Entries tagged with: chicago psych fest
Chicago's Outer Minds, who played the Bottle this past weekend, have been added to the excellent lineup of Chicago Psych Fest 4. As discussed, the festival will be taking place on January 11 & 12 at the Hideout, and Outer Minds will close out the whole shebang. Advance tickets for both nights are still available. That's the festival's impressive poster above, which organizer Matthew Ginsberg screened on a bunch of throw-away records.
Bitchin Bajas (aka the project of CAVE's Cooper Crane) are one of the many acts performing at Chicago Psych Fest 4. Crane will also be taking residency at the Hideout on Tuesday nights in January. You can either pay a small fee at the door for each show or purchase a four-show pass for a lump sum.
Chicago Psych Fest 4 lineups-by-day are below...
Variety Lights' Central Flow
The fourth annual Psych Fest has just been announced and will once again take place at the Hideout on January 11 & 12. The lineup for the first night includes Mako Sica, Variety Lights, Dark Fog, Plastic Crimewave Syndicate, and Energy Gown. January 12 features The Velcro Lewis Group, Miracle Condition, Underground Symposium, and Bitchin' Bajas. Advance tickets for both nights are on sale.
Song streams // videos from a few PF4 artists are below...
The Kills @ MusicFestNW (more by Autumn Andel)
today in Chicago
* Brian Woodall @ ACE
* Mark Farina @ The Mid
* Kathy Griffin @ Chicago Theatre
* STS9, RJD2 @ Congress Theater
* Martin Sexton, Bhi Bhiman @ Park West
* Jonathan Toubin benefit @ Empty Bottle
* Chicago Psych Fest 3 @ Hideout (Day 1)
* Tea Leaf Green, Ha Ha Tonka @ Lincoln Hall
* Greek Fire, Amrita, Model Stranger @ Reggie's
* Motor City Drum Ensemble, Savile @ Smart Bar
* The Telepaths, Fight Nice, Go Mary @ Stage Bar
* The Kills, JEFF the Brotherhood, Hunters @ the Riv
* Del Barber, Jimmy Webb @ Old Town School of Folk Music
* Air Raid, Austaras, Internal Empires, Of Wolves @ Ultra Lounge
* The Dig, Volcanoes Make Islands, Communist Daughter @ Schubas
* Sawbuck, Via Verso, The Bomb Sawyers, Woodrow Hart @ Panchos
* Harpoon, Sweet Cobra, Head of Skulls, Jar'd Loose @ Cobra Lounge
* The Luck of Eden Hall, I Lost Control, The Bright White @ Abbey Pub
* Earthen Grave, Rachel Barton Pine, No One, Slauter Xstroyes, Rival @ Metro
* Red Jr., Platform 29, THE ASSEMBLY, Up Off Down, DJ Dihty Dihty @ Double Door
* Love of Everything, Tyler Jon Tyler, Slut River, Mines, The Christmas Bride @ Treasure Town
* Champions, Carbon Tigers, Dean Welch & The Rhythm Method, PK Fire @ Beat Kitchen
* Matty G, 6Blocc vs. R.A.W., DJ Belly, Ruckus, Subnoxious, Ciro & Brandon @ Subterranean
The Empty Bottle are hosting a Jonathan Toubin benefit show tonight (1/20).
Chicago Psych Fest 3 kicks off at The Hideout.
The other Hunters play the Empty Bottle on Sunday (1/22).
The Kills, who kick off their tour tonight at the Riv, have a new video for "The Last Goodbye." Check it out below.
today in Chicago
* Clip Art, Algebro, Any Kind @ Schubas
* Thin Hymns, Quicksails @ The Whistler
* Robbie Fulks, Don Stiernberg @ Hideout
* Erick Deshaun Dorris, William Kurk @ Reggie's
* Little Trouble Girl, Regex, Argo Navis @ Panchos (Free Show)
* Radio Moscow, The Velcro Lewis Group, Strychnine @ Ultra Lounge
* The English Softhearts, The Ice Machine & Swift, Golden Birthday, Presssures @ Empty Bottle (Free Show)
Clip Art begin their January residency at Schubas tonight (1/9).
Both The Velcro Lewis Group and Strychnine, who play the Ultra Lounge tonight, are also on the bill of Chicago Psych Fest 3.
Stream new albums from Kathleen Edwards and Howler via NPR.
Common has a new video for "Raw (How You Like it)." Check it out below.
CAVE playing on a flatbed truck (photo by John Yingling)
On the heels of two successful annual events, Chicago Psych Fest has announced its return to Hideout for the third year in a row. The one-night showcase of our city's finest will take place on Friday, January 20th. Local krautrockers CAVE will headline, and share the bill with The Velcro Lewis Group, Bil Vermette, Killer Moon, and Strychnine. Tickets are on sale now.
UPDATE: There's also a second night.
Back in September, CAVE played on a flatbed truck that moved throughout the city. Gonzo Chicago's John Yingling tagged along to shoot some video.
Check out the footage below...