Posted in music | pictures on September 23, 2013

photos by Keith Marlowe

Koffin Kats at Knitting Factory - 9/15/13
Upstart

Touring northeast punk rock party Upstart Fest wrapped up in Portland, ME yesterday (9/22) after having come to NYC a week earlier for a show at Knitting Factory (9/15). The lineups varied slightly at each one, with the NYC stop getting sets from Koffin Kats, The Turbo AC's, The Jukebox Romantics, Svetlanas, and more. Pictures from that show are in this post and they continue below...

Lost In Society

Svetlanas

Hudson Falcons

The Jukebox Romantics

The Turbo AC's

Koffin Kats

Upstart

I had a fucking child and named it "Toilet." I'm the man. My son's got that big-ass dick, yo.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2013 9:39 AM

These pictures show nothing but the real rock in roll and the fire in the stage where guitars are being played, drums are beaten and the vocalist is expressing his soul to all the jammers below. Great moment of concert!

Posted by Lindsay Rosenwald | September 23, 2013 9:39 AM

So Glad I went to this show, Every band that I saw was amazing, and the Svetlanas totally blew me away great show great crowd great time!

Posted by Joe | September 23, 2013 7:34 PM

awesome fucking show! went for Turbo AC's and now have 4 new favorite bands thanks up fest you rule!

Posted by gina | September 23, 2013 8:19 PM

When I heard about this festival I only recognized a few names. I went for the Kats and fell in love with Hudson Falcons and The Jukebox Romantics. The romantics brought me to tears by the end of the set and I remembered why I became a punk fan. Good times.

Posted by Stefan | September 23, 2013 9:18 PM

I played this tour with the Hudson Falcons and have to say from an insiders point of view, this was one of the best sets of shows I've ever had the privilege of playing, and I've played a few shows in my time. Every single band was amazing and everybody was friendly and cool, it was a pleasure to be a part of this. Just sayin'.

Posted by uncle chris | September 24, 2013 1:15 AM

One of the best line ups I have ever scene, unfortunetly missed the first couple acts but every band I saw on this show was undeniably amazing. can't even give you a favorite, good job on this one knitting factory!

Posted by Big Bri | September 24, 2013 9:55 AM

I remember seeing these guys many years ago at Bobby's Montebello Inn when´╗┐ they were first hitting the scene. Not quite my cup of tea, but real glad to see them doing so well these days and staying true to their style.

Posted by Nathaly | October 15, 2013 9:32 AM

im gonna see you guys at warped tour phoenix and im fucking stoked!!!!!!!!!! KEEP DOING YOUR THANG YOU GUYS ARE THE SHIT!!

Posted by Rade | October 18, 2014 1:29 PM