Entries tagged with: Jonathan Richman
Kelly Hogan @ the Vic in March (more by Chase Turner)
We previously posted the partial lineup of Millennium Park's Downtown Sound series and now the full schedule has been released. The park have also unveiled all other free events that are taking place at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion throughout the summer. Check out the full schedule below...
Iron & Wine @ Jay Pritzker for Downtown Sound in June (more by Louie Abellera)
Downtown Sound - FREE new music Monday's at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion - is set to return for a 2012 edition of the series. Beginning on Memorial Day (May 28) with a performance by Chicago's own Kelly Hogan, Downtown Sound will take place each Monday at 6:30PM through July.
Other performers include Jonathan Richman on June 4, Chico Trujillo on June 25, and "The Original Black Swan" Charles Bradley on July 16.
Stay tuned for the full schedule.
Jonathan Richman @ Music Hall of Williamsburg in 2010 (more by Andrew Frisicano)
today in Chicago
* Jonathan Richman @ Hideout
* LAKE, Baby Teeth, AgesandAges @ Schubas
* Implodes, Brain Idea, Alex Barnett @ Lincoln Hall
* MusicFriendlyDancing featuring: The Death Set, Win Win @ Empty Bottle
* This Is England, Elia of Scotland Yard Gospel Choir (DJ Set) @ The Whistler
AgesandAges played the BrooklynVegan/Knitting Factory Records day party at SXSW.
Cold War Kids @ Terminal 5 1/29/2010 (more by Bao Nguyen)
today in Chicago
* Diplo, Willy Joy @ The Mid
* Jonathan Richman @ Metro
* Cold War Kids, A Lull @ the Riv
* Richard Shindell @ SPACE (Early Show)
* Dick Prall, Rachele Eve @ SPACE (Late Show)
* Human Eye, Drugs Dragons, Birth @ Empty Bottle
* Suns, Bailiff, The Mutts, The Field Auxiliary @ Beat Kitchen
* Maps & Atlases, Light Pollution, Gypsyblood @ Lincoln Hall
* The Get Up Kids, Miniature Tigers, Brian Bonz @ Bottom Lounge
* Flogging Molly, Moneybrother, The Drowning Men @ Congress Theater
* Hüsker Düdes, Econoline, SSt DJs Bobby Burg & Matt Holland @ Hideout
* The Future Laureates, Kingsley Flood, How Far to Austin, Nelken @ Mayne Stage
The Get Up Kids @ Webster Hall 3/2/2011 (more by Andrew St. Clair)
Alright Chicago, ahead of us is a weekend packed with amazing shows. This is the last weekend before SXSW, and it's almost overwhelming what we have going on in just three short nights.
We recently mentioned that The Get Up Kids were in town to play two shows this weekend. Friday night they'll be at the Bottom Lounge, and Saturday they'll play Lincoln Hall. Support on both dates comes from Miniature Tigers, and Brian Bonz.
Friday night at Lincoln Hall, is a really killer lineup of Maps & Atlases, Light Pollution, and Gypsyblood. All of the bands on the bill are Chicago based acts, who are not necessarily confined to just this city anymore.
Competing with those for your attention are singer/songwriter Jonathan Richman at Metro, and The Cold War Kids supported by local up-and-comers A Lull at the Riv.
Catch Obits at Empty Bottle along with Jaill, Loose Dudes, and The People's Temple.
Crystal Castles are playing at the Riv, along with Teen Girl Fantasy.
Middle Brother, Dawes, and Deer Tick are playing at Metro, and then we've also got The Get Up Kids for the second night in a row, this time at Lincoln Hall.
In the afternoon, Hideout is having a SXSW send off for a bunch of great Chicago based bands including: Chaperone, Rabble Rabble, and Joan of Arc.
Ice Cube will be headlining the Mid with support from Mikkey Halstead.