Posted in music | tour dates on October 25, 2013

Walter w/ Quicksand at Bowery Ballroom in 2012 (more by Fred Pessaro)
Walter

Walter Schreifels is man of many bands (Quicksand, Gorilla Biscuits, and Rival Schools, to name a few), and this December he'll be taking the solo route for a holiday acoustic tour with Saves the Day and Jon Simmons of Balance & Composure. That tour hits NYC on December 19 at Bowery Ballroom. Tickets for the NYC show go on sale Wednesday (10/30) at noon, and there are presale tickets on sale now for all dates.

All dates are listed, along with the tour flyer and a live video, below...

Walter Schreifels - "Distance" live

DEC 21 Ottobar Baltimore, MD
DEC 22 First Unitarian Church Philadelphia, PA

hippie!

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 10:49 AM

lol saves the day

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 10:54 AM

Walter needs a new pair of moccasins

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 11:04 AM

I thought from the title of this post it was a Walter show. But if he's just opening, I'll likely skip it. Sigh.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 11:14 AM

yeah wally!

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 11:23 AM

yuck.

Posted by xTAINTx | October 25, 2013 11:29 AM

I am not sure what is worse: Walter acoustic or Rival Schools.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 11:50 AM

Fuck this guy.

He does Gorilla Biscuits and Quicksand when he needs the money, Rival Schools and his solo crap when he feels "creative".

Posted by D | October 25, 2013 11:52 AM

I think he should keep doing exactly what he's been doing because most of it is great. keep up the good work, Walter!

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 12:11 PM

11:50, apparently your taste in music is the worst of all.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 12:25 PM

yes, walter should stop doing what he wants/enjoys, and do only the things that others want him to do - that seems right

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 12:30 PM

12:25pm Actually you have no taste in music to think Walter acoustic and Rival Schools is good music. If it was soooo good how come Walter still does Gorilla Biscuits and Quicksand and people support that ten times more? Cuz he needs to make up for the lack of money he makes with his acoustic and Rival Schools crap. He himself admits his acoustic crap and Rival Schools isn't good because he still does GB who existed 1987-92 and Quicksand who existed 1990-96, charges $5 or so for his acoustic shit, and barely tours for Rival Schools.

12:30pm Nah he shouldn't do what others including myself want him to do, he should do something new since him pretending to be hardcore (Gorilla Biscuits), in 1990-95 (Quicksand), Brit rock (Rival Schools), and a pseudo-folkie (his solo shit) is played out and embarrassing. Yeah, Walter really cares about the hardcore scene, sure. He's doing Quicksand cuz he really enjoys it and not for the $10G or more a night it brings in, sure. Too bad you don't get it.

Posted by D | October 25, 2013 12:55 PM

everybody must listen to D. he keeps it real and is sage of all.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 12:57 PM

so walter shouldn't "drop all that shit and do something new or get lost" - are you running around your mom's basement now, trying your catch your tail

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 2:34 PM

D, you know a lot about the "music industry." You seem to know things only a band guy would know. So tell us please, or at least give us a clue as to what band you are/were in. I really want to know.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 2:38 PM

2:34pm No but you sure are running around yer momma's crib. Walter should do something new as in stop doing GB, Quicksand, Rival Schools, and his acoustic crap, and do something new as in start a new band instead of milk one band he played in 1987-92 & 2006 (GB) and another he played in 1990-96 (Quicksand), a band worse than those two (Rival Schools), and shit worse than that (his acoustic crap.)

2:38pm I was never in a band and so what? Spare me the tired old "you can't talk about a band if you've never been in one" shit when I can say whatever the fuck I want to say about anything and anybody...like you can and like Walter can do whatever he wants. I think his shit is played out (GB and Q-sand) and wack (RS and acoustic), and he should drop it all for something new and better which he could do, you don't, so be it.

Posted by D | October 25, 2013 4:03 PM

I get it, you want walter to do something new, that's not really new musically, but really a new band that sounds like his old bands - so really you want him to do something old - am I right? or am I right?

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 4:14 PM

^ Wrong.

I want him to do a new band and stop doing his old shit i.e. stop doing his old bands.

I would expect whatever new band he does to sound like the bands he's sang for, if he sings for this new band - maybe he doesn't. That's not doing something "old".

You're awful at playing semantics but I'll humor you.

Posted by D | October 25, 2013 4:22 PM

just trying to make sure I know exactly what you are seeking, so when I see walter, I can let him know that his #1 superfan wants - and at this point, it seems like robots farting through sythesizers is the type of music you are looking for

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 4:35 PM

exactly!

Posted by D | October 25, 2013 4:45 PM

glad I could help

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 4:45 PM

I doubt you will let Walter know anything and I'm not his #1 superfan, but you are being so bent out of shape about me saying he should do something new so much you waited thirteen minutes to post as me then reply to that fake me at 4:45pm LOL you fuckin' no-life loser.

BTW Quicksand was overrated (best release was the ep, only good songs were the ep minus the trumpet song and maybe half of Slip), Rival Schools crap, his acoustic shit crappier. GB and the first Civ lp he ghostwrote were solid.

Posted by D | October 25, 2013 5:13 PM

D, if you think Quicksand was overrated, Rival Schools was crap, and his acoustic shit the crappiest of all, why on earth would you expect this 'new shit' you demand to be any better? You're saying that all the new stuff he's done since Gorilla Biscuits has been terrible--why on earth would you want him to make more new stuff if all the stuff he's done since Gorilla Biscuits is terrible??? Wouldn't you want him to make MORE Gorilla Biscuits records? Or are you just annoyed that he's rehashing his old music, that even if it's terrible (which it will likely be) you would rather have that--terrible new music for the sake of 'new music'--than for him to do what he wants and can (it seems) make a living doing.

You don't make any sense. Who cares if he wants to play in Quicksand? That is all. I'll take my answer offline.

Not that it matters, but I saw Quicksand this summer and I thought they were just great. Bravo, Walter!

Posted by E | October 25, 2013 5:29 PM

Hahahaha learn to read "E". First off, I never said "all the new stuff he's done since Gorilla Biscuits has been terrible", I wrote this you numbnut:

"He should drop all that shit and do something new or get lost as he's more than capable as I love GB, Quicksand, and the first Civ lp he ghostwrote."

Saying Quicksand was/is overrated is not saying they're "terrible" - overrated is not terrible as I love the ep save the trumpet song and about half of Slip.

I don't want him to make a new Gorilla Biscuits record considering the last one (the two song 7" they put out in '06) was nothing to write home about.

I'm not annoyed at anything, I'm just saying he needs to do some new shit cuz his four-band circus is played out. It's like he's afraid to step outside the box with a new band. The dude plays GB and Q when he needs the cash, RS and acoustic when he doesn't since it ain't making any. How 'bout he put out something as good as GB, Q, and Civ, that way he can make good music AND money with it instead of play musical chairs depending on his financial situation? Playing GB in 2012 then Quicksand in 2013 smacks of a cashgrab and it's sad and pathetic.

Posted by D | October 25, 2013 5:58 PM

Oh god, guess who's back. How tiresome, the guy with anger issues that works at C-Town, is in his mid 40's and lives in his grandmothers basement out in Queens.

Go away.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 6:10 PM

fuck off D

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 9:08 PM

Lol D. You think Walter cashes in like a rock star from Gorilla Biscuits and Quicksand? Grow up.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2013 9:55 PM

This D, what a tiresome, sad 40-something year old. Same old talk about the same old thing. Love how his sad, pathetic ass only shows up when there is some HC/punk related thread. Seriously dude, open your mind, there are other genres.

Posted by Anonymous | October 26, 2013 12:14 AM

You can wind him up to rant about Michael Jackson, but I haven't been able to get his views on seapunk, dubstep, or country. I'm pretty sure you could find him disparaging "freak folk" and indy rock, if you bother looking in the gutter.

Posted by a glory hole for e peens | October 26, 2013 12:46 AM

Go away."

Fuck you YOU go away. I don't have anger issues, but you sure have asshurt issues.

You keep harping on my age when I'm not in my mid-40s and so what if I was? You should hope I'm not that because it would be real embarrassing to have a guy in his mid-40s wipe the sidewalk with you.

Come up with some new material you asshurt bitch. Awwwww I shit on your hero Walter Schriefels? You wanna suck his cock or something?

Posted by D | October 26, 2013 2:01 AM

You know what's tiresome and sad? You crying about me at 12:14am on a Saturday morning. You reading what I post and being asshurt about it so much you've posted again at 2:01am.

I don't show up in just hc/punk related threads, but you can think that if it makes you feel better.

I don't have to open my mind to anything. Who the FUCK are you to tell me what to do? And like I told your pal (probably you) you don't want me to be 40-something cuz you'd get your ass kicked up and down the street by someone that old.

12:46pm Seapunk? The only punk I see here is you. Get a life. You post at 12:14am then 2:01am. Alone tonight, huh?

It's so obvious that it's one person posting as several as who in their right mind would be so bent out of shape over what I've written that multiple people post? A lone nut like you.

Posted by D | October 26, 2013 2:08 AM

fuck right off D

Posted by Anonymous | October 26, 2013 10:51 AM

^ Ahhh the first Brit to tell me to fuck off LOL.

Posted by D | October 26, 2013 3:58 PM

D, I think the reason everyone here thinks you're a dumbass is because you don't make sense. The solution to a "4-band circus" in your opinion is, what, a 5-band circus? How many musicians do you know of that are in 5 bands?

Maybe what you're trying to say is that instead of doing 4 different things, Walter should pick one and stick with it.

But then again, that's the opposite of what you're saying.

Posted by F | October 26, 2013 6:23 PM

^ Speak for yourself.

Four-band circus = a take on "four-ring circus", dumbass.

I'm not saying Walter should pick one band and stick with it, I'm saying he should stop doing what he's been doing (Gorilla Biscuits, Quicksand, Rival Schools, and his solo shit) and do one new band, preferably one at least as good as GB or Quicksand and not as bad as RS and his solo shit or worse.

Posted by D | October 26, 2013 7:54 PM

"The solution to a four-band circus is to end it and do a new band not a fifth band - learn to read."

How is a new band that comes after four not a fifth band?

Learn to count?

Posted by F | November 4, 2013 1:58 PM

I think skip from turning point should do an acoustic set
While he shoots heroin

Posted by El barto | January 2, 2014 9:20 PM

I'd like to smash Walters god damn acoustic guitar like John Belushi in animal house

I hate acoustic hippy crap shave your stupid beards and get out of the coffee shop you stupid commi hipsterS

Posted by Dave | January 4, 2014 9:51 AM