What’s going on Thursday?
Lightning Bolt in 2009 (more by Leia Jospe)
The Soft Moon at 285 Kent, Oct. 2011 (more by Erez Avissar)
today in NYC
* Nass Gnawa @ Zebulon
* Andy Laster @ The Stone
* Howard Fishman @ Barbes
* Patrick Wolf @ Joe’s Pub
* 4th St. Niteowls @ Barbes
* Big K.R.I.T. @ Irving Plaza
* Sandro Perri @ Mercury Lounge
* Actress, Lotide @ Cameo Gallery
* Et Cetera Festival @ Public Assembly
* Ne-Yo, Third Eye Blind @ The Intrepid
* Maya Rudolph & The Roots @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Dry The River, Houndmouth @ Bowery Ballroom
* Wye Oak, Callers @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* The Soft Moon, Cold Showers, ERAAS @ Glasslands
* Bon Iver, Anais Mitchell @ Radio City Music Hall
* Truth Thomas, Bob Holman and Friends @ The Stone
* Lightning Bolt, Indian Jewelry @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Joseph Keckler, Mac Wellman @ Issue Project Room
* SSION, House of Ladosha, TEETH @ Santos Party House
* The Beets, Jounce, As If and Good Sports @ Lit Lounge
* Nobunny, Bad Sports, Tough Shits @ Otto’s Shrunken Head
* Warm Ghost, WIN WIN, Slam Donahue, Sleepy Kitty @ Pianos
* I am the Heat, Janet Labelle, Velta, Late Runner @ Cake Shop
* The NY Theremin Society Presents: GOOD Vibrations @ Joe’s Pub
* Faun Fables, Buxton, Franz Nicolay @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* HEAD w/ Kurt Loder, Rob Sheffield, Julie Klausner @ The Bell House
* Tom Shillue’s Funny Story w/ Dave Hill, Rob Cantrell, Garrett Oliver
* Dr. Dog, Delta Spirit, Cotton Jones, Kishi Bashi @ Central Park Summerstage
* Oberhofer, Darlings, Astral Locket, Kissing is a Crime, Lazyeyes @ Ran Tea House
* Tom Blacklung Smokestacks, Sleepies, Heaven’s Gate, Butter The Children @ Big Snow
* Sasha Gohard, LE1F, Mess Kid (DJ Set), 2 Chenz (DJ Set), Farrington G (DJ Set) @ Santos Party House
Tonight’s Actress show at Cameo was canceled due to Visa issues.
Onetime SNL castmember (and Rentals keyboardist) Maya Rudolph is doing Prince covers with The Roots at Brooklyn Bowl. Advance tickets sold out, but there are still “limited tickets available at the door” so get there early if this interests U (to put it like Prince).
For those with a dark streak, Glasslands is hosting a great line-up of goth-influenced bands, including San Francisco’s The Soft Moon, Los Angeles’ Cold Showers and locals ERAAS. Tickets are still available.
For the more garage-minded, Otto’s Shrunken Head hosts tonight Philadelphia’s The Tough Shits (9 PM), Denton, TX’s The Bad Sports (10 PM) and depraved mask-wearer Nobunny (11 PM). Nobunny and Bad Sports will play again tomorrow (/21)at Bushwick’s Living Bread Deli with Xray Eyeballs and Liquor Store.
Oberhofer added a last-minute show tonight at Ran Tea House (right next door to 285 Kent and Glasslands) with Darlings, Astral Locket, Kissing is a Crime and Lazyeyes. $7, doors at 8 PM. Have you seen that T-Mobile ad where Oberhofer plays on a roof? You can watch it below.
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.
Dirty Projectors just released a video for “About to Die” which incorporates footage from David Longstreth’s short film, Hi Custodian, and you can watch it below.
Malka Spigel‘s new album, Every Day Is Like The First Day, features contributions from Johnny Marr, Stereolab’s Andy Ramsay, as well as her husband (and Wire guitarist) Colin Newman. You can stream the whole thing below.
Oberhofer T-Mobile ad
Dirty Projectors – “About to Die”