Entries tagged with: The Chicago Theatre
Every year between Christmas and New Year's, we catch up on unposted photo sets. This year is no different...
photos by Matt Ziegler
Rodrigo y Gabriela & C.U.B.A. @ The Chicago Theatre on 4/12/2012
Way back in January, Rodrigo y Gabriela released a collaborative record with Cuban orchestra C.U.B.A., titled Area 52. Rod y Gab and C.U.B.A. went on a spring North American tour in support of Area 52, which included a stop at The Chicago Theatre on April 12. Bobby Long opened the show, and more pictures of both acts continue below...
photos by Sara Pieper
Band of Horses @ The Chicago Theatre on 12.02.2012
On Sunday night (12/2) Band of Horses headlined 93XRT's holiday show at The Chicago Theatre with support from the Alabama Shakes (their second of two Chicago shows this past weekend) and Everest. Were you there? What did you think? More pictures of the headliners and a couple of live videos are below...
As discussed, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds are set to welcome their new album, Push the Sky Away, on February 19 via Bad Seed Ltd. They'll be supporting the LP with a spring North American tour featuring opener Sharon Van Etten. That tour hits Chicago on April 1 for a performance at The Chicago Theatre. Tickets go on sale to the general public this Thursday (12/6) at noon CST. A JAM Productions presale will also be active at 11AM this Wednesday; the password is push.
All Bad Seeds tour dates and a stream of their new single "We Know Who U R" are below...
The Old 97's
today in Chicago
* Gipsy Kings @ The Chicago Theatre
* The Sleeptalkers, Cloudbirds @ Hideout
* The Old 97's, Those Darlins @ Vic Theatre
* Future Islands, Ed Shrader, Wumme @ Empty Bottle
* The Swan King, Chord, Electric Hawk @ Beat Kitchen
* Motorhead, Clutch, Valient Thorr @ Congress Theatre
* Asylum Street Spankers (Farewell Show) @ Lincoln Hall
* Southeast Engine, The Royal Pines, New Ruins @ Schubas
* Biffy Clyro, Moving Mountains, Carbon Tigers @ Double Door
* The Dismemberment Plan, Kid You'll Move Mountains @ Metro
* Frontier, Wolf Eyes, Envenomist, Bloodyminded, Plague Bringer @ Abbey Pub
* Swim Ignorant Fire, Quite a Mob, The Welcome, Snow 'N Charm @ The Juicer
The Dismemberment Plan are not only playing tonight in Chicago, but tomorrow too at Metro with Maritime, and The Forms.
Robyn @ Terminal 5 on 11/10/2010 (more by Andrew St. Clair)
today in Chicago
* Unwed Sailor, Mountains For Clouds @ Schubas
* Robyn, Diamond Rings, Natalia Kills @ Riviera Theatre
* Mike Chorvat, Ron Robinson, Jerome Holloway @ Double Door
* Sad Brad Smith, King of the Moon & His Minions @ The Whistler
* White Mystery, Dark Fog, The Pleats @ Empty Bottle (Free Show)
Lets hope that after three postponed shows in a row that Robyn, Diamond Rings, and Natalia Kills put on a great show tonight!
White Mystery are set to self-release their second LP Blood & Venom on April 20, 2011. The brother-sister duo will play a record release show at Panchos that night.
Sad Brad Smith's newest album Love is Not What You Need was self-released on 1/1. His new music video for the song "Old Days are Here Again" can be viewed below...
today in Chicago
* Peter Mulvey, JT Nero @ SPACE
* Linsey Alexander @ Kingston Mines
* David Garrett @ The Chicago Theatre
* The Retar Crew @ Double Door (Free Show)
* InnerPartySystem, The Passing @ Subterranean
* Slash, The Fabulous Miss Wendy @ House of Blues
* Morgue Supplier, Emeticide, They Die Screaming @ Empty Bottle
* Carrie Rodriguez, Erin McKeown, Mary Gauthier @ Old Town School of Folk Music
"An Acoustic Café Evening" tour teams up some of the most unique singer songwriters pushing the boundaries today. Austin songstress Carrie Rodriguez, independent lit/pop darling Erin McKeown, and troubadour Mary Gauthier team up for a night of amazing songs, stories, and spirit. [Old Town School of Folk Music]
Tonight is the 53rd GRAMMY Awards airing on CBS at 7PM CST
This is who is performing:
Avett Brothers, Dr. Dre., Bob Dylan, Adam Levine, and Mumford & Sons, Arcade Fire, Eminem, Lady Antebellum, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, Muse, Katy Perry, and Barbra Streisand; Yolanda Adams, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride and current nominee Florence Welch in a special Aretha Franklin segment; nominees Justin Bieber and Usher, with Jaden Smith; nominees B.o.B, Bruno Mars, and Janelle Monáe; nominees Drake and Rihanna; nominee Cee Lo Green, with Gwyneth Paltrow and the Jim Henson Company Puppets; Mick Jagger with Raphael Saadiq; and Esperanza Spalding performing with members of the GRAMMY Jazz Ensembles and GRAMMY Camp.
GRAMMY®-nominated R&B/pop singer/songwriter Keri Hilson,GRAMMY-winning and current GRAMMY nominee hip-hop/neo-soul band the Roots, and DJ Wayne G are scheduled to perform at the 2011 GRAMMYCelebration® -- The Recording Academy®'s official after-party.
The 2011 GRAMMY Celebration will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Feb. 13 immediately following the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards. [The Recording Academy]