Posted in music on January 30, 2014

Prince

Prince has decided to drop his $22 million lawsuit against alleged online bootleggers. Today his 3RDEYEGIR Twitter announced "PRINCE AND THE...RESOLUTION," and Prince's lawyer sent TMZ an official statement:

Because of the recent pressure, the bootleggers have now taken down the illegal downloads and are no longer engaging in piracy. "We recognize the fans craving for as much material as possible, but we'd prefer they get it from us directly than from third parties who are scalpers rather than real fans of our work.
The Verge notes that Prince could reopen the suit at any time. As mentioned, Prince will be on the episode of The New Girl that airs Sunday (2/2) immediately after the Super Bowl.

Tags: lawsuit, Prince

Yeah I use lawyers to send messagess to my superfans too. Then they back the fuck off toot sweet.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:03 PM

"we'd prefer they get it from us directly than from third parties"...except for the minor fact that Prince will never offer it directly, except the few times that he's thrown fans a few horribly-edited crumbs. Hence the bootlegging problem.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:03 PM

I'm not hating, just curious to get feedback from Prince fans. When was the last time this guy wrote a good song? 1991?

Posted by Seriously | January 30, 2014 3:06 PM

"Seven" was the last good Prince single.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:11 PM

"toot sweet"

ha ha what a tool

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:12 PM

Prince's music was unable to transcend generations and now he's taking it out on the people who are keeping him relevant.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:13 PM

Chill bros, Prince's music is the shit. He's obvs a total dickbag as a person (well I guess not total now that he's dropping the lawsuit), but the music is excellent.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:47 PM

Prince > Neil Young

no contest

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:48 PM

Prince and the Restitution

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:55 PM

BV, please list the words that constantly get my posts blocked. People say all kinds of idiotic, rude and lewd things on here yet I get blocked for talking about an artist and not saying anything nasty.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:56 PM

306 He's written a few here and there. (Dreamer, Guitar, Extralovable)Live he still delivers as was proven last month at Mohegan Sun. Probably the best show that I saw last year out of the 50 or so that I went to. As for "but we'd prefer they get it from us directly", what are they talking about? I have around 50 concerts of his in my computer and not a single one could I have purchased from him! What a joke. The few live releases he has put out (One Night Alone / Indigo Nights)are not even close to his best.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 3:57 PM

Bloggers who post his shows have helped him sell out shows for years seeing as his albums have been sub-par at best compared to his 80'-90's heyday. I've given copies of shows to non-fans over the years who immediately became fans and wound up going to go see him multiple times. Prince, just put out live material. It's 2014 not 1999!

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 4:01 PM

I've given copies of shows to non-fans over the years who immediately became fans and wound up going to go see him multiple times. Prince, just put out live material or just shut up. It's 2014 not 1999!

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 4:02 PM

3:57 & 4:02 - lawsuits en route

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 4:05 PM

4:05 I'm 3:57 & 4:02 (One post-I hit send by mistake). Bring it on! I'd publicize it on every music site on the net and make them look like the fools that they are. I'm a huge Prince fan but can't understand why he messes with his biggest free promoters!

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 4:20 PM

"I'd publicize it on every music site on the net and make them look like the fools that they are"

like Kim Dotcom?

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 4:27 PM

what a dick

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 5:23 PM

Prince > Neil Young? That's comparing apples to oranges. I'm a huge fan of both. I've seen Price around 15 times and Neil 7 or so. Both absolute legends but Prince shows are WAY more fun.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 6:07 PM

Apples>Oranges

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 6:16 PM

Oppos, I've seen Prince around 15 times. Don't know no Price!

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 6:16 PM

Regardless of its type an internet site. should have a regular viewers
this is the heart on the site, because
no visitors -- no popularity, no popularity

Posted by SmartMReward Wp Plugin | January 30, 2014 6:40 PM

Vincent Price was killer in Thriller

"The funk of 40,000 years"

Yeah, we all know dat!

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 6:47 PM

Prince is short.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 7:52 PM

seems like he should take a lesson from the Grateful Dead and have a section set aside for people to tape shows with a direct feed from the board.
He could go in the opposite direction as well. Since his fans are loyal and persistent, they could probably tolerate an invasive search prior to being allowed into the venue, so that nobody gets to bring in any recording devices. Seats could be fitted with restraints so that nobody can even try to do anything besides pay attention to the show they paid to see.

Posted by Anonymous | January 30, 2014 11:58 PM

1158 He is a control freak so he'd never do that. Just record your own shows and sell them. Even Springsteen is starting to do it. It's still easy to find Prince boots online. I listen to every show he does.

Posted by Anonymous | January 31, 2014 1:25 AM

I saw prince at Mamouns last week, and he shoved two falafel balls into his mouth and sung Darling Nicki to an adoring fan.

Posted by Anonymous | January 31, 2014 2:21 AM

221 1st hummus joke that I actually enjoyed!

Posted by Anonymous | January 31, 2014 3:41 AM

"It's still easy to find Prince boots online. I listen to every show he does."

Aaaaand, you would have no life

Posted by Anonymous | January 31, 2014 8:32 AM

832 He does not play very many shows. I'd rather listen to his concerts than 99% of the indiecrap out there.

Posted by Anonymous | January 31, 2014 1:39 PM

you don't have to rich to be my girl... ;)

Posted by Furr | February 17, 2014 3:59 AM

Wow! I think that GaGa herself would agree that Prince has more talent in his little finger than she does... Don't get me wrong, I think that she is more talented than most of the acts out there right now (she is a huge talent) but Prince is a musical genius and needs NOBODY to pull him along. Educate yourself about him a bit.. Spend a few bucks and see him in concert if you want to see one of the best musicians alive.

Posted by Olly | November 3, 2014 5:28 PM