Posted in music | tour dates on October 8, 2013

The Breeders at The Bell House in April (more by PSquared Photography)
Breeders

The Pixies are currently operating without Kim Deal (they just announced a tour), but Kim's keeping busy too. She's been touring with her other band The Breeders, celebrating the 20th anniversary of Last Splash all year. They already played NYC twice, and they just announced that they'll return before the year ends to play Webster Hall on December 19 and 20. Tickets for those shows go on sale Friday (10/11) at noon.

Updated dates are listed, along with a recent live video, below...

The Breeders - "Cannonball" in Boston, May 2013

The Breeders -- 2013 Tour Dates
October 9 Miami - GRAND CENTRAL Florida
October 11 Zapaopan - TEATRO ESTUDIO CAVARET Jalisco, Mexico
October 13 Mexico City - CORONA CAPITAL FESTIVAL Mexico
October 26 Melbourne - ALL TOMORROW'S PARTIES Release the Bats Australia
October 28 Sydney - ENMORE THEATRE Australia
October 29 Brisbane - TIVOLI THEATRE Australia
October 31 Perth - ASTOR THEATRE Australia
December 19 New York, NY - Webster Hall
December 20 New York, NY - Webster Hall

They looked really bored last time they were here.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 2:43 PM

Cannonball: The most monotonous song of the early '90s and perfect for an investment commercial.

One-hit wonder.

Posted by D | October 8, 2013 2:54 PM

ShittyCunt McGuire and her merry band of busted fucking chicks with sloppy jugs that scrape the ground. Hooray!

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 3:33 PM

Fuck yes!

the shows on this tour have been incredible. Sign me up for both nights!

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 3:42 PM

They are also playing The Metro in Chicago on 12/14. Tickets go on sale Friday at noon. -taken from Metro's Twitter account.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 3:53 PM

Are they one-hit wonders? Maybe, but either way, it's baffling that Deal left the Pixies to rejoin this forgotten band.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 3:59 PM

Forgotten? Breeders > Pixies

Sorry bout it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 4:11 PM

kim deal needs to lay off the cronuts

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 4:39 PM

Gonna be bigger than Frank soon

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 5:08 PM

4:11-

Your an idiot- seriously, I mean that

that is all

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 5:31 PM

5:31?

That's a funny thing for someone who doesn't understand the difference between "your" and "you're" to say.

Anyway, I certainly feel better now that the quasi-literate Bagboy crowd has chimed in.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 6:06 PM

2:51 used to listen to Biohazard all through highschool.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 7:08 PM

At least Pixies are making new music. Not like Frank Black has been a critic darling after the first few Pixies albums anyway. Maybe new Breeders songs could make their tour more interesting tho.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 7:46 PM

Breeders' show at Bell House last spring fucking ruled. Happy to see them still at it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 10:16 PM

i like no aloha

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 10:54 PM

I hate Webster Hall. I ordered a Jake and Coke at the balcony section at the Bill Callahan show. Instead of using Jack Daniel's she used Evan Williams. It's annoying. They treat customers like cattle.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2013 11:19 PM

^ I hear you brother. That's like ordering Sabra and getting Tribe.

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 12:56 AM

7:08pm wasn't reading my post with his/her reading glasses on because I posted at 2:54pm not 2:51pm.

I didn't listen to Biohazard all throughout highschool - fuck Biohazard who were/are/always will be fake NYHC - but nice try.

Posted by D | October 9, 2013 4:17 AM

And I bet they charged you $12 for that Evan and Coke.

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 9:31 AM

Lots of mean-spirited people commenting here.

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 11:10 AM

^ The cronuts comment was mean-spirited but my comment about Cannonball wasn't. The intro is stupid (out of tune warbling guitar and skippy bass) and the kick in is wannabe Nirvana.

Posted by D | October 9, 2013 12:14 PM

D. Your comments weren't the mean-spirited ones. Your comments were the dumb ones.

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 12:35 PM

4;17 was actually into AFI and Alkeline Trio until he found out the kids he jocked were into SOIA. Then, he got into NYHC.

I know a poser when I hear it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 12:49 PM

12:35pm Truth hurts huh bitch? Cannonball is the song I mute when running across 120 Minutes on VH1 Classic. Boring ass song.

12:49pm is a dumb fuck who spelled Akaline wrong.

Yeah, you've blown up my spot, I'm a AFI-Akaline Trio fan posing as a NYHC fan right. You dumbass. The fact that you bring AFI and Akaline Trio into this shows it's YOU who jock those bands and wish you were part of the NYHC scene.

Posted by D | October 9, 2013 1:07 PM

I generally skip videos by Alphaville, Boomtown Rats, and The Alarm (though 'the stand' has started to grow on me, I think) when I watch 120 on VH1 Classic. I like seeing the Art of Noise video, reminds me of Mad Max and Young Einstein.

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 1:50 PM

Boomtown Rats was AWFUL and The Alarm was a wannabe U2.

Posted by D | October 9, 2013 3:01 PM

Roseanne Barr joined the Breeders?

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 3:17 PM

Are Boomtown Rats the ones who did 'I hate Mondays'? Because I hate that song, and the video. I also skip XTC's 'Dear God'. I get annoyed when they do an old song by somebody who still makes music (like Alice in Chains) and then do a new video right after it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 3:35 PM

D, what are your thoughts on New Found Glory, you fucking poser?

Posted by Max Horwich | October 9, 2013 3:48 PM

why?

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 4:24 PM

It would be awesome if they opened up for Pixies and blew them off the stage.
Seriosly, I could give a squirt of piss.

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 4:24 PM

If it weren't for Deal's pedigree, Breeders would have been extremely lucky to even be a one-hit wonder. As it was they were a one-and-a-half hit wonder. Waste of v23 artwork. Are the same people who keeps paying to see death-warmed over Pixies going to go to this snoozefest?

Posted by xTAINTx | October 9, 2013 4:36 PM

What's the half hit? I enjoy the first two albums, the safari ep, title tk was ok, mountain battles was pretty forgettable

Posted by Anonymous | October 9, 2013 6:24 PM

I hope Vampire Weekend and Drake both die soon

Posted by http://www.esuncctv.net/ | October 10, 2013 4:48 AM

Half hit was that 'divine hammer' song, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Posted by xTAINTx | October 10, 2013 10:24 AM

Oh ok, yeah Divine Hammer is the Breeders, didn't know it was a minor hit for them

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 1:01 PM

Like clockwork, the dregs of humanity chime in in the Brooklyn Vegan comments section. Hateful, hideous losers, all of you. Scum of the fucking earth. Why would you even take the time to read a news item about a "forgotten" band from the 90s that you've always hated, let alone COMMENT on it? Get a life.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 5:02 PM

...says a fool who follows the fools (if all of us are that) making him the biggest fool of them all.

How 'bout YOU get a life and ignore what's been posted on here?

Kim Deal ain't gonna fuck you, bro or sis.

Posted by D | October 10, 2013 5:22 PM

D, I have a life. A small part of it includes reading items about bands I like and occasionally wanting to have a conversation with other people who are interested in them.

Know how many bands I think suck/just don't give a shit about? Most of them. Know how many of those I spend time trashing on the web? None of them.

The two behaviors are different. When I start "following" you fools in your game, then you can tell me to get a life. Either way, you're still just another fucking loser on your computer, tossing another pointless "meh" into the cesspool of negativity that is the internet. YOU get a fuckin' life.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 12:18 AM

gotta disagree w/ D here. Kim Deal is looking hella rough. She most likely would fuck 5:02. Beggars can't be choosers.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 12:26 AM

Vertical Horizon was bigger and better throughout the entirety of the `1990's, and they just released a brand new album full of smash hits tow days ago. If you have nostalgia for early 90's NYHC and alternative indy rock, then this will take you right back to those funky times.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 2:43 AM