Entries tagged with: Chaperone
Feist @ Church of the Intercession in October (more by Jessica Amaya)
Feist and her band (featuring Mountain Man as backup singers) will play the Riv.
SBTRKT makes his live (not DJ like North Coast) Chicago debut at the Bottom Lounge.
Star Slinger, Shlohmo, and Shigeto can be found at Lincoln Hall.
Le Butcherettes, Gypsyblood, and White Mystery will play Subterranean.
Electric Six play their second to last show of tour with Kitten and Andy D at the Double Door.
If it's disco you are looking for, check out Miami Horror and Hey Champ at The Mid.
Big Sean, Cyhi The Prince, and Shawn Chrystopher will play a sold out show at Metro.
Amen Dunes will play a FREE, 5PM in-store at Reckless Records' Wicker Park store.
Loyal Divide, Lazers and Fast and Shit, and Verma will play the Empty Bottle.
Holy Ghost!, Jessica 6, and Eli Escobar will play the Double Door.
Mark Sultan will play the Ultra Lounge.
The Wombats will play a sold out show at Subterranean, with support from The Postelles and The Static Jacks.
Comedian Michael Ian Black will perform at Park West.
Common speaks about his recently published memoir One Day It'll All Make Sense at the UIC Forum. CANCELED
Chaperone, Dastardly, and Grandkids are playing the Beat Kitchen.
Beer Hoptacular! returns to the Aragon Ballroom for a second year.
Designer Drugs, Black Matter, Pls Dnt Stp, and Gemini Club will play Reggie's.
Chickenfoot, Ponderosa will play Metro.
Chicago's own Radar Eyes and Wax Idols will play Cole's along with Terry Malts.
The Civil Wars and Milo Green will play the Vic.
A Winged Victory For The Sullen, Benoit Pioulard, and Ken Camden will play Lincoln Hall.
Jonny Corndawg, Man is Man, and Ice Rod will play Schubas.
today in Chicago
* Bela Fleck & The Flecktones @ the Vic
* RX Bandits, Zechs Marquise @ Bottom Lounge
* Eleanor Friedberger @ Saki Records (Free; In-store)
* Animal City, Chaperone, Geronimo!, Mutts @ Lincoln Hall
* Timber Timbre, Marissa Nadler, Faces on Film @ Schubas
* Marissa Nadler @ Reckless Records - Belmont (Free; In-store)
* The Soft Moon, Unur, Claw Toe, DJ Nonformat @ Empty Bottle
today in Chicago
* Taste of Chicago
* Geoff Farina @ The Whistler
* Junior Boys, Miracle Fortress @ Metro
* Givers, Pepper Rabbit, 1,2,3 @ Schubas
* White Mystery, BBU, Vamos @ Viaduct Theatre
* Avicii, Yolanda Be Cool, Moguai @ Congress Theater
* Chaperone, Whisker Music, The Ragtones, Natalie Grace Alford @ Beat Kitchen
* Black Jet Radio, Curio, Radical Dads, Brain Vacation, Future Passion @ Memories
The Antlers played "Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out" on Leno last night.
Check out the footage below.
Green Music Fest kicks off in Wicker Park, and lasts through Sunday.
Junior Boys, and Miracle Fortress are playing Metro.
Givers, Pepper Rabbit, and 1,2,3 are playing Schubas.
Chicago's own Chaperone will headline Beat Kitchen, with support from Whisker Music, The Ragtones, and Natalie Grace Alford.
White Mystery, BBU, and Vamos are playing the Viaduct Theatre.
Taste of Chicago kicks off this weekend, with various events happening through July 3rd.
Geoff Farina (of Karate) kicks off his Friday residency at The Whistler.
Avicii, Yolanda Be Cool, and Moguai are playing the Congress Theater.
Les Savy Fav, and Big Science will play Subterranean.
Puro Instinct, John Maus, and Geneva Jacuzzi will play the Empty Bottle.
Matt & Kim, The Thermals, and Autobot will play the Vic.
Burning Love, Gaza, and All Pigs Must Die are playing a Scion A/V presented show at the Double Door. RSVP (21+) for free entry.
The Whistler presents: L'Orchestre Super Vitesse, Rabble Rabble, and Thin Hymns at the IL Centennial Monument in Logan Square. This is a FREE show; no RSVP necessary.
Califone, and Bloodiest will play a FREE; 4PM show at the IL Centennial Monument in Logan Square. RSVP (All Ages) for entry. Later on, they'll play the Empty Bottle.
Yo La Tengo will play Subterranean.
Matt & Kim will spend a second night at the Vic, this time with The Hood Internet.
The Chicago Pride Fest Parade starts at noon on Halsted Street, and goes from Belmont Ave. to Fullerton Parkway. Berlin will host the official afterparty.
Distractions play a FREE; 5PM in-store at Reckless Records - Wicker Park.
Group Doueh will play the Old Town School of Folk Music.
Dark Star Orchestra will play Park West.
Sharon Van Etten @ Central Presbyterian Church during SXSW (more by Chris Gersbeck)
today in Chicago
* Wire, Lasers And Fast And Sh!T @ Metro
* Emmylou Harris @ Old Town School of Folk Music
* O'death, Grandchildren, Chaperone @ Beat Kitchen
* Big K.R.I.T., Freddie Gibbs, Smoke Dza @ Bottom Lounge
* Sharon Van Etten, Little Scream, In Tall Buildings @ Lincoln Hall
* Daedelus, Tokimonsta, Shlomo @ Bottom Lounge (Volcano Room)
* Robert Plant & The Band of Joy, North Mississippi Allstars @ Auditorium Theatre
Wire recently hit Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to play "Red Barked Trees" & "Map Ref 41N 93W". We've got videos of both below.
The Get Up Kids @ Webster Hall 3/2/2011 (more by Andrew St. Clair)
Alright Chicago, ahead of us is a weekend packed with amazing shows. This is the last weekend before SXSW, and it's almost overwhelming what we have going on in just three short nights.
We recently mentioned that The Get Up Kids were in town to play two shows this weekend. Friday night they'll be at the Bottom Lounge, and Saturday they'll play Lincoln Hall. Support on both dates comes from Miniature Tigers, and Brian Bonz.
Friday night at Lincoln Hall, is a really killer lineup of Maps & Atlases, Light Pollution, and Gypsyblood. All of the bands on the bill are Chicago based acts, who are not necessarily confined to just this city anymore.
Competing with those for your attention are singer/songwriter Jonathan Richman at Metro, and The Cold War Kids supported by local up-and-comers A Lull at the Riv.
Catch Obits at Empty Bottle along with Jaill, Loose Dudes, and The People's Temple.
Crystal Castles are playing at the Riv, along with Teen Girl Fantasy.
Middle Brother, Dawes, and Deer Tick are playing at Metro, and then we've also got The Get Up Kids for the second night in a row, this time at Lincoln Hall.
In the afternoon, Hideout is having a SXSW send off for a bunch of great Chicago based bands including: Chaperone, Rabble Rabble, and Joan of Arc.
Ice Cube will be headlining the Mid with support from Mikkey Halstead.
Asobi Seksu @ BrooklynVegan's 2010 CMJ Day Party (more by Chris Gersbeck)
today in Chicago
* Hot Man Girl Action @ Hideout
* The Ballad of Lula del Ray, oh+ah @ The Whistler
* Merry Cemetary, Bully the Kid, Johnny Was @ Elbo Room
* Asobi Seksu, Brahms, Stephen Paul Smoker @ Empty Bottle
* The Low Anthem, Bobby and Daniel Lefkowitz @ Lincoln Hall
* Extraordinary Popular Delusions @ Beat Kitchen (Free Show)
* Chaperone, Cains & Abels, Bob Dey's Tank Engine Man @ Schubas