Posted in music | tour dates on May 28, 2014

Animal Collective at Governors Ball 2013 (more by Dana (distortion) Yavin)
AnCo

Animal Collective's two main songwriters, Panda Bear and Avey Tare, are currently busy with their solo projects, which is probably at least partially why we haven't heard from AnCo in a while. But the main band will be going on a short DJ tour which kicks off in Seattle tonight (5/28) and makes its way to NYC during Northside Festival to hit Brooklyn Bowl on June 13. Tickets for that show are on sale now, or you can get in for free with your Northside bage.

All AnCo DJ dates are listed below...

Animal Collective -- 2014 Tour Dates
Wed 05/28/14 Neumos Seattle WA (DJ Set)
Thu 05/29/14 Neumos Seattle WA (DJ Set)
Fri 05/30/14 1015 Folsom San Francisco CA (DJ Set)
Sat 05/31/14 Los Globos Los Angeles CA (DJ Set)
Wed 06/11/14 The Dolphin Philadelphia PA (DJ Set)
Fri 06/13/14 Brooklyn Bowl Brooklyn NY (DJ Set)
Sat 06/14/14 Union BBQ Washington DC (DJ Set)

Their last album sucked ass anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 4:25 PM

chill out you bastard^

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 4:34 PM

Someone please stop this
'Your Favorite Band... *DJ set'

It's like going to see Jimmy Page play with his iPad, instead what made him famous, his guitar.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 4:41 PM

Animal Collective touring means Phish have one less venue to play aka. one else chance of playing live.

I'm all for Phish not touring

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 4:51 PM

Sure Centipede Hz sucked, but Slasher Flicks and the new Panda Bear material are both really great.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 4:53 PM

you guys know animal collective are phans right? they also like the grateful dead hence the MPP album title

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 4:57 PM

what the fuck is a dj set tour? people pay USD for this?

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 5:10 PM

Jimmy Page is famous for stealing royalty money from unsuspecting black men and women who were the true innovators

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 5:12 PM

Phish >>>> AC

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 5:18 PM

@4:41 AGREE

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 5:32 PM

what the fuck is a bage?

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 5:33 PM

Posted by Grimace | May 28, 2014 5:39 PM

The last time "they" did this at the natural history museum was pretty underwhelming

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 5:44 PM

"The new Avey album has been sucking me in... I never feel the urge to skip or shuffle..."

Big deal. Albums are meant to be heard in full.

Posted by Venkman | May 28, 2014 5:55 PM

Didn't these losers start a kickstarter to go to Africa and never delivered on the "prizes". What a bunch of assholes, I'm amazed by greed these so called "indie" musicians operate under.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 6:22 PM

^
Yep.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 7:31 PM

6:22 #1 It was one guy acting on his own. #2 Those "losers" are in my opinion the best band of last decade and have accomplished far more than you ever will.

I get that every thread has become the BV Roast of said band/person and it's not cool to like anything anymore, but at least get your facts straight before you say something.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 7:36 PM

Band who rips off their fans=LOSERS. "Best band of the last decade", now that is fucking hilarious.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 7:43 PM

Scamimal Collective

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 7:48 PM

743 god I'd love to hear your opinion. I may need some peanuts for this one.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 9:35 PM

Dry mouth, push it out, I can hear my heart pound, a hero’s what I’m not
Voices scream, flashes flare, frozen as the people stare, my crucifixion shot

Friends were electric on the western side while triangles were shifting on the floor
Squeezing out the breath that I don’t have, they’re quiet now, they only want to more

And you step to the line
And you step to the line

Every shot I’ve taken has led me to this moment since I was four feet high
Big D is watching, I remember what he taught me, don’t let him see you cry

And you step to the line
And you step to the line

Try to see your future from the line
And you’re clinging to the notion you’ll be fine
But the circle’s getting smaller all the time
Try to see your future from the line
And you’re clinging to the notion you’ll be fine
But the circle’s getting smaller all the time

Dry mouth, push it out, I can hear my heart pound, a hero’s what I’m not
Voices scream, flashes flare, frozen as the people stare, my crucifiction shot

And you step to the line
And you step to the line

You try to see your future from the line
Clinging to the notion you’ll be fine
But the circle’s getting smaller all the time
You try to see your future from the line
And you’re clinging to the notion you’ll be fine
But the circle’s getting smaller all the time
You try to see your future from the line
You’re clinging to the notion you’ll be fine
But the circle’s getting smaller all the time
You try to see your future from the line
Clinging to the notion you’ll be fine
But the circle’s getting smaller . . .

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 10:21 PM

Guyz that Kickstarter $ went to partially help produce the hit comedy Blended.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2014 10:24 PM

^I hope you liked it! I think of it as my love song to the continent.

Posted by Deakin | May 28, 2014 10:36 PM

^bros. like seriously. these dude are bros. they will dj some bro jams you can all love. they are nice bros, regardless of one bro's kickstarter faux-pas. they will bro you out and be real cool bro, for sure. bros for life. bros is a good song.

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2014 1:37 AM

Soooooo much effort on display here. Just adorable.

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2014 8:40 AM

^where?

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2014 9:26 AM

Fuck Phish

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2014 9:28 AM

SPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHERSPORTSBROTHER

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2014 11:11 AM

They should have kicked Deakin out of the group...well not only because of his scam...but because he sucks too.

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2014 11:26 AM

If you listen to a man called Panda Bear, there's not much hope for you.

"Gentz" like this ushered in the post city cuteness.

Posted by Mr. Foot Fetish | May 29, 2014 11:26 AM

I loved Blended #ThanksDeakin

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2014 11:33 AM

This website is full of whiny little bitches ,.every article I see its filled with little snobs who think they know everything about music.

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2014 12:57 PM

^12:57's mommy promised him a trophy no matter what happens in "that big city"

this ain't Des Moines anymore