Posted in music on June 13, 2014

Omar Souleyman at BV-CMJ 2013 (more by Amanda Hatfield)
Oman Souleyman

Bad news, Omar Souleyman fans: tonight's show at Glasslands (6/13) (part of Northside) has been postponed till August 6. due to travel issues (maybe this giant storm that is currently drenching NYC?). Dutch E Germ is still performing with a Prince Rama DJ set and the show is now completely free. Tickets from tonight's show will be honored for the new date. For refunds contact Ticketfly.

Sun City Girls, my bitches.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2014 6:28 PM

How does this guy get a fucking visa???

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2014 6:32 PM

BOMB

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2014 8:04 PM

Keep him in Syria. No visa.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2014 8:23 PM

Ask "How does an Irishman get a fucking visa?" if you're gonna complain about people coming from terrorist countries as last I checked the IRA has killed more people than Syrian terrorists, but I'm not gonna blanket label an Irishman coming to the U.S. a terrorist.

'Love the xenophobia in these comments.

Posted by D | June 14, 2014 12:55 AM

BTW when have Syrian terrorists attacked the US?

The IRA hasn't but American Irishpeople have funded the IRA or at least shown moral support publicly and privately.

But they're white so it's ok, I guess.

Posted by D | June 14, 2014 12:57 AM

irishmen shouldn't get a visa neither, but because they're ugly

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2014 9:29 AM

I'm sure it was an explosive show

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2014 9:32 AM

Yeah, those damn Irish blow up everything they can get their hands on. Every time there is a terrorist act I immediately think about a four leaf clover. I would prefer to stop issuing visas to all muslims who wish to enter this country for any reason until the moderate ones (if they exist) stand up against the barbarians who call the shots in their "religion." Keep that motherfucker out of here.

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2014 9:33 AM

^ Fu ck you you fucking anti-American as shole.

America should stop issuing visas to an entire group of people because of the actions of a few? Fu ck that. Islam does not equal terrorism. 99.999999999999etc.% of American Muslims are not terrorists like 99.999999999999etc. of American Irish are not IRA, a point you missed in my sarcastic remark about the IRA. You people have really become fuc king dense lately. I'm too intelligent for you I guess.

Posted by D | June 14, 2014 11:16 AM

Friends, friends, FRIENDS! Let's all focus on something more civil, like the poor grammar above, and fight less. M'kay? Grab a bowl ' your favorite hummus, spread it on a medium-rare, awww, fuck it, rare Billyburger, and take a big sip of STFU.

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2014 2:14 PM

^ It's "Okay?" not "M'Kay?"

You typed an apostrophe in place of the word "of". If you mean O' you forgot the O.

You used commas instead of dashes to sandwich "awww, fuck it" and didn't capitalize the word "rare" to emphasize you really meant that not medium-rare. You used typical lazy text-speak with STFU.

Therefore, you are the LAST person to talk about grammar and syntax.

Posted by D | June 15, 2014 1:54 AM

9:33 nailed it

Posted by Anonymous | June 15, 2014 10:30 AM

9:33pm nailed shit he/she is a xenophobe.

Posted by D | June 15, 2014 6:22 PM

Islam is a beautiful religion of peace.

L U L Z

Posted by Anonymous | June 15, 2014 6:26 PM

i love that your lives are so boring that you have to dream up reasons to hate a really lovely man who is trying to earn money to support his family, who are presently in a refugee camp. I hope all of you can suffer the way the people of Syria are suffering right now, so that you may learn a lesson of what compassion means. And then I hope you all get typhoid and die horrible slow deaths. Then maybe my rent might not be so damn high.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2014 7:10 PM