Posted in music on July 3, 2014

1/2 of The Wrens at The Bell House in May (via BrooklynVegan Instagram)
Wrens

Back in May, The Wrens said their new album is complete, and we've now gotten one step closer to it as the band have posted a 56-second clip of a new song! This clip's actually been cut from the album, but it still gives us hope. Check it out HERE (via Pitchfork). Head below to see what the band had to say...

sometimes you work & you work and you still throw it away 'cause it doesn't fit. This is one of the more recent cutting-room-floor bits, freshly sliced only yesterday. Was originally verses, then verses w/ a diff. chord progression serving as a Pre-Chorus w/ the 12-string picking all through, then dressed down to this v. w/ 12-strings & percussion only coming in at the end etc.etc. Then, it drifts to the virtual floor, a discarded slice of 1's & 0's film...

Tags: The Wrens

Yes, new wrens. But material that has been cut out of a song.

Posted by Anonymous | July 3, 2014 10:05 AM

what in heavens is this shite? crikey. what bloody knob ends and wankers.

Posted by Anonymous | July 3, 2014 10:56 AM

Fuck the Wrens, they owe me money.

Posted by Anonymous | July 4, 2014 12:47 PM

Me too. I bought the Meadowlands. Never ever understood the appeal.

Posted by Anonymous | July 4, 2014 5:12 PM

The Wrens are like the 2012 Yankees - on paper they should be awesome, in practice not so much

Posted by Anonymous | July 4, 2014 5:16 PM

5:12 : I never regretted buying another CD more in my life.

Posted by Anonymous | July 4, 2014 11:06 PM

Not all people can carry out the demand of this kind of work.

Posted by Ellerslie Mission Society | July 7, 2014 8:33 AM

found this here bout five or six years ago. Always had my favorite songs of the more popular type...FASTER GUN, EVERYONE CHOOSES SIDES, SHE SENDS KISSES, but this is the first time I have really gone back and drilled down into The Wrens. Guess The Meadowlands was not published here in full till the last nine months, and am glad for that, cuz the more I listen to it the more I dig it and pick up on the conceptual sound that flows all the way through it. BTW...13 MONTHS IN 6 MONTHS is really good song off this slab and for what it is worth, after listening to the whole album several times I only heard flashes of a couple of other groups...one was in the quieter vocal passages of THIRTEEN GRAND, which conjured a recollection a the vocal sounds of The Donkeys, a SoCal band that I would recommend if you dig The Wrens.

Posted by Serenity | November 4, 2014 5:32 AM