Posted in metal | music on May 6, 2014

Alberto Scott

Miss May I posted the following message to their Facebook yesterday:

As many of you will have heard, Alberto Scott, a Miss May I fan in attendance at our Webster Hall show on Saturday night tragically died. We were deeply shocked and saddened to hear this news. We are awaiting a full report from the New York Police Department. In the meantime, we'd ask that all your thoughts and prayers be with his family. We have been made aware of a webpage that is raising funds to help pay for his funeral costs. We will be making a contribution and we'd strongly urge others to do so- http://www.gofundme.com/8vjoqc
The exact cause of death is still unknown but stage diving still seems to have been a factor. One commenter on the band's Facebook post wrote: :
I was there when it went down. I'm so upset that a young life was taken away because I remember him having the time of his life. He was stage diving like crazy. He died too young but I hope he died happy around his Miss May I family.
Another says:
He did hit his head stage diving and seemed okay but honestly, until the ME report comes out we know nothing other than the fact that he is gone and everyone here is devastated.
As mentioned in an update yesterday, the venue emailed us to say "the patron in question did not die while stage diving. The patron collapsed while exiting the venue, as video footage and the police corroborate."

Donate if you can. Rest in Peace Alberto.

"As mentioned in an update yesterday, the venue emailed us to say 'the patron in question did not die while stage diving. The patron collapsed while exiting the venue, as video footage and the police corroborate.'"

Well duh they are going to try and save face and deny anything bad happened inside the venue. Just because he hit his head inside the venue (which several eye witnesses have stated) and didn't immediately die doesn't mean it wasn't caused by it. Doesn't mean that collapsing outside the venue wasn't a direct result. Or maybe he had some condition. I don't know. Either way, of course the venue is going to deny anything bad possibly happened during the show. They don't want security, management, the venue, etc to be held accountable at all or be seen in a bad light causing problems,bad press, or possibly getting sued. That's it.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:18 PM

Kinda like Natasha Richardson: injury due to head impact doesn't immediately manifest itself.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:46 PM

RIP

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:51 PM

some died body wipes ass

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 12:59 PM

he shouldve stage dived into hummus

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 1:01 PM

Interested to see what the ME report finds if there was bleeding in his brain. Bad news for Webster hall if it does. I would envision a more stricter no stage diving policy would come into effect in the future regardless if Webster hall is smart about this.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 1:38 PM

this shit again

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 1:39 PM

if security is asking you to leave and you're kicking people in their mouths maybe you're not a "great mosher" but a violent mosher who is a threat. maybe you should calm down before you hurt someone else or yourself. Regardless, the young man obviously didn't deserve to die and may he rest in peace.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2014 3:34 PM

None of that shit happened..I was there when he died...he died in my arms, the security did say that he fell and hit his head stage diving, but then pulled him out of the pit and brought him to the entrance.the tried to see if he can stand by himself do they let him go and he fell straight forward and hit his chin on a step..it all happened to fast for me to catch him and I'm sad that my best friend is gone. I went to pick him up and I just looked into his eyes as he was staring straight forward into existence..I guess he knew that he was gonna die.but I just thought he got hit in the pit really hard and fell and knocked himself out.THAT'S WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!!!!!!

Posted by John Garcia | May 7, 2014 2:15 AM

12:18 - are you implying that the venue is at fault in some way? Do you think any venue wants stage diving kids? Many a venue has been put out of business by some idiot's parents' lawyers suing them for a reward they think they are entitled to.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2014 2:43 AM

Stage diving is for pathetic asshole

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2014 5:58 AM

And I thought only white men couldn't jump...

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2014 9:19 AM

poor guy. RIP in rock n' roll heaven buddy.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2014 9:45 AM

no matter what happened he was a good person. i hung out with him a few times and he didn't deserve that, no body deserves to lose their life. so all you inconsiderate assholes who say he deserved it and are making jokes can burn in hell.

Posted by anon | May 22, 2014 11:11 AM

Rip bro

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2014 1:55 AM

I miss you a lot and i always gonna rememmber you in my heart and you know that u in heaven god is protecting us and you know that evrybody miss u. titi Sandy is good ok i am talking to her and migel graduate i now that you proud of him and he fallow your promies that ya did he make it i now you are happy . migel is good ok and u now that evrybody is good . Emily is good and i always gonna protect them . Casie is good she know about you but is ok we all miss you we love you and you know we are gonna met u in heaven.

Posted by Kiana Santos | June 3, 2014 11:42 AM