Posted in TV | music on October 1, 2013

REVOLT

Sean "Diddy" Combs is launching his own music television network, REVOLT, later this month. What's it all about? The "multi-genre, multi-platform music network" will feature "that new shit, the stuff that people are afraid to play," Diddy says in a new promotional video, and adds,"If you like good music, you finally have a home."

While the cable network doesn't launch till October 21, REVOLT's YouTube channel has been busy over the last few months doing short features on a wide variety of artists. With their slogan "Powered by Music, Driven by Culture & Fueled by You!" it sounds a little like Current.TV's model when it started. Among the folks who'll be working there, onscreen and off, is former Stereogum editor Amrit Singh.

You can check out a few REVOLT video segments below...

What Music Will REVOLT Play ?

Reggie Watts On Seattle, Jash, And The '90s "Punk Rock" Counter-Comedy

At Made in Ameria Fest 2013

Football on the Clearport

Mandela Respected By South Africans On His 95th Birthday

lol he's trying so hard to stay relevant

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 1:11 PM

How long until this becomes becomes all reality shows?

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 1:21 PM

haha @1:21 this!

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 1:26 PM

so there are five youtube videos (that I didn't watch) and four of them are of interviews with african american performers and one covering another african american hosted festival. diddy, we already have BET. where is the station for the new generation, playing the white/indie/hipster tunes?

you should get out of the game. as soon as you had a clothing line and were repping vodka ads, you became played out.

he was never relevant to anyone who knew music.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 1:37 PM

@1:37- dude, you burned diddy sooooo bad!!! Nice!

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 2:05 PM

cable tv? so hot right now.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 2:07 PM

I always pictured Amrit Singh's mannerism much differently when I imagined him in my head. The image I had was a more softhanded and effeminate type guy, but he's really just a bro, huh?

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 2:18 PM

If these YouTube clips are any hint at what the station will be like, then they're in some serious shit. There's not much I'm seeing here that I don't see when I'm glazing past Fuse and MTVU, or can just watch online at Noisey or Fader.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 2:21 PM

troll post

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 2:25 PM

Diddy ruined hiphop in the 90s. He made it acceptable for hiphop artists to become se11outs, en masse. People were se11ing out way before he came on the scene, but he made it acceptable. Hiphop became less about good beats and good rhymes, and more about bling, "club bangers", bottles in the club, etc. He should just go away.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 2:49 PM

Holy shit, that Reggie Watts "interview" is the worst suck-up giggle fest virtual blow job I've ever seen.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 3:24 PM

Diddy has always been one step ahead of the game. People are still catching up to Dirty Money.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 3:30 PM

3:30, what game is he one step ahead of?

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 3:40 PM

Arsenio Hall > Diddy

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 3:43 PM

1:37

You are a racist plain and simple for calling on "white" artists to be covered.

Btw historically what has the whites-controlled music media world since MTV went on the air done for black people who played rock 'n' roll? Sure, MTV played Living Colour and 24-7 Spyz videos, but I don't ever recall them interviewing or doing a feature on LC on 24-7.

Fuse is based in Penn Station. How come they didn't cover LC's last album Chair In The Doorway, or mention 24-7 Spyz's reunion show with Eric Brodnax? I don't ever recall them or other major white-controlled media outlets outside of BV giving Afro-Punk and God Forbid much coverage.

Posted by D | October 1, 2013 7:19 PM

^ perhaps because 24-7 spyz was not good?

or maybe bececause living color had a hit in fucking 1989. 1989. that is like a million years ago if you were born in the 90's.

shut the fuck up and go back yo yonkers.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2013 10:58 PM

..more like "powered by Poland Springs"

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2013 1:27 PM

I was at that shoot and met him that day, such an inspirational and hard working individual. I'm auditioning for being a host! Check me out and give me some support! I want this more than anything!! (: (:

Posted by Micah | November 1, 2013 5:23 AM