Entries tagged with: Toro y Moi
Pitchfork Music Festival 2012 (more by James Richards IV)
As discussed, Pitchfork Music Festival 2013 is set to take place in Union Park from July 19-21. The festival's initial lineup featured R. Kelly, Björk, Belle & Sebastian, Joanna Newsom, the Breeders (playing Last Splash), Swans, Rustie, El-P, Chairlift, Killer Mike, TNGHT, Sky Ferreira, ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, Mac DeMarco, Foxygen, Angel Olsen, Trash Talk, and Tree.
The remainder of the lineup has just been revealed, and includes M.I.A., Lil B, Solange, Wire, Yo La Tengo, Low, Savages, Toro Y Moi, Phosphorescent, Metz, Autre Ne Veut, Mikal Cronin, Parquet Courts, Merchandise, Woods, Julia Holter, Glass Candy, Andy Stott, Pissed Jeans, Frankie Rose, Ryan Hemsworth, Waxahatchee, Blood Orange, Daughn Gibson, Evian Christ, White Lung, KEN Mode, and DJ Rashad.
Three-day passes and single-day tickets are still available.
Check out the full lineup-by-day below...
photos by Cory Dewald
Toro y Moi at Metro on 2.19.2013
On Tuesday night (2/19), Toro y Moi (aka Chaz Bundick) brought his North American tour with Sinkane and Dogbite through Chicago for a sold-out show at Metro. Toro's headlining set was heavy on his latest release, Anything in Return, though he did perform a fair amount of material from 2011's Underneath the Pine. Where you there? What did you think of the show? A set of pictures and the full setlist from his 2/19 performance at Metro are in this post. More below...
today in Chicago
* Otis Clay, Uvee Hayes @ SPACE
* Walter Schreifels (acoustic) @ The Cibola Record Fair
* Buddy Guy, John Primer, Nicholas Barron @ Legends
* Le Tour, Deep Wizard, Chaperone, The Letter Jay @ The Burlington
* The Orwells, The Hussy, Twin Peaks, and Slushy @ Space Club HQ
* Black Actress, The Bitter Wigs, Burning Sons, Black Cat Rebellion @ Empty Bottle
* Kindred The Family Soul, Questlove, Robert Glasper & Black Thought @ The Shrine
* Gorilla Biscuits, Youth of Today, 32 Frames, Down To Nothing, Cro-Mags @ House of Blues
* The Bollweevils, Winepress, Vacation Bible School, The Heat Tape, Deth Warrant, The Mons, Wide Angles, Dirtybird, Business Papers @ Township
Revelation 25 begins tonight at the House of Blues. Walter Schreifels is also performing an acoustic set at The Cibola Record Fair this afternoon.
The Shrine are hosting a Philly jam session with Kindred The Family Soul, Questlove, and Robert Glasper & Black Thought. Advance tickets are still available.
Toro y Moi has a new video for "Say That" from his forthcoming LP, Anything In Return. HARRYS, the same folks that directed his video for "So Many Details," handled production on this one too. Check it out below.
Follow bvChicago on Instagram.
today in Chicago
* Of Monsters and Men, Elle King @ the Riv (Night 1)
* The Heat Tape, Costanza, No Two Waynes @ Township
* Wyclef Jean @ City Winery Chicago (Early & Late Shows)
* Braid, Into It, Over It, Diamond Youth, Cut Teeth @ Metro
* What Made Milwaukee Famous, Canoe Canoe, The Brown Bottle Flu @ Empty Bottle
Of Monsters and Men play their first of two shows at the Riv tonight.
Braid headline Metro.
What Made Milwaukee Famous, Canoe Canoe, and The Brown Bottle Flu play the Empty Bottle.
Toro y Moi has a video for his excellent new single "So Many Details." The video is pretty great too; check it out below.
Follow bvChicago on Instagram.
Toro Y Moi @ 2012 Afropunk Festival (more by Amanda Hatfield)
Toro Y Moi is set to release the follow-up 2011's Underneath the Pine, titled Anything in Return, on January 22 via Carpark Records. You can stream that album's lead single, "So Many Details," at the bottom of this post. There's also a live video of another album track, called "Rose Quartz," which he debuted at Lollapalooa 2012, below.
Toro Y Moi will head out on a winter North American tour shortly after the album hits stores. That tour includes a February 19 performance at Metro. Though ticketing info from Metro is forthcoming, you can now purchase tickets to all dates via Toro's website.
All Toro Y Moi tour dates, a stream of "So Many Details," and a live video of "Rose Quartz" are below...
Andrew Bird @ the Bell House in Brooklyn, NY (more by David Andrako)
today in Chicago
* Hideout Block Party
* Jane's Addiction @ Metro
* Susan Werner @ the Auditorium Theatre
* Village, Radar Eyes, Broncho @ Panchos
* Daniel Higgs @ Empty Bottle (Early Show)
* Jeff Dunham @ Horseshoe Hammond Casino
* Marnie Stern, No Joy, Follows @ Subterranean
* Peter Wolf Crier, Bailiff @ Schubas (Late Show)
* Pygmalion Music Festival @ Various Venues (Day 4)
* Rwake, Earthen Grave, Zebulon Pike, Czar @ Abbey Pub
* Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Washington @ the Vic
* Psychedelic Furs, Tom Tom Club, Maniac @ House of Blues
* Pure X, Implodes, Golden Birthday @ Empty Bottle (Late Show)
* Toro y Moi, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Ava Luna @ Lincoln Hall
* 40 Watt Sun, Clad In Darkness, Austaras @ Reggie's (Early Show)
* Mark Rose, Jon Walker, Lucas Carpenter @ Schubas (Early Show)
* Zo2, Sons Of The West, Along The Parallel @ Reggie's (Late Show)
* The Buddies, Jones Street Station, The Portable Models @ Double Door
Jane's Addiction play Metro again tomorrow night.
Congratulations to our Toro y Moi contest winner!
"Toro y Moi light show @ Pygmalion festival." - Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Fresh off of their show at The Canopy Club as part of the 2011 Pygmalion Music Festival, Toro y Moi, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, and Ava Luna will visit Lincoln Hall to play a sold out show Saturday night (9/24).
We've got a pair of tickets to give away! Details on how to enter to win them, with all tour dates, below....
As discussed in detail over at BrooklynVegan when it debuted, MTV has a new web-only show called "Weird Vibes". The second episode was just released. Filmed entirely at this year's Pitchfork Festival, it includes "interviews and funny stuff with Twin Shadow, Twin Sister, Health, Woods, Real Estate, Kurt Vile etc and music videos from Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Big Troubles, Beat Connection, SBTRKT, Blood Orange, Jonti, Zoo Kid and more." Check it out, all 45 minutes of it, below...
Toro y Moi @ Bowery Ballroom in April (more by Toby Tenenbaum)
The bill will also feature tour mates, Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Ava Luna.
Tickets go on sale this Friday, at noon CST.
Toro y Moi's just announced Freaking Out EP hits stores on September 13th via Carpark.
You can download the single "Saturday Love" which is actually an Alexander O'Neal & Cherelle cover via a widget below (in exchange for your email address).
Head below to view Freaking Out's tracklisting and cover art, plus all 2011 tour dates.
As previously announced, the 2011 Pitchfork Music Festival will be taking place on Friday, July 15 through Sunday, July 17 at Chicago's Union Park! Three-day passes are sold out (gone within 24 hours!), That being said, single-day passes can still be picked up at the rate of $45 per day.
The Pitchfork Music Festival is stoked to round out its 2011 lineup with a slew of new acts. Friday welcomes Thurston Moore, Battles, tUnE-yArDs, Gatekeeper, and EMA. Saturday's lineup sees the most new performers, with DJ Shadow, Zola Jesus, Twin Shadow, Toro Y Moi, Cold Cave, Wild Nothing, Julianna Barwick, and OFF! Sunday's additions are Superchunk and Darkstar. And there we have it: The lineup for the always engaging Pitchfork Music Festival is complete.
Head below to view the final lineup by day...
photos by Josh Darr
Braids' Taylor Smith
This past Tuesday (4/5), Toro y Moi played both an early show with Adventure, plus a late show with Braids over at Empty Bottle.
Josh Darr snagged some shots of Braids' set which you can view below...
The Mountain Goats @ Bowery Ballroom 3/30/2011 (more by Ryan Barkan)
today in Chicago
* Liam Finn, The Luyas @ Hideout
* The Mountain Goats, Megafaun @ the Vic
* Blair, Yellow Ostrich @ Andrew Rafacz Gallery
* Toro y Moi, Braids @ Empty Bottle (Late Show)
* Toro y Moi, Adventure @ Empty Bottle (Early Show)
* The Joy Formidable, Mona, The Lonely Forest @ Lincoln Hall
* The Builders and the Butchers, Damion Suomi and the Minor Prophets, Elliot Brood @ Schubas
The Low Anthem @ Lincoln Center - The Allen Room (more by Dominick Mastrangelo)
As previously stated, Adele's new LP 21 will be released tomorrow via XL/Sony Music. The UK songstress will be in Chicago on May 24th to play the now SOLD OUT Riviera Theatre. NPR is currently streaming the full record.
The Low Anthem's new LP Smart Flesh will hit the shelves tomorrow via Nonesuch/Bella Union. They will be playing at Chicago's Lincoln Hall on February 28th with Bobby, and Daniel Lefkowitz. NPR is currently streaming the full record.
The Cave Singers are set to release their new LP No Witch tomorrow via Jagjaguwar. They will be playing at Chicago's Lincoln Hall on April 7th with Lia Ices.
Toro Y Moi's Underneath The Pine comes out tomorrow via Carpark Records. He will be playing at Empty Bottle on April 5th with Adventure.