Entries tagged with: Kvelertak
Mastodon @ the Riv in 2012 (more by James Richards IV)
Mastodon have announced that they'll be embarking on a spring North American tour with support from French prog-metal outfit Gojira and Norwegian hard rockers Kvelertak. That tour includes a performance at the Riviera Theatre on May 8 (they also played the Riv in 2012). Ticketing information for the Chicago show is forthcoming, but check JAM Productions' site for updates. All dates are listed at the bottom of this post.
The band have also been hard at work on the follow-up to 2011's The Hunter. They've been camped out in Nashville with producer Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Rush, Queens of the Stone Age, Deftones), and haven't shared much album information as of yet. Drummer Brann Dailor did tell Rolling Stone, "It's real weird, real math-y, real straightforward. It's up, down and all around." Stay tuned for more.
All Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak dates can be found after the jump...
The Dodos at Webster Hall in 2012 (more by Dana (distortion) Yavin)
today in Chicago
* Rakim @ The Shrine
* Tyvek, B L A C K I E @ Hideout
* Citizen Cope @ House of Blues
* The Dodos, Cousins @ Lincoln Hall
* Vista Chino, Black Pussy, I Decline @ Metro
* Ott, Bluetech, Anomie Belle @ Bottom Lounge
* Scott H. Biram, Black Pistol Fire @ Double Door
* Fat Tony, Lil Hennessy @ Bottom Lounge (Upstairs)
* Mannie Fresh, Lucki Eck$, ZMoney, Giftz @ Reggie's
* U.S. Royalty, Hemmingbirds, The Van Goghs @ Beat Kitchen
* Vaudevileins, Faux Paw, Conrad Richards, Yankee @ Quenchers
* Geoff Dolce, One Hundred Flowers, World War Tree @ Township
* The Pear Traps, The Highest Order, The Albertans @ Empty Bottle
* The Baby Magic, Couches, Post Child, Witch Feet @ The Burlington
* Youth Code, Night Sins, Population, DJ Scary Lady Sarah @ Ultra Lounge
* Archie Powell & the Exports, The Elements of Style, Fletcher, MG Bailey @ Subterranean
Archie Powell & the Exports headline Subterranean tonight.
The Dodos and Cousins play Lincoln Hall.
Tyvek and B L A C K I E play the Hideout.
Mannie Fresh, Lucki Eck$, ZMoney, and Giftz play Reggie's.
Kvelertak have a new video for Meir's "Evig Vandrar." Check it out below, and catch them at Metro on November 22 with High on Fire and Doomriders.
Follow BVChicago on Instagram.
High on Fire at Bowery Ballroom, Nov 2012 (more by Fred Pessaro)
Listen, DO NOT miss this tour. Stoner metal vets. High on Fire and Norwegian riff lords Kvelertak have explanded their fall North American tour. That tour now includes a performance at Metro on November 22 with additional support from Doomriders. Tickets for the Chicago show go on sale this Saturday (9/14) at noon CST.
An updated list of HoF // Kvelertak dates lie after the jump...
Kvelertak @ by:Larm 2012 (more by Fred Pessaro // BBG)
Norway's Kvelertak are set to release their new album, Meir, on March 25 via Roadrunner/Sony Music Scandinavia. Converge's Kurt Ballou produced the LP, and you can check out the music video for its lead single "Bruane Brenn" at the bottom of this post. The group will be supporting Meir with a North American tour in April/May, with Cancer Bats and Black Tusk. That tour will begin at the Bottom Lounge on April 21 with an opening set from Cancer Bats. Tickets for the Chicago show go on sale this Friday (3/1) at noon CST.
All Kvelertak tour dates and their video for "Bruane Brenn" are below...
photos by Jimmy Farabi
Converge's Jacob Bannon getting up-close-and-personal at Metro on 10.18.2012
On Thursday night (10/18) Converge brought their stacked tour with Torche and Kvelertak through Chicago for a performance at Metro with locals Like Rats. That tour, which is still ongoing, is in support of their excellent new LP, All We Love We Leave Behind. Take a listen to that album via Spotify, and check out a full set of pictures from their 10/18 show at Metro below...
Ty Segall @ Pitchfork Festival 2012 (more by James Richards IV)
Tickets for ZZ Top's October 2 show at The Chicago Theatre go on sale this Saturday (8/25) at noon CST. A presale will be active from 10AM to 10PM today; the password is future.
Tickets for John Legend's November 7 show at The Chicago Theatre with Lianne La Havas go on sale this Saturday at 11AM CST.
Tickets for Kreayshawn's December 1 show at Metro with Rye Rye, Honey Cocaine, and Chippy Nonstop go on sale today at noon CST.
Converge @ House of Vans (BKLYN) (more by Fred Pessaro // BBG)
Boston hardcore outfit Converge are set to release their new album, All We Love We Leave Behind, on October 9 via Epitaph/Deathwish. The LP will serve as the group's first since 2009's Axe to Fall. Converge haven't shared any album tracks yet, but stay tuned for more album information.
They have, however, shared that they'll be touring the US this fall with support from Torche and Kvelertak. That tour is scheduled to visit Chicago on October 18 for a performance at Metro. Tickets go on sale this Friday (8/24) at noon CST.
All Converge tour dates and a couple of videos are below...
Kvelertak at Europa in Brooklyn (more by BBG)
Norweigian metal band Kvelertak recently invaded NYC with three dates (one of them a surprise show, another the BV/Rocks Off Showcase) during CMJ as part of their tour with Skeletonwitch. The pair will team with Zoroaster and Gaza for a Chicago show TONIGHT at Empty Bottle (10/26), and tickets are still on sale. Click the various links to learn more about why you shouldn't miss this show.
Full Kvelertak tour dates, and some video of the mayhem from NYC is below.
Kvelertak @ BV BBG CMJ 2011 -- Rocks Off Boat Show (more by Greg Cristman)
today in Chicago
* Tiga, Annie Mac @ The Mid
* Moonface, Antl'rd @ Lincoln Hall
* Matt Hires, Rachel Platten @ Schubas
* Carl Palmer Band, Tautologic @ Reggie's
* Kvelertak, Skeletonwitch, Zoroaster, Gaza @ Empty Bottle
* Gaza, Beak, Roman Ring, Wasted Fortune @ Ultra Lounge
* Four Year Strong, Gallows, Title Fight, The Swellers, Sharks @ Metro
* Frank Turner, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Into It, Over It @ Bottom Lounge
* Library Ghost, The Envy Corps, The Dirty Pigeons, Dan Tedesco @ Subterranean
Gaza open the Kvelertak show at Empty Bottle, and then hop over to the Ultra Lounge to headline their own.
Blitzen Trapper played Fallon, footage below.
The Chicago Theatre turns 90 today!