Posted in general on May 2, 2014

by Wyatt Marshall

(photo via Vice)
hail satan

In 2012, Oklahoma State Representative Mike Ritze paid to have a statue of the Ten Commandments placed outside the state Capitol. Usually that would be a no-no due to the separation of church and state, but the donation was considered OK as he paid for it with his own money. Seeing open season for religious monuments at the Oklahoma Capitol, The Satanic Temple -- prominent proponents of the First Amendment -- announced it would donate a monument of The Evil One to the capitol building.

The Satanic Temple (who last year tried to adopt a highway in New York City) started an Indiegogo campaign hoping to raise $20,000 to pay for a statue, and, according to Vice, the campaign ended up raising nearly $30,000. The Satanic Temple then hired a classically trained sculptor to make a statue, and it totally rules. Behold and hail. Unfortunately, any chance for the statue to land in front of the Oklahoma State Capitol are stalled while an ACLU suit against the placement of the Ten Commandments statue is resolved.

According to Vice, who spoke with Satanic Temple spokesman Lucian Greaves, the Temple wants to cast a mold so they can make as many copies of the statue they want. You can buy Satan gear at The Satanic Temple's website and, Vice writes, the profits go towards funding the completion of the statue.

Satan needs better abs

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 9:21 AM

The kids are a nice touch.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 9:28 AM

Guillermo del Toro satan helps kids out of mazes

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 9:28 AM

some sort of unified statement on the separation of church and state needs to come from the federal government...too many local government members seem to be confused as to exactly what the country is

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 9:34 AM

A DeathKlok fountain would look very nice in there.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 9:34 AM

they wanna give amuricun history courses to them "mexicans" coming over, so they know "our" history, while simultaneously being completely ignorant of said history themselves...couldn't write it better for a fiction, folks

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 9:36 AM

This could really help tourism in OK.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 9:52 AM

this is an abomination
when HA SHEM returns you all won't be acting so flippantly
shame on oklahoma

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 10:01 AM

^god h8s OK

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 10:20 AM

God is in the Constitution. everybody chill.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 10:27 AM

that's what those mentally stunted fux in OK get! Love it!

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 10:27 AM

HA SHEM? Gesundheit!

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 10:30 AM

liberals want to bawl and whine about statues in courthouses. meanwhile, their president employs an army of religious terrorists to gas people, kill children and rape women around the globe.

ignorance, meet bliss.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 10:38 AM

It will be defaced and destroyed in no time.

Posted by AB | May 2, 2014 10:44 AM

10:38 obama is in no way shape or form a "liberal"...right of center corporatist is the correct label.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 10:52 AM

LOL Obama is right of center where right means left and center means extreme left

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 11:07 AM

LOL @1107

Conservatives/Repubs - between Far Right and Fascist
Liberals/Dems - firmly right of center
Greens - center

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 11:15 AM

LOL 11:15 not even a good troll, just boring

and mad

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 12:11 PM

Begone with you Satan, you smell of fire and brimstone and sit on a throne of lies!

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 12:21 PM

"I'm gonna put on an iron shirt, and drive Satan outta the Earth."

That, BV douches is from one of the greatest reggae songs of all times...c'mon you fuckin' cock rag hipsters, name the song. Oh, you can't...because it has quality.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 1:18 PM

Honestly I feel this statue is fitting for our Governor Mary Fallin. They should put it infront of her mansion.

Posted by anna | May 2, 2014 1:29 PM

whats an oklahoma?

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 1:36 PM

THIS IS WRONG . AND A FALSE god.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 1:49 PM

If I die young, bury me in Satan. Lay me down, on a bed of lies.

Posted by Jennifer Reidel | May 2, 2014 1:55 PM

That satanic temple will be burning along with the rest of you satanists one day. When God returns, do you brainless people honestly think you or satan can beat him?! Ha! Funniest darn joke I've heard all day, God is the Creator of all and can destroy whatever just as quickly! You all better get right with God and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, because the devil will not help you and you will be tortured just the same no matter how much you follow that moron

Posted by Annymous | May 2, 2014 2:18 PM

^^^^

He/she makes a good point.

Posted by E.L. Fudge | May 2, 2014 2:46 PM

How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.”

But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit. Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate:
“Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?”

All the kings of the nations lie in state, each in his own tomb. But you are cast out of your tomb like a rejected branch; you are covered with the slain, with those pierced by the sword, those who descend to the stones of the pit. Like a corpse trampled underfoot, you will not join them in burial, for you have destroyed your land and killed your people.

Let the offspring of the wicked never be mentioned again.

“I will rise up against them,” declares the Lord Almighty.”

The Lord Almighty has sworn, “Surely, as I have planned, so it will be,
and as I have purposed, so it will happen.“

Posted by Isaiah | May 2, 2014 3:03 PM

No matter. That thing will melt when God's lightning strikes it. Again, and again and again.

There is a vast difference between a code of ethics that we already have on the court dockets: "Do not murder. Do not slander. Do not commit perjury." etc. That's the 10 code of ethics (or commandments) in modern American legal terms. It's NOT a religion but a code of conduct - except, of course, for Thou shall honor the Lord thy God," which the satanists could interpret as their own, if they are that delusional, which they are. But a statue of the little it, itself? For every statue of the mental midget satan, there should be people prepared to put up statues of the Lord Jesus Christ, Buddha, and etc.
No satanist ever did good for people - their code of behavior is seeing how depraved them could be - sacrificing little babies to that pea-brained master of delusion, and casting spells to hurt others, which often backfires because evil is just so inept and organically stupid. Never met a smart witch, warlock or satanist. Never been frightened by them, either. Weak wimps - that's all they are. There IS, however, power in the blood of Jesus - and if you doubt, next time a satanist confronts you, just talk about the blood of Jesus. You will see reactions you have NEVER seen before. Some are quite funny, too. The only power satan has over us is our willingness to believe its lies.
Of course - wouldn't it be great if a bunch of Christians just prayed to God and see who then holds true power? satan has failed every single time in such things.

Posted by Erkps | May 2, 2014 4:00 PM

There is a vast difference between a code of ethics that we already have on the court dockets and religion: "Do not murder. Do not slander. Do not commit perjury." etc. That's the 10 code of ethics (or commandments) in modern American legal terms. It's NOT a religion but a code of conduct - except, of course, for Thou shall honor the Lord thy God," which the satanists could interpret as their own, if they are that delusional, which they are. But a statue of the little it, itself? For every statue of the mental midget satan, there should be people prepared to put up statues of the Lord Jesus Christ, Buddha, and etc.
No satanist ever did good for people - their code of behavior is seeing how depraved they could be - sacrificing little babies to that pea-brained master of delusion, and casting spells to hurt others, which often backfires because evil is just so inept and organically stupid. Never met a smart witch, warlock or satanist. Never been frightened by them, either. Weak wimps - that's all they are. There IS, however, power in the blood of Jesus - and if you doubt, next time a satanist confronts you, just talk about the blood of Jesus. You will see reactions you have NEVER seen before. Some are quite funny, too. The only power satan has over us is our willingness to believe its lies.

Posted by Erkps | May 2, 2014 4:04 PM

You religious people amuse me to know end. You spout off from a book written 2000 years ago, by individuals that knew nothing about science or the real world. The bible is a story book, filled with proverbs on how we should conduct ourselves, and let's remember that many of those stories hold up ideals that we would now call horribly barbaric. Yet instead of coming to the realization that you are blindly following a outdated book rather than striving to better humanity. Religion by definition espouses being separatists,"if you don't believe what I believe, then you're wrong." Foolishness! We have evolved past religion or at least more and more of us have, and besides, why would you worship a God who would punish you for not believing in him... That God sounds like a petulant child.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 4:14 PM

this thread has apparently been taken over by tealiban nuts

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 4:14 PM

Hey unlearned rednecks.... The church of Satan does NOT worship satan... they use the name to mock religion. To say that Satenist try to be as depraved as possible and murder babies is the same as saying that Catholics want their women dressed from head to toe with no exposed flesh, every time they leave the house. Wrong religion. You are talking about the practice of devil worship which is a whole different brand of crazy than those that think every animal on earth fit on a boat smaller than my house. Learn something, or don't breed...PLEASE

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 4:28 PM

another evil religion hhmm..

Posted by miguel | May 2, 2014 4:42 PM

Let's get some clarity on what the "separation of church and state" means here. It doesn't mean that all religious symbolism or references are forbidden from public land.

First of all, the statement is nowhere in the Constitution. Religious matters are covered by the First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting and establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." So, the Congress can't make any laws making a specific denomination the official state religion nor is it to make any laws prohibiting religious practice, unless there's a majorly compelling reason to do so (e.g. human sacrifice). Done and done.

The "wall" part is just shorthand for that concept, though the meaning has been bent over the years. Putting Satan or Buddha or Ronald McDonald on government property doesn't amount to religious establishment. Unless there's some obscene or super-sexy stuff going on, the government basically has to treat all displays equally.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 4:51 PM

U idiots think this is a joke. Better start soul serching. When your you better hope u were right

Posted by anon. | May 2, 2014 6:05 PM

JESUS CHRIST IS OUR ONLYY GOD MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS DONT NOT BE TEMPTED BY THIS ARTICLE!!!

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 6:51 PM

I pray to Chickpeadius... The god of hummus.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 7:08 PM

Mr. Foot Fetish fucks Jesus Christ.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 7:15 PM

I heard Mr Foot Fetish is actually one of those jogger people. Wearing polyester clothing and such.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2014 7:29 PM

The kids are a nice touch.

Posted by How to get $250 Chilis Gift Card? | May 3, 2014 2:50 PM

This is a stupid statue no worries though pretty sure this will get vandalized or torn down in no time what a waste of money for the person who paid for this along with the idiots who helped paid lol

Posted by coda | May 7, 2014 6:54 PM

So, how hypocritical is it to write that religious people think "if you don't believe what I believe you're wrong". Isn't that what you're doing? So if believers are "following an outdated book" that speaks of doing "right" by each other and to help the needy, etc. Isn't that words of wisdom to better humanity? And to say the Bible was written by "people who know nothing about science or the real world" is ignorant. Sooo they didn't live in a "real" world? Haven't the living conditions of the human race improved since then? And if it is because of science that we are, who created science and people who made things better? BINGO, GOD, that's who. By the way, the Bible was written by prophets. Look it up.

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2014 3:33 PM

How very sad that you would be so mislead to believe…
" why would you worship a God who would punish you for not believing in him... That God sounds like a petulant child." He doesn't punish for not believing in Him, He's warning us that the devil wants us to NOT believe so we have no hope, and to strip us of faith. That's an old brimstone way of thinking…"you do this or I'll send you to helllllll" I think it's more "children, I love you, don't do this or that because you will suffer for it and the devil wants you to. I want you to be happy". He is wise.

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2014 3:57 PM

God Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior our salvation to heaven.
God created man in his own image to love serve and obey and to be with him in Heaven for eternal happiness. Good only comes from and through God. Evil comes from Satan and he is out to destroy and condemn us to eternal Hell of suffering.He was cast out of heaven because his desire to be God. Because he is and can not be in heaven, he does not want mankind to be with God and have eternal happines. Satan can not create only destroy he is the father of all lies Without God there is no love, no true happiness.

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2014 12:39 PM

God loves us. So he disciplines us. Just as we discipline our children because we love them. And want to keep them from danger as God wants to keep us from danger.. I will pray for you Satanist God loves you and will forgive you. Just try
And feel the peace and love he will give you with grace

Posted by dorraine | June 5, 2014 12:21 AM

Where do you think the word satanic comes from

Posted by dorraine | June 5, 2014 3:57 AM

Y'all Christians been fooled. I seen Jesus hanging out with Lucifer. I seen it.

Posted by Anonymous | June 5, 2014 7:32 AM

I am the one who can raise the hairs on the necks of innocent men
I come from Toledo, but now I live in Davenport
One of the quad cities, if you know where that is
I have a job to do, and I do it well
I have a job to do, and I do it well
I've been called Lucifer
I've been called Satan
But my name is Richard, and you can call me Dick

I've got a job to do
I work at the bank
I foreclose on delinquent loans
I am the one who can send shivers down the backs of innocent men
I have a job to do, and I do it well
Last week we took the farm of some deadbeat farmer
He killed off all of his cattle before we could auction them off
Let me tell you
That sort of thing really pisses me off

Well I've been called Lucifer
Yes, I've been called Satan
But my name is Richard, and you can call me Dick
I've got a job to do, and I do it well
All over this tri-state area

Posted by Anonymous | June 5, 2014 7:35 AM

"They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."

Posted by Yeshua Ha Meshiach | June 5, 2014 8:33 AM

I think this is rediculous has the spirit of insanity been released upon the earth? The day of judgement will be upon us soon and dwoe to all of you who have chosen the wrong path. Repent and be saved before its too late-as time is short

Posted by lucy | August 4, 2014 6:52 PM

This is a nice start, but I think all religions should be represented. In my religion, Jesus and Satan are gay-married.

This is bullshit. When am I gonna get my statue?

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2014 8:49 PM

if a statue like that comes to my town it would be destroyed I can guarantee that!! Fuck you satan and you devil worshipers can fuck off too.Thier is only one god and he is The Lord of all lords and the king of all kings amen.And one day every head will bow and every knee shall bend.Has anyone seen the events that are going on in the world?thier is alot if things in revelations that fit in the times were living in look up RFID chips that in revelations also just one example people are so ignorant to think there is no god.And once again fuck you satan!!!

Posted by Mike | August 9, 2014 6:59 PM

How's this for irony 6:59? In my town their building a statute called "Fuck You Satan," and it features Satan down on all four, with Jesus behind him doing just that.

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2014 7:09 PM

Wow. All i see here in the comments is hate on both sides. "Love your neighbor as yourselves....." Ring any bells Christians? Non believers: You dont believe. We get it. Why are you on this thread defending Satan if the bible is a farce? This entire thread is an example on why most atheists remain atheists. We really should be conducting ourselves with a bit more respect on both sides. There is a fine line between having a riveting discussion and acting like 4 year olds on the playground who cant agree on which toy is the best. Smh at human nature.

Posted by rich | September 20, 2014 3:46 PM