Entries tagged with: North Coast Festival
Wu-Tang Clan @ Coachella 2013 (more by Dana (Distortion) Yavin)
North Coast Music Festival 2013 is set to take place from August 30 - September 1 in Chicago's Union Park. Their initial lineup features Wu-Tang Clan performing Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) in full, Nas, Purity Ring, AlunaGeorge, On An On, Flatbush Zombies, JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound, and many more. Three-day passes (general admission & VIP) for the fest are on sale now. Stay tuned for the second wave of artists to be announced.
The current NCMF 2013 lineup is below...
Girl Talk @ Sasquatch 2012 (more by Chris & Rae Graham)
As mentioned, "summer's last stand," the North Coast Music Festival, is set to take place from August 31 - September 2 in Union Park (where Pitchfork Fest just wrapped up). They've now revealed the daily lineups for all three days of the festival, which includes Girl Talk, Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire, Big Boi, The Rapture, YACHT, Dan Deacon, King Khan & the Shrines, Thundercat, and many more acts. Check out the lineups-by-day below.
Thundercat @ Coachella 2012 (more by Dana (Distortion) Yavin)
Jazz bass great/Flying Lotus collaborator/Suicidal Tendencies member Thundercat (aka Stephen Bruner) has been added the lineup of North Coast Music Festival, taking place from August 31 - September 2 in Union Park. Three-day passes are still available. The festival's schedule-by-day is forthcoming.
Speaking of Flying Lotus (aka Steven Ellison), he'll hit Chicago next week to perform on Saturday (6/14) of the Pitchfork Music Festival. Single-day passes are still available. FlyLo will also be the musical guest of Adult Swim's The Eric Andre Show live at the Bottom Lounge on July 15. Comedic guests on the Chicago show include Lil Rel and Brandon "Hot Sauce" Johnson, and tickets are still available. Check out some Eric Andre Show clips at the bottom of this post.
Some Thundercat/Flying Lotus song streams and Eric Andrew Show clips below...
Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire @ Bamboozle Festival (more by Dana (Distortion) Yavin)
As mentioned, the 2012 edition of North Coast Music Festival is set to take place from August 31 - September 2 in Union Park. The festival's initial lineup has now expanded to include Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire, ProbCause, Yelawolf, Umphrey's McGee, and many more acts. General admission and VIP 3-day passes are still available, with more lineup additions to come.
NCMF lineup-so-far below...
The Rapture @ Bowery Ballroom in NYC earlier this month (more by Joe McCabe)
The North Coast Music Festival is set to return this year from August 31 - September 2 in Chicago's Union Park. General admission and VIP three-day passes are on sale now for the initial lineup of Pretty Lights, Axwell, Atmosphere, Big Boi, Steve Aoki, Excision, The Rapture, Alesso, Modestep, Mord Fustang, Felix da Housecat, YACHT, Dan Deacon, King Khan & the Shrines, Rebirth Brass Band, Van Ghost, Maya Jane Coles, Com Truise, and Auto Body. More acts including headliners are TBA.
The currently lineup and a summary clip from 2011's festival, below...
Of Montreal crowd rafting @ NCMF (photo by Laura HoneyBadger)
In its second year, the three-day North Coast Music Festival brought an estimated 50,000 people to Union Park over Labor Day Weekend, eclipsing its draw from last year by 10,000 and selling out Saturday and Sunday in advance. Like last year, the fest featured an eclectic lineup of DJs, hip-hop, jam bands and groups straddling the lines between.One of those 50,000 people in the audience was "the purple guy". Hard hitting video footage of the purple one (no, not Prince), along with a video of Common performing "Chi City" (what were your favorite sets of the weekend?), below...
LED lighting flanked DJ platforms and served as backdrops at two of the four stages, which was an improvement from last year, though the sound-bleed issues remained. The lights added needed visual interest during DJ sets such as during Wolfgang Gartner's fresh, hard-driving mix wizardry. The same could be said for SBTRKT, who wore a teal mask, and performed a seamless and pleasing set that featured dubstep grooves with some honeyed vocal loops. No matter for the audience, who were often more riveting than what was happening on stage. Many young fans wore outrageous outfits and mirrored the diversity onstage, wielding sticks topped with various items, from stuffed animals to handmade robots, like totems. [Chicago Tribune]
Thievery Corporation @ Lollapalooza in 2009 (more by Paul Birman)
Washington, D.C.'s Thievery Corporation are in town today for not just one, but two headlining gigs.
The group released their most recent album Culture of Fear on June 28th via ESL Music. Stream the whole thing via their media player.
On September 6th (in two days), Thievery Corporation will release a live DVD compiling a week's worth of sold out hometown shows at the 9:30 Club in 2010, titled simply Thievery Corporation: Live at the 9:30 Club. The 97-minute documentary will air for FREE via their website on the 6th, from 8PM to 1AM CST. Live at the 9:30 Club will be available at physical retailers throughout the country via Fontana Distribution, as well as on iTunes and Amazon.
Check out a trailer below..
Little Dragon @ MHoW - BrooklynVegan Presents (more by Amanda Hatfield)
today in Chicago
* ATB @ The Mid
* Jazz Fest (Day 4)
* Steve Bug, Ida Engberg @ Transit
* North Coast Music Festival (Day 3)
* The New Deal, Future Rock @ House of Blues
* Dr. John & The Lower 911 @ SPACE (Late Show)
* Bilal, Pennjamin Bannekar, R.O.E. @ Double Door
* Dr. John & The Lower 911 @ SPACE (Early Show)
* Lettuce, Soul Rebels Brass Band @ Bottom Lounge
* Blind Melon, Katz Company, Train Company @ Metro
* Zoo Animal, Ivory Wave, The Unfortunate @ Lincoln Hall
* Puffy Areolas, Running, E.T. Habit, Bad Drugs @ Ball Hall
* Southeast Engine, FETCH, Antony And The Tramps @ Schubas
* Bob Nanna, New Canyons, Seagrass Diov, Bad Boys @ Beat Kitchen
* Dark Fog, Great Society Mind Destroyers, Black Wyrm Seed @ Empty Bottle
* Thievery Corporation, Lyrics Born with Lateef, Araabmuzik @ Congress Theater
* Sad Brad Smith, Dick Wolf, Jon Drake and the Shakes, DJ Josie Bush @ SinFest
* DJ List Christee, Eugene Hutz, La Jesus, Fabulous Ladies of Fitness @ Cobra Lounge
Just to clear up any confusion, "DJ List Christee" is Kevin Barnes from Of Montreal.
Today sees the end of the North Coast Music Festival, and the Chicago Jazz Fest.
Major Lazer @ Electric Zoo in 2010 (more by Sharese Ann Frederick)
today in Chicago
* Jazz Fest (Day 3)
* North Coast Music Festival (Day 2)
* Candy Golde, Steepwater Band @ SPACE
* Carl Cox, Green Velvet, Jon Huang @ The Mid
* BoomBox, Gramatik, Cherub, DJ Solo @ Double Door
* Stay Smooth XV @ Columbia Yacht Club / Lincoln Hall
* Grimble Grumble, Slow Witch, Dumpster Babies @ Hideout
* The Cassettes, Ninja Gun, Spells, Young Coconut @ Panchos
* New Mastersounds, Van Ghost, Wylls & the New York Hustler Ensamble @ Bottom Lounge
* DJ Warp, Abominable Twitch, Five Step Path, Benn Jordan (DJ Set) @ Empty Bottle (Free Show)
* Break Science, Hey Champ, The Kickback, Midwest Hype, Jon Drake & the Shakes, Tim Sheff @ Cobra Lounge
* Diplo, Zeds Dead, Sebastian, Lance Herbstrong, Chris V, Lobby, DJ Belly, Wyatt Agard, Dirty Talk @ Congress Theater
SBTRKT @ PS1 Warm Up (more by Vincent Cornelli)
today in Chicago
* Jazz Fest (Day 2)
* Psalm One @ Hideout
* James Zabiela @ Sound-Bar
* North Coast Music Festival (Day 1)
* Madi Diaz, Keegan Dewitt @ SPACE
* Wolfgang Gartiner, SBTRKT, DJ Thibault @ The Mid
* Rabble Rabble, Mutts, The Way It Is @ Ultra Lounge
* STS9, Big Gigantic, Up Until Now @ Congress Theater
* The Hood Internet, Midnight Conspiracy @ Bottom Lounge
* Paper Thick Walls, Dastardly, Sleeping in the Aviary @ Schubas
* Bruce Lamont, Man's Gin, Bitchin Baja, Mystreater @ Empty Bottle
* JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound, Soul Summit DJs @ Double Door
* The Sonnets, Gidgets Ga Ga, The Demerits, The Skis @ Abbey Pub
* The Shams Band, Chaperone, Go Long Mule, Musikanto, Johnny Rumble @ Logan Square Auditorium
Full NCMF schedule is HERE.
Fitz & the Tantrums played Leno. Footage below..
The 2011 North Coast Music Festival is set to take place this upcoming holiday weekend (9/2 - 9/4) in Chicago's Union Park.
Gogol Bordello, Lotus, Of Montreal, Little Dragon, SBTRKT (DJ), Wiz Khalifa, Rusko, RJD2, Common, The Budos Band and many more will play the city's unoffical end of summer celebration over the course of three days.
Download the festival map HERE, and check out the full 3-day schedule below..
Labor Day Weekend (9/2 - 9/4) will see the return of the North Coast Music Festival to Chicago's Union Park.
They've previously released the amazing, initial lineup of:
NOW, comes the full schedule which you can view below.
Notable additions include: Fatboy Slim, Of Montreal, Major Lazer, and more.
Three-day passes are currently on sale for $95 a piece (plus fees), and single-day passes will become available within the next week or so, for $40 each (plus fees).
We'll keep you updated with an on sale time and date.
The initial lineup includes:
+ 40 more acts TBA
Three-day passes are available for $95 (plus fees), and single-day passes will be sold for $45 starting in June.
Stay tuned for updated lineup information.
Tickets & initial lineup details for the jam, and electronic-centric festival are to be released on Saturday, the 16th (time TBA). Single day passes are $40, and you can grab a 3-day pass for only $95 (imagine that).
Stay tuned right here for more North Coast info in the coming weeks!