Posted in music | tour dates on January 13, 2014

by Bill Pearis

Eternal Summers

As you may know, Eternal Summers will release their new album, The Drop Beneath, on March 4 via Kanine. The album was produced by Doug Gillard (GBV, Nada Surf, My Dad is Dead) and is by far the band's most varied record yet. If you've seen the Virginia trio live lately, you've probably heard "Gouge" which has been a staple of their sets for some time -- I'm pretty sure they played it at their Sound Bites series show in 2012 -- and its phased-out guitars shimmer in the recorded version. You can stream it in this post.

Eternal Summers will play a record release show for The Drop Beneath in NYC on March 4 at Rough Trade where they'll be sharing the bill with UK band Cheatahs. Tickets are still available. No other tour dates announced yet, but look for them to hit the road sometime after the new album drops.

New song stream below...

good tune!

Posted by Anonymous | January 13, 2014 5:33 PM

pretty damn good!

Posted by Anonymous | January 13, 2014 6:46 PM

I agree that the tune is one of the best. And I conclude this is the best band.

Posted by Kris Krohn | January 14, 2014 10:05 AM

... ehh... yeah!

Posted by Anonymous | January 14, 2014 1:36 PM

Requiring that of every musician and record label would indeed be a little ridiculous. If I understand correctly, you're placing me into a class of individuals who "think linearly," solely based on a few sentences written in a comment about a you tube video?. Are you familiar with Picasso's quote and what he meant by it? I think we might agree more than you realize. I assumed a modicum of artistic literacy in the reader and was being a wee bit facetious, but I guess I should have been more clear. "good artists copy, great artists steal" was Picasso acknowledging that all art draws from art before it, and my mentioning it here was my acknowledging that the music's resemblance to previous work is not to the musicians' discredit. Also, what are chorus guitars?

Posted by Phiba | November 1, 2014 11:35 AM

What does that guys T-shirt say?

Posted by Anonymous | November 1, 2014 12:06 PM