretty cool show. Too bad the rest of that lineup sucks. And, you know, the fact that it's in Berlin.

Posted by Anonymous | September 5, 2013 4:03 PM

berlin fest - tempelhof airport is the biggest building in the world.

Posted by Anonymous | September 5, 2013 4:23 PM

when is Blur playing the US????

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2013 11:01 AM

^excellent questions along with MBV and Stone Roses...show some east coast love!

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2013 12:34 PM

It's better off the Stone Roses aren't coming here. Have you heard how bad they sound these days? Embarrassing.

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2013 12:51 PM

^yeah heard that they weren't so great live..I look at it as an evening of entertainment and I love that debut album so I will take it for what its worth.

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2013 1:38 PM

its nice to see your hometown mentioned at brooklynvegan !

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2013 5:57 PM

My friend and I have tickets this year! We are Americans and speak no German, only English...

Posted by Eve | October 1, 2013 2:22 PM

Am from CANADA and my name is Jenifer, i had a girl friend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her girl friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girl friend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this when ever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and i tried times with out numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the GREAT Dr.ADANIKE and i emailed him with his email (dradanikesolutionhome@outlook.com) and he replied me so kindly and help me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months. Am so happy.Thank you Dr ADANIKE.he phone number +2347058747764

Posted by Jennifer | October 22, 2013 1:10 PM