New Yorker Festival tickets on sale @ noon
Tickets for 2009 New Yorker Festival events go on sale at noon. That includes the Dirty Projectors, House of Ladosha, Jubilee, and Liturgy show happening at the Bell House on Friday, October 16th. You can browse the full schedule at their site, and I’ve listed a few more select choices below…
Friday, October 16
- Dirty Projectors, House of Ladosha, Jubilee, and Liturgy. Curated by the New Yorker staff writers Sasha Frere-Jones and Kelefa Sanneh. 8 P.M.
Saturday, October 17
- The Music Biz: With Jace Clayton, Josh Deutsch, Melvin Gibbs, Danny Goldberg, and Livia Tortella. 1 P.M.
- Loudon Wainwright III talks with Susan Morrison: A Conversation with Music. 7:30 P.M.
- Ian Hunter and Graham Parker talk with Ben Greenman: A Conversation with Music. 7:30 P.M.
- Neko Case talks with Sasha Frere-Jones: A Conversation with Music. 7:30 P.M.
- Steve Earle talks with John Seabrook: A Conversation with Music. 10 P.M.
- Justin Vernon of Bon Iver talks with Sasha-Frere Jones: A Conversation with Music. 10 P.M.
Sunday, October 18
- Radical Opera: With Lisa Bielawa, Nico Muhly, Peter Sellars, and Rufus Wainwright. Moderated by Alex Ross. 3 P.M.
- Shouts & Murmurs Live: With Jenny Allen, Woody Allen, Noah Baumbach, Yoni Brenner, Ian Frazier, Patricia Marx, David Owen, Amy Ozols, Simon Rich, Paul Rudnick, George Saunders, Paul Simms, and Calvin Trillin. Hosted by David Remnick. 4 P.M.
Tickets also go on sale at noon for Neko Case‘s upcoming show at the Wellmont Theatre.