Posted in music on January 13, 2014

by Bill Pearis

James

In the downtime from Blur, bassist Alex James channeled his creative efforts into his love of food by becoming a successful, award-winning cheesemaker which he's detailed in his second book, All Cheeses Great and Small. One of his cheeses is called "Blue Monday" btw. He's branching out into soft drinks, as City AM notes that James has applied for a trademark for a fizzy line called -- wait for it -- "Britpop." How has no one done this before? What do you think it will taste like?

Tags: Blur, britpop, food

Put down the fizz and announce some NY dates!!

::idiots::

Posted by Anonymous | January 13, 2014 11:07 AM

^Exactly!

Posted by Anonymous | January 13, 2014 11:21 AM

As much of a cheese Alex James is his bass lines on Leisure were great!

Posted by Anonymous | January 13, 2014 11:21 AM

Cheeses Christ is this a boring story!

Posted by Anonymous | January 13, 2014 3:04 PM

Oas-fizz
Crystal Light-ning Seeds
S-wig-uede
Charla-Fanta-ns

Posted by Anonymous | January 13, 2014 5:07 PM

Blurp?

Posted by Anonymous | January 14, 2014 9:14 AM

Alex James could sell anything he wants and I will buy it. He's hotter than The Sun, oozes charm and has a smile made to be selling things. Also, I guess, his excellent writing skills and bass lines should get honorable mention. But...look at him.

If he insists on a lard or dairy base to his fizzy pop, it will be a moral dilemma, for me but it's not like I haven't been spiritually preparing myself, for years, in the event The Great Tempter shows-up looking exactly like I'd expect him to look: Like Mr. James.

Posted by Anonymous | January 25, 2014 1:31 AM

Dear Brooklyn Vegan, Just noticed that you've used an image of mine of Alex James and Cheese without my permission. This image is subject to copyright and is a contravention of my rights. Grateful if you could contact me. I would request that you take this image down or come back to me with a request for usage / fee / with credit. Very best Fiona Campbell fiona@rubyslippersphoto.com

Posted by Fiona Campbell | February 19, 2014 1:18 PM