Burger Beach Bash happening in Coney Island same day as 2016 Mermaid Parade
For those who’ve read about all those crazy shows Burger Records puts on in California (like Burger Boogaloo) with a zillion bands and wished they’d do one in NYC, your wish is coming true. The Burger Beach Bash will happen at Coney Island’s MCU Park on June 18, the same day as the Mermaid Parade. Going from 3-9PM, the Bash hasn’t announced its lineup but we know Mystery Lights are playing it. Tickets are on sale now (despite what the above flyer says).
As for the Mermaid Parade, 2016 marks the 36th annual event and while they haven’t named King and Queen yet, here are details:
* The Parade will start at West 21st Street and Surf Avenue
* The Parade will roll east to West 10th Street
* At West 10th Street the Parade will turn south towards the boardwalk
* Cars and Motorized Floats continue down Surf Ave. passing W. 10th Street and exit the parade.
* At the Boardwalk, the marchers and push-pull floats will turn west and head towards West 17th St.
* At Steeplechase Plaza, the Parade will disband.
If you’d like to be in this year’s Mermaid Parade, you can register here.