Like the four Elliott Smith tribute shows that took place in August to honor the songwriting legend in the ten-year anniversary of his death, another will happen in NYC on the actual day of the anniversary, October 21. The tribute show happens at Glasslands and includes some pretty great musicians like Cat Power, DIIV's Zachary Cole Smith with Sky Ferreira, Yoni Wolf (of Why?), The Low Anthem, Luke Temple, Marissa Nadler, Aaron Pfenning (of Rewards, ex-Chairlift), Sadie Dupuis (of Speedy Ortiz), Adam Schatz, The Perennials and Tereu Tereu.
$50 tickets for the show are on sale now, and some of the proceeds will benefit Elliott Smith Memorial Fund. That fund benefits Outside In and Free Arts for Abused Children, and there's also an IndieGogo campaign raising money for Outside In that includes rewards related to the Glasslands show:
* Set lists from the nightCheck out an Elliott Smith video from 2000 below...
* High-quality 12" x 11" concert posters, designed by local artist Allison Specketer
* Live recording of the show (participating bands TBA)
* Goodie Bag (details TBA) from Kill Rock Stars
* High-quality 18" x 24" concert poster, autographed by all the musicians
Elliott Smith - North Star Bar - February 21st, 2000 [Full Show]