listen: Doveman pens ‘Requiem’ for Donald Trump; Martha Wainwright’s new album is also out now
Prolific musician, Gloaming member, producer and sometimes The National member Thomas Bartlett pulled his Doveman name out of retirement to get in on the post-election depression with “Requiem”:
In related news, Martha Wainwright just put out a new album that Thomas produced.
‘Goodnight City’ includes several original works as well as songs written for this album by Beth Orton, Rufus Wainwright, Michael Ondaatje, Glen Hansard and Merrill Garbus of tUnE-yArDs. The album was produced by Thomas Bartlett (Sufjan Stevens, Glen Hansard) and Brad Albetta (Angus and Julia Stone. Teddy Thompson).
You can stream it in full along with video from a recent Fallon appearance below, and catch her live at LPR in NYC this Friday night (11/18),.
Meanwhile, you can also catch Martha at M For Montreal.
1. Around The Bend
4. Look Into My Eyes (Written by Anna McGarrigle, Lily Lanken and Martha Wainwright)
5. Before the Children Came Along
7. Piano Music (Words by Micheal Ondaatje, music by Thomas Bartlett)
8. Alexandria (Written by Beth Orton)
9. So Down
10. One Of Us (Written by Glenn Hansard and Martha Wainwright)
11. Take The Reins (Written by Merrill Garbus of tUnE-yArDs)
12. Francis (Written by Rufus Wainwright)