Contact Us

Fireworks as part of band’s show may have caused deadly Brazil nightclub fire

Kiss nightclub

Gawker reports:

According to local authorities, the soundproofing foam in the nightclub’s ceiling was ignited by fireworks set off by the live entertainment.

Many of the victims died of smoke inhalation inside the club’s bathrooms, where investigators believe patrons ended up after mistaking them for exits.

Three people have been arrested in connection with the fire, including one of the club’s owners and the band’s lead singer. Early reports claimed the club had its safety documents in order, but new testimony suggests that might not be the case.

At least 233 people died inside the club in Brazil on Sunday.

A video of the band in question (Gurizada Fandangueira), who all escaped the fire except for an accordian player, below…

Gurizada Fandangueira Mulher Não Trai

Check It Out

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for BrooklynVegan quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!