Posted in metal | music | tour dates on December 9, 2013

by Doug Moore

Monster Magnet at MHoW (more by Dana (distortion) Yavin)
monster magnet

Bad news, Monster Magnet folk: according to the band's publicist, frontman Dave Wyndorf has the flu, which means that the remaining shows of their tour with with Royal Thunder and Zodiac have been cancelled, including their 12/14 date at the Bowery Ballroom here in NYC. According to the venue's site, refunds are available. If you really feel like bumming yourself out, check out Invisible Oranges' enthusiastic writeup of the tour's Chicago date.

The full list of cancelled dates is below.

CANCELLED MONSTER MAGNET & ROYAL THUNDER DATES
12/10: Toronto, ON @ Lee's Palace
12/12: Boston, MA @ Sinclair
12/13: West Chester, PA @ The Note
12/14: New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom

Recommended Service: RïchFïšhes.örg - Meet and Date wealthy people here now!

Posted by wealthypeople25 | December 9, 2013 9:52 PM

That list doesn't tell the whole story. Thet started cancelling dates starting Firday with Atlanta (I got to the venue before i knew it was canned). If this band was notorious for cancelling shows, I'd believe the Flu excuse. Poor tickets sales, or Drugs is my guess.

Fuck off Wyndorf you slack ass piece of shit.

Posted by o0o0 | December 9, 2013 10:35 PM

Stack ass

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2013 1:05 AM

That's unfortunate that their tours were affected because of that flu. I hope they will get well soon and continue to rock stages in all the cities round the state.

Posted by KSA Kosher | December 10, 2013 4:05 AM

10:35: That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't you beleive the flu excuse if the band WASN'T notorious for cancelling shows? Or am I missing something here?

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2013 10:27 AM

That is too bad. The Chicago show was excellent.

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2013 10:28 AM

wyndorf is sick, not high.

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2013 12:25 PM

There's no conspiracy here. Dude is down with the flu, it happens.
Ticket sales definitely not the issue. Toronto was sold out, as were most if not all the shows. A quick glance at YouTube shows the band were in excellent form. Drugs? Please. That ship sailed for these guys ages ago.
I'm super bummed the show is not on tonight but that's how it goes.

Dave made this comment on the message board.
Believe it or leave it.
by Dave Wyndorf
12 hours ago

So sorry about all this. Catching a cold on the road is one thing but this BEAST I have is a full on, "week out of your life", high fever, larynx crushing DEMON. There's nothing I could do but cancel, unless you want to see a skeleton up there.

We will make these shows up one way or the other. I hate this kind of shit more than anybody, believe me. We shall return.

- Dave

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2013 1:31 PM

Anyone remember when Dave was the comic book guy in Red Bank? He stole that lady Glinda from Blow Yourself Up from Reed Linkletter Jr?

Dogs of Mystery 4eva.

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2013 2:49 PM

I'm Bummed. I saw MM open for Soundgarden at the Trocadero in Philly back in the early '90's on the Spine of God Tour. Ever since then, there his been something that kept me from seeing them again whether it was because I was out of town or something on their part (cancelled the Electric Factory opening for The Cult back in the early 90's because of a skateboarding accident if I recall correctly). Dave, I wish you the best and will be waiting for the makeup show in the Philly Area. I was looking forward to Last Patrol live!

Posted by Rich D | December 11, 2013 10:01 PM

Bummed. Dude with ignorant comment above; it's not due to poor ticket sales or drugs. Thanks for being such a great music supporter.

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2013 5:57 PM

Wat a bummer...any idea when they're gonna play NYC??

Posted by thegoalmachine | December 14, 2013 11:49 AM