Posted in music | pictures on June 18, 2014

photos by David Andrako

The National / Phosphorescent @ Prospect Park - 6/17/14
Phosphorescent

The National kicked off their three-night run in Prospect Park last night (6/17) with a lengthy set that included favorites from their last four albums (plus a cut from the Cherry Tree EP). As anyone who's seen The National knows, the band go harder than their records would have you believe, but Matt Berninger went extra hard last night, hitting his head on one of the video screens causing him to bleed (as you can see above). Hope you're okay, Matt! There's a different opener every night, and last night's was Phosphorescent whose Matthew Houck joined The National during their encore for "Terrible Love." Pictures of both bands are in this post.

The run continues tonight (6/18) with Lord Huron (a few tickets are still available) and Thursday (6/19) with MS MR (no available tix at the moment, but you can win them). All three shows are "benefit" shows for Celebrate Brooklyn's ongoing season at the venue.

More pictures, and The National's setlist, below...

SETLIST:
About Today
Fake Empire

Santa Clara
Mr. November
Terrible Love w/ Matthew Houck
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

Ugh, this had the WORST crowd at any National show I've been to.

Lots of wall st. bros and people who were totally nonplussed.

I still had fun.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 4:45 PM

Matt is starting to look like Thom Yorke

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 4:49 PM

Set times?

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 4:49 PM

7:00 - Phosphorescent
8:30 - The National

Ended around 10:10

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 4:54 PM

Not enough songs from Alligator.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 4:58 PM

The National actually went on just after 8:15. Crowd last night was lame. Even the people in the front along the barrier were low energy.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 4:59 PM

about today sounded great. and yeah, the crowd was kind of annoying, alot of talking through the quiet songs. but that's expected at those prospect park shows. actually most new york city shows to be honest.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 5:01 PM

fuckin everyone was talking throughout their set… lame as fuck

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 5:05 PM

Did they play that song that starts out like, "YO DJ PUMP DIS PARTY"

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 5:12 PM

The National is the Coldplay of Brooklyn. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Posted by Anonymoose | June 18, 2014 5:14 PM

SO MUCH TALKING

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 5:14 PM

What time does Nabil Ayers arrive tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 5:23 PM

The crowd wasn't actually that bad where I was (1st/2nd row on Bryce's side). From experience, the further you are back in a National audience, the more Wall Street bros. That happened to me at Barclays. My friend almost punched one out because he wouldn't stop talking SO LOUD throughout the entire show. Like someone mentioned, the crowd was kind of low energy last night, until about the encore quite frankly. I didn't mind though. Less assholes trying to push into you when you just want to enjoy "Sea of Love." I kind of lucked out with no one really talking in my direct area. Usually the opposite lately when I got to shows.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 5:48 PM

so much talking but also his voice was just not there

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 5:52 PM

The talking during shows is getting worse and worse in this fucking city.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 6:06 PM

^^^Truth. They've been on tour for a year straight. Need to take a few months off and rest. I enjoyed the show, but I had a better time seeing them at Barclays this go around.

Posted by Doc | June 18, 2014 6:06 PM

Sound was way too low and a bit off. Good show but Matt really needs to turn up the energy earlier in the show. Not just the last 2 songs.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 6:07 PM

Let me guess, the singer walked into the crowd at some point.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 6:30 PM

I can imagine there were some bitter pillz at the park. Posts with park cred angered by The National posts in attendance.

Posted by Mr. Foot Fetish | June 18, 2014 6:36 PM

Anyone expecting The National to have a fun, enthusiastic crowd at this stage in their career is totally delusional. They play safe, mainstream, background music. And LOL at the thought they played "extra hard." The lead singer sips wine on stage for god's sake.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 7:13 PM

Lead singer tossing away his empty white wine bottle... BAD ASS!

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 7:22 PM

How bad were the lines to get in? how early would one need to go to get in for the opener?

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 7:26 PM

I was in the front by Aaron's side and I felt the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd. I told a couple of "ladies" off after hearing way too much talk about how their friend is a brat. Please drown this summer.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 8:39 PM

crowd sucked, we sung along to everything and I pretty much lost it on santa clara, first time i've heard it since last night at the beacon.

Posted by will | June 18, 2014 9:42 PM

Fucking cunts didn't bother to play Abel or Green Gloves tonight.

And unfortunately, the douche factor was high tonight as well.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2014 10:55 PM

John Holmes is a good king.

Posted by Rif Raf | June 18, 2014 11:48 PM

if people talk through your show, your show might just be too fucking boring.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 12:23 AM

well i saw this tour twice in california earlier this year and they were both amazing shows, with basically no talking (from at least where i was standing). maybe nyc crowds just suck.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:37 AM

Saying that a National show lacks energy is like saying Hitler was kind of a mean guy

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 6:45 AM

Damn, Matt Berninger ages faster than an avocado. Anyone think he looks a little like a skinny Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the wine bottle picture?

Posted by E.L. Fudge | June 19, 2014 8:03 AM

Right. But did they play that song that starts out like, "YO DJ PUMP DIS PARTY!"

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 8:17 AM

LOL 8:03 find a picture of him WITHOUT a wine bottle! Fucking rummy.

Also, drunks always walk into shit like glass doors, small children and video screens. Remember when he hurt his ankle because he was too shitfaced to walk on the chairs in the orchestra (was it BAM or Beacon?).

Maybe a 30 day stint at Hazelton and he may stop decaying as rapidly. Drunks always look older than they are.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 8:37 AM

agreed that crowds are starting to really suck, BUT i was very impressed with the crowd at the Sharon Van Etten show last week at Bowery. No one talked and I saw only 2 people take a couple of pictures... it was unreal.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 9:10 AM

^The Strokes show at Capitol Theater was similar... barely any pictures and no talking. it was great.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 9:10 AM

Agreeing with all of this. Since when does The National attract bros? They were out in full force last night, singing the wrong lyrics when they weren't talking loudly about the Hamptons.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 9:50 AM

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 9:57 AM

8:37 take your teetotaling to a different country if you don't like it here.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 10:18 AM

Peter Steele used to actually drink an entire bottle of wine during a show, not simply use it as a prop.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 10:42 AM

I think Matt's drinking could help explain why this band is so fucking mediocre and boring. Drunks are either all agro and violent or they're useless and disconsolate

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 10:54 AM

"He's not "decaying" because of shitty wine. He's just 43 years old. People get older. Crazy, I know."

- moved to NYC 6 months ago from some flyover backwater

- turned 23 last week (yeah!)

- eats at McDonalds 3 times per week

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 10:56 AM

What was their problem last night? You think they'd be far more psyched to be playing their hometown. Bad/practically non-existent stage banter. Didn't introduce most of the band. Barely gracious. This was my third time seeing them, and I can't help think they are just as douchey as most of the crowd.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 10:58 AM

Those of you in the front; how early did the line start?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 11:14 AM

"That happened to me at Barclays. My friend almost punched one out because he wouldn't stop talking SO LOUD throughout the entire show."

But your friend didn't do anything because he's a passive aggressive skinny artisan jam making Greenpoint address having whiny hipster pussy.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 11:51 AM

"You think they'd be far more psyched to be playing their hometown"

Don't most of them come from Ohio or someplace? Mean to say the chicken that became my lunch doesn't count Chirping Chicken as it's hometown.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 12:17 PM

11:51 speaks the truth

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 12:17 PM

.....Not even close. My friend was a girl. Asshole.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 12:25 PM

The National have been attracting bros for a while. But the same could be said for the recent years I have seen Vampire Weekend (worst bros),and even of Montreal (oddly).

It's not so much that they are bros, it's the fact that they are always drunk, rude and obnoxious and push through people like they are the fucking kings of the crowd. Guh they need to go back to Dave Matthews where they belong.

The talking at shows in the city lately really puts a damper on things. Why the hell are you paying 50 bucks a ticket and then talking to your friend about what happened at work that day? Shut up!

Posted by JJamz | June 19, 2014 12:34 PM

10:58 nothing could be further from the truth. They are super nice guys. I've met them outside concert settings and Matt and Aaron are fucking lovely people. I didn't have a chance to talk to the others but I am sure they are equally cool dudes. I am sorry some of you didn't enjoy the show but I would have sold my left boob to be there.

Posted by kelly | June 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Guys, the band is in their 40s. Give them a break. Matt did more of throwing the cups of alcohol and tossing the bottle then the 3 sips I saw him take. If you want glitz and glamour go see Lady Gaga. If you are complaining they're too boring on stage, how are you even there in the first place? The National aren't known for their budding pop songs. Jesus. They aren't going to dance around to "Lemonworld."

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 12:46 PM

@12:40 AGREED! I've met Matt on several occassions and he has always been extremely nice, personable, and just an all around great guy. On that same note I've never heard any 'bad' stories when meeting Matt or anyone from the band. Matt will take the time out to joke around with you, talk to your 7 year old kid. I know from experience.

Do your homework before you start running your mouth.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 12:53 PM

Matt's a super nice guy. When he's sober. Which isn't often.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 12:56 PM

Deprive Matt of alcohol for 3 days, then let's talk about how nice he is to your screaming kid. I'm thinking you won't want to take that bet.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 12:57 PM

Dude, I wouldn't want to deal with your screaming kid either 12:57. I'm sure he wasn't mean to you or your little ankle biter either. When I met Matt the first time we were all on the same plane. He met my mom. Ever since, he always asks how she is. Aaron was sitting behind us and helped her put the suitcases in the overhead compartment. Neither of them flinched when I was in like full fan girl mode either. Quit being nasty and enjoy the music.

Posted by Kelly | June 19, 2014 1:06 PM

1:06 seems mad. You are mad, aren't you?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:08 PM

Dearest Dickhead,

MY KID WAS NOT SCREAMING. SHE IS A FAN OF THE BAND. And you know what? Matt wasn't fucking drunk, he was coming out of a movie theater.

The fuck should I have her listening to Katy Perry instead?

I guess the bros are on the board today and their trust funds got closed down this morning or some shit.

Shut your fucking trap.

It is people like you who ruin fucking shows for everyone else. Go fuck yourself and go cry to your mommy and daddy that your yacht to the Hamptons isn't running.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:12 PM

.....Not even close. My friend was a girl. Asshole.

Then you should have stood up for her by (1) punching him out, (2) yelling at him, (3) politely asking him to shut the fuck up. All the these options are better than doing nothing at the time and then whining on a blog a year later.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:13 PM

LOL 1:12 what a cockfag
Dude, you sound like your drunk

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:15 PM

1:13..Who said we didn't DO anything? I think tossing our beer on him, telling him to shut up a bunch of times, to the point security had to remove him was good enough.

Christ guy, was trying to prove a point. Suck it.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:17 PM

Woah asshole city up in here. Known the guys for years. Used to work with them. If you hate them and their music so much...well, just think about it.

Posted by UltraRadar | June 19, 2014 1:19 PM

@1:15 "Cockfag" said the bro

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:20 PM

somebody throws a beer on me he's gonna have a fun couple weeks recuperating afterward. make no mistake about that.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:20 PM

1:20 doesn't watch many movies, apparently, which is funny since we all know how much kids like watching the same bad movie again, and again, and again

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:22 PM

"- moved to NYC 6 months ago from some flyover backwater
- turned 23 last week (yeah!)
- eats at McDonalds 3 times per week"

-Have lived in NY my whole life
-I wish I was still 23 (yeah!)
-While I don't eat fast food that often, I definitely prefer Wendys

Seen The National 4 times: 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2013. Met most of them in 2011. Nice, normal guys. Great band.

Maybe they had an off night? Maybe they aren't your cup of tea. Which is fine.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:22 PM

LOL people what are you even arguing about here. Go see a show. Enjoy it or hate it. Love Matt or hate him. Love Mick Jagger or hate him. Who cares.

People listen to certain music for a reason. No need to trash each other. Not sure if this is serious or everyone is doing this for laughs.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:22 PM

@1:22
Do you have your old ticket stubs to prove it?
No tickee, no shirtee (as they say)

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:24 PM

What is truly boring is all the people on this blog saying that the National is boring.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:25 PM

1:22 (b) Here's an old one you might remember ... why not sing along now ....

C'MON PEOPLE NOW
SMILE ON YER BROTHER
EVERYBODY GET TOGETHER
TRY TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER RIGHT NOW

LOL

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:26 PM

@1:22 your first grade education is really showing off here. Did you even comprehend what I had written?

Go make your angry crayon drawing now.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:29 PM

"Woah asshole city up in here."

Dang son, lemee get da hoopdie

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:30 PM

This is a fun thread. Very much enjoying the stupidity. Keep it up guys

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:33 PM

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:36 PM

I cum like Peter North. Often in portable toilets. It's just my thing.

Posted by Rif Raf | June 19, 2014 1:37 PM

Matt is not a drunk, it is just an act. Can you imagine how much more boring than would be without the faux drunk shtick?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:37 PM

lol I feel like we are all 13 and arguing about One Direction.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:38 PM

@1:36 what is life.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:38 PM

People always argue on here. I've been away from this blog for years but wanted to see coverage of this show because I enjoyed it thoroughly. And it's clear that nothing has changed.

If people aren't screaming and dancing, others complain that the crowd is lame. If people are screaming and dancing, they are "douchey" and are ruining peoples' good times.

After so many shows, people jump onto BV and whine that it wasn't what they wanted it to be. As if everyone around you should be catering to your preferences. You paid $50 for a ticket to a 7,000 person capacity venue. Manage your expectations.

And as for the jealously over the "Wall St. bros", get over yourselves. Everyone who bought a ticket is entitled to show up, and if anyone is really ruining your experience with outrageous behavior, alert security or better yet, sack up and confront them.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:40 PM

LOL NOW I AM LAUGHING FOR REAL ...

"Matt is not a drunk, it is just an act."

Fucking poser, can't even drink like a man? Is that what you're saying? He's playing dress up, like those stupid ass sausages?

JUST SMH

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:40 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with people disliking their music because not every band is everyone's taste. (I'd think you're crazy but I'd understand) There are plenty of bands that I don't like and people love. Taste is personal. I do however have a problem with those of you who are making personal attacks on Matt. That's unnecessary and they are inaccurate. He's a wonderful guy.

Posted by Kelly | June 19, 2014 1:45 PM

I've known the band for 15 years. Whatever you think of their music, they are all nice and decent people and that includes Matt, who is a loving father and good friend.

Posted by louis | June 19, 2014 1:47 PM

If you act like a drunk, or you are a drunk, and it is a visible and obvious part of the stage act, then pointing it out is not a personal attack. If you dress like a ho' then don't be surprised when guys treat you like a ho'. If you had a daughter you would understand that point, mui claro.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:49 PM

Yay 1:47 thank you!

Posted by Kelly | June 19, 2014 1:50 PM

The National is music for people that find Bruce Springsteen too "out there"

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:50 PM

@1:24

Of course I have the stubs. Is fax okay?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:51 PM

^ just smh

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:52 PM

Who is jealous of Wall Street Bros? That is like being jealous of herpes

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:53 PM

Wall St. bros aren't really the problem. Its the college bros. The ones that have their parents pay their rent and credit card bills. You know, the ones that go to a show to impress a girl, and get mad when the band doesn't play 'that one single.' They think they are all entitled and shit. To what, being an lord of the douches I presume.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:56 PM

1:56 doesn't remember being a college bro. His family and neighbors do though.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 1:58 PM

I went last night, sat outside the venue and listened. Made it to 9:00, then I just couldn't take it any more, so I got up and walked the fuck out.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 2:01 PM

Great show! I woke up refreshed and ready to party!

Posted by Bro #3 | June 19, 2014 2:03 PM

I really like that Game Of Thrones song. Did they do that one, the Game Of Thrones one?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 2:07 PM

walked...
the FU*CK out

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 2:40 PM

to the a$$clown that keeps talking about Matt being a "drunk" or "drunks" in general. Go buy your Ted Nugent tix and get the fuk off this thread. Complaining about a lead singer at a show drinking? Seriously are you fukking 12. Go back and re-read your AA pamphlet or call a sponsor. The vast majority of performers worth their salt are continually banged up on stage and booze is the least of their problems. I guess the years and years of middle and high school musicals you participated in or your failed improv comedy troupe must have solidified your stage presence thus rendering alcohol meaningless. KYS

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 2:51 PM

Bros are the worst. But Dave Matthews Band kinda rocks.

Wish these guys would bro out somewhere else. Like don't bro on me when I'm trying to get my National on.

#donewithbros

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:00 PM

U2 + too much booze = The National

Dude needs to learn to be a professional.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:05 PM

Wow @2:51 is so mad! He seems to be taking this very seriously. He must be a real fun time after a couple pops.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:07 PM

Fuck the music. 30 mg. percocet is real entertainment. Makes all you sopping , wet pussies tolerable.

Posted by Eastside | June 19, 2014 3:14 PM

3:05 - the difference is that U2 actually had something to say, and a boundry pushing streak. The National are like the kid who always colors inside the lines with safe and appropriate hues

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:15 PM

I re-read 2:51's post 3 times, and for the life of me I have no idea what point he's trying to make. That is other than his twisted mental rules of being really mean to others but not spelling out bad words (like that makes it balanced somehow). I'm thinking he could use about a decade of deep therapy to untangle that rat's nest behind his pie hole.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:24 PM

This is a fun thread. Very much enjoying the stupidity. Keep it up guys

Especially enjoyed your comment 1:36, you incredible nitwit

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:27 PM

Passages Malibu really saved my life. I am no longer a fiend.

Posted by Nash | June 19, 2014 3:28 PM

3:27 got trolled, now he's sooo mad grrrrr

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:31 PM

My mind is tight. My cock is heavy.

Posted by Fells point | June 19, 2014 3:32 PM

PCP can truly enhance the listening experience . Highly recommended for the Warby Parker crowd of insufferable twats.

Posted by Blackie O | June 19, 2014 3:40 PM

Oh of course it's GF/FF back for some more grammar advice

Friend, I always took you for a Hunx & His Punx fan ... no wait, you like them both, don't you now? Oh, I know you do! You work it, son. See, I'd call you "girl" like you like, except you have a Y chromosome which is kinda the opposite of girl biologically. But you knew that already, didn't you friend?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:45 PM

Can anyone help me with orgy etiquette ? It's been a while. Do I bring my own towel? Is food provided?

Posted by Codpiece | June 19, 2014 3:49 PM

3:31 is obviously 1:36 and clueless to what the meaning of trolling is

Keep it coming nitwit. I am still enjoying the stupidity

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:50 PM

Your loosing et, GF/FF. Bak 2 joke skool 4 U!

Posted by Your Daddy | June 19, 2014 3:51 PM

This isn't a XX vs XY thing, where you get to make up you're owne definishuns. Dis em LIFE, son!

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:53 PM

GF/FF has been busy on other sites talking about gentrification. He likes to talk about how the city has lost its 'soul'.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:55 PM

trolled
lol

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 3:57 PM

"You want sausage?"

"I think that I'm entitled to sausage"

"You. Want. Sausage."

"I WANT THE #SVGH"

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE #SVGH"

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:00 PM

This hater just makes me so mad. I mean if you don't like the band then don't come on here with your negative statements. How hard is that really? I know that there are other real fans out there. Speak up!

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:02 PM

It's alright to be drunk at a rock show- this isn't the middle east. Just be polite!

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:05 PM

"LOL if it precipitates a response, especially one as angry as 3:50's, it is trolling"

You mean sort of like the original seriously angry response you made at 1:36 to 1:33's comment.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up that you were indeed trolled.

SMH and LOL at the moron.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:06 PM

Hunx? Punx?

Posted by Pencildick | June 19, 2014 4:10 PM

holy cow 4:06 is so delusional
yeah, everything started with you and your cute little post

love,
the easter bunny

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:12 PM

After this let's all go correct grammar on Buzzfeed.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:17 PM

Night 3 tonight! So psyched, can't wait!

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:18 PM

you're not fooling anyone angry man

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:19 PM

Nugent!

Posted by Viceroy | June 19, 2014 4:22 PM

Crazy Eyes!

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:23 PM

The troll started a BIT earlier than 1:33, nitwit. But you never where the brightest kid on the short bus.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:27 PM

Let's recap for the moron

Comment at 1:33

"This is a fun thread. Very much enjoying the stupidity. Keep it up guys"

The very next comment at 1:36 directly responding to 1:33

"Asshole's definition of "stupidity" = anything anyone else thinks, feels, expresses, or observes which does not perfectly align with Asshole's constricted worldview

Asshole's definition of "fun" = assholes don't have fun; assume what is meant is anything that is understood in concept but never experienced"

!:36, i know you are trying very hard here but you cannot possibly be this stupid, right?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:30 PM

LOL trying so hard, adorable

Say, how many times was the word "boring" used in these comments? How about "drunk"? If you find the first instance of "drunk" you may just find where the troll started.

You child ;-)

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 4:34 PM

Hickory Wind

Posted by Lord Baltimore | June 19, 2014 4:47 PM

Yes 1:36/4:34 and all the other comments you made. Try hard to deflect but of course you can;t run from the fact that you highlighted the words 'stupidity' and 'fun' in direct response to the comment at 1:33

Keep trying moron. I laugh at you more and more each comment.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 5:04 PM

Confession: I've written 100 of these comments

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 5:08 PM

Hunx and His Punx am hot. Don't forget Hirsute Pursuit too.

- A person who went to this show

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 5:09 PM

Narcotics have left me hopelessly constipated. Please advise.

Posted by Implant | June 19, 2014 5:11 PM

Secret to happiness: Don't argue with crazy people

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 5:19 PM

Used Acer laptop bought off of Criag's List: $200

Family size bag of Cheetos: $6

Tube of KY lube for those special moments: $5

3-week unwashed white Hanes t-shirt: $2

Thinking that irrational anger expressed to anonymous people is a talent, in the semi-privacy of your mom's basement: priceless

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 5:26 PM

Mom!

Posted by Blue | June 19, 2014 5:43 PM

I left after Clap Your Hands finished up, did they play that song that starts out like, "YO DJ PUMP DIS PARTY!"?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 5:48 PM

Congrats 5:26, self reflection is the first start on the road to recovery

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 6:50 PM

"The crowd SUCKED!!!" - everyone who was in the crowd

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 8:50 PM

6:50, oh 6:50, still trying so hard. so hard.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 10:45 PM

^says the moron who got trolled and keeps coming back for more

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 11:19 PM

^ this dunce is like the mouse that keeps getting his neck broken because he thinks this time he'll get that cheese. WHAT A DUMBASS!! LOL !!! 1!!! 1! 1

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 11:39 PM

Hey, Dinkleberry Stain - how does it feel to be made the FOOL over and over HA HA AHA HA HA HA AHAHAHHAS HAAAAA

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 11:41 PM

If you guys are gonna bicker back and forth can you at least use names so I can easily follow along?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2014 11:48 PM

I am suffering from summer swampass. Very disappointing . May need a powdering. Stench- B- gone.

Posted by Jocko | June 20, 2014 12:02 AM

I was the "bro" - showered, clean-shaven, professional degree, some athletic ability. Pretty much the worst kind of person there is... Sorry I ruined it for everyone. Great show though. Better even than Maroon 5...

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2014 12:40 PM

^ cool story, bro!

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2014 1:57 PM

clean-shaven = neckbeard
professional degree = communications
some athletic ability = sounds fat

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2014 2:04 PM

If 12:40 is white he is the great Satan.

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2014 2:08 PM

FOUR ABOVE ME

In the post city no one is welcome and everyone but comfy momz are miserable.

Posted by Mr. Foot Fetish | June 20, 2014 2:23 PM

^smh @ FF/GF.

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2014 2:32 PM

^ not funny

Time to send that internet persona back down to the minors.

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2014 2:33 PM

Somebody help out 2:04, he broke his shrimping straw and now has all sorts of time and nothing to do

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2014 2:38 PM

its becoming clear that this may be the most important band on brooklynvegan

Posted by Anonymous | June 21, 2014 1:37 PM

Great show though. Better even than Maroon 5, i love!

Posted by acompanhantes | June 24, 2014 10:13 PM