Posted in dance | music | tour dates on August 17, 2014

Darkside in Chicago in January (more by Brigid Gallagher)
Darkside

Nicolas Jaar and Dave Harrington have announced that their collaborative project Darkside will be coming to an end ("for now") this year. Their "last show" will take place in their hometown of NYC on September 12 at Brooklyn Masonic Temple, a smaller space than their last show here at Terminal 5. The show will be opened by Valentin Stip who's signed to Nico Jaar's label. Tickets are on sale now. Their only other US date is FYF Fest. They've also got some international dates which are listed below.

The band have also released two songs recorded while they made their LP, Psychic, which didn't make the cut. Stream those (one appropriately called "Gone Too Soon"), with the list of dates, below...

Darkside - "Gone Too Soon"

Darkside - "What They Say"

Darkside -- 2014 Tour Dates
8/17 Budapest, HU Sziget Festival
8/25 Los Angeles, CA FYF Fest
8/27 Pula, HR Dimensions Festival
8/28 Zurich, CH Zurich Openair Festival
8/31 Cesme, TR Orange Date
9/2 Istanbul, TR Orange Date
9/4 Vilnius, LT Loftas Fst
9/5 Berlin, DE Berlin Festival
9/6 Newport, GB Bestival
9/12 Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn Masonic Temple

woah...bummed no new music but this show should be sick!

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 1:59 PM

All the good bands break up..

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 2:22 PM

Just got my ticket. Wont be missing this.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 3:03 PM

ticket purchased. fuck yeah this is going to be magic.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 4:27 PM

anyone know how to get a ticket? the link says GA tickets are sold out. need a couple really bad if anyone has any suggestions.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 6:16 PM

This sold out already? Fuck this bullshit

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 6:25 PM

^ ^ check again they appear to be on sale ~

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 7:25 PM

it's still telling me sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 8:38 PM

hello, how can I hype you?

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 9:16 PM

yea, need a couple really bad if anyone has any suggestions.

Posted by massagem tantrica | August 17, 2014 9:16 PM

my suggestion is find a fucking seller who's gonna have to go to will call with your sorry ass.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2014 9:42 PM

I WON'T MISS THIS. TOTALLY SHOWING UP IN MY HIPSTER DISGUISE AND GROUCHO GLASSES.

AND BY THE WAY "D"

IS THIS YOU BEING OUTED?

CAUSE WHEN I BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF MUTHAFUCKAZ, I LIKE TO KILL 3 BIRDS. NIGGA, ARE YOU READY TO TAKE A COLLECT CALL?

Posted by CRACKA | August 18, 2014 12:02 AM

^ likes to yell in the faces of little children until they cry

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 12:27 AM

The REAL Darkside from NYC formed in 1992.

This one can eat shit - glad they're breaking up.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 12:32 AM

^^^ LOL U MAD

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 1:26 AM

^ No. U MAD (no question mark.)

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 2:15 AM

^ Wading River lax 4-ever, dude!

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 7:42 AM

is this sold out or not?

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 10:08 AM

Yep it appears to be sold out...

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 10:54 AM

lol, is Darkside NYC really upset someone called their band Darkside?! Seriously, you need to get a life and refund those 19 people that bought your 2 CD discography you never put out.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 12:37 PM

12:37 - the ultimate hardcore messageboard troll who never leaves the Brooklyn Vegan comment area. Trying hard and failing, more amusing than anything on this website

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 1:34 PM

So according to some of you on here, it is ok for a band to take another bands name...even when both bands are in the same city?

SMDH.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 1:39 PM

Check facebook.com/darksidenyc and see the so-called "real" Darkside tell everyone who preordered the Darkside double cd release they're not putting out anymore to write them for refunds, when they, Darkside NYC, should be writing those people and cancelling the transactions. 'Guess they're too lazy and inconsiderate to do that and wanna make money for nothing cuz I can't see everyone who preordered contacting them.

They come off like total douchebags about it, too. They're laughably saying they're getting too many requests to play out LOL yeah right from who the voices in your heads? One of these Darkside NYC losers even said he offered to fight Darkside for the name in true 40+ year old NYHC meathead fashion.

Hey "Darkside NYC" if you're gonna talk shit about Darkside at least have your shit together to put out your own cd like the REAL Darkside had their shit together to do what they did.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 3:26 PM

1:34 how am I a troll when it's the truth? Go to the Darkside NYC facebook and read it for youself.

Clown.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 3:35 PM

Darkside Facebook: 118548 likes

Darkside NYC Facebook: 10965 likes plus this gem of a comment on there by my guess the meathead vocalist:

"Darkside NYC - I said I'd fight both of em for the name. Don't they wanna take me on? I'm just a 40-something out of shape dude standing between them and a big pile,of future money. HAHAHAHAHA But that's the difference - I'm not about the money. This is real life shit."

A pic of a festival Darkside played recently:

A pic of a show Darkside NYC played recently (complete with blue bandana under the meathead vocalist's cap - is he a Crip or something?)

DARKSIDE WINS.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 3:39 PM

Here's what I found in a trademark search for Darkside on uspto.gov (you'll find the same if you just do a basic trademark search.) Note the disclaimer which says "NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "NYC" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN" which means if Darkside wanted to add "NYC" to the name they could provided it isn't identical to the Darkside NYC mark.

And you know they filed a trademark for their name on 10/7/13 (almost TWENTY ONE YEARS after their 1/21/92 date of first use/first use in commerce) so they could shake down Darkside for money they're not winning dollar one from. Hence their meathead singer resorting to challenging them to a fight for the name (the last vestige of the truly weak/weakminded.) 'Love how the Published for Opposition date is April Fools' Day 2014 - fools is right LOL.

Hey fellas why'd you finally trademark the bandname on 10/7/13 exactly two weeks before the 21st anniversary of first date of use in commerce (10/21/92), huh? So you could get money out of Darkside who built their name over several years while you did shit for many, many years, what else?

Word Mark DARKSIDE NYC
Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of live performances by a hardcore punk rock/metal band; Entertainment, namely, live performances by a musical band; Live performances by a musical group; Production of musical sound recording; Production of musical videos; Production of sound and music video recordings; Providing a website featuring information in the field of music and entertainment. FIRST USE: 19921021. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19921021
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86084436
Filing Date October 7, 2013
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition April 1, 2014
Registration Number 4550844
Registration Date June 17, 2014
Owner (REGISTRANT) Satan Wears Suspenders Inc. CORPORATION NEW YORK P.O. Box 340372 Brooklyn NEW YORK 11234
Attorney of Record Michael J. Zussman
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "NYC" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 3:54 PM

What are my options for getting tickets to this thing if it's already sold out. Should I just begrudgingly accept that I'm fucked?

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 4:12 PM

Darkside NYC is asshurt over Darkside using the same name (most likely not knowing who the fuck Darkside NYC was) and doing wayyyyy more with it than Darkside NYC.

Darkside NYC files for a trademark for the name over two decades after first use of the name in commerce no doubt to try to get money from Darkside after seeing Darkside is successful.

Darkside NYC, grown fortysomething men, resorts to challenging Darkside to a fight for the name like the fortysomething bullies and manchildren they are.

Darkside still roundly and soundly defeats Darkside NYC whose Facebook should be bombarded by Darkside fans demanding they change the name.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 4:15 PM

@4:12pm You can always go to a Darkside NYC show instead. Plenty of tickets to see them oh wait they're not playing shows anymore and if they no tickets are sold just pay cash LOL.

facebook.com/darksidenyc

Hey Darkside fans bombard the above Facebook and DEMAND these parasites (who filed for a trademark of the name "Darkside" last October and got it this June 17 to shake down Darkside for money) change their name.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 4:22 PM

From the Darkside NYC page:

"I said I'd fight both of em for the name. Don't they wanna take me on? I'm just a 40-something out of shape dude standing between them and a big pile,of future money. HAHAHAHAHA But that's the difference - I'm not about the money. This is real life shit."

These dudes are funny. They don't give a half a fuck!

Posted by Hahaha | August 18, 2014 4:46 PM

^ Hey dummy someone reposted that already :) but I hear ya it's funny as shit.

40+ year old men challenging twentysomething men to fight for a bandname SMH.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 7:09 PM

You must have a lot of time on your hands to write so much about a band you hate

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2014 7:19 PM

We own the trademark. The ball is in our court, isn't it? We ALREADY had a 22-year old common law right to the name specifically in the New York territory. Federal protection obviously is stronger and extends to all 50 states. Don't kid yourself. The USTPO assigns an attorney to review the evidence and there's a 30 day opposition period. Why didn't Nicholas Jaarkoff or his label file an opposition? We're legit. Choke on it.

And there were at LEAST 37 pre-orders... 19? Come on. It'll get released whether you think we are inconsiderate douches or not.

The voices in my head are legion, and do not ever ask me to play shows. As for my head, there is a considerable amount of meat; and also a bit of skull, brain matter, nerves, dendrites, even a few follicles that still sprout. It is also hard as hell. One day we'll get our shit together, and maybe one day you'll come out of hiding,, and I will split your face wide open with just my head. At that point, you can REALLY call me a bully and a tough guy and whatever else.

Then there's this:
"Darkside NYC is so hardcore they trademarked their name via a lawyer complete with a corporation and hilariously think they own the trademark on Darkside when THEY TRADEMARKED "DARKSIDE NYC" WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM DARKSIDE. Idiots."

How should one legally trademark a name? With a bus driver?
And you may want to re-read what it says, shit-for-brains:
Allow me to interpret that for your special ed ass. it means we essentially own the name "Darkside" for the category described. (You can't trademark a city, you buffoon.)

Q: "Hey fellas why'd you finally trademark the bandname on 10/7/13 exactly two weeks before the 21st anniversary of first date of use in commerce (10/21/92), huh?"
A: "Because we can."

For the record, we aren't interested in Nicholas Jaar's trustfund. His arrogance and sense of entitlement is laughable, and his popularity quite puzzling given the horrendously boring music he makes, but to each his own. I write and play the kind of music I've dug for 30+ years. Don't give a shit who else likes it. We all have real jobs. This is purely for our own entertainment.

I hereby restate my challenge to the two eunuchs to fight me for the name. I was born and raised in Brooklyn; I don't claim a city I lived in for 2 years or less.

All the bullshit comments about us on here look like it's coming from the same person, who is of course too pussy to use a real name. You aren't confrontational in real life. Don't pretend to be that online.

Posted by REAL DARKSIDE NYC. | August 19, 2014 1:38 AM

Musically, both Darksides are fucking cornballs but at least the real NYC version knows the former glory of L'Amour, which most of the ersatz "Brooklyn" dipshits do not so I ride the "REAL" one this time. We'll go down to Karam for chicken schwarma afterwards.

Posted by Malefficient Vaginator | August 19, 2014 2:20 AM

So many retards...

NYC Darkside are goofy but amusing and harmless; they probably fucked your mom and I've fucked there's; good timed all around.

Matador Darkside are dogshit,

BOTH Darksides-- NYC and Matador-- pale in comparison to the Spacemen 3 sideproject Darkside, whose first album came out in 1990...

I suspect NYC Darkside did not know this, traveling in a different world... the Matador Darkside SHOULD have known this and tho' though band was long dead, thought twice about their name...

But "thinking" isn't their strong suit, obviously.

Hey Darkside NYC, did any of you used to work at Carvel?

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 2:26 AM

^ Bullshit. Darkside NYC existed 1992-98 and have barely played out since their breakup in '98, SIXTEEN YEARS AGO. They never toured. The only thing they put out after their breakup was a posthumous discography cd in the late '90s/early '00s. They have their shit together enough to collect pre-orders for their self-indulgent/important/absorbed double cd (seriously, what band puts out a double cd that isn't a discography or studio-and-live album?) but not enough to actually put out the double cd. Now they're asking people to request refunds on those preorders when they should be cancelling all transactions themselves.

Also, Darkside NYC and Darkside - different names, and there has been no confusion between the two whatsoever. Darkside NYC would benefit from the confusion more than Darkside as wayyyy more people would come to DNYC thinking it's Darkside than vice versa.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 10:40 AM

You don't own the trademark to "Darkside" only "Darkside NYC", buffoon...and dumbass. Cuz a smart person would trademark "Darkside", too, not just "Darkside NYC" like your dumbass. Again why did you file for a trademark of the name on 10/7/13 two weeks shy of TWENTY-ONE YEARS to the date of your first use of the name in commmerce date (10/21/92)? 'Love how you dodged that question and since you don't want to answer it, I'll answer it for you: So you could shake down Darkside for money, what else?

Why not sue Darkside for use of the name? You went so far as to trademark the name for $325 plus attorney fee, why not go for the gusto? Cuz you have no legal legs to stand on. BTW Spacemen 3 had a side project called Darkside and put out an album two years before Darkside NYC formed - did Spacemen 3 bitch about you guys? No so STFU about stealing names, hypocrite.

Look at you threatening me with violence. You've officially sealed the deal that you are nothing but a whiny bully meathead, and a fortysomething one at that. SMH and SAD.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 10:56 AM

Hey "THE REAL DARKSIDE NYC"

Instead of challenging Darkside to fight you for the name why don't you show up to their last NYC show to take the name, toughguy? Since you want the name so bad.

Seriously, you want the name all to yourself, come get it. Darkside doesn't have to come to you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 11:44 AM

LOL people arguing about the bandname of two JV sausage "acts"

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 12:44 PM

Tales from the Darkside, remember that show?

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 1:18 PM

11:44am throwing down the gauntlet haha.

Rich is a punk bitch, always was, always will be.

Remember when you had a mullet? Fuckin' longhair.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 2:20 PM

Yo Rich the above is me John T. - you remember me you bitch. Maybe I'll see you around sometime.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 2:22 PM

Wait, guys, use the name field, it's hard to follow this.

If I follow correctly, 1:38 AM is Rich, 2:20 PM is John T. (according to 2:22 PM), and who is 2:22? Where does D fit into all of this?

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 2:38 PM

Hey everyone just a head's up:

Rich O'Brien vocalist for Darkside NYC has always been a wannabe toughguy. I see he hasn't changed at all.

Rich you're what? 43-44 and challenging people to fight for a bandname? Grow up.

Posted by John T. | August 19, 2014 2:42 PM

2:22pm is John T. - read what he wrote.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 2:50 PM

Oh yes, you are right, I misread it as him saying the guy above him was John T. - alright we've got our players, let's see how this plays out!

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 3:17 PM

Chest all puffed out, acting the fool on an anonymous internet blog

Do you assclowns have to do chores in order for mom to allow you to keep living in her house at your age?

HC is for pussies

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2014 3:22 PM

^ Says a pussy posting anonymously. Shut up pussy.

Posted by John T. | August 19, 2014 5:15 PM

HAHAHA I never realized I inspired this much hate. Funny, cause for all those years I hung out and went to shows and got along with pretty much everyone. Now I'm supposed to believe there's all these guys from 25 plus years ago thinking I'm a "punk bitch" but never having shit to say. Ever. Until THIS thread popped up. NOW it all suddenly comes out! Pfft.

How bout this theory: this is all being written by one dude - who doesn't really know me - trying to get a rise out of me. It's equal parts annoying and amusing.

And I don't know who "John T" is, so shut the fuck up or make yourself known. You have wayyyyyy to much time to waste researching shit and writing nonsense. I don't "wannabe" a tough guy at all, but I'll back up anything I say or do in real life. How bout you give it a shot?

Posted by REAL DNYC | August 19, 2014 5:52 PM

I gotta go back and read everything, but 1:38 AM seems to actually know what he's talking about re: USPTO and trademarks. If I'd had any idea this converaation was going on I'd have trolled it a while ago.

Posted by Trademark Atty, and an unnamed BV troll | August 19, 2014 7:05 PM

This reminds me of the time back in the 90's when UK techno act Marauder and our own lovable DMSers, Merauder, met in Tompkins Square park to battle for the name.

Posted by Beer Terror | August 19, 2014 8:42 PM

Hey Richie Rich / Bitch O'Brien I already made myself known jerkoff.

Alot of people from back in the day don't know who the fuck YOU are. You're not as well known as you think fuckface.

Bottom line is you're a 40+ year old man challenging total strangers to fight you for a bandname and challenging me to fight you over BV comments. That's you. Wrap ya head around that, lunkhead.

Posted by John T. | August 19, 2014 9:15 PM

Hey Trademark Atty

I hope no one hires you to be that because Darkside NYC is not ownership of the name Darkside which isn't ownership of the name Darkside NYC or confusing anyone.

Darkside
Darkside NYC

Two different names/bands.

Rich registered Darkside NYC to shake down Darkside, it didn't work, and now he's resorted to challenging them to a physical fight.

He's also butthurt that Darkside did more in a couple of years than his Darkside NYC did in 22.

Posted by John T | August 19, 2014 9:22 PM

"Since when have you backed up your toughguy words? Never. You haven't fucked up a single person in hardcore. Ever. Name one. You can't. Bitch."

Nigga you need Jesus

Posted by REALLY? ARE YOU ACTUALLY THIS DUMB | August 20, 2014 12:13 AM

D is that you?

Can I call you Scott?

When's your next record coming out

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 12:32 AM

Fake internet tough guy commenter assuming multiple identities and talking shit to a real dude but never stepping up to say it face to face. Keyboard warrior of NYHC.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 9:40 AM

Rich is a punk bitch, always was, always will be.

Remember when you had a mullet? Fuckin' longhair.
-------------------------------------------

Wow, whoever this dude is , is definitely bugging , i don't think he really knows Rich at all ,He never had any enemies for all the years he has hung out and if you had so much to say about his haircut or that he was a metalhead 20 years ago or that he is a pussy you have had ample opportunity to make that clear to him ,the real reason is because you know you wouldn't stand a chance of fighting him ,I can honestly say i have seen him KO people with one arm in a cast . And what is wrong with him sticking up for his bands name.We had to fight for our bands back in the day and play where ever we could in a hostile environment , so why wouldn't he stick up for it now??

Darkside the hipster band didn't look far for the inspiration for name for this project it seems a boring watered version of "darkside of the moon" but i guess they knew better than to cross Pink Floyd ,
And lets face it BV is a part of the SPIN magazine conglomerate which sells ad space , it would be my guess that there is money coming in somehow from this bands label or they buy ad space for their shows. The only time BV reports about the hardcore scene is if its about something negative like the Cromags beef other than that they could give a shit. They only propagate gentrified NY artists , If Williamsburg didn't become the amusement park it is now BV wouldn't have anything to report, I think this malaise is beginning to sink in
among a lot of the artists who have been here before , They haven't ever mentioned about any hardcore shows at Grand Victory or really anywhere else but they will report that "Silent Barn" put up some shitty tent to serve beer it's fucking mindblowing.Also with a name like Brooklyn Vegan you'd think they'd be smart to realize that Hardcore music was the first to champion Veganism in music.
One of their photographers was at Black Sabbath bragging about being a photographer for BV and one of the members of my party suggested smashing his camera.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 10:09 AM

^ Dude STFU.

1. Rich never "KOed" anyone with or without a cast. He is not a toughguy. He's a fortysomething challenging total strangers to fight him for a bandname thus needs to grow up and you're an idiot to think assault and battery, a crime, is the way to get a bandname back when it's not. The only way to get back the name Darkside (if you feel it was taken from you) is to sue Nicolas and/or Dave for the name and win it in court. That's what an adult, a lawabiding citizen, and a real person does.

2. Darkside did not get their name from Darkside NYC. Darkside NYC existed 1992-98, Darkside formed in 2011, 13 years after DNYC broke up and 2-3 years before Darkside NYC came back as DNYC didn't play shows in 2011, 2012, or I think 2013, too. Even if DNYC played shows in 2013, Darkside was an established band of two years by then, so one could argue DNYC came back in 2013 to try to capitalize on a band using a similar not same name, cuz Darkside is not Darkside NYC.

3. You are truly clueless about BV's coverage of hardcore shows in the city. They cover most if not all of them. BV hasn't mentioned hardcore shows at Grand Victory because whoever has been booking those shows hasn't told BV about them besides that the ONLY GV shows worth mentioning are the Antidote/Beyond show earlier this month and Negative Approach later (8/30.)

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 12:43 PM

Looky what I found: a Wikipedia page about a band called The Darkside created by members of Spacemen 3 in 1989, three years before Darkside NYC formed:

So Rich O'Brien/Darkside NYC should shut the fuck up about how Darkside stole their name from them when (Rich/DNYC) stole the name from The Darkside who according to their Wiki page put out an album a year 1990-92 and ep a year 1991-92, and three singles in 1990, 1991, and 1993. Fucking hypocrites.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 1:00 PM

The Darkness > The Darkside > Darkside > Darkside NYC

Oh, and my ass crack > all of them

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 1:38 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 12:43 PM

This person disputing what i am saying was definitely "not there", and there are enough people out there who know what i'm saying is true and that what you are saying is not. Anybody can base their facts on internet bios.
Your defending of DARKSIDE(hipster) and BV at the same time and trying to discredit anything i have said makes you look like you are part of the BV hype team here.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 3:05 PM

^ take it to Gawker, GF

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 3:14 PM

The fake internet tough guy keyboard warrior with multiple personalities who keeps trying to sling insults at Darkside NYC and Rich is the most hilarious part of this thread. Only a desperate loser would keep going and going. Face it, you've got nothing. I'd pay a large sum of money to see this dork confront Rich with the same words face to face. Unfortunately, it'll never happen because this dude is only a badass at home.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 3:31 PM

^ says AnonyMOUSE LOL

OK, tough guy

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 3:33 PM

Rich is the a fake internet tough guy keyboard warrior between us because if he really wanted to literally fight Nicolas and Dave for the name "Darkside", he'd just show up to their last NYC show to challenge them, but he won't, which makes him a fake real world toughguy as well.

I know you think Rich is some badass because he's been around forever and comes from the pre-hipster days of NYC, but fact is he's not a badass, he's a 40+ manchild challenging other grown men to fight for a fucking bandname.

Face it, Rich has nothing. The only way he'll own the name Darkside is by attrition i.e. if Darkside remains broken up, Rich can call his shitty pseudo death metal band Darkside NYC and he can lay claim to it in that way. That's it.

You should offer to pay a large sum of money to see Rich physically take the name from Darkside either by beating or court ruling, but neither will happen.

Keep sucking Rich's dick fanboy.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 3:38 PM

Hey Rich, show up to Darkside's final NYC show, challenge them to fight you for the name, and beat their asses.

If you don't do that, the only bitch between us is you, motherfucker.

'Love how you're challenging me to a fight when you should be challenging Darkside to a fight. Oh wait, you'll say you did right? Where's the proof? And so what if you did? You're a 40+ manchild loser crying about some band using a bandname so much you wanna physically fight them for it instead of be a fucking adult and take the name from them IN COURT with the lawyer who filed your trademark, jackass.

Posted by John T. | August 20, 2014 3:43 PM

^ Honestly, I am starting to feel like BV encourages or synthesizes "beefs" on here to get hits on the site so they can sell more addspace to Dr. Pepper, since that seems to be the way they get the most traffic I really used to like this site but i am seeing the devils in the details now.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 3:49 PM

How about this. You seem to have a huge hard on for Rich. How about you two just meet up and settle it? I mean it's obvious you got some issues with the guy, screw all this babbling back and forth and just get it over with. What excuse do you have to not do this?

Or is online sht talking all you are about?

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 3:50 PM

How about Rich shows up to Darkside's last show in NYC or wherever, challenges them to a fight for the bandname, and wins the fight instead of challenge me to one?

If anyone has "a huge hardon" it's Rich for Darkside.

Rich then take the name from them physically and/or in court or shut the fuck up about it forever. That's the REAL issue here, not him vs. me.

3:50pm you're one to talk, Anonymous.

Posted by John T | August 20, 2014 3:54 PM

Pseudo thug multiple personality tough guy who has nothing but lots of time on his hands keeps going! You need a beating more than either Darkside

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 5:12 PM

Where is 'D'

I mean John T

I mean Anonymous (1-34)

I mean...

Get over yourself

Posted by THE PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW | August 20, 2014 5:36 PM

The true identity of D is known and will be revealed by Brooklyn Vegan soon.

That is all I can say at this time.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 7:23 PM

Negative Approach
Grand Victory
Late August?

I'm might go. I can use some entertainment, and of course the opportunity to have my first ever knockout.

My guess is you won't be there stepping up.

Keep typing though. It must suck being so scared, you'll never come out of hiding.

You and all these wack fucking hipsters deserve each other.

Posted by REAL DNYC | August 20, 2014 9:30 PM

Richie Rich Darkside's Bitch

Why do you want to fight me when you should be fighting Darkside for the bandname?

I love how you admit BY YOUR OWN WORDS you have never knocked out anyone when 10:09pm, an asslicker, said you once KOed "people" while wearing a cast (which isn't difficult to do since your arm and hand are protected by plaster.)

"I can honestly say i have seen him KO people with one arm in a cast." 10:09pm

The ONLY people you should be challenging to a fight is Darkside. Go for it.

What's even funnier than you being so riled up over me that you want to fight me is you think I'm some guy from 25+ years ago who has a problem with you which signals to the entire BV that there ARE people from back then who have a problem with you else why say I'm from '89 or before? You could've chosen 1992 or 1996 or whenever but you chose '89.

Real classy of you to want to commit violence at or around a show. Your fight isn't with me it's Darkside and you look like you're dodging that with every meatheaded reply of yours. Get out the '90s toughguy.

I mean those "wack fucking hipsters" took your band's name and you're gonna let them go out owning it? THAT'S WACK.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 11:00 PM

I love how you ignore that you bit off The Darkside who formed in '89. That band wasn't some one and done release, 1-5 shows band, they put out three lps, three eps, and three singles from those records 1989-93.

Why didn't you trademark the name "Darkside" in '92 instead of add "NYC" to it that year then trademark it 22 years later? Had you done the former you would've had a legal claim against Darkside 2011-14. Dumbass.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 11:08 PM

The "multiple personality internet tough guy" is still posting! This is entertaining! I guess I' m not really surprised. I've seen other Brooklyn Vegan threads with similar comments. He doesn't seem to have much of a life outside of continuously posting here. I'll bet the comments on other punk and hardcore news are him too. Wouldn't be surprised. They sure sound similar.
I'll bet this thread hits 200 comments the way it's going!
Anyway, I just listened to both Darksides and my vote goes to Darkside NYC. I don't really care which one wins the fight, but musically, it's pretty obvious who's better. Keep it coming, troll!

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 11:44 PM

Rich Darkside NYC says he wants to fight Darkside for the bandname and now me, and I'M the "internet tough guy" HAHAHAHAHAHA.

You know who doesn't have much of a life? You for going out of your way to kiss Rich's ass. Tell us about the imaginary "people" he "KOed" with a cast again lol.

Yeah, you're right, it's pretty obovuous which Darkside is better from their Facebooks:

Darkside: 120,117 likes

Darkside NYC: 10,969 likes including one muscial retard (you)

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 11:57 PM

Hey Richie Rich Darkside's Bitch:

Darkside's last show will be at Brooklyn Masonic Temple.

Show up and make them change the name before the show or shut the fuck up forever.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 11:58 PM

^ September 12, 2014

Clown

BTW you had THREE years to make them physically change the name, toughguy, so I doubt you'll make them change it before that show that day.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2014 11:59 PM

Rich is so dumb he even promotes the last show of the other Darkside (you know, the one he wants to beat up but won't cuz he's a 40+ manchild wannabe toughguy blowhard) on his Darkside NYC Facebook here:

"Darkside NYC
August 17
Brooklyn Masonic Temple
Sept 12th
Record Release

Come one, come all"

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:03 AM

80 posts. Keep this fool talking.

He'll reveal more and more.

Then shit will get real interesting.

Posted by K | August 21, 2014 12:33 AM

^ Loser who actually counted the number of comments.

So sad the only way Richie Rich Darkside's Bitch's band can get publicity is via these ocmments.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 1:25 AM

Bitch ass punk acting like an anonymous pussy on the internet, it clearly states the number of comments at the top of the list. Maybe your obsession with DNYC has impaired your ability to notice the obvious.

What's your problem with Rich anyway? You've been on his dick about this whole name thing since the beginning. Obviously, there's some personal motivation involved for you to keep coming back and responding, monitoring the DNYC FB page, looking up copyright stuff and having an interest in the first place. So Rich wanted to secure the name of his band. Why do you give a fuck?

Posted by K | August 21, 2014 9:32 AM

D/Fake John T/ Scott /Whoever else = washed up loser

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 10:21 AM

^ Add "K" to that, too. Now he's posing as someone who has a problem with these people.

I'm reading some of these comments and I think all of you are pretty juvenile from the guy railing against Darkside NYC to the guy from Darkside NYC. It's embarassing, Please stop.

The article is about Darkside calling it quits, not Darkside NYC vs. them or some poster.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 11:06 AM

For Pete's sake, you assclowns are going on 4 DAYS with this shit argument that NO ONE CARES ABOUT! GO OUTSIDE! HAVE A SANDWICH! BREATHE!

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 11:10 AM

Just Beat It
No One Wants To Be Defeated
Showin' How Funky Strong Is Your Fight
It Doesn't Matter Who's Wrong Or Right
Just Beat It

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Seriously, 11:10am is right.

I thought this article was about Darkside calling it quits and their last show, not some one old hardcore scene douchebag arguing with another over dumb hardcore shit.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 11:50 AM

11:10am should take his own advice cuz he's no better adding his worthless two cents.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 11:51 AM

^ speaking of worthless two cents (oh, the missed irony)

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:01 PM

^ Um, your two cents are worthless. My post has worth because I'm pointing out what a hypocrite you are. You tell everyone to have a sandwich blah blah blah and yet here you are contributing to the bullshit. I am I guess, and I admit it - too bad you can't.

Don't you all get that the person attacking Rich and Darkside NYC is D/Bartedge?

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:03 PM

^ such a dumb fuck

you, and your post, are worthless you sociopath.

or should we just call you Richie Rich Darkside's Bitch? huh, bitch?

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:05 PM

^ I have worth because you are replying to it, you dumb fuck. 'Guess I struck a nerve.

'Love how you go from Rich's attacker saying Richie Rich Darkside's Bitch to an attacker of an attacker "K" to Anonymous to try (and fail) to throw off everyone from your tracks, you fuckin' schizo.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:10 PM

First off why would you post anonymously . To protect your vagina ??? Maybe ... But if you are gonna talk sh%t show your face or at least man up ..... Ya Poland spring drinking loafer wearing new age herb. Put your name out there

Posted by Price | August 21, 2014 12:10 PM

"^ I have worth because you are replying to it, you dumb fuck"

Yeah, OK Sally, you keep telling yourself that. You know that you are arguing with your computer screen, don't you dumb fuck?

D-U-M-B

F-C-U-K

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:16 PM

^ From John T to K to now "Price" - when will you ever stop, D/Bartedge?

Folks this is classic D/Bartedge confusion. He posts as multiple people arguing with each other just like he did on the Livewire Records messageboard which he killed singlehandedly.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:19 PM

This is funny. What does any of this shit have to do with Darkside breaking up?

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:23 PM

It doesn't 12:23pm. If it's about hardcore, specificially NYHC, D/Bartedge will be there to make it all about him and whoever he is fighting with, only it's really him fighting with himself like he did on the Livewire.

It looks like it's Rich from Darkside NYC really posting and if it is he is obviously unaware of D/Bartedge which is expected as real people like him rarely post on BV comments.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:27 PM

12:27pm here again. This post isn't even about hardcore, D/Bartedge made it that, Rich Darkside NYC unknowingly took his bait and D/Bartedge wins again.

What's REALLY funny is all the Darkside fans being afraid to post in these comments.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:31 PM

"Showin' How Funky Strong Is Your Fight"? For 30 years I've thought it was "show 'em you're funky, show'em your fight". Wow. Now it makes more sense.

Posted by Mind Blown. | August 21, 2014 12:37 PM

^ Shut up D/Bartedge.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 12:48 PM

As much as I think it's funny that 11:06 thinks I'm another "personality" that JohnT/D made up to talk to himself, I'm assuredly a real individual who knows Rich for 20 years. If that makes me a bitch for him, fine. JohnT/D clearly doesn't understand the concept of friendship because he's a pathetic cunt with a personal vendetta that makes him act a fool on the internet.

Keep going, clown.

Posted by K | August 21, 2014 12:58 PM

Hey Jake the jig's up
Go home freak

Posted by We Are Not Free | August 21, 2014 1:03 PM

Hahaha this guy thinks the troublemaker is Darkside's manager Jake. 'Could be!

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 1:14 PM

Hey K 11:06 here. My apologies for calling you D/Bartedge (if you are indeed a friend of Rich's which I'm sure you are, far be it for me to say) but understand he has been pulling this shit on here and the now dead Livewire Records messageboard for years (on there as Bartedge.) This is his game, and he plays it so well and for so long he confuses people myself included. He'd never claim to be a friend of who he's talking shit about.

It's all good his true identity will be revealed soon.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 1:19 PM

Do tell, do tell!

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 1:22 PM

Fuck all y'all muthafuckers, come to Apokolips and I'll wipe the floor with you, calling yourselves darkside was just an attempt to rip me off

Posted by Darkseid | August 21, 2014 1:41 PM

When a manager resorts this kind of stuff it's truly sad. he's mad Beacuse his meal ticket is up robbing rich kids looking like the guy from do the right thing let me get a slice nigs .... I'm not personally involved here but this has gone a little to far ......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now THIS is interesting...
Matador Darkside's manager is none other than Jake Freedman aka "John T"

Posted by World star .......world star ..... My loafers | August 21, 2014 2:01 PM

^ Where'd you get the quote above the line from?

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 2:17 PM

but what if 1:19 is D? If someone really knows this true identity, now's the time...

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 2:27 PM

Wow talk about a douche move if that's true. Only someone like that could make being a bitch and art!

Posted by O.M. | August 21, 2014 2:29 PM

1:19pm is not D/Bartedge. Brooklyn Vegan and the moderator of the now dead thanks to D/Bartedge Livewire Records messageboard knows EXACTLY who D/Bartedge is.

Brooklyn Vegan will reveal D/Bartedge's true identity in due time.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 2:35 PM

What is Brooklyn Vegan waiting for then???

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 2:41 PM

Things are getting interesting indeed...

Now if their manager is on here pretending to be some random with beef, that makes them look so fucking stupid. I was wondering why I was being baited so hard toward violence against his clients.

This whole thing is really dumb and I hold Brooklyn Vagina responsible for letting people act like this. Include IP addresses and it ends.

One day when I have five hours to spare I'll read all this garbage.

Fuck everyone involved and fuck this entire site actually.

Posted by REAL DNYC | August 21, 2014 3:01 PM

So, Jake. Not feeling so mouthy anymore now that you've been outed. This guy is supposed to be the manager of Darkside, a professional, yet he's resorted to childish shenanigans on the internet in defense of his client. You should be fired and publicly disgraced.

Posted by K | August 21, 2014 3:09 PM

Five Finger Death Punch, now THERE is music

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 3:11 PM

REAL DNYC Scared of who, you? Yeah right try they don't know or care anything about you or your band. Having IP addresses mean nothing.

K how do you and Rich know it's Jake? I'm not defending the guy, I just think it's D/Bartedge up to his shenanigans again and you two don't know about him i.e. what he's done on here for YEARS like what he did on the Livewire Records messageboard (which is gone because of him) for YEARS. I mean I guess it could be Jake since Jake is Darkside's manager thus one person I could see pulling this shit as managers look after their band, but I doubt it cuz it's too obvious.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 3:25 PM

Rich I'm reading some of your comments and you really come off like some kind of pseudo-bully about Darkside like you wanna beat them up. How old are you dude? C'mon. So fucking what this band is named Darkside? It's not Darkside NYC and no Darkside NYC fan thinks they're you guys - I mean no "Rich" in the members section so not Darkside NYC, right? They're breaking up after that last show in Brooklyn. Who cares? And who cares about this D/Bartedge or Jake idiot's ramblings? Fuck it. Just do your own thing man. This band will be forgotten over time.

'Sorry your double cd is on the backburner but hopefully it won't be for long. Or why not put it out as a free download or one where you ask donations to make back recording costs since people are gonna post it up anyway? Just an idea.

Posted by Steve | August 21, 2014 3:35 PM

Maybe this post should just be removed I think that's the smartest thing to do in this case ..... Just saying

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 4:06 PM

Put out the double cd on Bandcamp and charge a dollar.

Make peace with Darkside and maybe they'll post a link to it on their page and you might make a few bucks from their fans which I see they got alot of (well over 100,000.)

If Darkside reforms, they could call themselves Darkside USA out of goodwill (their Facebook handle is already "DarksideUSA".)

Work together!

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 4:07 PM

Nah leave it up it's funny especially considering no one from Darkside has responded. They must be reading this, LTMFAO, and wondering "Who is this crazy old dude from Darkside NYC we're supposed to be scared of?" LOL

SMH @ Rich Darkside NYC and everyone fighting with and against him.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 4:10 PM

Let's put it this way, when you put something out on the internet it leaves a trace.

However, knowing what I do now, I should have been able to figure this out based on his own words. I looked back at his earlier posts and he said a couple of things in particular that no one who wasn't intimately involved with the details of the conversations with the lawyer about the copyright should have known. Fucking idiot.

That's not to say there haven't been others trolling this thread, but as incredulous as it may seem one of them was not here just for the hijinks. This is one of the "professional" services he delivered for his client. Impressive!

Posted by K | August 21, 2014 4:13 PM

Well this escalated gradually over the course of several days

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 5:14 PM

I don't buy that Darkside's manager is part of these shenanigans as it'd be too obvious, but I guess it's possible.

In the end Darkside will be no more after their final show next month so this is really much ado about nothing.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 5:26 PM

What 5:26pm said.

This REAL DNYC (Real Darkside NYC, right?) guy comes off like an idiot, too, sorry, challenge me to a fight as well.

This article is about Darkside calling it quits not who is the "real" Darkside. No one's changing their name so it's pointless, it really is.

All of you grow up.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 5:33 PM

*not who the "real" Darkside is.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 5:41 PM

Rich STFU you're not a toughguy you never were stop acting like a DMS thug. 1993 is over and so is that shit.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 6:03 PM

Fellas (fella) :(

......no one gives a shit. One way or the other. At all.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 6:13 PM

5:26 & 5:33. Start a band. Or maybe you're already in one. Draw on all of your personal experiences and emotions and write songs for that band. Pour all of your creativity into it. Rehearse as much as possible, get the word out to people about getting on shows, make merchandise, record a CD, spend any extra money you can spare on your band. Travel hours in a hot, noisy plumbing van out of state to play a wack show and sleep on the living room floor of a nice local dude who invites you to crash for the night. Maybe you even have a nickname that incorporates the band name. Whatever. You put the work in because you're into it.

Now it's been a while, but the band has always been a part of your life and you're still writing songs. Then someone else decides to start recording and performing under your band name. The one that you've put so much time and energy into for 20 years. In the same city. People who have known about your band for years are like wtf? You say to yourself, yeah, wtf?

When that happens to you come back and tell me what you'd do. If your answer is, it's pointless, it's nothing, I'd just forget about it, well then I'd have to say some unkind things about your character (or lack of it).

Posted by K | August 21, 2014 6:17 PM

6:03 another keyboard warrior with no name

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 6:44 PM

If I did all that and said it's pointless and nothing if someone played shows under my name, that's my business since it's my band, not yours. If you said some unkind things about my character about it I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, mind your fucking business, start your own band, and do what you want with it. What would you do, physically attack me? Over MY band not yours? Get a grip.

Listen you fucking neanderthal:

Darkside NYC has not existed continously for two decades, ok? They existed 1992-98 and have barely existed since '98. They came back for real only until last year. Stop trying to make them out like they're Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front, or any other band who like those two Darkside NYC hasn't put even 1/100th the work of.

Darkside existed 2011-14 deal with it. Also deal with that the world doesn't revolve around hardcore or NYHC and people don't cowtow to a bunch of 40+ wannabe toughguy bullies like you and Rich.

It is comical that you and Rich are all bent out of shape over something you have done and will do nothing about but whine, challenge people to fights on here, and accuse Darkside's manager of antagonizing you.

Go to Darkside's Facebook, click on their About, write their manager, and let us know what he says instead of cry on here, ok?

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 7:42 PM

Oh btw "K", you're not "K" you're Rich because you are on Rich's dick too much to be another person.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 7:46 PM

6:44pm = Another keyboard whiner/dicksucker with no name.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 7:48 PM

You know what's funny? How you NYHC neanderthals have a different set of rules for yourself than for everyone else, and that you make rules to begin with as if you were annointed kings of morality when you are the biggest lowlives in underground music history from DMS to Harley Flanagan to John Joseph to every wannabe of theirs includng Rich and K.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 8:00 PM

;) heh ....... Nice try trying to chum the waters ...... Be a man ....... Or take the ALS doughnut challenge

Posted by Challenge accepted | August 21, 2014 8:02 PM

Sorry internet detectives, I am not Rich, but anyone who knows the band can figure it out. I know them since the beginning.

I have no problem with saying who I am, but since you all want to post as anonymous punks I figured I should play along.

Posted by K | August 21, 2014 8:09 PM

What's funny is someone who bring up DMS, Harley Flanagan and John Joseph in a conversation and then calls someone else a NYHC neanderthal

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 8:14 PM

What's funny is you think all NYHC people are neanderthals when it's just DMS, Harley, JJ, and all their wannabes.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 8:16 PM

BTW assclown (8:14pm) it's funny that someone who knows who DMS, Harley, and JJ are is calling someone who brings them up a neanderthal.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 8:18 PM

Darkside NYC - The Darkside, Icepick - Icepick from Europe, Death Before Dishonor - Death Before Dishonor from NYC

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 8:22 PM

Hey folks, Rich O'Brien named his band Darkside NYC in 1992 when there was a band called The Darkside around back then and he didn't think anything of it, now he's crying about how a band named themselves Darkside, so fuck him.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2014 11:07 PM

Oh STFU, turd. You don't even know the history of the band and how the name Darkside came to be. You're out of a job now anyway. Surely you could use this time to find a new shitty band to "manage".

Posted by K | August 22, 2014 12:05 AM

^ Hey fuckhead, I know the history of the band - here goes:

Alan Blake, former guitarist of Sheer Terror, formed a band called Darkside in 1991. He added "NYC" to the name when Rich joined the band and took on the vocals, or Darkside broke up and reformed as Darkside NYC with Rich on vocals. They stole the name from The Darkside with both names, too bad you're too fucking stupid not to get that and too fucking proud not to admit your buddy Rich is a hypocrite.

Oh but wait, I forgot, it's ok for NYHC neanderthals like him to do what he's crying about being done to him re: Darkside 2011-14 and NYHC neanderthals like you defend and suck the dicks of these fellow neanderthals at every turn.

Keep believing your own bullshit that it's ok for Alan and Rich to steal the name from The Darkside but fucked up and beating-worthy when someone uses the name. Hypocrites!

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:44 AM

Once again, here is the Wiki page for The Darkside:

"The Darkside (or Darkside) were an indie rock band formed in 1989 by former members of Spacemen 3. After releasing two studio albums they split up in 1993."

Darkside formed in 1991 and Darkside NYC formed in 1991-92, so Alan and your boy Rich stole the name from The Darkside, no two ways about it, no escaping it, so once again Rich can "STFU" about Darkside 2011-14.

Rich you're awfully silent about this. 'Care to explain why Alan named his band Darkside and you and he renamed it Darkside NYC when there was an established band called The Darkside? You didn't give a fuck? WELL Nicolas Jaar and Dave Harrington don't give a fuck. Take what you dished.

BTW Darkside has their own Wiki page, too - where's YOUR Wiki page? Since you're the so-called "rightful" owner of the name. Watch him create one now, folks, haha.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:55 AM

How many shows did Darkside NYC play 1998-2013 before returning last year? I'm guessing five or six tops from a quick search of YouTube videos of their live shows. Definitely less than ten. I see videos of them playing in 2003, 2007, and 2011.

I know how many releases Darkside NYC has put out since 1998: ZERO.

So you lost the right to the name long ago.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:07 AM

I'm pretty sure "Darkside" is slang for putting your ass up in the air in prison. That's cool that you guys are all fighting for it.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 6:44 AM

Hey daddy-o, tell us more about Darkside NYC and the "old days"

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 6:49 AM

aaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddddd it continues. So many butthurt people on here.

Sounds to me like someone either got their ass handed to them by someone in DMS or from the NYHC scene.

Why you so mad man? Someone bust a nut on your girl or something?

You care way too much about Rich and or Darkside NYC to put so much effort into stalking them, researching their past and what not.

If it truly is the manager then sucks for him, kudos for you for sticking by your meal ticket but massive fail in how you approached it, if its the record company hype team, guess it sucks for them as well. random troll? oh well sucks to be that mad at a band they don't even know or like and finally if it is some guy who has a hard on for Rich for over 20 years then Rich watch out i think dude just wants to rub up on you....

¿

Posted by The Black and The Blue | August 22, 2014 9:48 AM

Darkside quits, Darkside NYC continues. The end.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 10:54 AM

Yeah so many butthurt people on here like Rich and K who have been whining about Darkside nonstop.

Every time someone tells DMS and whoever in NYHC to kiss off he automatically had to be beaten up - no.

Why am I so mad? I'm not mad. 'Know who's mad? Rich who has challenged Darkside to fight over the name and me to a fight. I think K challenged me to a fight as well, I lost track. Both of them are the angry ones, not me, I love pointing out their hypocrisy.

Rich and K care way too much about Darkside when they shouldn't especially since Darkside will be no more early next month (hence the title of the article.) And people care way too much about your superbowls of hardcore. Hey do you kick Chris Williamson tribute for stealing his idea? Even INVITE him to a SB?

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 11:10 AM

Are you in or a fan of Darkside (electronic)? No? then what do you care? obviously Rich has an issue with them and how he deals with it is his business not yours but you come off like you need to be involved.

So let me get this straight.... you want to be able to trash talk people but not deal with the repercussions from it? c'mon on now that's not how it works.

The Superbowl? WTF does that have to do with anything? You mad about that too? Why do you care if people are interested in it? What's the matter they haven't invited your band to play it or something? What's your beef with that? Chris Williamson? What? huh? you are one confused Mfer aren't you?

And the DMS thing again its like everything else in life an action will get a reaction. if you trash talk one of them expect to get dealt with how they choose to deal with it. its simple, whats so hard to understand? if you leave them alone they will leave you alone.

and not only are you mad but you are borderline obsessed! Let Rich do his thing and you do your thing. not hard at all, but you insist on keeping this going. So admit it someone did put you in your place right? this why you acting the fool on here?

¿

Posted by The Black and The Blue | August 22, 2014 11:42 AM

WAAAAA Darkside stole our name (even though we stole our name from The Darkside who was an active band 1989-93.)

RRRRRR I challenge Nicolas Jaar and Dave Harrington to fight me for the name yo.

BTW what PROOF do you have that Darkside manager is the one defending Darkside? NONE.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 11:45 AM

You are all a bunch of retards.

Posted by Darth Vader | August 22, 2014 11:49 AM

Wow, based on these asshole comments I am so glad I missed both of these forgettable bands

Looks to me like shit attracts shit

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:03 PM

I am not in Darkside or a fan of them. Why do I care? I don't. You should ask Rich O'Brien the same rhetorical or actual question cuz it definitely applies to him. Why does HE care? He isn't in or a fan of the band which will be officially no more after their last show in NYC next month. So why piss, moan, whine, and challenge people to fights over the name of a soon to be defunct band? Like Rich has done here after he did it on Darkside NYC's Facebook. Violence is illegal save in self-defense.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:11 PM

BTW you should stop posting as "The Black And The Blue" when you are not part of Black 'N' Blue Productions. YOU brought them into this with your name not me, and I didn't bring up their name until this post.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:31 PM

You posted under their name twice. You speak for DMS as well as BNB? I doubt it, so perhaps you should STFU about them since you're not part of them either. No one put me in my place and give Rich the same advice you're giving me. He should do HIS own thing and stop whining about a band who will be no more next month he didn't do shit to.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:32 PM

WTF does the Superbowl have to do with this? I thought you were Black 'N' Blue Productions who put on the Black 'N' Blue Bowl. You put a question mark after the name Chris Williamson which tells me you have no clue as to the origin of the event. Chris was the person who invented the superbowl of hardcore. He did one every year from 1988 through 1992 for five superbowls total, all at the long gone nightclub The Ritz.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:37 PM

The only "confused motherfucker" is you, for thinking you are part of BNB and DMS with your name "The Black And The Blue" which you are most certainly not.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:40 PM

Hey 12:03pm if shit attracts shit what does that make you?

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:42 PM

Oh boy! again..... Rich's dealings with them are between him and them and how he chooses to deal with them are all on him and how they respond are on them. Only reason you are involved is because you made yourself involved. If you made a comment (or in your case a slew of comments) and from the looks of it all full of sh!t then you act surprised when you get a negative response.

I don't need to talk to Rich, he hasn't said a peep to me or on any of my comments so why would i follow your route and start up with him? No need for that, and unlike you i don't have anything against the guy. You sound like that kid in school who wanted to beat someone up but couldn't so he tried to talk smack on them and try to rally people against them but in the end was still the little herb kid crying in the corner of the lunchroom cause no one would let him sit at their table.

Once again if you are not in the band or represent them in any capacity then drop it. Yet you choose to continue to fan the flames yet are ignorant enough to think you are untouchable for talking all that trash. Illegal as it may be, sometimes it takes smacking someone in the grill to remind them how to act properly.

"C'mon to the violent world with me......................"

Posted by The Black and The Blue | August 22, 2014 12:44 PM

Hello? Pot calling the kettle black? If you are not part of Black 'N' Blue Productions or in DMS and you don't represent either or both in any capacity, drop it, but I see you haven't. You have posted under a variation of the BNB name for a THIRD time. 'Love how you are trying to steer the convo towards it being me and Rich with no mention of BNB and DMS.

But since you wanna make it about Rich, ok, he made his disdain for Darkside public on his band's Facebook, I commented on how stupid it was and what a fake toughguy he is, he got angry about it. The rest is history.

He's talking shit on Darkside BTW so I have a right to alert Darkside and their fans of it. I'm sure BNB/DMS/NYHC dicksuckers like you and K would IMMEDIATELY alert anyone talking shit about BNB/DMS/a NYHC band on Facebook.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:49 PM

BTW asshole, Rich has posted shit that makes me believe he has threatened Darkside with violence and/or still wants to physically harm them, so I am alerting the band and their management of it here. From Darkside NYC's Facebook:

Darkside NYC I said I'd fight both of em for the name. Don't they wanna take me on? I'm just a 40-something out of shape dude standing between them and a big pile,of future money. HAHAHAHAHA But that's the difference - I'm not about the money. This is real life shit.
9 · August 17 at 9:24pm

So he threatened them with violence.

He talks about how they were scared to go to the bathroom at their Terminal 5, yeah sure Rich cuz you're this badass who people turn into pillars of salt at the sight of when you're just a House Of Pain Jump Around extra reject with beer muscles.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 12:54 PM

OMFG this is the absolute lamest pussy fight ever on BV.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:03 PM

^ OMFG? What are you 12? Go back to summer school. You have just under two hours left before the schoolweek is over. Go loin (learn) something.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:05 PM

^ said the pussy to the observer.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:07 PM

"Ask Nicholas Jaar and Dave Harrington how it felt playing Terminal Five feeling shook to death. Word is they wouldn't let security leave their sides even to take a leak. I hope they felt ridiculous.."

- REAL DNYC (Rich from Darkside NYC or someone from the band, most likely Rich), Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:24pm

Of course the above is total bullshit and Rich's wishful thinking but let's say it wasn't. This nutjob was stalking Darkside inside or outside of Darkside's NYC show at Terminal 5 on 2/8/14.

BV here's a link to his comment for the local authorities in case Rich O'Brien harms Nicolas and/or Dave:

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:13 PM

Why did Darkside (hardcore band) add NYC to their name?

It seems like the band who used the name second usually adds a location to distinguish - The English Beat added English after The Beat contacted them or threatened them with legal action, and Charlatans UK presumably did same, this isn't something that hasn't happened before so the NYC seems to distinguish the names enough.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:13 PM

Is that better?

I didn't make it about you! You made it about you, you chose to mouth off on a post that had nothing to do with you. but it seems to be your M.O.

If you are not a fan of Darkside NYC, why are you creeping on their Facebook page to read comments about another band you don't like either? and this "so I have a right to alert Darkside and their fans of it" HA! what is this about? you the internet comment police? do you also email Mily Cirus and Little Wayne when people say something about them on facebook? All this attention you are putting on Rich is creepy, you got some sort of man crush on him? c'mon on man, just ease on out the door and leave the comments section as you are just embarrassing yourself now....

And while you are walking please explain to me how BnB and or DMS have anything to do with this at all? Did i miss the part where they showed up? You brought them up. or should i say keep bringing them up...over and over and over again. We get it. you don't like DMS, You don't like BnB, you don't like NYHC and even though i think you got a huge hard on for Rich you claim to not like him either. Ok thats cool but then again why deal with any of them, you bored?

¿

Posted by So Wait how about The Green and The purple? | August 22, 2014 1:14 PM

How does BNB and DMS have anything to do with this? Says the guy who posted as "The Black And The Blue" alluding to Black 'N' Blue Productions THREE TIMES before FINALLY dropping dropping their name in something they have and shouldn't have anything to do with. YOU brought them up by posting under their name or a variation of it, not me. I merely reacted to it.

Rich threatened Darkside with violence over their use of a bandname so I'm alerting BV of it in case Rich harms Nicolas and/or Dave from Darkside. I have a right to do that and people have a right to be free of physical harm.

'Not creeping on DNYC's FB, it's easy to find besides that someone on here mentioned them in these comments before I joined in for the fun.

What are with these homosexual fantasies of yours about me having a mancrush on Rich? I'm not interested in him or any other man as I like women, ok? Wow you are a closet homosexual.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:24 PM

Ok couple of things

for the simple minded i must explain myself. i added the question mark after Chris's name not because you think i don't know him (for the record knew him and even got hired by him a couple of times to work his shows) but because i still don't know what one has to do with another. who cares who puts on the superbowl it has zero to do with this topic. Stick to the topic.

You have no clue who i am or what i support or stand for. but it seems you think you have me all figured out. Good job!

Have you tried getting professional help for your anger issues?

Posted by Lilac and Beige? Does that work for you? | August 22, 2014 1:28 PM

In answer to why did I check Darkside NYC's Facebook and why do I comment about them and Darkside here? CUZ I CAN AND FUCKIN' FEEL LIKE IT. I don't care about either band, I just care about getting not one but THREE NYHC neanderthals' panties in a knot over Darkside calling themselves that, cuz that's what this is really all about. You, K, and Rich Darkside NYC are all bent out of shape over Darkside calling themselves that. That's really the bottom line.

Anyone who thinks I actually give a flying fuck what Darkside NYC thinks of Darkside and vice versa needs to have his or her head examined. You make an appointment with your psychologist or better yet and alot less expensive ($0) get off Darkside NYC's dick.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:31 PM

vaginapussy

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:32 PM

You never worked for Chris Williamson. If you did you wouldn't be going under the name of the people who stole his idea (BNB) or commenting on an early 1990s band who just got back together last year (Darkside NYC) who never played a Chris Williamson show, The Ritz, or a show in 1988-92 save a couple of shows later in '92 after the very last Chris Williamson superbowl of hardcore early that year (1/26 to be exact.) What were you security? Bullshit. Also how'd YOU stumble across a post on Brooklyn Vegan about Darkside a band with absolutely NOTHING to do with hardcore/NYHC? Why are YOU commenting? What do YOU have to gain by doing that and defending Rich who I doubt you know (I'm sure you'll lie to me and say you know him to make me look like I'm wrong.)

Stick to the topic? Oh I have stuck to the topic. Stick with not claiming to be part of Black 'N' Blue Productions and DMS.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:38 PM

...by posting as "The Black And The Blue" not once or twice but THREE TIMES before you stopped doing that.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:41 PM

1:32pm all the madness around him = D/Bartedge

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:41 PM

^ Yep. He really is quite good at it, no?

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:44 PM

'Don't know what Brooklyn Vegan is waiting for re: them revealing the true identity of D/Bartedge.

Maybe they're letting Darkside NYC bury themselves in these comments because we all know D/Bartedge is what he is and does what he does, but Rich from Darkside NYC and his friends and supporters should know better. I think they just aren't aware of D/Bartedge.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Funny coming from someone who doesn't use a name at all.

Once again you got me all figured out. You know what? I will fess up! You got me, I never worked for Chris or went to any of those Superbowls. Hell i have no idea what hardcore is, But i remember reading somewhere that there was a superbowls of hardcore in Maryland and i think now japan and France have them as well? So i guess in your mind they also stole from the man. While i was surfing the web i also looked up some of the bands who played the early superbowls and i think some of them also played newer superbowls as well no? So i guess they are bad people as well. Maybe you should tell their fans that.

Either way, you without your meds = irrational so im done dealing with you.

And don't worry you do a great job on your own of being wrong so there is no need for me to help you along with that.

was fun chatting with you. See you on the flip side Fruitcake!

Posted by I think he prefers yellow and teal. | August 22, 2014 2:02 PM

You "have no idea what hardcore is" yet you posted under the name "The Black And The Blue" which alludes to the biggest hardcore show promotions company in the NYC/metro area BEFORE I mentioned their stupidbowls of hardcore, ok. You did this THREE TIMES before I called you out.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 2:32 PM

'Love how you fake ignorance and you're not even getting it right. There was never a superbowl of hardcore in Maryland, there were a couple of SBs in Washington DC. There was never a SBHC in Japan. There was one in France this year, but you punched up "superbowl of hardcore" and didn't come up with "Black 'N' Blue Bowl"? Nah-ah bullshit to that and you.

Try you're a hardcore guy backtracking from using the BNB name pretending to be ignorant of them and hardcore. Hilarious!

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 2:35 PM

The guy (yes singular) who wrote 95% of this thread is seriously mentally ill. Dude get help. These threads are sad.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 3:01 PM

I dunno dude, i think he clowned you. I re read his posts and he didn't say they didnt put on those shows, looks like he used those other places as examples but i dunno just sayin is all. I can see the sarcasm in his writing guess you cant!

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 3:02 PM

3:01pm you don't help matters. It's D/Bartedge. It's always been D/Bartedge. It always will be D/Bartedge. Until Brooklyn Vegan finally outs him.

BV has until the end of the month to out him or I will.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 3:22 PM

^guy who wrote this thread.

No one reads these threads. No one cares about D/Bartedge.

Seek help or kill yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 3:41 PM

^ Oh look everyone, it's D/Bartedge trying to have the attention off him.

Too late. Known people know who you are.

No one cares, right, that's why there have been people who aren't D/Bartedge (you) like Rich Darkside and his friend K posting and people replying to and mentioning you for years.

YOU should seek help or kill YOURself.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 3:56 PM

^ Posting a link on how to hang oneself, so classy. You're a lowlife dude.

Classic D/Bartedge although I guess it could be some other lowlife.

Wow comments have stooped pretty low.

Time for registered posters only and banning IPs, BV.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 4:32 PM

A dozen comments to 200 hahaha

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 4:55 PM

^ Actually ten more with this post (#190.)

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 5:04 PM

Could you just 'out' D so we can end this? Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 6:05 PM

anyone have extra hummus for the Masonic Temple show?

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 6:49 PM

Can Brooklyn Vegan just out D so we can end this? For some strange reason they don't want to despite being given the information which can be verified by a moderator of a messageboard D killed under the name "Bartedge".

Again I think BV is eating this up for ad clicks haha.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 7:11 PM

WHITE POWER!!!!
1-2-3-4

I think you should tooooootally redecorate!
How about some curtains?
And new placemats

o/

Posted by IAN DONALDSON MARTHA STEWART | August 22, 2014 8:08 PM

^ D/Bartedge at it again?

The countdown has begun.

9/1/14

Mark the date down as a historic one in Brooklyn Vegan comments history.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 8:27 PM

BROOKLYN VEGAN NEEDS to OUT "D" once and for all.

"D" started this entire thing by dissing on Rich Darkside NYC a few months back and he seemingly never stopped.

Come on BROOKLYN VEGAN - END THIS FUCKING NONSENSE ALREADY!

ALSO - "Darkside", the gay band, your MANAGER should fucking know better! Wow.

Posted by NiggaWhoKnows | August 22, 2014 8:29 PM

Can someone please explain to me why BV would "out" D, even if he did know who he really was? I have thought about it and I cannot see any possible reason why he would do such a thing.

Posted by Anonymous | August 22, 2014 10:32 PM

OK VINCE I'M READY TO BUST THESE HEADS
AND TAKE THAT BELT - IT'S MINE

OOOGH!!!

I'M PUMPING IRON I'M DOING MORE STEP-UPS THAN BOB BACKLUND ON A STIARMASTER

LOOK THESE 22 INCH PYTHONS RIGHT HERE

HEY-AYYYYY!!!

WE GOTTA TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK
SMASH COMMUNISM

OW!!!!!!!

Posted by CELTIC ULTIMATE WARRIOR FROST | August 22, 2014 10:42 PM

If you know Bob Backlund you're too old to be posting here.

Posted by Magnificent Muraco | August 22, 2014 11:28 PM

reading all this
ok maybe just skimming

it almost makes sense that the main freaking out mentalcase guy would be the manager of the band breaking up cause now he cant keep making money off his clients and be looking for somebody to blame

the angry posts sure took a long break once someone said it was the manager lololol

Posted by stoned is the way | August 22, 2014 11:33 PM

I'M ONLY 45. STILL YOUNG FOR NYC HARDCORE NO?

Posted by HILLBILLY JIM STILL SITTING WITH THE FANS | August 22, 2014 11:43 PM

IN THE OLD DAYS WE DIDNT FAKE FIGHT
THE BLOOD WAS REAL
AND I CHASED OFF ALL THE NAZIS

WHAT IS THIS NYHC CRAP
I LOVE TIN PAN ALLEY

Posted by GORGEOUS GEORGE | August 22, 2014 11:48 PM

^ All these posts in CAPS are by D/Bartedge.

Same type of posts as on the now gone thanks to him Livewire Records messageboard Friday before last (8/15.)

Your time is coming to an end here, D/Bartedge, as I know EXACTLY who you are full name first and last and state.

Posted by Anonymous | August 23, 2014 1:24 AM

'Love how this jerkoff was pleading with a Livewire poster that he isn't D as well as Bartedge last week.

Posted by Anonymous | August 23, 2014 1:25 AM

Again, 9/1/14:

The Day We All Find Out Who D Is

In the meantime read him freaking out in caps and posting under various '70s and '80s wrestler names.

His time on comments is coming to an end.

Posted by Anonymous | August 23, 2014 1:31 AM

I posted as caps wrestlers and silly white power handles just to be an asshole
Definitely not a regular on any board

When this gay site reveals IPs you'll see

In the meantime out that shit talking fucker - why wait

Posted by Yo | August 23, 2014 2:04 AM

Ian Martha Stewart Donaldson
Hillbilly Jim Still Sitting With The Fans

Come on those were funny

Posted by Yo | August 23, 2014 2:09 AM

This "argument" is so clearly a single sociopathic shut-in posting as two "personalities"

so lame, and so boring

Posted by Anonymous | August 23, 2014 8:12 AM

The best part of being a shut-in is going back out.

Posted by Far Away Eyes | August 23, 2014 10:38 AM

"Yo" is D/Bartedge

Monday, September 1, 2014

Posted by Anonymous | August 23, 2014 11:42 AM

Notice how quiet D/Bartedge is all of a sudden.

Your time is coming like it came Friday before last.

Posted by Anonymous | August 24, 2014 4:04 PM

I wonder how many cigarettes Jake has smoked since his name showed up
Probably a carton or three

BV wins

Posted by Anonymous | August 24, 2014 4:43 PM

^ It's not Jake posting, it's D/Bartedge whose true identity (full name first and last) will be revealed a week from today.

Posted by Anonymous | August 24, 2014 7:29 PM

When the pineapple was smashed on Jimmy Snuka's head during Piper's Corner, wrestling died. D, care to comment?

Posted by Anonymous | August 24, 2014 10:40 PM

Dear Whoever You Are In Darkside NYC

Darkside's manager has NOT posted in these comments as much as you like to think he has to suit your own agenda (that of a band who erroneously thinks Darkside "stole" the bandname from you.)

If you indeed own the trademark for a band using the name "Darkside", then take legal action against the band instead of cry about it on here and challenge the band to fight you for use of the bandname on your Facebook. They don't care about your crying or have to fight you, besides that they're grown adults who suggest your band acts like such.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2014 1:00 PM

If you post D's identity you should be a man and post your own. Don't be a pussy, 'cause we BV trolls don't forget shit like that.

Be a man, man. Always do the right thing.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2014 1:39 PM

The guy who writes all of the comments in these threads is one of the saddest people on the internet.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2014 1:51 PM

You're one to talk ANONYMOUS 1:39pm and so true 1:51pm, D/Bartedge is sad.

Why should I say who I am when "D" has never said and will never say who he is? I'm not leaving myself out there especially when he could spin it as me cuz once my name is out there fair game. He wants to be anonymous, then I will, only I have the goods on him.

BTW if Brooklyn Vegan is reading this, he knows exactly who I am, and that's all that matters. Besides that who I will reveal as D can be verified as such. He killed the Livewire Records messageboard.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2014 2:09 PM

In fact if/when BV breaks the story he is more than welcome to credit me as the source along with the moderator of the now-dead Livewire Records messageboard.

I think BV wants as many hits as possible before it's really over haha (just kidding.)

Again he has until 11:59:59pm Sunday, August 31, 2014 to report the news or I will report it the next day not only on here but on Invisible Oranges, too.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2014 2:12 PM

2:09 is not too bright

Anonymous, yes, but I'm also not threatening to publish someone's identity either. If you go and do shit like that you should not be a pussy about it, but rather stand by you actions with such a demonstrable sign. Otherwise why the fuck should anyone believe you? Just another fussy little bitch, no more and no less.

Posted by How Ya Like Me Now? | August 25, 2014 2:31 PM

Actually, 1:39pm/2:31pm, you're not the one who's "too bright" or "bright" at all. You called me out and I put you in your place.

You really don't have a fucking clue, do you you little shit?

First I DON'T WANT THIS ASSHOLE TO POST UNDER MY NAME. Second, he not only posted under my name once but he posted my name several times. Last it's irrelevant who I am. My information can be verified by a known guy. That's that.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2014 5:45 PM