Posted in books | music | tour dates on August 5, 2014

by Ian Chainey

Agnostic Front at Power of the Riff, 2012 (more by Greg Cristman)
agnosticfront

After saving This is Hardcore Fest by filling in, Agnostic Front sit atop the first round of announced bands at East Coast Tsunami Fest 2014. The initial lineup posted on Stereokiller not only includes the NYHCers, but bands such as Ignite, Sick of it All, Cro-Mags, and. . . Obituary. Makes sense when you think about it. Anyway, the fest takes place on September 26 through September 28 at Reverb in Reading, Pennsylvania. Ticket information will be announced soon. Full lineup below.

Agnostic Front and many other hardcore bands, including Bad Brains, Gorilla Biscuits, Bold, Born Against, Judge, Misfits, Murphy's Law, Quicksand, Rorschach, Sheer Terror, Sick of It All, Youth of Today and still more, have also been interviewed for the new book NYHC: New York Hardcore 1980-1990 that's coming out on Bazillion Points in November. The Tony Rettman-authored oral history takes on the formative decade and apparently goes pretty deep. According to Bazillion:

Tony Rettman's ambitious oral history captures ten years of struggle, including the scene's regional rivalries with D.C. and Boston, the birth of moshing, the clash and coming to terms of hardcore and heavy metal, the straightedge movement, and the unlikely influence of Krishna consciousness.
That thing must be longer than John Joseph's resume.

Full East Coast Tsunami Fest lineup, along with classic Agnostic Front (plus Sick of it All and Gorilla Biscuits) live footage, below...

East Coast Tsunami Fest 2014 -- Lineup
Reason To Fight
Next Step Up
Coldside
X's For Eyes

NYHC and FLDM sittin in a tree K I S S I N G

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 9:43 AM

Please ensue hilarity which is "D" and his comments/rant on: Selling out, SOIA not keeping it real, Paul of Sheer Terror answering him on this blog, DMS beating him up, the benefits of working at Shop-Rite, why living in his grandmas basement is great for a budget etc...

Fun, fun, fun.

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 10:02 AM

meathead fest

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 10:37 AM

10:02 LOL, that about sums it up.

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 11:02 AM

My man D gonna reign P upon y'all, you just don't even know! He got the D full of P.

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 11:21 AM

Hey guys I'm really sorry for being so upset all the time. It's gotten ridiculously out of control. I need to be loved just like everybody else does. Will you come home with me?

Posted by D | August 5, 2014 11:43 AM

Ahhhh the three hasbeen bands.

Sick Of It All. The band with exactly ONE good lp: their first lp released 25 years ago, and it wasn't even really an lp, it was mostly re-recorded demo and 7" songs. Them minus Europe equals them breaking up before 2000.

Agnostic Front. The band whose last good studio album was released 27 years ago. The band who has changed their sound to keep up with the trend ever since One Voice.

Thank these two asshole bands for DMS for they propped up their DMS roadies' bands. Good job. Not only do you let these assholes exist at shows and give them jobs as roadies, you legitimize them by propping up their bands (Crown Of Thornz, H20, and 25 Ta Life who were the worst three things to happen to NYHC besides Madball.)

Cro-Mags. The Cro-Mags cover band John Joseph passes up as the real deal when NO ONE in the band wrote the music let alone came up with the name.

Irrelevant hasbeens. All done by 1993 yet still hanging around. SMH.

Posted by D | August 5, 2014 2:23 PM

Here's what's really sad about these three, Madball, and Murphy's Law:

They're all gonna exist for another two decades cuz they got nothing else going on in their lives money-wise and Europe is too fucking stupid not to tell them all it's time to hang it up like the US has told them from their pathetic US album sales.

I DEFY these three to stop playing their '80s shit and stand on their '90s on shit. Do it. Let's see what you're really made of. Fuckin' Lou Koller singing "Pushed Too Far" at age 45. 'Talking about "beating up kids weaker than you" motherfucker you're pushing 50 singing shit you wrote when you were fuckin' 18 you meatball. Grow the fuck up. Oh yeah, SOIA and AF don't play Europe for three years either. What would you do?

BTW that '91 superbowl (SOIA/AF/GB video) was WACK. Everything that was wrong about NYHC back then was on that tape.

Posted by D | August 5, 2014 2:35 PM

^ eat a bagga Ds

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 2:38 PM

Oh yeah I've created a new email address - here it is:

dfromthebvreturns@gmail.com

(I closed dfromthebv@gmail.com)

Let's see if someone other than XTAINTX hits me up this time since NO ONE besides him hit me up last time.

I accidentally set up this account as a UK one so it says "Bin" instead of "Trash" lol.

Go to it.

Posted by D | August 5, 2014 2:45 PM

LOL, retard is hoping people will email him! What a weirdo.

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 2:50 PM

^ Nah I'm not "hoping" people will email me, dickface, I'm saying I created an email, here it is, and you won't write me.

Posted by D | August 5, 2014 2:53 PM

D, what hardcore bands do you actually currently like nowadays? I'm genuinely curious since you seem to be a real aficionado of the genre, and that I have never seen you mention any bands that are (still?) good by you.

Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 2:54 PM

2:54 - who cares.

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 3:32 PM

2:45 - what a weirdo. Creating emails so people can email you?! What are they going to ask you - questions about NYHC/DMS, the reason why Lou from SOIA cut off his rat-tail? We are already subjected to your crazy/paranoid tirades here.

So creepy/lonely. Go join a book club or something..

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 3:49 PM

D is BV's own Soup Nazi

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 4:09 PM

2:53 - yeah, dude, I'm sure everyone on this blog is excited to email a paranoid schizophrenic sad fuck.

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2014 6:36 PM

^ who has your panties in a twist so much you're calling me names, so what does that make you bitch?

Just over nine hours after I created the email address no messages in my inbox for the second time, NOT ONE, just like I thought you chickenshit bitches.

You toughguys talk a big game on here but when I post my email you're nowhere to be found. I know at least one toughguy out there read what I wrote from 2:45pm on.

I'm closing the account right after this comment.

COWARDS.

Posted by D | August 5, 2014 11:50 PM

3:32pm doesn't care. 3:32pm is also 2:50pm, 3:49pm, and 6:6pm cuz his emails are all similar. No-life bitch and a no-nut one too cuz he didn't write me directly.

3:49pm is the weirdo wondering about Lou SOIA's rat tail. A man curious about another man's hair style. There'd be nothing weird about asking me about NYHC/DMS save to a nerd who has no clue about NYHC like you.

You're pretty lonely for replying to me. I mean why reply? Go talk to someone instead of whine about me or something bitch.

2:54 I don't like anyone. They're all bad imitations of the real thing. None of them have any something more about them, personality, or balls to speak out and call out people. Hardcore 2014 is irrelevant. Look at all the fests, like hardcore is something festive - fuck outta here with that Woodstock shit.

Posted by D | August 5, 2014 11:59 PM

Everyone tells you to fuck off here. Why the fuck do they need to email you to tell you the same fucking thing? You have delusions of grandeur and are a pretentious piece of shit. Do I need to email you to make sure you get this? Fuck outta here....

Posted by Anonymous | August 6, 2014 12:48 PM

11:59 - what a typical ignorant answer. What do you expect from this GED havin' lug?

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2014 10:55 AM

u guyz have no idea how fat i am

Posted by bartoloedge | August 8, 2014 10:57 AM

CityFest 2014 will have some hardcore bandz scoring a hardcore film.

Posted by Mr. Foot Fetish | August 8, 2014 11:45 AM

I weep 4 u buckeye

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2014 12:13 PM

ABOVE ME

Don't take this website so personally Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2014 12:13 PM. You're obsessed.

It'll be over soon enough for us BV'ers unless they switch to a kid-friendly restaurant format.

Posted by Mr. Foot Fetish | August 8, 2014 12:39 PM

Don't cry for me Buckeye Shrimper
The truth is I never left you

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2014 12:42 PM

I love sick of it all

They are the greatest band since ABBA

Posted by Brian Cruz | August 14, 2014 1:43 PM