Posted in music | tour dates on November 27, 2013

Superchunk

When Superchunk were in NYC for a couple Bowery Ballroom shows and a Fallon performance earlier this year, they headed to Brooklyn DIY spot Shea Stadium to film the video for I Hate Music track "Void." In addition to the band themselves, the video features comedian/actors Jon Glaser and Jon Benjamin, plus members of multiple local bands including Ava Luna, Heliotropes, Aye Nako, Lost Boy?, Weird Womb, and others. Were you in it? Check out the new video below.

Superchunk also have a number of dates coming up, including SPIN's Year In Music Event which happens in NYC on December 10 at Music Hall of Williamsburg with Danny Brown and Charli XCX. It's a semi-private show, but we're giving away a few pairs of tickets via Twitter. Details on how to enter the contest along with all tour dates and the video, below...

Superchunk - "Void" Official Video

Superchunk -- 2013/2014 Tour Dates
12/01 Camber Sands, England All Tomorrow's Parties
12/02 Leeds, England Brudenell Social Club
12/03 London, England Electric Ballroom *
12/05 Copenhagen, Denmark Loppen
12/06 Stockholm, Sweden Debaser
12/08 Helsinki, Finland Tavastia
12/10 Brooklyn, NY Music Hall of Williamsburg w/ Danny Brown, Charli XCX
01/18 Chicago, IL The Metro (Tomorrow Never Knows)
01/19 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon (FRZN)
02/05 Dallas, TX Trees ^
02/06 Austin, TX The Mohawk ^
02/07 Houston, TX Fitzgerald's ^
02/08 New Orleans, LA One Eyed Jack's ^

* - w/ Girls Against Boys
^- w/ Waxahatchee

=====================================================================
To enter to win tickets to see Danny Brown, Superchunk, and Charli XCX at the SPIN party: You must tweet something like, "Hoping to win a pair of tickets to see Danny Brown at #SPIN2013 @BrooklynVegan". Your entry must include both the hashtag and "@BrooklynVegan". Sorry, no email entries to this one.

that is the worst video i have ever seen. truly terrible. the song's not bad, though.

Posted by Anonymous | November 27, 2013 11:17 AM

^ what a moron. great video.

Posted by Anonymous | November 27, 2013 11:54 AM

perfect representation on how the outside world views the elitists in brooklyn. so easy to forget that none of them were born there.

Posted by Anonymous | November 27, 2013 3:01 PM

BIIIIIIIIIIG ANNOUNCEMENT FOR BROOKLYN VEGAN (and what better thread to post it in than a thread about the overrated piece of shit late '80s-early '90s Merge Records band Superchunk fronting like they're a band who still cares about the underground venue and local music scene with Shea Stadium and a bunch of fellow piece of shit local hipster rock bands all too willing be pawns in the illusion?)

I, D, the poster you love to hate to love to like to dislike or give two shits about yet you constantly dog me like I fucked your wife/girlfriend/sister/daughter/
whatever special female in your life
HAVE CREATED AN EMAIL which will be posted EXCLUSIVELY in Brooklyn Vegan comments and will be posted under EVERY SINGLE FIRST COMMENT I POST IN A THREAD.

That email is...drumroll please...

dfromthebv@gmail.com

I will read messages sent from Gmail addresses only. Yahoo is for yahoos, AOL is for AHOLES, Outlook is just the new Hotmail and unnecessary when there's Gmail, and any other free email services are just like WHAAA??? Exceptions will be people writing from websites.

I will most likely check this email address and/or reply to whoever only once a week (most likely Friday the end of my work week.)

Go to it. BTW I may or may not report threats to Gmail (most likely not.) I most likely will not reply unless you have something real to say like I do every time I post on here.

So again...

dfromthebv@gmail.com

Posted by D | November 27, 2013 3:20 PM

^ who cares?

Posted by Anonymous | November 27, 2013 5:23 PM

^ You. You care to the tune of this same post across several threads and it's pretty sad. Get a fucking life.

dfromthebv@gmail.com

Posted by D | November 27, 2013 5:49 PM

All I see is a void

Posted by n | November 28, 2013 2:49 AM

auto diagnostic tools obd

Posted by digiprog iii | November 28, 2013 3:04 AM

I'm in this! I'm wearing the Slingshot Dakota shirt(black shirt with yellow print). This shoot was a lot of fun! Also, check out Slingshot Dakota. They rule! ;-)

Posted by Carly | March 3, 2014 5:45 AM