Posted in comedy | music | tour dates on January 6, 2014

IMAGEIMAGE

Dave Hill kicked off 2014 with the first shift on WFMU. You can stream it here. That was actually a fill-in slot for "Seven Second Delay," but he'll premiere "The Goddamned Dave Hill Show" on it's regular Tuesday 9 PM slot (old home of "The Best Show") this week (1/7).

In addition to that, Dave has a couple live performances with his band Valley Lodge. One will be at Union Hall on Friday (1/10) as part of his "Meet Me in the Bathroom and Tell Me All Your Secrets" series which started back in October. This edition, "an incredible night of comedy, music and gunplay," features Har Mar Superstar, Jackie Kashian, Cleveland indie rock legend Doug Gillard, Mike Bocchetti, Ben Lerman, Alex Edelman, and Jodi Lennon with Valley Lodge as the house band. Tickets are on sale. Dave says Har Mar and Doug will do a few songs each. Valley Lodge will also play The Rock Shop on January 17.

Speaking of Har Mar Superstar, he's got a couple shows coming up this  month. He'll headline Brooklyn Night Bazaar on January 25 with Computer Magic, Not Blood Paint, and Static Jacks also on the bill. Then on January 31 it's the next of his Free Fridays at Knitting Factory which happen at midnight.

LOL I've never seen/heard anything that even acknowledges that this dude even exists other than BV.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 11:26 AM

He had his own amusing but very short-lived TV show called The King Of Miami.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 11:30 AM

So unfunny. His radio show is going to BOMB.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 11:37 AM

Dave Hill rules.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 1:30 PM

Guaranteed 11:37 has an account on the Friends of Tom board and lies to himself that Julie Klausner and Jen Kirkman are funny, and that Ted Leo and Aimee Mann are interesting musicians. What will you do on Tuesday nights without Jon Wurster mentioning a mouse wearing a cape for the 1000000th time?

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 1:32 PM

There is a special place in hell for Brooklyn Vegan posters

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 1:37 PM

This comment section is a shining example of why god invented flame-throwers.

Posted by Comment guy. | January 6, 2014 2:51 PM

11:37 - the sound of doodoo dropping into a steel bucket would be better than Sharpling and his overdone, unfunny, annoying shtick. This CANNOT be any worse than that.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 3:04 PM

11:37 here. Never said I liked Scharpling or the Best Show. Not a fan! But Dave Hill is truly, truly embarrassing.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 3:06 PM

I've actually met Tom Scharpling, so I have an informed opinion. Tom Scharpling is the single biggest douche I've ever met in my life.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 3:32 PM

Check out the Adam Carolla podcast. I bet 1:32 and 3:32 are sitting on cases of Mangria.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 3:55 PM

^ I bet you're sitting on a case of anal warts from that wild weekend this past summer, bonerface

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 4:06 PM

Bonerface,
Obviously you would know the duration of anal wart.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 4:13 PM

3:32 -- on account of reacting to your comment out loud, i feel that it is only fair for me to report that upon reading what you wrote, i said, "you HAVE no life" . two minutes have passed and i don't feel particularly attached to my statement, nor too moved by your comment. just figured i am doing my part to keep the cosmic energy flow / BV comments section vitriol spew moving along. also, it just occurred to me that i actually *can* weigh in with my own IRL encounter w/ scharpling, which was very pleasant; he was very present, personable, and at the time he, among others, was helping raise money for goner records owner zac ives' daughter's cancer treatment. i can see how some people might not feel S + W's brand of comedy, but then again i can also see how some people might not feel. no comment re: dave hill, although i am so, so tempted. now it has been several minutes since i began typing this -- 3:32, i'm no better than you, and it's a gas!!

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 4:14 PM

I never liked the Best Show much but the one time I met Scharpling he was a pretty nice and friendly guy.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 4:17 PM

Some nice folks here!

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 4:30 PM

I met Scharpling at like 1am after a Marc Maron show and he was one of the nicest people ever.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 4:44 PM

LOL @ 4:14 TLDR

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 4:44 PM

Hey 4:14, this is 3:32 here. I find it hilarious that you dismiss my comment by stating that I have no life, and then you write a fucking paragraph overselling your own counter-opinion. You exemplify unintended irony. Have a nice night.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 6:05 PM

lol 4:14 you're one of hitler's nazis

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 6:15 PM

what one man can do, another can do

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 6:44 PM

4:14 is Tom Scharpling

OK, maybe not but be truthful you could TOTALLY see him posting such a thin skinned rant aggressively defending himself against some anonymous post

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 6:53 PM

Toms show was the funniest thing in the world, what are you twerps on about? You obviously are obsessed with him if you know so much about it down to the minutiae, Mouse capes? Such shining losers. What do you do with your lives?

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 7:53 PM

^ king troll

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 8:17 PM

"Tom's show was the funniest thing in the world".... and then it went on autopilot for the last 10 years.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 10:03 PM

Best show 4 life

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2014 10:20 PM

It is really their talent to always make a lot of people laugh.

Posted by YOR Health | January 7, 2014 1:52 AM

I loved the Best Show and I will miss it a great deal, but I can tell you after knowing Tom for the past few years and seeing his behavior, he's not a terribly nice guy. He's polite enough, and he can be very funny, but he's also incredibly socially awkward and I've seen him be downright mean to people. He likes to think his on-air personality is a schtick, but it's really very close to his actual personality. Of course, he has his circle of friends and supporters and is probably very nice to them, but to the average person, not so much.

Dave Hill, on the other hand, is always incredibly friendly and approachable. And his humor is never about diminishing someone else or their accomplishments, it's just extemporaneous and silly. I wish him luck in this new venture.

Posted by Anonymous | January 7, 2014 6:57 PM