Posted in music | tour dates on July 24, 2014

By Ian Chainey

Cro-Mags at FFF Fest in 2013 (more by Tim Griffin)
cro-mags

Cro-Mags have a few upcoming shows on the horizon. Along with some stops in Canada and back-to-back dates at Hartford, Connecticut's Webster Theater for TNT Fest, Joseph and company will play NYC's Saint Vitus on October 3 with Heavy Chains and further support slots to be filled soon. Tickets go on sale Friday (7/25) July 25 at noon.

All of the dates along with a video of Cro-Mags in action and Heavy Chains demo appears appear below.

Upcoming Cro-Mags Dates
August 1 - Sneaky Dee's, Toronto, ON
August 3 - Pawn Shop, Edmonton, AB
August 22 - The Loft, Poughkeepsie, NY
August 23 - Blackthorn 51, Elmhurst, NY
August 29 - TNT Fest - Webster Theater, Hartford, CT
August 30 - TNT Fest - Webster Theater, Hartford, CT
October 3 - Saint Vitus, Brooklyn, NY

I would normally rant right about now, but I'm busy reaming some tight little twink in a Yonkers motel. Mmm this boys ass is so tight I can barely stick my tongue up it. Ah well, give him a few rounds to loosen that brown eye up and he'll be screaming D D D D!

Posted by D | July 24, 2014 9:31 AM

is Craig Ahead playing the bass for Cro Mags now? Or is it the look-alike that Harley wanted to stab?

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 9:59 AM

It's heem.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 10:05 AM

Craig is the man.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 10:27 AM

LOL @9:31
Always knew D was a bit off

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 10:28 AM

they should give up at this point

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 10:35 AM

Btw I ran across some news that JJ is finally planning to put out new music under the name "Cro-Mags" - what a fucking joke.

John you need to end Cro-Mags, come up with a new name, and put out new music under that name, because your shit isn't Cro-Mags. Stop using a name HARLEY came up with and a name built on the music HARLEY AND PARRIS wrote.

'Funny how Michael Alago who tried to buy Cro-Mags away from Profile Records has a hand in this new "Cro-Mags" record. Way to backstab Harley and Parris guy.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 11:51 AM

Just keep playing "Age of Quarrel" from front to back over and over again. Sorry, dude, that's all you got.

Noone wants to hear new music, we tried that with Bloodclot and Both Worlds; look what happened with those two bonafide amazing albums.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 2:43 PM

Let's see John Crackpipe has yet to write a song and fronts a tribute band while wearing a wig. Harley still makes new music and raises kids.
John is gay for pay and has his coke dealers do his dirty work. Harley gets busted because by his own admission he's still sentimental about his old material.
Everyone in that band thst is on AOQ is a scumbag. They are all thieves who would fuck each other over for a quarter and a veggie burger.
No winners here but only John is spinning much more bullshit. He told his story to every shit rag and lane blog in the world yet he apparently wasn't there. How can you believe a guy who is that stupid and that bad of a liar.
What kind of skinhead has hair plugs? And who the fuck smokes crack any more. Harley may be retarded to want to play in his own band but John is a poop fetishist, wig wearing junkie

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 3:16 PM

I do listen to a lot of different music no matter what anyone thinks, however, at least I'm not ashamed to admit that I do listen to Twiztid and other psychopathic records music. I'm also not ashamed to stand up for who I am or what I believe in, so it's a big whatever there.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 3:28 PM

3:16 - hairplugs?! lol, I never thought of that - as he does have very "Bieberesque" locks for a 50+ year old.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 3:47 PM

2013 - 1984 = 29
...so get your facts straight before you slag the greatest NYHC band that ever existed

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 3:59 PM

Fake-Mags

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 3:59 PM

9:31am = 10:28am with his homosexual fantasies about me yet again LOL. It's pathetic that I'm that much inside your mind.

What 11:15am said. Finally, a BV commenter with brains like me and who doesn't hug John's balls like me. 11:51am hit it right on the nose. John has been playing the same fifteen or so songs NO ONE in his "band" including him wrote under a name NO ONE in his band including him came up with over and over and over again since 2008/for the PAST SIX YEARS, and not ONE new "Cro-Mags" song.

Michael Alago is a total backstabbing piece of shit, but then again what do you expect from the guy who signed Metallica and White Zombie et.al? He was a sleazoid late '80s-early '90s A&R - always has been and will be no matter how "retired" from it he is.

2:43pm echoes the sentiments of 99.9% JJ Mags fans but needs to clean out his ears cuz those Bloodclot and Both Worlds records suuuuuck.

I wouldn't include Parris as a scumbag on TAOQ. For one, he never did Cro-Mags without Harley. Second, he was well within his rights to do the band after John quit in '88 then well after that in the late '90s-early '00s cuz John did Cro-Mags without him twice in between quitting and Parris doing the band again: 1991-92 including the Alpha Omega and Near Death Experience LPs with Harley, Gabby, Doug, and Dave, then 94-98 with his hack backup lineup including AJ Novello. Note that Parris claims Harley stole music from him and Rob Buckley for AO and Parris never wrote a single note of music for NDE, or he barely wrote for it, and I believe him cuz Revenge is 10X better than AO and NDE on the whole although those albums have two maybe three good songs each.

Posted by D | July 24, 2014 4:01 PM

I am 11:51 and 3:16 (and 3:28, but that was just a joke from the asian juggalo thread) and I copied those from original D threads as an experiment. SO, either D doesn't remember his own writing, or 4:01 is fake D.

Posted by busted. | July 24, 2014 4:05 PM

JJ Mags are played out anyway cuz look at where they're playing in NYC now: a 21+ bar with a capacity of maybe 200-250 tops when they were headlining NYC rooms well more than double that just a few years ago e.g. 600 capacity Bowery Ballroom, 700 capacity Highline Ballroom etc.) I think alot of people are done with them cuz it's the same set and now it looks like he is afraid to put out new music and he plays the oldies cuz that's what sells, thus he's full of shit.

He is the master of revisionist history e.g. he says he is the original vocalist for the band when Eric Casanova was. He says Parris came up with the name Cro-Mags when Paul Dordal a friend of Harley's did or I should say kinda did. Paul suggested "Ape Men" to Harley then Harley said nah "Cro-Mags". He says Parris wrote all the music - wrong, cuz it was always "music written by Harley Flanagan and Parris Mayhew" besides that why would Parris agree to second billing if he was the primary songwriter? Harley was, is, and always will be the driving force behind Cro-Mags. I will say the band doesn't exist without him AND Parris - proof is the first two Cro-Mags records and Revenge with them together DESTROY the two CM records without Parris.

Posted by D | July 24, 2014 4:12 PM

"John Joseph: Cyclist on the scene, philanthropist, author, health nut, master juicer. Oh, and sometimes he fronts a band. He has been known to do that. You know, NYHC legends. No big thing."

Don't forget scumbag who defaced the American flags on the Brooklyn Bridge or replaced them with white flags because he's a 9/11 Truther nutcase.

'Glad BV finally noted he was the cyclist on the scene of the American flag defacement/replacement.

I seriously doubt a guy who on his own Facebook profile "dropped out of gradeschool" wrote those books - try someone ghostwrote them. I'm beginning to think Harley ghostwrote lyrics John wrote as they're similar themes to what Harley wrote.

Posted by D | July 24, 2014 4:18 PM

"D" - Please RSVP to 4:05. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 4:19 PM

Hey dickface 4:05pm I never wrote what was in 3:16pm and I might've written what you posted in 11:51am. If I did thanks for bringing it up. If I didn't you hit it right on the nose with 11:51am. 3:16pm is yet another homosexual fantasy of yours, this time one with John Joseph. Get therapy. You are the same sicko who had homosexual fantasies about me in 9:31pm and impersonated someone responding to that.

Get a fucking life you pathetic human jackass. You're resorting to reposting shit I wrote whenever and making up shit, posting under "D" etc, constantly insisting I'm "Fake D", shut the fuck up already no one cares not even me, I'm just pointing out what a no-life loser you are.

Posted by D | July 24, 2014 4:23 PM

BTW I don't keep track of what I write. You, however, obviously furiously Google what I've written about JJ Mags/Cro-Mags then look for, copy and paste it, making you the biggest no-life loser in BV comments history.

Posted by D | July 24, 2014 4:26 PM

Actually, 3:59pm, you should "get your facts straight". Cro-Mags formed in 1981. 2014-1981 = 31.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 4:31 PM

*33 (2014 - 1981 = 33)

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Looks like someone finally got under D's skin?

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 4:48 PM

Jesus Christ, imagine trying to remember the amount of times you post on this thing? Um, yeah... me neither, cause I'm not a old loser.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 5:32 PM

4:23 is slowly losing his mind. "You didn't post me, you did... no, I did...huh, you did at 11:31, and I posted at 11:45, but if you did, what about who posted at 12:03, huh? Seriously, who was it that posted at 10:00, it wasn't me, was it the "D" that posted at 1:02, but then not at 1:12, but then who posted at 10:00 as fake "D"???..."

What a kook.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 5:35 PM

Finally, a BV commenter with brains like me.
Wow.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 9:14 PM

Let me point out the obvious. Someone went and searched D comments and 'asian juggalo' threads from 2 years ago. Someone is underemployed. That is a lot of effort.

Posted by xTAINTx | July 24, 2014 9:20 PM

NYHC is all a sad sham of rich kids from places like Syosset and Livingston. So fake fake fake. Harley, John Joseph, etc all the same softies.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 10:37 PM

^ as opposed to this fake D fruit, posing as a guy who stopped posting to this site a couple years ago. Yeah, he's completely well adjusted. Oh, and yes we settled that this fake D fool is Foot Fetish and Grammar Fag and Buckeye Shrimper a couple weeks ago. It is an established fact at this point.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 10:40 PM

No one got under my skin 4:48pm, I'm just pointing out that the guy has no life...like you.

I'm not an old loser either, 5:32pm, but if you weren't one you wouldn't be taking a shot at me indirectly like a coward, so actually the only old loser between you and me is you, bitch.

'Know who's the kook? You, 5:35pm (and countless other X:XXs) since now you're playing yet another part, this time the one who's baffled by the who is who.

From hereonin you will be called Sybil.

Posted by D | July 24, 2014 11:15 PM

NYHC = coddled, soft rich kids raised on golf courses

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 11:18 PM

11:15 has the education of a 9th grader. So funny getting this lonely, closet-cased old man riled up over anonymous comments - sorta sad, yet so, so easily entertaining.

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2014 11:37 PM

D, you can say whatever you want about John Joseph regarding his music, but accusing him of doing the Brooklyn Bridge flag thing is totally absurd.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2014 1:15 AM

You aren't riling up anyone including me, 11:37pm, you're just rambling on about your homosexual fantasies about me which include me being a homosexual person which I am not and so what if I was one? What's your problem with homosexual people, you fucking bigot?

1:15pm I don't think it's absurd at all. Out of ALL the people to be present at the scene, John Joseph was the one there. I don't find that incidental at all given his history of railing against the government, being a street person who has done who knows what, etc.

"His music"...that he never wrote. He doesn't even know how to play an instrument.

Posted by D | July 25, 2014 2:31 AM

D, there were plenty of other people at the scene as well. I don't think he could've done it because the Cro Mags had practice that night. JJ runs the mags with a Zappaesque iron fist. 12-18 hours a day of nothing but Age of quarrel songs. Gotta get that shit TIGHT.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2014 3:18 AM

^ Like who? Who else was at the scene? How do you know? How do you know John's Cro-Mags cover band he calls "Cro-Mags" was at practice that night? 'Love how you're providing him an alibi or it sounds like that.

You're most certainly on point about John not working and his Cro-Mags cover band being his sole source of income.

Posted by D | July 25, 2014 4:23 AM

The real D would never accuse someone of having homosexual fantasies about him. That's just not something the real D would say.

Go back to Gawker and correct grammar, sweetheart.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2014 7:35 AM