Posted in music on May 5, 2014

(photos via Scotto)
Michael Alig and friends

Only out of jail for a few hours and already Michael Alig is surrounded by a posse of club kids once again, but this time around they're all over the internet, blurry and in real time (no more waiting for next month's issue of Project X or Paper Magazine to catch a glimpse). There's Alig pictured above at dinner with Scotto and Astro Erle (who were among those who picked him up at jail) and old pal James St. James, who earlier published a fun open letter to Michael at the WOW Report. Here's an excerpt:

Viral videos, blogs, GIFs, memes - there's a whole world waiting for you online. But the internet is a scary place. Things get weird fast. I suggest dipping your feet in slowly. Gently. Here are a few fun, soothing videos to get you going: David After Dentist, The Prancercize Lady, Charlie Bit Me, Sweet Brown, Two Girls One Cup...

Technology develops at light speed now, you don't want to get left behind. You NEED a smart phone, a computer, a DVR, and a tablet. There are no two ways around this. And be sure to keep up on all the latest upgrades and gadgets. You don't want to be like me. I still have an iphone 4. Its calculator is an abacus. My Grindr only has Pilgrims in my area who want to hook up. It's OLD.

Things we don't need any more: Phone books, dictionaries, maps, and encyclopedias. They're all in your phone. IT'S CRAZY.

Things it takes awhile to get used to not needing anymore: Photographs, books, and newspapers. You'll fight this, but eventually you'll succumb. It's a paperless world now. Adapt or die.

Read it all HERE. Follow along at James St. James's Instagram where he's already proclaimed they're on their way to... grindr.

"You NEED a smart phone, a computer, a DVR, and a tablet. There are no two ways around this."

Idiocracy

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:11 PM

the internet ruined everything

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:15 PM

Betch, please.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:15 PM

Was there ever a more worthless use of one's time in human history than the rave/club culture?

Answer: NO.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:17 PM

8:17 is clearly a Taylor Swift fan rather than a fan of house music, a direct result of the rave / club kid culture.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:25 PM

Please...if there is a god, let his 15 mins last only 15 mins!! I don't want to read about Michael Alig's new life adjusting to society. I don't want to hear his opinions on music or culture. I don't want to see his name anywhere. There are millions of people being released from prison every day. Some were innocent all along and served much longer than 17 years. Why not follow them around instead???

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:26 PM

This website is going downhill. Who really cares about shit like this?

Posted by o0o0 | May 5, 2014 8:31 PM

He looks like Simple Jack in that pic.

Posted by beast | May 5, 2014 8:33 PM

Murdering scum.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:35 PM

Hey Dave/BV, how would you feel if you were related to the guy this dude murdered? You think they'd want to see multiple posts about his release, as if it's some significant, happy homecoming?

Rot in hell, truly. This guy is a murderer, he doesn't deserve respect or attention because you have some dumb affinity for 90s rave bullshit.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:36 PM

Hey 8:25, I am laughing my ass off at the description of me as a Taylor Swift fan. Thanks for that, I needed a good chuckle. Don't forget to wear your Cat In The Hat hat tonight, it's a little chilly out there.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:39 PM

I'm enjoying this. At least he only murdered one person, I bet a bunch of you miserable yuppie cunts commenting here work for companies that engage in slave labor and worse practices that are responsible for the deaths and misery of hundreds of thousands. He's harmless and entertaining - you office drones are far more damaging and have way more blood on your hands whether you admit it or not.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:57 PM

@8:57, you lost me after, "At least he only murdered one person". You're a monster!

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 8:59 PM

This is news because a white cunt went to jail for once. Jay Ott is in jail!

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 9:09 PM

don't sweat it. he poops his pants now. the universe evened things out.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 9:10 PM

8:26 clicking the link to this story only justifies the motive for posting it. It's all about ad revenue. BV is cashing in right now because you, me and everyone on here clicked on this story. If you want to start seeing less posts about things you don't like, don't click the ones you do see.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 9:28 PM

Seriously, this guy killed and chopped up another human being. Can this pathetic piece of shit go live on a farm somewhere for a bit before he starts hanging out like he's the shit.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 9:48 PM

8:57 needs to be punched in the mouth then sent back to his mommy/daddy's house in boulder and never come back. Bet he watched the movie and moved to NYC. Fuck, talk about a cornball!

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 9:53 PM

> Technology develops at light speed now, you don't want to get left behind.

What YOU do need, apparently, is a book or, ahem, app, for proper grammar because that, my friend, is a comma-mother-fucking-splice. Beetch. Study, learn and use the might semicolon.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 9:57 PM

^ might

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 10:09 PM

Scotto gonna use this to his advantage and do a party, and again milk the ravers cash out of them like a giant goat udder.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 10:45 PM

All praise a washed up bullshit subculture!

And cool it with this "club kids" nonsense. The only club these homos belong to is AARP.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 10:51 PM

"Adapt or die."

I take it Andre "Angel" Melendez didn't adapt quickly enough for Alig's taste?

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 10:51 PM

I glad he offed that dude from my so called life

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 10:55 PM

LOL @ "I bet a bunch of you miserable yuppie cunts commenting here work for companies that engage in slave labor and worse practices that are responsible for the deaths and misery of hundreds of thousands."

You mean besides Apple who made the iPhone you wrote your post from, you self righteous prick? I don't mean that in a bad way.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 10:59 PM

Has anyone told him the Limelight is now a mall? Probably why they are at a square restaurant. No more "clubs" to hang in.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 11:05 PM

Really nice that BrooklynVegan wants to repeatedly celebrate a convicted murderer. This site has gone to shite.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 11:16 PM

which ugly faggot in that picture is alig

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2014 11:56 PM

Could he hang at a Mykki Blanco show at Westway though?

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:02 AM

This is beyond irritating. I do not need this murderer on the streets, on the internet tweeting. This is outrageous. " No more phone books, maps " K we get it, you were locked up for the technology burst. You still murdered someone. EVIL Powers released this man thing.

Posted by Irritated | May 6, 2014 12:10 AM

8:25 is clearly a washed-up New York "club kid" who thinks he and his loser friends invented house music when in fact they appropriated it from black kids in Chicago, Detroit, and Baltimore and turned it into something really, really stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:14 AM

Michael Alig was, is, and always will be a fucking piece of shit.

What a fucking joke that he got only 17 years for murdering someone. He should've got at least 25 years which would've had him do time through age 55. How cool and bitching would it have been to him to be released then? Not very much I bet. He would've missed all his 30s and 40s and half his 50s. Instead he gets to enjoy the last three years of his 40s and all his 50s, if he even makes it to 59.

ALL NYC nightclubs should blacklist him.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:29 AM

BV, why don't you do a report on how Jonathan Fleming is adjusting to society instead? He was in prison much longer and DIDN'T commit any crimes. The last thing real murderers like Michael Alig need is free publicity.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:32 AM

Who ARE these people?

Why are fucks given???

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 3:11 AM

^ Right, right.. Drain-o, I read the other article. Lovely.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 3:21 AM

Get in touch Michael if you can read this!!!!

Posted by Gabriel Bathory | May 6, 2014 5:19 AM

Oh come on. These old washed up histrionic hags are looking for a bit of the Limelight. How pathetic. Limelight is closed, you're no longer queens and it's time to hang it up. So attention starved that they'll hang with a murderer. Astro dear (another junkie), shouldn't you focus on a way to get rid of those silly baboon ass lips that you got?

To hell with anyone hanging w/ this murderer.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 7:57 AM

Hey Devine. Lookin good.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 8:16 AM

BV can waste space and write 5 posts a day about an irrelevant shitty band like Against Me, fine, but when they start being a free publicity machine to a cold blooded murderer then I realize it's time I'm done supporting this site.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 8:18 AM

Pic says it all. What a bunch of odious skanks.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 8:24 AM

The way some of you are reacting you'd think Alig killed Lando

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 8:49 AM

There are people that worship Manson still. Women that wrote love letters to Bundy and Dahmer. People that collect Gacy's paintings.

It seems BV is equally enamored with Alig's antics.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 9:35 AM

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 9:53 AM

"Alig shot first." - James St. James

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 9:59 AM

"All you people are getting pissed off about this and I don't get it. This man served the sentence that was given to him. Then on his release date his friends are happy and document him being released after 17 YEARS. I know if I had a friend that went to prison for 17 years for murder I would be happy too. As long as my friend didnt molest any children I would be there for them when they were released from prison."

Okay, his creepy club rat friends can be happy. Fine. But why does it warrant 2 posts on a music blog? Because 20 years ago he was a rave kid of some renown? He's a murderer, and it's super creepy that BV is giving him so much attention.

BV can post whatever he wants, but I sure as hell won't give him those clicks anymore.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 10:04 AM

his butthole can't clinch anymore. poop just flows out of there freely. seriously. he admitted to it, and the brown river was probably flowing while he admitted to it.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 10:22 AM

This dude still has one heck of a rude awakening once he realizes how watered down and lame NYC has become.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 10:27 AM

Alig is a a vinyl lover, totally

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 10:32 AM

8:57 - pretty sure that working for an ethically questionable company but not having committed murder and a gruesome dismembering of a body means you still have less blood on your hands than this guy. Literally and figuratively.

Go pound sand you zealous, misinformed twat

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 10:48 AM

How does a pos like this even have friends? He should slice them ALL up, if it were up to me. BTW he'd hate hate mail. He's desperate for approval. He posted it on his twitter:NewMichaelAlig@gmail.com

Posted by suzie | May 6, 2014 11:07 AM

Wow, 10:48 is really mad. I think that he probably needs to relax a bit.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 11:07 AM

9:53, Yes he served his time, but it doesn't erase the fact that he killed someone ON PURPOSE! Angel's family has suffered with a much bigger loss than missing out on 17 years of freedom. It's quite sad that I share society with someone like you who is cool with supporting those who commit heinous crimes as long as kids aren't getting diddled. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere?? Personally, I wouldn't be so welcoming to a cold blooded murderer and would hope that most people in a civilized society feel the same.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 11:09 AM

@11;09: Exactly! No matter how many years they're behind bars, a murderer can't undo their crimes or ever repay society . F**k Michael Alig, f**k his loser friends, and f**k the media who are posting these stories!!

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 11:19 AM

new club coming soon?

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 11:19 AM

гулянка

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:10 PM

Fuck alig and James st James seriously I remember that prick from the shampoo room he was a dick that dope dealer should have killed alig

Posted by eazy L | May 6, 2014 12:13 PM

The tunnel was once the greatest place in planet earth.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:36 PM

First of all, "famous" for being a party kid?
Second, I could probably reconcile my feelings with a friend who may have killed someone accidentally or in the heat of passion - shit does happen.
If my friend hit someone with a hammer, poured drano down their throat, kept their body in the tub for a week, and then chopped it up? That's pretty cold and fucked. I don't think I'd be sitting down to dinner with them

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 1:07 PM

City stuff. Fussy, fussy, fussy.

Posted by Mr. Foot Fetish | May 6, 2014 1:40 PM

Nowadays all people do is take photos at clubs. It's a pity all these young 20 something's these days have zero idea how to have fun. The world is wired into screens and popping anti anxiety pills worried about their fakebook profiles... I'll take the 90s back.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 2:01 PM

wow this comment section is super lame

Posted by yikes | May 6, 2014 2:57 PM

ha too true

..THIS is CELEBRITY kiddies

Posted by @2:57 | May 6, 2014 3:01 PM

So many poc have been sentenced longer for doing less...

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 4:26 PM

Michael might have been released from prison, but he will burn in hell for all eternity when he finally dies. He should have never been released of course but this world is unfair and full of sin. Rest in hell Michael.

Posted by mp | May 6, 2014 4:38 PM

You can smell the AIDS just from looking at that picture of fruits!

Posted by keith | May 6, 2014 5:00 PM

How the hell hitting someone in the head with a hammer, pouring drano down their throat, and chopping them up could ever be considered "manslaughter" even under the assumption "the defendant kills only with an intent to cause serious bodily harm" is beyond me.

I guess legally it makes sense, still pretty fucked up to get a light sentence for doing something heinous and then pleading guilty.

Dude has got to live with those memories though - that's his ultimate cost.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 5:02 PM

He was a worthless twat back in his drug addled days, now he kills someone and gets to go free...to do what? Hang out with his saggy irrelevant friends and his peasant ass mother? Please stuff this slag back in his prison cell; New York moved on while this loser was someone's Nancy in prison.

Posted by Ban | May 6, 2014 5:02 PM

"Then on his release date his friends are happy and document him being released after 17 YEARS. I know if I had a friend that went to prison for 17 years for murder I would be happy too."

I know if I had a friend that was murdered 17 YEARS ago I'd still be mourning the loss and waiting to avenge the fuck who did it.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 5:36 PM

from wikipedia -

'Since Alig and Riggs did not know what to do with the body they put it in the bath tub that they filled with ice. They kept the body from rotting, but after a few days the corpse began to smell. After discussing what to do next (and who should do it), Alig injected himself with heroin. He then cut the legs off the corpse, put them in a garbage bag and stuffed the rest in a box. Afterwards he threw the corpse into the Hudson River".

yeah, make me wanna go straight to a restaurant too...

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2014 7:28 AM

He may be out of jail sooner than he deserves, but if there is any positive news here, it's that upon his freedom he will find himself to be old, washed up, lonely, irrelevant, trying to find a scene that no longer exists.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2014 11:20 AM

Is it the the Hewitt family from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Posted by Chuck | May 7, 2014 4:45 PM

LMFAO The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Family Reunion

Posted by sam | May 7, 2014 4:49 PM

James St James looks like a tub of lard.
These people are famous in their own minds only...nasty

Posted by Anon | May 7, 2014 4:51 PM

I did hear Michael poops and sharts himself because of some condition from having too much Anal in prison.

Posted by hank | May 7, 2014 4:54 PM

Didn't this happen like a hundred years ago? Why does anybody care anyway. Not relevant in the least!

Posted by Steveo | May 7, 2014 5:02 PM

Every ugly mother fucker at that table of horrors should be held accountable for making light of a murderer and it shows how low these outcasts will go for a little bit of attention. Losers!

Posted by Chris | May 7, 2014 5:08 PM

Dude ate dinner and dude said, "it's awful cute and fussy."

Posted by Mr. Foot Fetish | May 7, 2014 5:11 PM

I am surprised that people are fussing over someone who murdered (with Drano) a human being, dismembered him and dumped him in the river.
Funny how he was so OVER when he tried to make a comeback and has since received attention as if he were famous rather than infamous. Mostly by some that weren't even born when Alig and Riggs hit the bottom feeder level of debauchery and abomination.
Yet the media refers to Angel as "a drug dealer". He did not deserve what he got and Alig has done nothing to deserve the praise. The club scene was alive and well before the Limelight.
What's more insane are people who use him for their own media attention. Michael Musto pulped non-news about Alig years into the dude's 17 year stint. Have you read Musto's latest comment in his "Open Letter"?

You not only killed Angel, you basically murdered nightlife.

How freaking shallow is that? Even Alig isn't that dismissive (at least in words) over Angel. If Musto wanted to talk about what Alig did to the club scene fine, but to preface it by glossing across a human being's slauter in such a pathetic, trivial way? Who is crazier? The narcissistic sociopath-murderer who has never and will never be normal or those who leech off Alig's name recognition which is fading. He's 47 he needs to grow up. Club kid friends? Did they never grow up? Clubbing was their golden age? Some of us managed to get in free, be treated like celebrities, and hold professional careers. These people were background drug-addicted clowns and people like Musto who originally kissed his ass, still trying to seem relevant from commenting publicly about someone who is not relevant to the rest of society.

Posted by David Hallen | May 8, 2014 1:31 PM

well,micheal alig if ur reading this i love you,and am unhealthily facinated by you! HOW
i wish you were into women x
Representing Birmingham England.

Posted by sabrina walker | June 7, 2014 8:32 PM

Michael Alig isn't a rave culture icon! It's people like him who destroyed rave culture. It was about Peace Love Unity Respect... not make a buck off of the subculture, become a junkie and murder a poor Latino kid and become a hero...The scene Alig became a part of eventually morphed into the death of the club scene. Today's clubs are nothing like those of the past... Blame drugs, blame the internet, blame social retardation as people would rather communicate by hiding behind a phone or computer screen...

Posted by FUMichael | June 13, 2014 5:47 PM

Michael Alig is a fucking piece of shit plain and simple and it's a fucking joke he didn't have to serve at least 20-25 years to life. If 20 he'd have got out when he was 50.

It's all good, he was done before he went to prison. He won't amount to shit now. No reputable club owner or promoter will deal with him and whoever does is desperate.

Posted by D | June 13, 2014 6:48 PM

What bothers me is all of the accepting people who only hang around him now so they can feel popular. He has almost 32K followers to date on Twitter alone. How can anyone relate to, and feel safe with, a murderer unless there is something psychologically wrong with them?

Posted by David Ross | July 14, 2014 12:15 AM