Austin band Beth Israel do spare, jagged postpunk really well. Is "bleak" a positive? In the case of the band's debut album, it most certainly is. That record is being released by Dull Tools, the label co-run by Andrew Savage of Parquet Courts and Beth Israel will play right before them at the Friday BrooklynVegan free day party. In advance of that Beth Israel answered 5 QUESTIONS:
1) What is your favorite venue to play in the country and why?
I gotta say the Flat Bang in Memphis had the best queso we've ever experienced. We were like "Okay, so, could this get any better?"
2) Tell us about the worst show you've ever played.
The Strong Bow in Delta had the worst queso we've ever experienced. We were like "Okay, so, where's the good stuff?"
3) What are some albums that you guys have been spinning in the van lately?
How dare you.
4) What would your metal band name be?
5) Be honest: how often do you change your clothes on tour?
We fear change.
Beth Israel - 2014 SXSW Dates
Friday - Red 7 BrooklynVegan day party
Saturday - The Owl - Dull Tools party