Posted in metal | music on January 3, 2014

Mayor Bill looks down lovingly at his metal loving daughter...
Chiara DeBlasio

Attention Saint Vitus and other metal-centric NYC businesses, you may have an ally in the new mayor, or at least in his daughter! From a profile in Teen Vogue:

Her be-my-best-friend appeal doesn't end there. Like a true city kid, Chiara doesn't have her driver's license (yet) and loves going to concerts. Her music of choice? All metal everything: "Old school metal, thrash metal, death metal, the new wave of British heavy metal. In terms of more modern stuff, I've gotten into Scandinavian, folk, and Viking metal. Dante loves metal now too, thanks to me." No, she doesn't mosh (anymore, that is), and her taste only spreads out from there, from classic rock to the Wu-Tang Clan.
Viking metal?!? Chiara has done her research! How many people can get as specific as "new wave of British heavy metal"? I wonder if she reads Invisible Oranges. Too bad she's not 21 because she lives really close to metal bar Lucky 13 Saloon (though her drinking days may already be over).

so much for that anti-sausage bill

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 10:44 AM

Lucky 13 is a KISS bar, basically.

Posted by BeSt WeStern(!) | January 3, 2014 10:49 AM

Yeah, cause Mayor's daughters are always on the fringe of society.

Sounds like she has a lot of anger inside.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 10:49 AM

Teen Vogue is where I always go for my metal news.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 10:50 AM

" How many people can get as specific as "new wave of British heavy metal"? "

um, literally anyone that has ever read an interview with Metallica

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 10:50 AM

she was at the burzum show last week - you all are idiots

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 10:52 AM

this isn't a billionaire's daughter, dude.

Posted by to you(!) | January 3, 2014 10:54 AM

First sausage.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 10:54 AM

10:49 wouldn't you be?

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 10:54 AM

No she's a millionaire's daughter who lives in Park Slope. Thanks for playing.

Posted by To You(!) Douche(!) | January 3, 2014 10:56 AM

LOL I love when metal heads get so angry when people who have money like the same music they do. Heavy metal has always had elitist undertones.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:20 AM

Surprise, surprise! Ri¢hie Ri¢h's the quintessential metal loving gentrifying hipster: affluent, inauthentic, and blissfully un-self-aware.

As ridiculous as sausages are, poseuring as one is even worse. Especially for a woman.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:23 AM

I as an adult, cannot understand the hatred that you people have for the new First Family of NYC. The young lady had struggles with drug abuse and depression and choose to share it with the world in order to help others cope with these serious diseases with the young and vulnerable and you folks choose to chastise her and her family for what reason I do not know and I will never understand. Apparently, none of you naysayers have no kids and none of them never had any problems, either that, or you choose to ignore them. I am appalled at the responses to Chiara de Blasio and her problems. I fully support her and her family and I look forward to the next 4 years with new leadership in our beloved city which is sorely needed after 12 years of despair for the poor and arrogance as for all of you who don't want to support this new Mayor, move out of our city and leave us alone. GO AWAY ALREADY!!

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:26 AM

^ same self righteous hypocrite fumed over our President George W. Bush, castigating him for any perceived slip or imaginary crime. Guaranteed he as an adult still thinks that President Bush stole the 2000 election, even though that fantasy belief has absolutely no basis in any factual reality.

So predictable, so deluded.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:30 AM

^ grrrr so angry

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:32 AM

Why do we care about all these sad people that have issues caused by their own inability to be responsible or accountable. It's pretty simple… don't do drugs and don't drink excessively in the first place. Nobody forced her to do it. Of course without her poor choices, she wouldn't be able to celebrate her incredibly brave battle with being depressed about how screwed up she is. I'm getting depressed just typing this comment. Where can I send her a big doobie so she can get over it? Really quite stupid and not newsworthy.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:34 AM

^ GRRRRRRRR ASKHULFRBGLEBFRWEUIOP DE BLASIO AWJKLDHCBOCBP FIRST FAMILY FWELCRH NOT FAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR! JKASDGH CWODU C OWS FUOAECYP

LOL so mad!

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:35 AM

For all your sausage needs I recommend this Romanian butcher shop:

They make the sausage fresh every morning!

For vegans, I would carefully venture to say that Soyrizo from TJ is one of the best, but open to discussion.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:37 AM

"our President George W Bush"

I just love how this is eating into our more Liberal minded commentators right now LOL

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:37 AM

11:26 you say that you are an adult, but you seem incapable to see another person's point of view. By your own standard you are not living up to adulthood. Just some friendly advice, take it or leave it.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:39 AM

DiBlasio isn't fit to carry Dubya's jock.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:42 AM

"she was at the burzum show last week"

No she wasn't you fucktard but she definitely was at the Psychic Tv show on Saturday.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:44 AM

Park Slope is full of fake rich people who pretend not to be racist. DeBlasio took the game to the next level.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:50 AM

So I'll be seeing her at the St Vitus Bar soon?

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:52 AM

"Viking metal?!? Chiara has done her research! How many people can get as specific as "new wave of British heavy metal"?"

I'm not casting aspersions on Chiara's knowledge here since she was likely dumbing down her answer for Teen Vogue, but c'mon. You guys have metal writers. At least one of them could have written this and spared you the embarrassment of publishing something that makes you look so completely out of your depth.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:52 AM

>>DiBlasio isn't fit to carry Dubya's jock.

Wow. I always suspected that BV had a lot of peeps from the flyover states who can't get over dubya ... but holy loving cow. Folks, move the fuck on. 2000 is over. Thanks for playing.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:54 AM

As far as the girl is concerned, good for her that she has some opinions about music. Wouldn't have taken her for a full blown sausagette, but what do I know.

As far as the new Mayor, I remember Dinkins. I lived through that dreck, and I would guess that most of you did not. I fear that we're going back in that wrong direction.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:56 AM

I think she's kind of hot actually

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:59 AM

What with minorities loving graveland. Can we talk about this.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:59 AM

Hmmm....a female mulatto sausage. You don't see that everyday.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:00 PM

11:54 - this may surprise you but NYC has had Republican mayors for the past 4 terms, so I wouldn't be so fast in assuming that there are no right minded people in NYC.

Do come back when you have something substantive to add, mkay?

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:06 PM

Anyone else certain he made her wear the African headband?

That guy is such a sleaze.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:08 PM

So we go from a power drunk but brilliant administrator to a public advocate with absolutely no administrative experience. This is like a bad sitcom.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:13 PM

I just love the word "fucktard". It's like a perfect dismissal of another person's humanity. It's the kind of word Debra Morgan would utter when arresting some Miami criminal that Dexter didn't off yet.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:22 PM

I wish Bloomberg was still the mayor. Only 25% of nyc voted.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:28 PM

LOL @ transplants thinking NYC is a liberal paradise.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:35 PM

Nobody has made a "half-black metal" joke yet? The BV commenters are having an off day.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:54 PM

Is DiBlasio's son Boots Randolph?

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:56 PM

Yakety Sax

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 12:57 PM

don't talk back

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 1:22 PM

The City is heading for the shitter. How long until deBlasio blames Bloomberg or for that matter Bush. Oh wait, he already has. Fucktard.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 1:35 PM

lol people are still blaming bush?

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 1:39 PM

Prediction: all "knockout game" offenders will be pardoned by the mayor and free by March.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 1:42 PM

I'd do her.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 1:43 PM

lol Boots Randolf

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 1:50 PM

@12:08 hahaha! If you had a teenaged daughter you would know how impossible it would be for her dad to make her wear something.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 2:31 PM

are the commenters on BV indicative of NYCers as a a whole?? seems like a wild pack of pricks mad at the world and that definitely hate their fellow man.
just my feel from reading the comments sections for a couple of years now

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 3:01 PM

"are the commenters on BV indicative of NYCers as a a whole??"

Most of the commenters on this board are high school kids from New Jersey.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 3:07 PM

Teen Vogue is where I always go for my metal news.

Posted by Bill Is Real | January 3, 2014 3:15 PM

^ at least one anyway, right there

amirite

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 3:16 PM

@3:01 you must be new to the city.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 3:18 PM

So much baby tears whaaa whaaaaa so mean whaaaaa can't understand whaaaaa

I thought that one of our core values as a society is freedom of speech. I thought that dissent was patriotic.

Grow up.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 3:28 PM

12:06, wasn't it 5 terms? Giuliani served for 2, and Bloomberg for 3.
That being said, I wish Bloomie was still the mayor. He actually got stuff done, and still had time to hit the Bahamas on weekends. That's what we call "effective".

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 4:46 PM

Where's D

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 7:39 PM

he must have found a girlfriend when he gave out his email

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 9:30 PM

Just wait until Chiapas gets her freak on in the next couple years, bringing the sausages home late at night.

"Let me smell your breath young lady .... yup, just as I thought, PIZZA!"

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 9:38 PM

So many bizarre notions in this thread..

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 9:54 PM

We could have had Carlos Danger instead of this slapnuts.

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:13 PM

I think we may have found her 9:30

Posted by Anonymous | January 3, 2014 11:28 PM

Cool! I'll totally buy her a bottled water or seltzer if I see her at Vitus or Acheron. When I found out Mutilation Rites was playing the inauguration, I *knew* I voted for the right guy.

*Though, to give credit where credit's due, I heard one of Lhota's kids played bass in the Scumfucs.

Posted by Anonymous | January 4, 2014 11:25 AM

lol@ "bringing the sausages home late at night."

For what, a game of D&D?

Posted by Anonymous | January 4, 2014 2:13 PM

Known her for years, cool people, real deal and a killer body.

Posted by Anonymous | January 4, 2014 11:27 PM

I honestly don't understand this family. I am happy that an interracial couple is in a position of power but what the hell happened to their kids? You can't expect for society to take you seriously when you have your son walking around with a 60's afro (the look was good in the 60's but its VERY dated now) and a daughter who walks around with flowers on her head and 5 picky twisted strands on her head. I understand that long hair is not for everyone but why could they not style her naturally curly hair? Did the stylist just walk off on this family? you see mayors all the time with their kids and all the kids usually look put together. Both the Mayor and his wife look great, the wife could use a bit of makeup though.. but their kids really need a stylist so that the general public would take them seriously when they make speeches like this. People can't even pay attention to what the poor girl is trying to say without getting distracted from her piercings, picky 5 twisted strands of hair on her head mixed in with her bags under her eyes. I hate to sound superficial but you are presenting yourself to the world, a representation of interracial couples and their offspring and you let your kids walk out the house like that? if there is no control in the house or parental structure in these kids lives then how can people expect this family be in charge of NYC? I don't care if they are interracial you have to look at the bigger picture here. Now a lot of these comments are just down right immature and juvenile talking about race and comparing this family to tarzan and chips lmao. The REAL issue is that they appear to be unprofessional and that is a concern. Obama and his family look very professional and they make a point to make sure the kids look good in front of the camera. This family i guess is still new in the process hopefully they will learn soon and get the kids a stylist. The afro on that boys hair has got to go and the piercings and 5 piece strand twist that she call hair needs to be styled in a short curly professional style. Im tired of black people getting such a bad representation.. Their kids are attractive but they don't even TRY its like they are trying to make some kind of a statement like the black panther movement. America is so behind in their times my glory.

Posted by Olutomi | October 31, 2014 4:18 PM

NY Mayor Bill de Blasio makes good on his Stanley Cup bet with LA Mayor Eric Garcetti.

Posted by Jimmy Kimmel | November 19, 2014 3:11 AM