Posted in music on October 14, 2013

Judge @ Saint Vitus 10/11/2013 (photo by Matt Achstatter)
Judge

Invisible Oranges sponsored an extremely rare one-off Judge show last Friday (10/11) at Saint Vitus as part of the CBGB Festival. Tickets sold out very quickly, even before Murphy's Law was announced as direct support at the last minute.

We've got a full review of the show over at Invisible Oranges and there are videos of their full sets from the show in this post. From Matt Achstatter's writeup:

"One might find it strange that the party animals of Murphy's Law were paired on a bill with the straightedge warriors of Judge, but it was a great display of the unifying power that music possesses and camaraderie amongst hardcore fans.

The crowd, which included all sorts of NYHC scene legends, were all well aware of what a once-in-a-lifetime experience seeing the original Judge lineup at such a small venue would be. While the bartenders definitely had their hands full, there was no shortage of hands with X's drawn on them in permanent marker and straightedge varsity jackets. After a brief soundcheck, the sounds of rainfall came over the P.A. to let everyone know that there was a storm brewing. Judge proceeded to open up with their track "The Storm" off of their iconic 1989 release "Bringin' it Down, and the crowd was kicked into full stagedive and mosh mode. The band performed their limited but all-killer discography almost in its entirety. Anthony "Civ" Civarelli (of Gorilla Biscuits fame) joined them to perform their famed Blitz cover "Warriors". They closed out the night with an ode to the New York hardcore brotherhood entitled "New York Crew," off their 1988 EP of the same name, joined by guest vocalist Richie Birkenhead (of Underdog/Into Another fame)."

Again, you can check out the whole writeup over at IO.

Judge have another upcoming appearance at Fun Fun Fun Fest, which runs from November 8 through November 10. Tickets are still available. Check out full videos of the Judge and Murphy's Law sets below.

Judge:

Murphy's Law:

Fallen rasta brethren, the sound of rainfall and you.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 7:16 PM

Wow...judging by that video at least, Mike was asleep at the wheel and the crowd was surprisingly unenthused.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 8:21 PM

porcell looks nice and shiny

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 8:37 PM

8:21pm Cuz it's a paycheck to this phony.

Posted by D | October 14, 2013 8:39 PM

Brooklyn Vegan:

Co-opting NYHC since 2009.

Posted by D | October 14, 2013 8:46 PM

Murphy's Law go away.

Posted by D | October 14, 2013 8:52 PM

How have Murphy's Law lasted this long? Granted it's just Jimmy and a bunch of randoms but jesus, I don't know anyone who ever cared about them.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 9:50 PM

@9:50 You obviously have not followed hardcore for very long because in the 80s Murphy's Law headlined big venues like The Ritz and opened for just about everyone as well. They were very popular in the 80s and early 90s. First two albums are classics.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 10:23 PM

D go away.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 10:23 PM

"They were very popular in the 80s and early 90s"

right. over 20 fucking years ago. go the fuck away. they had some of the dumbest shit i've ever hear...."why don't you drink fuckin' beer, wgat's the matter are you queer?".

fuck them.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 10:37 PM

I heart Murphys law! Just wanted to show some love!

Maria Salis
Designer
www.upscalecostumes.com

Posted by maria sales | October 14, 2013 10:44 PM

Make me 10:23pm.

Posted by D | October 14, 2013 11:54 PM

Murphy's Law is a joke with no punch line.
IF Judge still believes in edge ethics
they would not have played a show with a band that promotes drinking and dope.

Posted by Jeff | October 15, 2013 12:02 AM

first two albums are classics....

ummm, ok. They are the lamest of the bunch and the genre already has enough creatively limited bands.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 12:06 AM

But but UNITY!!!!

Power to succeed and we all got it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 12:21 AM

................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................D................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 1:00 AM

everything people appreciate about judge is everything that was terrible about hardcore.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 1:05 AM

As someone who knows nothing about hardcore, I disagree with you.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 5:22 AM

"Murphy's Law is a joke with no punch line."

Exactly. Challenge Jimmy G. to have Murphy's Law go a full two years without milking the first two albums and his band would end because it'd get zero shows.

"IF Judge still believes in edge ethics
they would not have played a show with a band that promotes drinking and dope."

Word. Like I said, Judge are phonies.

"I, by no means don't expect a band to adhere to material they wrote many years ago but don't you find any irony in this? Former edge band singing pro-edge songs while having a party band open for them?"

Actually, the band should adhere to words they sang many years ago if they're gonna sing them in 2013 otherwise what does it mean? Nothing. Empty words. Insincerity. It's not only irony, it's hypocrisy.

"It's really sad that so many bands claiming how much they love music have done NOTHING new to reinforce their claims of how much music means to them. What NEW material have any of these guys written? from ANY of the names mentioned in this article?"

They're afraid to put out new music. Look at "Cro-Mags" (in quotes because they exist in name only.) Every so often John Joseph barks about CM putting out new music and it never happens. He won't put out new CM shit because he knows it'll be worse than the worst CM album (Near Death Experience.) He has nothing left like Jimmy G., Mike from Judge, Civ, and Richie Birkenhead have nothing left. They're also scared to put out new shit because they fear no one will be into it.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 7:34 AM

D - when you hit puberty you'll realize the only constant is change. but you'd know that already if you listened to uniform choice.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 8:25 AM

If you play the Judge video without volume and throw on some soft rock it goes perfect with the bands stage presence.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 8:29 AM

Puberty? I'm 43, asshole. And Uniform Choice are a bunch of hob-nosed page boys.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 8:38 AM

All potatoes, no meat.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 8:39 AM

Jesus...the Judge clicked sucked.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 8:41 AM

D- you're 43? unlikely. and page boys? you just tipped your hand, girl.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 8:48 AM

Is anyone going to take Edge Ethics this semester? I am looking for a youth study crew to meet up. PMA only.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 8:50 AM

8:25am

So you're the asshole who approves or rejects comments for this article, huh? Since my initial post mentioned Uniform Choice.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 9:10 AM

When I say "initial post about Uniform Choice" I'm not talking about the one where D Impostor Idiot #468 calls them hob-nosed page boys, I'm talking about my post you, 8:25pm, didn't allow to be posted on here where I said I respected Uniform Choice even more considering they are the one straightedge band who has never reunited for the cashgrab and glory and never will like Judge, DYS, and Youth Of Today.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 9:14 AM

As long as this makes my green vinyl Murphy's Law record go up in value, I'm OK with this. More shows!... but not too many, please.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 9:28 AM

9:14 grew up in Bakersfield, went to county school in the area, never graduated, and eventually went on to work as a landscaper in Burbank. At 36, he wished he saw all these bands he namechecks. Still single, he plays his CD's when he gets home, eats his Burrito with rootbeer, then fires up his iPad that his sister gave him for his birthday. All his coworkers thinks he's weird.

A true BV warrior.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 9:30 AM

^ You couldn't be further off the mark.

Actually, this is you and it sucks huh?

Oh wait...it's the 37-year old Touche Amore Superfan who lied about when he got into hardcore so he could front like he was a hardcore kid the last time hardcore meant something (before Nirvana/grunge took off.)

'Makes sense. He says 36 years old so 37 isn't obvious. Touche Amore is from LA, Bakersfield is in CA up the coast from LA. He wishes he saw Bad Religion and all the bands he rattled off who played ABC No Rio.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 9:38 AM

9:38: You're punctuation is incoherent, you make no sense and if you're really 43, you're an absolute waste of space... and, sad.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 10:07 AM

"Actually, this is you and it sucks huh?"

Wow, quite the comeback. Go back to being the admin on your WWF board

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 10:21 AM

Hey D, Did Porcell ever break edge?

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 10:25 AM

Pretentious D is 43

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 10:37 AM

9:38 why do you give a shit if people broke their edge, play old songs etc... if you really are 43 and give a shit about these sort of things, you should really go outside your basement apt. and try and meet a nice guy.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 10:53 AM

jumping in quickly....

Lots of edge bands wrote these lyrics when they were in their late teens and mid 20s. It's very un-realistic to hold someone accountable for something they wrote decades ago.

This I agree with 100%. However, D makes a good point about hypocrisy; singing pro-edge songs while being very removed from the ethics or whatever. I don't see anything wrong with some accountability.

Posted by Jeff | October 15, 2013 11:06 AM

How does any of this relate to the fact that other than their imagery and reputation, Judge was really boring? Also - shouldn't personal health be a part of edge-ing? Try dieting, dude.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 11:23 AM

9:38

Er, get a map or something. Bakersfield is certainly not "up the coast from LA". That's like saying Albany is on the Atlantic Ocean.

Don't forget to shower.
Don't forget to shave.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 11:28 AM

Jesus Christ. Next to Mike Judge, Billy Milano looks physically fit. The rest of the guys look they're in an oi band with the guys from Fed Up playing a secret show at Acheron.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 11:53 AM

Accountability? hypocrisy? It's just a song. Who gives a flying fuck?

It's like saying Lou Reed can't play Heroin because he doesn't shoot dope anymore.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 12:13 PM

11:28pm Californians have told me "up the coast" means "north" since the state lies on the Pacific Coast hence Bakersfield being north of LA is "up the coast" from LA. Get a sense of what language is you semantics playing dullard.

11:53pm LOL good one!

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 12:14 PM

Actually 12:13pm, Lou Reed can play Heroin, he'd just be a total full of shit jackass doing it...like Mike "Judge" Ferraro is a total full of shit jackass singing about straightedge in between slamming down beers which make him a man which runs him the risk of someone losing his cool who Mike better understand...UNDERSTAND!!!!

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 12:21 PM

Mike Judge, the guy who created Beavis and Butthead and King of the Hill?

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 12:42 PM

^ YAWN.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 12:49 PM

VISION

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 1:51 PM

I'd like to weigh in on this, but Mike already broke the scales.
Thank you - don't forget to tip your waitress.

Posted by xTAINTx | October 15, 2013 2:04 PM

Vegan Comments!
Join D Army
Vegan Comments!
Join D Army

Posted by cyco | October 15, 2013 2:09 PM

^ gay.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 2:25 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwww @ 9:38

D can't forget about me.

Posted by B | October 15, 2013 2:43 PM

enough with all these generic h.c. intros before songs officially start! stupid feedback droning and open E chords ringing out. lame and no creativity!

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 3:06 PM

Judge not, lest ye be judged!

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 4:09 PM

2:43pm Oh so it is you. Herb from Bakersfield.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 4:45 PM

Only at 2:43, that was my first posting.

Posted by B | October 15, 2013 4:51 PM

judge were fifth rate back in 1989. what i just watched in that video is ... sad. murphy's law once brought the house down, killing it no matter if they opened, headlined, whatever. but now? sad.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 5:21 PM

^^ Judge not, lest ye be judged!

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 5:24 PM

2:43 I doubt that was your first posting. I fucking doubt that.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 7:21 PM

You're right D, it wasn't.

Posted by B | October 15, 2013 7:22 PM

anyone have a clue what judge made off this show? $15k?

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 7:55 PM

@7:55 That is ridiculous. I would say $4000 tops. The place only holds 200! How could they get 15,000! This aint Webster Hall, folks!

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 8:12 PM

5:21pm

It boggles my mind how a shit band like Murphy's Law can exist for the past 30 years on just five albums, three through 1991, and only two after that: Dedicated released in 1996 and The Party's Over in 2001 and both sucked ass like The Best Of Times released in 1991 sucked ass. I mean their last album of new material came out A DOZEN YEARS AGO and people are lauding them like they're some legendary band. Garbage. They tried and failed to be the next Fishbone or Red Hot Chili Peppers. So NYC yet they flew out to Cali to record The Best Of Times. Too bad they didn't stay out there.

Murphy's Law isn't a great band, they just have been around a great amount of time.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 10:04 PM

12:14

but you ARE all about semantics. please, for the love of god, stop listening to that supertouch record and learn something about america, or maybe even the rest of the world. have you even been outside of the nj/ny/ct metro area EVER? yeah, your cousin lives in italy.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2013 10:28 PM

For the love of god ignore me if you don't like my posts. I'm not going away. I'll go away when I feel like it, like I did once before.

'Love how you are still asshurt that I called you out as the pathetic liar you are.

Supertouch record? Stop bashing 1980s NYHC bands, coming off like someone who got his ass beat at a show one or several of them played in 1993 or 1994 or 2005 and move on with your life. So into what I listen to LOL.

Posted by D | October 15, 2013 11:07 PM

^
yet you bash the music choices of other people? dude, just like john brannon said, "you're just a hypocrite".

i saw supertouch more times than you, my furry friend. and i knew all the lyrics.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2013 12:10 AM

...says the guy who bashed Burn, Supertouch (who he didn't see more times than me and doesn't know the lyrics to), Revelation Records bands, and all the bands who played CBGB.

Posted by D | October 16, 2013 9:15 AM

...and bashed all those bands all because I called him out for the fake early '90s hardcore kid he is.

The simple fact that you are coming back again and again to run your mouth to me is proof I not only got to you but exposed you for the clueless moron you are. Keep dreaming that you got into hardcore in 1990 when you got into it in 200X or 201X herb cuz you're not 37 or even 30 years old either.

Posted by D | October 16, 2013 9:21 AM

No 37-year old is a Touche Amore fan let alone a TA fan period, at least not a sane one or one with at least taste in music regardless of mental state.

I'm posting short comments cuz once again this asshat of a blog owner has it set up where my comments have to be reviewed for approval which makes think more and more it's BV replying to me or having a hand in replies.

Posted by D | October 16, 2013 9:23 AM

*No 37-year old is a Touche Amore superfan.

Posted by D | October 16, 2013 9:24 AM

Pretentious D is 43. Lol.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2013 9:44 AM

D - you must be typing in keywords that flag BV's spam protector. It has nothing to do with what you think of some shitty band, you paranoid fuck.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2013 11:01 AM

^ let me clarify - 'paranoid, delusionally self-important fuck'

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2013 11:04 AM

11:01: haha, so true. What a nutjob.

43 years old..haha!

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2013 11:36 AM

11:01

I would add obsessive/ compulsive self-important moron who enjoys getting bitch-slapped left and right on BV everyday.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2013 12:03 PM

I'm the one doing the bitchslapping, and I love how you use words I and only I use on here. I love how the same person is posting as different Anonymice.

I'm not 43 but so what if I was? You're no better than me. In fact, you're the pathetic one/s between us because if I'm such an old fart, you're a young bitch wrapped up in what I post and why? Why care about what an old gasbag like me has to say?

You are threatened by and envious of my age and wisdom. You do not know how to make love to a woman like I do. You do not know how to give someone a beating like I do. You have not seen what I've seen and done what I've done. You come from an entirely different, softer, weaker, shallower universe than me. I am the beacon of light on this sorry-assed board. I bring life where there is lethargy. BV loves me as I must bring them tons of hits. I get people so riled up they post as me, yell at me, allude to me in posts I don't comment in, scold me, give me their ridiculous, worthless life advice I don't need. It's hilarious and you have to know I'm pulling legs X% of the time.

Posted by D | October 16, 2013 2:50 PM

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2013 10:32 PM

10:32pm. If the above is your claim to fame than you peaked years ago. I feel sorry for you.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2013 11:37 AM

Pretentious Delusions of Granduer.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2013 11:54 AM

And now we've come full circle. D thinks one person is multi-posting. I posted at 11:01 & 11:04, and nowhere else.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2013 12:04 PM

So this Mike Judge is not the king of the hill guy?

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2013 12:55 PM

^ 1) We heard you the first time.
2) You are the first person to ever make that connection. You should be very proud of yourself for all of the laughter you've brought to us.

Posted by xTAINTx | October 17, 2013 1:27 PM

Nobody has actually answered me though Mr. Taint

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2013 3:10 PM

"D-bag, I probably stagedove to Burn more times than you've even listened to the 1st 7". I saw them at least 15 times between 1990-1993 from places as diverse as ABC to The Anthrax, from Boston to DC. And I was under 18....so suck it!"

Under 18 and you traveled from Boston to DC to NYC, yeah sure ok. You're full of shit. Btw shithead you couldn't have gone to see them at CBGB since CBs was 16+ so no 14-15 year olds allowed there.

You MADE FUN of Burn, numbnut, ("I'm selling my Burn 7" on pink) now you're a Burn superfan LOL.

You're a fucking try-hard/wannabe/poser.

Posted by D | October 17, 2013 5:08 PM

Murphy's Law go away.

Posted by e3lanat mobawaba | October 17, 2013 6:09 PM

^ Word.

How does this shit band who's put out exactly TWO records in 21 years get lauded as "legends"?

Posted by D | October 17, 2013 6:17 PM

D-bag:
You are aware that more than one person can dislike your asinine opinions, right? You keep thinking that you're having an e-arguement with the same person. Are you really that dense? And fake ID's were readily available anywhere around Time Square. Not everyone lives a life like yours...or would ever want to.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2013 10:19 PM

Touche Amore Douche

Just...stop...you're embarrasing yourself. Your 13/14/15 year old ass did not get a fake ID in/around Times Square let alone go to NYC period. You got a fake ID so you could go to hardcore shows yeah sure LOL idiot. CBGB were EXPERTS in detecting fake IDs thus you would've never fooled them.

You ARE the same person, hellbent on showing the world you are a Touche Amore fan and now a Burn superfan who at ages 13-15 travelled from Boston to DC to NYC to ABC to see them and it's / you are ridiculous, pathetic, and sad. Just admit you're asshurt you missed hardcore in 1990-93 and most likely all of the '90s.

The only no-life bitch between us is you, a person who feels the need to verify his involvement in hardcore to me. Just admit you got into hardcore via Epitaph Records, Green Day, Warped Tour etc. and your mind will be free.

Posted by D | October 17, 2013 10:46 PM

Ok it's test time for you and you have exactly one hour from the time I post to answer the questions correctly (so you can't Google shit):

1. Name four Manhattan record stores which carried hardcore and existed 1990-93 besides Tower Records, Sam Goody, J&R Music World, and Generation Records (last one opened in '92.) They started with the letters B, R, V, and S. If you truly were a hardcore kid back then you knew all those places and hit at least any two of them. Oh yeah - where was THE go to place for Doc Martens back then?

2. Since you say you had a fake ID, name three East Village bars hardcore kids used to frequent 1990-93. These bars started with the letters A, K, and M and didn't card.

3. Who used to put on hardcore shows almost every week at what club on what street on the far west side of lower Manhattan?

4. Name three guys who caused HEAPS of trouble at NYC hardcore shows 1990-93. Two of them had names which began with M and S and while one's nickname in initials was L.E.

5. Name five NJHC bands besides Vision, Lifetime, and Mouthpiece who existed 1990-93, since you like to run your mouth about how you went to City Gardens.

Posted by D | October 17, 2013 11:08 PM

Time's up.

You have failed the test.

A big fat FFF for Fakeass Fuck Face for you.

The answers:

1. Bleecker Bob's, Reconstruction Records, Venus Records, Second Coming Records.

2. Alcatraz, King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, Mona's.

3. Sassy Magazine put on hardcore shows at Wetlands on Hudson Street.

4. Minus, Sob, and Lord Ezec.

5. No Escape, Turning Point, Hogan's Heroes, Backlash, and Ressurrection.

Posted by D | October 18, 2013 12:10 AM

fall out boy

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 4:59 AM

D. Brother. Get a grip. That 'test' gives me serious chills. I don't think any of us realized what a loser you were until now. Whose little lap dog were you at those shows back in the day? Can you give us a clue? I'm dying to know.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 9:26 AM

No lap dog and somebody failed the test hahaha (you.) You speak for no one here.

It's not being a "loser" to remember record stores, bars, bands, live music shows, or troublemakers at those shows, it's called having a life which I had, still have, and always will have. I know, I know, you don't shop at record stores, go to bars, follow local bands, hit live music venues, or really do anything with your life, you just run your keyboard mouth to me shit you'd never, ever say to my face in real life (like all of you.)

If I'm a loser, you're ten times the loser I am for paying attention to me so much you feel the need to reply to me over and over. Btw, winner, what are you doing replying to me let alone posting at 9:26am? What I wrote burned you up soooo much you felt the need to reply to me so early in the morning.

What I found indicative of what posers most if not all of you are is NO ONE attempted to even answer the first or third question. You're reading a post about Judge and Murphy's Law but you don't know about Bleecker Bob's, Reconstruction Records, Second Coming Records, and Venus Records? You didn't know about Wetlands?

Posted by D | October 18, 2013 10:07 AM

Oh yeah, that list of NINE Touche Amore shows you hit up and down the East Coast gives me serious chills. Get a grip. I don't think any of us realized what a loser you were until now with all your replies to me and how you went from Touche Amore superfan/Burn hater to fresh out of junior highschool City Gardens squirt who saw Bad Religion and The Dead Milkmen to Burn superfan/stagediver who at age 13-15 saw them "fifteen times" from NYC to Boston to DC to Touche Amore hater. You've come full circle as the biggest "D-Rider" in BV comments history.

Now go post as other people to make it like people are ganging up on me, you no-life sack of fake shit. It's hilarious how bummed out you are that you missed 1990-93 hardcore and the great lengths you go to to prove you were around then when you weren't.

Posted by D | October 18, 2013 10:33 AM

Btw you went to THREE hardcore shows this Saturday? Grow up and get a fucking life, you 37 year old freak, since you like to bash people for listening to hardcore after the age of 21.

Posted by D | October 18, 2013 10:35 AM

D is 43 lol

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 10:45 AM

^ I'm not 43 but so what if I was? Get some new material.

"D is 43" = highschool or college graduate concerned with how old I am, and terrified that he'll be 43 one day, like all ageists are.

Posted by D | October 18, 2013 11:14 AM

Pussy boy D's multi-post rant, so funny. Watch, in a day or two he'll be typing in all caps. What's really hilarious is that he actually believes his hardcore wankery is some kind of life.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 11:19 AM

jeez. aren't we all too old for this bullshit?
seriously. Every BV thread discussing h.c. just proves all the reasons why the genre has ceased to effectively create and implement anything positive.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 11:33 AM

I'm more 'core than you! You can't play in my tree house.

fuck this....

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 11:34 AM

Hey lapDog, were you sucking off Ezec back in the day?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 11:38 AM

11:14 pretty sad that the only genre of music you even talk about is HC. There is some really great music out there, expand and grow dude. Wow, good for you, you know your NYHC roots, that's so impressive to .002% of the general population... But, in all seriousness dude, you're 43, I'm willing to bet you're that weird dude that ONLY talks about NYHC to people, right? Bet 99.9% of the people you talk to have no idea about what you're even talking about, or remotely care. Let me guess - you're single too, right? Probably still live at home and manage the meat department at the local Shop Rite out in Long Island? You're so transperent it's quite sad...

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 12:16 PM

^ Good to see new blood on BV. He lives in a woodshed in someone's back yard (for real) in Astoria - not at 'home' but rather at someone else's home... and people think he works at C-Town, not Shop Rite. Either way, you're not far off.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 1:49 PM

haha, C-Town!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 2:27 PM

C-Town cares about our communities and sponsors tons of wonderful NYHC events every year. From Parades to Dominos Tournaments to Black and Blue Balls Bowls, C-Town participates in various hardcore events for you and your family to enjoy all year long.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 2:33 PM

I'm willing to put BIG money he's either from Long Island or Queens. Definitley has that I've been beat up alot, but I'm not backing down knucklehead aura.

Oh, sorry.

"Aura: A distinctive but intangible quality that seems to surround a person or thing"

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 2:41 PM

What's up, lapDog? Isn't it time for you to claim we're all one person?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 3:35 PM

Jeez, talk about someone getting a beating on this board. Ruthless.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 3:50 PM

11:19am Pussy boy whining about me anonymously about "hardcore wankery" and yet you read an entry about Judge and Murphy's Law and my posts, and reply to me.

11:33/34/38am (the same nutjob obsessed with me.) You have done nothing to make hardcore better so STFU. Me sucking off Ezec is wishful thinking on your part.

12:16pm Pretty sad that you don't realize that I talk about NYHC in entries about NYHC thus I talk about what's relevant to posts about NYHC you dumb shit. I talked about Ministry, Prong, and Swans in a recent thread about Nine Inch Nails.

LOL @ you being concerned with my relationship status. I have a girlfriend and even if I didn't, I'm not interested in men, thanks. Now I live on Long Island, not Astoria, and work at Shop Rite not C-Town LOL.

Look at 1:49pm creating "new blood" on the BV to make it like multiple people are posting hahaha you pathetic sap. You don't own your own home either.

3:35pm You said it not me. You are the same nutjob who has made ELEVEN posts since my last post from 11:19am to 3:50pm TODAY. GET SOME THERAPY MOREOVER GET A FUCKING JOB.

Posted by D | October 18, 2013 6:43 PM

Welp, I'm sure feeling cute today!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 7:34 PM

D- curious what you think about Toby Morse?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2013 8:34 PM

What do I think about Toby Morse?

Mixed feelings. On one hand he was a DMS thug who fronted like he was from NYC yet was/is from Providence, RI and never went to shows outside of ones he worked for Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front played, and he wasn't on the guestlist for. He never hung out outside of shows. His band H20 (which he falsely still calls NYHC because they relocated to southern California in 1998/99 to be the next Epitaph/California punk sensation after Rancid, The Offspring, NoFX and Green Day who are all shit) got what it got only because he, a friend and ex-roadie of Sick Of It All, was in the band.

On the other hand, he currently gives speeches to children at elementary, junior high, and I think highschool about the dangers of drinking, smoking, and doing drugs, something Ray Cappo, his Youth Crew, and all their imitators never did, doesn't do, and never will do, and (Toby) does it without preaching to them.

I have to say Toby's good has outweighed his bad which is a rarity among the 1989-93 DMS/Ritz/L'Amour/Onyx-Biohazard "Slam" video meathead crowd because his friend Lord Ezec is still a lowlife bully thug who never beat up anyone without his boys behind or who he couldn't take, and still blathers on about how he can beat up anyone and everyone even though he's 5'7" and 220 pounds of blubber like his partner in ganging up on kids smaller and weaker than him (them) pal Minus.

Posted by D | October 18, 2013 9:08 PM

What do I think about Toby Morse?

Posted by D | October 19, 2013 12:23 AM

Laborious. It really is.

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2013 6:32 AM

D, why are you obsessed with DMS?

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2013 8:34 AM

I'd bet that it's because his use of his letter and their use of his favorite letter are at odds with each other. Not to mention their thug stance was a parasitic blight on bands, venues, and audiences. People don't go to shows just to fight and rob each other. Those are reasons to stay away, and the band can try to play a show without those problems.

Posted by a glory hole for e-peens | October 19, 2013 11:04 AM

Anonymous pinhead D whining about people posting anonymously. LOL

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2013 12:18 PM

D- what do you think of Minus/Sob? Personally, I think those two single-handily destroyed Nyhc in the late 80's, early 90's.

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2013 12:36 PM

Look everyone BV moderating my comments when others are baiting me into talking about D M S. Minus, Sob, Ezec, D M S, and D M S's associates singlehandedly destroyed the N Y H C scene.

(I spaced the initials so their filter doesn't pick it up.)

Posted by D | October 19, 2013 10:49 PM

D, you definitely know more about late 80's/early 90's hardcore than the average person. In fact, you know truly know shit tons about it but you're obviously a stark raving lunatic. Meet me at the bar at the next secret Acheron oi show and I'll buy you a Merauder--D.iet coke mixed with M.onster energy drink and S.cotch. We'll both leave politics at the door, enjoy a few beverages and talk fashion.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 1:43 AM

D, you brought up minus, sob and ezac first in your test answers on. Oct 18 at 12:10 am. You're insane.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 2:01 AM

He's the Dianne Reidy of BV

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 2:54 AM

Who the fuck is Dianne Reidy?

2:01pm I brought them up but I didn't bring up D M S.

1:43pm No thanks and up yours.

Here's a real D M S drink:

Wait, there is no drink as when you receive it you smash it over the head of some unsuspecting kid no taller than 5'5" and no heavier than 130 pounds who these D M S pussies would target on the reg 1989-93.

Posted by D | October 20, 2013 3:25 AM

BTW Porcell is finally off steroids - too bad his nose isn't.

Posted by D | October 20, 2013 3:27 AM

DMS

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 3:32 AM

^ Okay???

Posted by D | October 20, 2013 4:14 AM

they're monitoring this site, and they are not taking these comments lightly. they will not be mocked.

Posted by D. M. S. Reidy | October 20, 2013 4:21 AM

th3 5p1n D0ct0r5

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 6:23 AM

4:21pm Hahahahaha

Let's say you were an actual D M S meathead/wannabe:

OOOOOH I'm scared of a bunch of pussies who never fought, fight, or will fight one on one.

They're soooo bad yet there is only one documented hardcore band/scene person they've fucked up: Dwid from Integrity who anyone could beat up.

"There are many others." yeah sure, who?

Posted by D | October 20, 2013 1:07 PM

D - f you and your beloved Jets.

Posted by The Commonwealth of Massachusetts | October 20, 2013 5:14 PM

My beloved Jets? Hahahaha. I don't even follow football. I know the Jets (barely) beat the Pats today and I guess you must've lost your shirt on it.

Posted by D | October 20, 2013 6:37 PM

^

You don't "barely" win anything. You win or you lose. Period.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 7:31 PM

But you CAN "bearly" win something, if you do it in a bear-like manner.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 7:42 PM

Shirt and more. F all of you.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 8:16 PM

@ 8:16 No, F yourself. Pats had 3 pro bowl quality defensive players on the disabled list, a shit receiving corps, porous O line, and Gronk was coming off 4 surgeries in 10 months. Plus if not for a bunch of rookie mistakes the Jets could have easily won in Foxboro a few weeks ago.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 9:02 PM

So, D, Porcell was on roids? Does that make him false-edge? Was he roided up on the cover of Break Down The Walls? Actually seeing what he looks like now compared to then, it's obvious.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 9:53 PM

D, here's a pop quiz: Name the nj band that was a straight edge parody band.
Finish this line: "be just like me and ____."
You have 1 hour.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2013 10:29 PM

I blame it all on the outfit Brady wore last week in the postgame.

Posted by a glory hole for e peens | October 20, 2013 10:29 PM

7:31pm & 9:02pm

Hey fuckface:

1. Stop making excuses for the Pats losing. Injuries are a part of football.

2. Winning 30-27 where you kick a fieldgoal in overtime to win it is barely beating your opponent. You weren't good enough to win it in the first sixty minutes and the NFL has this fucking STUPID overtime rule where a game ends on a fieldgoal when it should end on a touchdown in overtime.

9:53pm Yeah Porcell was on roids cuz look how small sans his nose is now.

10:29 Crucial Youth silly, and you gave it up with "NJ straightedge parody band". No sense in filling the rest of the lyric as I could lift it off some lyrics site and I don't do that. 'Way to give me a question and one hour to answer it at 10:29pm on a Sunday night when I and millions of others were watching Peyton vs. his former team out of pure offtime between baseball postseason series boredom.

Posted by D | October 21, 2013 12:30 AM

* Yeah Porcell was on roids thus wasn't edge cuz look how small he sans his nose is now.

Btw did anyone try to pull off John Joseph's rug at "Cro-Mags" tonight? LOL

Posted by D | October 21, 2013 12:31 AM

so now we know the answer to the question, "Does D even lift?"

because everyone that does knows that the easier road to take is to shrink when one stops lifting. Getting big and fat is more work for most people who are not predisposed to it. so when you stop working out for hours a day, every day, then you get smaller. No roids necessary. maybe he just tore something and had to stop. that is more likely, a big nose is not roid face (see lyle alzado for an example of roid face)

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2013 3:27 AM

9:02 - your Jets won because of a "rule" that was called for the first time in NFL history. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but if there was ever a fix in an NFL game this was it. Fuck you.

Posted by Massachusetts | October 21, 2013 9:34 AM

Porcell has a roid face - look at his face. He looks like a bald Dorothy Micheals from Tootsie.

9:02pm WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Maybe your Pats should've scored first?

Maybe your Pats shouldn't have commited a penalty during a fieldgoal attempt?

The Jets last Super Bowl appearance was in the '60s - January 12, 1969 - so fuck you you sore loser spoiled brat who I assume has watched the Pats win three Super Bowls and make it to five with Tom Brady, six if you saw them vs. the Green Bay Packers, seven if you saw them vs. the Packers and Bears. 'Sucks that Brady and the Pats have lost their last two SBs to Eli Manning and the Giants (LOL) but at least they made it to the SB not once but twice, more than the Jets since 1970 could say.

Posted by D | October 21, 2013 12:21 PM

Actually re: Pats, I was only trying to see if I could get a D rant going about a completely off-topic subject... and I did. D, you're the "Eric the Actor" of BV. If you don't get the reference ask a friend. Yes, I get it. You'll say that I'm obsessed for having done this. It was kinda fun as an experiment.

Posted by Massachusetts | October 21, 2013 1:22 PM

^ douche amore.

Posted by xTAINTx | October 21, 2013 2:34 PM

1:22pm I know you did and I obliged, but I'm sure you really are a Pats fan asshurt his team lost yesterday. I could give a fuck about whoever "Eric The Actor" is. Lemme guess...something on one of the four piece of shit hipster comedies Comedy Bang Bang, Portlandia, Whitest Kids U Know, or Saturday Night Live.

XTAINTX having my back with "^ douche amore" pointing to 1:22pm? That's a first.

XTAINTX do you think Porcell was on roids back in the day? Before you answer look at his nose and overall face and how small he is now. I think he was.

Posted by D | October 21, 2013 5:22 PM

He's a frequent guest/friend of Howard Stern.

I can't believe this shit is still going on, I thought BV threads usually died once a few pages removed from the main page.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2013 6:46 PM

^646

They do, but our 43 year-old friend who works at Shop-Rite won't leave the shed until he's had the last word.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2013 7:26 PM

^ So concerned about my age, workplace, and place of residence, none of which exist.

33 and still unemployed and living at home with the parents huh? You wish you had your own place and were working at Shop Rite and a shed is where you may wind up if your parents kick you out for being a lazy freeloader three years past 30 years old and two from 35.

6:46 you keep the thread alive when you post in it, dumbass.

Posted by D | October 21, 2013 7:54 PM

Pocell's abs > D's abs

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2013 8:27 PM

^ You would know about Porcell's abs from looking up at them when you sucked his cock at the Hare Krishna temple or backstage after a Shelter show, huh?

Posted by D | October 21, 2013 8:43 PM

D calls out other people for being ageist & homophobic & then makes homophobic remarks about other people.

I'm surprised someone Ds age knows how to use the internet, much less spends all his time on it trying to prove himself to strangers.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2013 9:22 PM

I don't prove myself to anyone.

I didn't make a homophobic remark as 8:27pm could've been a woman or a homosexual man with a thing for Porcell's abs since she or he felt the need to post that Porcell's abs > mine. How DOES 8:27pm know about Porcell's abs LOL.

Hey pot calling the kettle black you're the "ageist" one by saying you're surprised that someone my age knows how to use the internet, as if my age is a bad thing. AGEIST!

Posted by D | October 21, 2013 9:27 PM

Btw you're the ageist motherfuckers harping on that I'm 43 years old like it's a bad thing when it's not, besides that I'm not 43 and so what if I was?

Posted by D | October 21, 2013 9:34 PM

Re: roids. From all my other friends who got them so easily back in the day, I'd guess yes - and none of them considered doing them breaking edge from some strange reason.

Posted by xTAINTx | October 21, 2013 10:42 PM

Strange indeed. They were breaking edge.

Posted by D | October 21, 2013 11:15 PM

they don't get you high, so there's that. I used to ask the overt straight edge kids, "how come some of you spend all your rent money on records? how come some of you spend all your time playing video games," and the rationalization was that everyone has some vice, and it was straight edge to indulge in non drinking, non drug vices.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2013 11:46 PM

Wow fuck whoever the mod is.

Steroids are not edge. They alter your mind, spark violent behavior ("roid rage"), wreck bodies, and kill, that's it.

Collecting records and playing videogames too much are obsessions, not vices or addictions.

Posted by D | October 22, 2013 12:25 AM

What about coffee?

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2013 2:20 AM

D, I know about his abs because he spent the 80's pretty much shirtless.

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2013 6:01 AM

Hm . . . AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Let BV host your own nail salon.

Posted by climex | October 22, 2013 6:06 AM

to support the roid theory, there's the need for the tough strong guy stance, and if you can get it from an ampule, nobody will dare to call you on it to your face anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2013 8:36 AM

Wow minus & sab. They're both dead now, right? Or in jail?

Anyways D not to contradict you but I got into Sunday matinees at CBs at age 14 & 15 when the guy from Prong was working the door. And I wasn't the only one - lots of people in my crowd got in under 16 so...

This makes me think you may be full of shit about everything else you type here since you stated complete bullshit ("CBGB were EXPERTS in detecting fake IDs") with complete confidence.

Wow minus and sab, eh? I used to hang out... around them. I mean I'd say hello and make sure they knew I was a 'friendly' at shows but thought of both as violent sociopaths.

You know you were supposed to move on from this bullshit when you went to college, right?

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2013 1:42 PM

ummm. long time Jets fan here.

here's the deal: Jets defense pitched a friggin' second half shut out. You don't limit a Superbowl winning QB to minimal third down conversions by mere luck.

Jets played mistake-free second half. As for that penalty; it's on the books and was implemented this year. Competition committee made certain EACH team knew the rule prior to the season starting. Refs simply enforced a rule already in place. Jets defense played lights out. Geno Smith limited his mistakes and was more accurate.

There's no style points for winning but based on the above facts Jets won. Point spreads don't count on the standings and to players n' coaches. A win is a win and Jets won a hard fought game.

Yes, rockers can like football too. :)

Now back to the holier than thou pathetic hardcore thread.

Posted by Jeff | October 22, 2013 1:49 PM

One thing's for sure. Jets fan = gay.

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2013 2:01 PM

Murphy's law is great and should be recognized for there many years and contribution to hardcore, fuck all you haters! Grim Jim!

Posted by James | November 11, 2013 7:43 PM

1:42pm Um, under 16s did not get in in 1990 when this phony claims to me he went to hardcore. BTW CBGB didn't have a single full hardcore show in 1991 and had only five maybe six hardcore shows in '90 July 8 on. No way they let in under 16s 1992-93.

Tommy Victor wasn't working the door then and he wasn't the doorman, he was the soundman, so you got your people mixed up. He might've been a stand-in doorman and even if he was a full-time doorman no way was he in charge of checking for IDs, Connie was and she made it a point to go out of her way to see if people were really 16.

7:43pm Murphy's Law is great? Really? They haven't put out a record of new music in A DOZEN YEARS, the last year of the second Giuliani term, that record sucked ass like the two records they put out before it, and Back With A Bong was a pale imitation of the first record which was a novelty and outdated. Really listen to BWAB and hear a band who's act was tired.

Posted by D | November 11, 2013 8:19 PM

BTW Sob is dead and Minus should be in jail - so should Lord Ezec.

Posted by D | November 11, 2013 9:11 PM

BTW Sob is dead and Minus should be in jail - so should Lord Ezec.

Posted by making money online | December 22, 2013 6:09 AM

I hope turning point do a reunion show next

But they probably can't because the singer is a dead from smoking crack

Posted by Bart | January 2, 2014 9:07 PM

I thinks it's cool how porcell wears big boy clothes now that he's in his 40s

Looks like he's finally ditched the clam diggers and sleeveless muscle t shirts

Posted by Bart | January 2, 2014 9:12 PM

Yo D can you share any of the crazy shit you saw w/ minus and sob back in the day?

Posted by HS | January 17, 2014 7:17 PM

Back in the day EzEc would go to shows just to beat me up because I was so gay

He beat me do bad one time I was in the hospital for 7 days and all I had was my Walkman and crown of thornz tape

I listened to it all day . The SOB found out I was in the hospital and came to my room and tried to another me with a pillow and said I would pay the price for talking shit on ezec and that I would be better off dead

The nurses came in and found sob trying to kill me so they pulled out their ninja swords and started swinging them which forced sob to flee the room

Later on he went to get lord ezec and Toby from h20
And said " yo there us ninja nurses protectin dat fool and we need to kill dat bitch for moshing to hard and bumpin our boy minus to

So dat night da DMS crew went to da hospital and killed dem nurses but sonehowe D escaped ...,

To be continued