Posted in music | pictures on October 10, 2013

photos by Lukas Hodge, review by Brad Sanders

Touche Amore / United Nations @ 285 Kent - 10/9/13
Touche Amore, United Nations, The Saddest Landscape

Geoff Rickly took a break during United Nations' ripping set at 285 Kent last night (10/9) to dedicate a song to Touché Amoré, the band they were opening for. He said it's amazing and inspiring that in 2013 a hardcore band plays with as much heart as they do, and he's right. Watching the sea of people fight their way to the front of the oversold scrum just to scream a single lyric within earshot of TA frontman Jeremy Bolm was a life-affirming experience in itself, to say nothing of how life-affirming it was for everyone in the crowd to be seeing this band in the flesh.

Touché Amoré doesn't traffic in trends. Despite being lumped in with a "New Wave of Emo" that's reared its head this year on the blogosphere, the Los Angeles five-piece is purely itself, not just some bullet-point on a list. Their brand of hardcore is simultaneously shimmering and abrasive, and Bolm's self-obsessed, wounded lyrics and vocals help set them apart from the bands they're ostensibly sharing a movement with. They are emo in the sense that they emote, but they have a lot more in common with Converge or Moss Icon than, say, The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die. (Not throwing shade; TWIABP is a very good band as well.)

Their gorgeous cacophony comes off live exactly how you'd expect. At 285 Kent, they played basically every fan favorite, which is to say, they played basically every song they've ever written. The energy level in the crowd barely wavered from set opener "Just Exist" from this year's Is Survived By to closer "Honest Sleep" and unplanned encore song "Face Ghost." Bolm's vocals were mixed high - the only way to mix a Touché Amoré show - but he was matched in volume and intensity by a chorus of fans on nearly every line. Of course, the vocals wouldn't be nearly as effective if they weren't anchored by the incredible guitar tones of Clayton Stevens and Nick Steinhardt, sturdy bass lines from Tyler Kirby and some surprisingly off-kilter drum work by the tireless Elliot Babin. Despite Bolm being the center of attention, it's impossible to forget that you're watching a band up there.

Still, lyrics won the day, and I imagine most people in attendance will remember the show for how loudly the crowd was able to sing along. It was a little strange to see the words that Bolm wrote proudly, selfishly for and about himself being screamed by hundreds of people who felt they were written for them. It's amazing that 285 Kent wasn't sucked into a vortex of self, but somehow, amid all the shouted, narcissistic neuroses, a sense of community was forged. That's the gift Touché Amoré gives: laying bare their insecurities so we can indulge our egos. Hardcore is weird, but man, hardcore is awesome.

The show, which we at BrooklynVegan presented, was a headlining stop for Touché in the midst of their tour with AFI which hits NYC tonight (10/10) for a sold-out show at Webster Hall. Like we said above, last night's show was opened by Geoff Rickly's band United Nations, in addition to Topshelf-signed screamo band The Saddest Landscape. Pictures of all three bands are int his post.

Speaking of Geoff Rickly, he just teamed up with a few members of Made Out of Babies to form the new band, Strangelight (also featuring members of Goes Cube and Red Sparowes), who released their debut EP, 9 Days, this week via Sacrament Music. You can stream the EP in full (via Noisey) along with more pictures from the 285 Kent show, below.

The Saddest Landscape

United Nations

Touche Amore

Touche Amore, United Nations, The Saddest Landscape

Setlists (and some short vine clips) from Touche Amore and United Nations are here:

One hell of a show.

Posted by Anthony | October 10, 2013 2:55 PM

Is anyone who likes this band over the age of 17? High school melodrama music.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 2:58 PM

Talk about burying the lede:
"The show, which we at BrooklynVegan presented" ... 6 paragraphs in.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:02 PM

@2:58

37 here and going to see them for the 11th time on saturday.

Sorry you don't get it.

signed,
23 year long vet of hardcore

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:09 PM

3:09- That's really embarrassing. Time to grow up.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:11 PM

258pm I just turned 30 and I loved every minute of the show!

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:11 PM

Im 52 and I was moshing with these young kids. Im sorry to say that I have seen black flag in the hayday and these bands today suck. I went to let some agression out after loosing my job and I wasnt impressed with the moshing techniqes of todays kids. I will say I had a nice cold beer though

Posted by rob van damn | October 10, 2013 3:28 PM

T.A. singer looks like he has half down's syndrome.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:29 PM

The Saddest Landscape could change name to "shortest landscape" - they barely played 15 minutes.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:29 PM

why does bolm sound like elmo between songs?

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:32 PM

control f "douche amore"; not found?

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:32 PM

"3:09- That's really embarrassing. Time to grow up"

sorry that I own my own house, married, have a job and my life is pretty much on track but the fact that I still love good music makes me kid. go figure.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:50 PM

Do these lads fall under the headline, "Fresh Sausage"?

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:52 PM

Who plays in un now

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 3:58 PM

First of all I was at this show, and not that it matters, but it was an older crowd. Secondly, even if it wasn't, where the fuck does anyone get off calling out a band or their fans because of age? What the fuck age fans do you think Black Flag had when they came out?

If you're complaining that a band with audience members who are teenagers is a bad thing, go back to listening to adult contemporary.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 4:16 PM

::flips on some adult contemporary::

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 5:02 PM

3:09pm You did not get into hardcore in 1990.

No one who got into hardcore in 1990 goes to see Touche Amore eleven times let alone goes to see TA period.

'Love all these idiots under 40 like you who feel the need to lie about when they got into hardcore so people think they got into it when it was last good (1990-91) or before that.

Posted by D | October 10, 2013 5:11 PM

^ Btw if you wanna run some BS about how you've seen them in Cali hence the 11X wtf are you doing commenting in a NYC/metro-based music blog?

Just admit you got into hardcore in 1993-95 like all you under 40ers pretending that you were around in the late '80s/early '90s did.

Posted by D | October 10, 2013 5:15 PM

"Btw eleven times when a quick check of their Wiki says they formed in 2007? So they played NYC/metro 11 times since then? I think not."

Well for 1, people do have the ability to see bands in other places besides NYC. And secondly, they have actually played the NYC-area around that many times.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 5:17 PM

Bullshit they have played the area that many times, like bullshit to you getting into hardcore in 1990. Try 1993/94/95, if you even are 37.

Posted by D | October 10, 2013 5:26 PM

This review is very deep and intellectual. At times it looks like it will get sucked into a vortex of self, but somehow, amid all the shouted, narcissistic neuroses, it sounds like a 12-year-old's diary entry.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 5:35 PM

D, do you really find it out of the realm of possibility that a hardcore band would play the tri-state area 11 times in 6 years? Come on, dude. Some of these bands tour like crazy. TA tour pretty extensively.

With that said, band is embarrassing. On the level of La Dispute.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 5:35 PM

^ 11 times in this area when they started playing here in 2009/10 and are based in LA? Not buying it.

List ALL the shows they've played in NYC/metro since their formation in 2007 - prove me wrong.

I think the fake 1990 hardcore kid saw them 6-7X in Cali and other places and 4-5X in this area for 11 shows total.

Posted by D | October 10, 2013 5:41 PM

D, what's up your ass? Why couldn't s/he have gotten into hardcore when s/he said? If s/he's 37, s/he was born if '75 or '76. So in 1990, that poster was 14 or 15, which is pretty prime age for hardcore discovery.

Posted by Eggs1234 | October 10, 2013 5:41 PM

Time to grow up, bros..

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 5:53 PM

Yo Eggs

Nothing up my ass bro/sis, just tired of people under 40 pretending to be late '80s/early '90s hardcore kids because THEY MISSED THE '80S AND 1990-91.

This guy's current age, the age he got into hardcore, and him being a Touche Amore Superfan is incongruous i.e. it doesn't add up.

If you got into hardcore in 1990 at age 14 you heard and saw so many good to great bands 1990-95 alone (mostly bands who formed through '92) no way you could be seen 'em 11X stoked over a piece of shit band like TA, sorry, not buying it.

Posted by D | October 10, 2013 5:58 PM

But the opinion that the band is "a piece of shit" is subjective, not objective. Perhaps he did get into hardcore in 1990 and also thinks Touche Amore is quite good.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 6:30 PM

Sorry I lied, it has only been 9 shows so far and the 10th will be on Saturday.

Touche Amore shows that I have attended:

May 2, 2010 w Converge (NYC)
June 20, 2010 w Strike Anywhere (NYC)
September 26, 2010 w Envy
May 19, 2011 w Title Fight (PA)
June 24, 2011 w Title Fight (NYC)
December 3, 2011 w Pianos Become the Teeth (PA)
April 20, 2012 w Defeater (NJ)
September 14, 2012 w Circa Survive (NYC)
October 2, 2012 w Circa Survive (Austin)

SO GO FUCK YOURSELF D!!! You really can be 37 and have been going to shows since the summer before your freshman year of high school. It was pretty awesome growing up in NJ with older cousins that knew about good music.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 6:37 PM

Them not being a piece of shit is subjective.

Again, it doesn't add up.

Btw TA isn't a hardcore band like AFI isn't one, I don't give a fuck that "they were hardcore kids" - so were Fall Out Boy.

Posted by D | October 10, 2013 6:40 PM

D. Heres some sound advice. just let it go...
You are a grown man getting mad that people like a band that you have no affinity for. I tell you what im NOT spending my day doing...I am absolutely NOT looking up show reviews for bands I dislike so that I can spend multiple hours out of my life arguing with someone who likes them. Why bother? Go listen to what you consider to be the only real HXC ever and maintain that it existed solely in a time frame that you decree to be the only one that counts.
You must see how totally stupid you look right?
What crazy high horse platform are you speaking down from?
You know whats great? Music. Fucking deal with the fact that there are bands you wont love, and try not to let the fact that other people like it, consume you. Id love a link to some of your work, whatever that may be so i can give you my opinion on what you pour your heart and soul into.
Ill be waiting...

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 6:53 PM

why is everyone that comments on this site so angry?

also, i think TA is great and if you don't agree with me you can go and live a happy life knowing that eveyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Posted by non | October 10, 2013 6:53 PM

First off I just want to get started that my first "punk/hardcore" show was in the summer of 1990 at City Gardens for Bad Religion and the Dead Milkmen."

Your 14-year old ass didn't go see two early '80s hardcore punk bands who weren't on major labels or MTV on a Friday night in downtown Trenton, NJ.

"Sorry I lied, it has only been 9 shows so far and the 10th will be on Saturday."

One of many lies.

"Touche Amore shows that I have attended:
May 2, 2010 w Converge (NYC)
June 20, 2010 w Strike Anywhere (NYC)
September 26, 2010 w Envy
May 19, 2011 w Title Fight (PA)
June 24, 2011 w Title Fight (NYC)
December 3, 2011 w Pianos Become the Teeth (PA)
April 20, 2012 w Defeater (NJ)
September 14, 2012 w Circa Survive (NYC)
October 2, 2012 w Circa Survive (Austin)
October 12. 2013 w AFI (which I will be leaving after TA to go to the Lanes for Tim Barry)"

Like I said: a TA superfan. Hook, line, and sinker.

"SO GO FUCK YOURSELF D!!! You really can be 37 and have been going to shows since the summer before your freshman year of high school."

A fresh out of junior highschool kid - nice try, no cigar.

"It was pretty awesome growing up in NJ with older cousins that knew about good music."

Yeah too bad despite that you missed through '92 and started going to shows 93/94/95.

Posted by D | October 10, 2013 7:38 PM

man D's cargo shorts are really in a bunch today.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 8:13 PM

Why is everyone so short at these hardcore shows? The metal crowd is way taller. True story.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 8:20 PM

This thread is INTENSE. It's almost as intense as Miley Cyrus vs. Sinead O'Connor. I guess that makes D to be Sinead since she's into older stuff too.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 8:26 PM

8:20, because shit like this is for betas, but there's always some seven foot tall kid who's looking out for somebody to stand in front of
must be nice to finally get your revenge on a normal size person

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2013 10:40 PM

i personally know at least 5 dudes who all started going to hardcore shows before they were 15. accept the fact that people can do such crazy things at an early age in big cities.

fuck-face

Posted by fuck-face | October 10, 2013 11:29 PM

One of many lies.
"Touche Amore shows that I have attended:
May 2, 2010 w Converge (NYC)
June 20, 2010 w Strike Anywhere (NYC)
September 26, 2010 w Envy
May 19, 2011 w Title Fight (PA)
June 24, 2011 w Title Fight (NYC)
December 3, 2011 w Pianos Become the Teeth (PA)
April 20, 2012 w Defeater (NJ)
September 14, 2012 w Circa Survive (NYC)
October 2, 2012 w Circa Survive (Austin)
Like I said: a TA superfan. Hook, line, and sinker.

Posted by http://www.esuncctv.net/ | October 11, 2013 5:20 AM

The guy just proved D wrong. How is his post a lie? All of those shows except one are in the tri-state area. What a stupid thing to get worked up about. Doesn't matter that TA are from California, D. As if Cali bands don't play NY all the time. Dumbass. Terror alone must come through NYC 4-5 times a year.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 7:16 AM

Oh and D

In 91 and 92 I was cutting my teeth in a small filthy basement at 156 Rivington listening to some real nyhc while you were still wiping the cum off your face from all the shitty rev bands that still thought their 80s sound mattered.

And good morning BV

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 8:49 AM

Damn, D got served

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 9:26 AM

Jesus, D. I've never even heard this band, but they seem to be listed in BV about every other week. I'd have thought they were from New York from all this shit. Time for you to move to a new thread.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 9:30 AM

I normally love D and his amusing rants, but I have to admit here that he got owned sooooo hard. Geez D, you got played son.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 9:31 AM

angst

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 10:55 AM

He didn't prove me wrong. He Googled for a random City Gardens show and made that his first show. He lied about how many times he's seen TA. Terror doesn't come through NYC/area 4-5 times a year, dumbass, they play the city once a year most years and LI once a year.

'Love all the posts by the same guy saying I got served when I didn't.

"Oh and D
And good morning BV"

Real NYHC @ ABC No Rio 1991-92 LOL. You lying, clueless sack of shit. You just showed the world you're a fake with your "shitty rev bands" comment cuz check this dickhead:

- Burn and Supertouch were Rev bands (Burn 7" and Supertouch LP) who were very much alive 1991-92 and not "shitty".

- Side By Side broke up in '88, Bold and Youth Of Today in '89, Judge in '90, Gorilla Biscuits in early '92.

All seven aforementioned bands were '80s Rev bands (Burn formed in '89) and you just called them "shitty" making you an idiot.

Now YOU got served and btw ABC went to shit after '90.

Posted by D | October 11, 2013 1:24 PM

Pretentious D

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 1:28 PM

Btw fake early '90s kid, name me the "real NYHC" that played ABC No Rio 1991-92 besides Breakdown (who played only one show there) and maybe Citizens Arrest (who broke up in March '91) - I need a laugh.

ABC was not considered a "NYHC" venue despite being a NYC venue so you just showed the whole world you're a fakeass herb with no clue about what went down in/around NYC 1990-92.

Saying you saw "real NYHC" at ABC 1991-92 is like saying you saw "real punk" at L'Amour or The Ritz 1991-92. No such thing.

Posted by D | October 11, 2013 1:31 PM

Touche Amore

Fast Part > Emotional singalong part > Emotional clean guitar riff > fast part again

Rinse & repeat, ad nauseum.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 1:39 PM

You got to love how D potions his opinions as absolute facts. But the man pays $1200 a month to live in a storage shed in Astoria. He is clearly one step ahead of the game.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 1:40 PM

You got to love how some Touche Amore superfan moron claims he got into hardcore in 1990, calls Burn a shitty Rev band, says "real NYHC" existed at ABC No Rio 1991-92, posts as others to pile on me (like it's been done so many times by others), and thinks it's fact when it isn't, or he wouldn't have got his panties in a bunch over me calling bullshit on when he came around ("GO FUCK YOURSELF D!!!")

'Still waiting on who those "real NYHC" bands who tore shit up NYHC style yo at ABC were.

Posted by D | October 11, 2013 2:02 PM

You too old for this shit D.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 2:25 PM

Suddenly the fronter is silent.

You're not 37, you didn't get into hardcore in 1990, 2000, or 2010, and Touche Amore sucks ass.

Posted by D | October 11, 2013 2:35 PM

That is right, Abc bands weren't your typical NYHC band full of similar breakdowns and songs that were so repetitive it got sickening after a while.

My NYHC and NJHC were Huasipungo, Citizens Arrest, Rorschach, Nausea, Animal Crackers, GO!, Yuppicide, Born Against, Hell No, Scapegarce, Bad Trip, Bezerkers etc... Got plenty more if you need them.

Hey D did you know that Mark Ryan is a cowboy and the only good output by Burn was their first 7" which wasn't even supposed to be on revelation originally.

You can keep your bullshit cbgb sausagefest toughguy core and stick up your tracksuit wearing ass. Don't forget to put on your krishna beads and hoodie for the Judge show tonight while you glory hole cock rockers get real tough while being reminded that the music still sucks 20+ years later.

Youth Crew Douchebags 4EVER!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 4:22 PM

Oh and have a great weekend BV

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 4:51 PM

Yo dickbag who posted this entry let me post.

Posted by D | October 11, 2013 5:24 PM

I got the reply that's gonna destroy this guy saved so it's gonna come up, you fucking herb.

Posted by D | October 11, 2013 5:25 PM

Touche Amore superfan just dissed Burn. He never heard "The Great Sea". Fuck that "7" wasn't suppposed to come out on Rev noise". It came out on Rev and you dissed it by saying "80s rev" blah blah blah cuz guess what? Burn formed in '89 thus was an '80s Rev band.

Nausea appeared on Revelation Records's "The Way It Is" compilation. One of their singers Amy had a daughter with Roger Miret of Agnostic Front. Bad Trip existed for years before ABC had shows and were tight with Rev bsnds/people in 'em (GB etc.) Bezerkers and Scapegrace were LIHC, Rorschach NJHC, Go!/Animal Crackers/Huasipungo ABC clique dogshit. Citizens Arrest were done by early 91 so not part of ABC 1991-92. Born Against wasn't NYHC, neither was Yuppicide.

I'm not Krishna, fuck Judge 2013, and you're a homophobe Mike Bullshit and Go! would not be proud of. Your band wouldn't play ABC if your words were lyrics.

Posted by D | October 11, 2013 5:31 PM

Blog owner you are one bitchass mothefucker to screen my shit.

No CBGB no ABC No Rio.

Born Against played CBGB with Judge and didn't say shit to them before/during/after it.

Posted by D | October 11, 2013 5:41 PM

^ what a dipshit. this guy acts as if HE was in these bands.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2013 10:33 PM

Crackers/Huasipungo ABC clique dogshit. Citizens touch were done already so no part saying "80s rev" blah blah blah cuz guess what? Burn ass Scapegrace with Animal Crackers, a daughter with fuck Judge 2013, bitchass mothefucker (beads and dogshit proud). Have got his panties, show the world you're a fake with your Breakdown ABC's. Glory hole cock rockers get real singers. Wearing ass tonight w Title Fight (PA). Hardcore in dickbag. Burn and Supertouch his first show, the same guy. Homophobe cum are lyrics off your face. Born Against Hell No Scapegrace, Bad Trip and hook a big part of Amy. Revelation. Revelation. Revelation. Nausea. Don't forget to put on your 14-year old ass. Lie about Nausea. A piece of shit is still Garden Religion. Still tight with fuck age fans. I personally know five dudes.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2013 2:06 AM

^ all time winner.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2013 8:12 AM

I know for a fact that Born Against said at least a few words - polite ones at that - to Judge.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2013 8:49 AM

and Good morning BV! gonna be a good day.

St Vitus Matinee > Starland > Asbury Lanes

and oh yeah, D can suck it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2013 10:29 AM

Nah you can suck it you little fakeass herb.

"D can suck it" all you can come up with?

Posted by D | October 12, 2013 10:57 AM

Btw you are one sad motherfucker to be a superfan of a shitty band like Touche Amore in your mid-late 30s.

Get laid.

Posted by D | October 12, 2013 11:04 AM

One last thing before I head out for the day. Most of my cousins will be at the Adrenalin O.D. reunion tonight at the Stanhope House if you need to ask them how far back my roots go.

I will sell you my copy of the Burn S/T on pink vinyl for the right price.

ps. Born Against was the best NYHC outfit that has or will ever exist.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2013 11:06 AM

Hey fucko I bought the Burn 7" when it came out. 'Got it on cassette and cd, too. You slag Burn yet have their 7"? Am I supposed to be impressed that you bought the record on Ebay or more likely Record Store Day you nerd?

You mean your imaginary cousins are gonna see shitass 2013 Adrenalin O.D. tonight. "Older cousins" is the common retort when someone is called out for not being around as long as he says he's been.

Born Against was total, utter shit known more for their big, hypocritical mouths than their music.

Posted by D | October 12, 2013 11:49 AM

Btw don't write a check you can't cash.

You had cousins who got you into hardcore, is that it?

The kid of one aunt and the kid of another or two siblings just happened to get into the same music, sure.

I could see one cousin but two or more since you said "cousinS"? You idiot.

Posted by D | October 12, 2013 11:57 AM

The Nye Mets are my favorite squadron.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2013 11:59 AM

^ 2000 and enjoy 2014 without Matt Harvey bitch.

Your team sucks so bad it lost eleven more games than the worst Yankee team since 1992 LOL.

Posted by D | October 12, 2013 12:17 PM

Nye Mets? You mean "NY Mets" you drunk turd.

Posted by D | October 12, 2013 2:56 PM

"The Nye Mets are my favorite squadron."

Thank you, come again.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2013 7:05 PM

^ Huh? Another bitch I've crumpled and thrown in the wastebasket for two points.

Touche Amore = Douche Amore

Posted by D | October 13, 2013 12:16 AM

The spiel @ 2:06 sums the pointlessness and horror of this argument up quite nicely.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2013 12:49 AM

D's stolen cable in the woodshed apparently doesn't carry Fox.

Posted by Apu | October 13, 2013 8:45 AM

and.... good morning BV

three show run was fun as hell yesterday and D is still a dickbag. in his honor, I will be spinning Supertouch's - What did we learn 7" while getting ready to go mountain biking.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2013 10:57 AM

^ Look everyone, the herb who is DESPERATELY trying to show everyone how hardcore scene he is by going to three shows. You want a medal?
Mountain biking, yeah sure. Windbag.

He's mocking Burn and Supertouch.

Congratulations on showing the world what a total assmunch you are.

How sad that you keep coming back with weak comebacks completely ignoring my requests which are list "real NYHC" bands who played ABC 1991-92. But you went to a Bad Religion show at City Gardens and have "older cousins" who were into hardcore, so that's good enough. Google does wonders. Why are you so bent out of shape about missing hardcore through 1992?

Posted by D | October 13, 2013 1:40 PM

D has never touched the breast of a live woman.

Thank you, come again.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2013 3:18 PM

^ Dude who concerns himself with other dudes' sex lives = virgin or sexual incompetent.

Thank you, come again.

Posted by D | October 13, 2013 8:22 PM

^ Dude who concerns himself with other dudes' show going history & nyhc from decades ago = virgin or sexual incompetent.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 2:47 AM

Write a book about it you elitist fuck. Maybe then you will actually be as important and you make yourself out to be now.

Until then, I will see you at REV50. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 9:05 AM

^ Not concerned with your show going history, just calling you out for the fakeass you are, and you're still a virgin after all these years.

13 & 14 year olds fresh out of junior highschool don't go see a pair of hardcore punk bands who formed in the early '80s (Bad Religion and The Dead Milkmen) at a club in downtown Trenton, NJ on a Friday night. 13-15 year olds also don't go see 1991-92 shows at ABC No Rio on the Lower East Side when they live all the way in PA or NJ and don't drive.

You are one to talk about dudes who concern themselves with NYHC from decades ago when you ran off a litany of NYC/area bands and ran his mouth about '80s Rev bands, toughguy sausagefest bands etc. you fuckin' herb.

Posted by D | October 14, 2013 9:10 AM

I actually saw Bad Religion at City Gardens 3 times if you want to know the facts. The next year with the Vandals and a couple years after that with the lunachicks. I also was lucky enough to see fugazi, the ramones, gwar, nofx, the offspring, green day, pennywise, jawbox and the descendents and at least a dozen others. Hell I think I even saw SOIA there once. That was what was great about having "cousins" = two brothers that were older then me and were into punk rock. We had great radio station WNTI that had punk rock shows on thursday nights and between the people I met at the various record stores around north jersey and mrr it was pretty simple to find out about gigs and new music.

D, sorry we will never have a winner in this conversation and I hope you enjoy your life and musical experiences as much as I do.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 9:34 AM

"D is still holding on to the one last thing that still holds true in his life and that is and will forever be the worst genre of punk that the world has ever seen."

Nope. Try you're a 37-year old Touche Amore superfan who went to not one show or two shows but THREE shows on the same day because he has nothing to hold onto in his life other than hardcore (especially Touche Amore) after all these years. He's deeply ass-sore that he missed the last real time for hardcore (up to 1993) so he Googles City Gardens shows and picks one to be his first hardcore punk show then lies about going to ABC No Rio. He does all this at age 13-15 with no car. Wait - he has "older cousins" into hardcore so that's his little out. The fact that you defended yourself is hilarious - it shows you are a fucking phony.

"NYHC the style, the genre, the fans is the biggest sack of bullshit that has ever plaqued punk."

No it's not, you are the biggest sack of bullshit that has plagued (plaqued?) hardcore punk (not punk.) Here you are saying you saw Bad Trip and Citizens Arrest, both NYHC bands, both proudly played CBGB the venue you slag. Without NYHC and CBGB ABC No Rio and the bands you listed as ones you saw don't exist and City Gardens barely has hardcore punk shows after 1985.

"I posted my list of bands earlier and yes some of them are from Long Island and I don't really give a shit."

That's right, you listed "real NYHC" bands then listed LIHC bands Bezerkers and Scapegrace, I corrected your dumbass, and now you finally admit you don't have a fucking clue about what "real" anything is. You give a shit or you wouldn't be coming back for more and getting your ass handed to you every time.

"You can have your "real" NYHC because while you were listening to that bullshit I was happily changing my palate going to see bands like econochrist, citizen fish, spitboy, heroin, native nod, indian summer, avail, car vs. driver, current, los crudos, etc..."

I got news for you buddy boy: I saw and bought records by five of those bands myself then sold the records after I realized they didn't stand the test of time like the Supertouch and Burn 7"s do. That's right, I saw bands other than NYHC bands, as much as you like to stereotype me as some "NYHC only" meathead.

"Your like a f@ckin caveman that will never evolve and because you put so much time and effort into just one thing you have failed."

...says the 37-year old Touche Amore superfan who even listed all the TA shows he went to LOL.

"Write a book about it you elitist fuck."

Says the guy who was one when frothing at the mouth about ABC No Rio was so much better than CBGB when ABC was, still is, and always will be a pile of shit.

"Maybe then you will actually be as important and you make yourself out to be now."

I am important. I get under the skin of dipshits like you and expose just how many idiots there are on BV comments.

"Until then, I will see you at REV50. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Rolls eyes. Get some new material.

Posted by D | October 14, 2013 9:34 AM

I will say I like that term "meathead". That sums it up quite nicely.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 9:41 AM

You will actually be as important you slag, have got his panties, I'll show the world you're a fake with your Breakdown ABC's. Glory hole cock rockers get real singers. Burn and Supertouch his first show, the same guy. Homophobe cum are lyrics off your face. Revelation. Revelation. Revelation. Nausea. Don't forget to put on your 14-year old ass. Lie about Nausea. A piece of shit is still Garden Religion. Still tight with fuck age fans. I saw and bought records by five of those bands myself. THREE shows and the biggest sack. Punk rock shows on thursday nights corrected your fucking caveman ass, obsessed with dickbag biking and important frothing. Descendent cousins fuck for indian summer behind the Burn ass Scapegrace with Animal Crackers, plus a daughter with fuck Judge 2013, under the skin with beads and dogshit. Lies about elitist christ. Have got his panties, show the world.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 12:07 PM

didn't figure D for a panties guy, but it makes sense.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 12:14 PM

Q: And children?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2013 10:47 PM

I found this band on my own, but figuring I am a huge fan of La Dispute I can see how people were sent here by them. But super happy I found them I have been looking for bands that remind me of La Dispute

Posted by Nah | October 22, 2014 5:17 AM