As mentioned, the annual NYC Village Halloween Parade will be back for its 40th Anniversary this year and is in need of some financial help due to last year's 11th hour cancellation in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Their Kickstarter went live today which has until October 21 to meet their $50k goal. You can watch the parade's Kickstarter video and read a little bit more about where the money will be going below.
NYC Halloween Parade Kickstarter will help fund:
• The deficit from Hurricane Sandy
• Security. Lots of it to make sure you and the other 2 millions people can have fun and be safe
• Insurance. Higher than ever and mandatory
• Artist & Producer fees. Even with our limited budget, we try to pay as many creative folks as possible! From producers and volunteer coordinators, to float designers and fabricators, to puppet makers and choreographers, to bands and musicians, dancers and stilt walkers, we value the creative people we work with.
• Materials. We make hundreds of new puppets, costumes and floats for the Parade theme each year. % Day of Event Equipment. Walkie talkies. Trucks & floats. Port-o-sans. Lighting. Audio.Video. % Signage. You d be lost without it!
• Staff Uniforms. (The coveted Marshal Tees) So you know who we are if you need something!
• Food for Staff, Volunteers & Security: No robots are used in the making of this parade. It takes 450 people to pull this off, and, like the army we are, we run on our stomachs!
• Basil Twist's Giant Spider to climb back up the Jefferson Market Library Tower!
We do not spend any money on advertising. The publicity you see on the parade is either unsolicited or secured via trade with media sponsors for on air or in-print announcements.