Nick Hook streaming LP ft. Chino Moreno, DJ Rashad, Hudson Mohawke & more
Producer Nick Hook has been at it for years but just released his debut full-length, Relationships, via Fool’s Gold. The guest-heavey album was recorded in Hook’s studio in Greenpoint and features 21 Savage, Hudson Mohawke, Nasty Nigel, Junglepussy, iLoveMakonnen, Father and more. There’s also a track featuring the late DJ Rashad and Deftones singer Chino Moreno, making the album all the more dynamic and interesting. Stream the whole thing below.
Nick Hook said of the album on his Instagram: “I never intended to make an album. All these songs coulda easily never happened but I took some acid in Paris and it made me realize I had a story to tell.”
Hook will also be playing a NYC show at House of Yes on Saturday (11/5) with house/garage veteran Todd Edwards and Nadus. Tickets are on sale. It’s free before 11 with RSVP, but presales guarantee entry all night. That’s the final date of a tour with Nadus that he’s been on, which also includes an Ohio show tonight (11/2).
Subscribe to Brooklyn Vegan on
1. “+3″ feat. DJ Rashad, DJ Paypal and Nasty Nigel
2. “Pro-Choice” feat. Black Kray, Father, Michael Christmas and KCSB
3. “Gucci’s” feat. 24hrs
4. “Evolisontherise” feat. Hudson Mohawke
5. “Another Way” feat. Spank Rock
7. “Dive For You” feat. Junglepussy and Prefuse 73
8. “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” feat. Novelist
9. “All Alone” feat. iLoveMakonnen
10. “Bhu Hum” feat. Damien Hagglund
11. “Live While I’m Livin” feat. Meyhem Lauren and Superhero Killer
12. “Silk Pants”
13. “Head” feat. 21 Savage and Bulletproof Dolphin
14. “Need 2 B” feat. Rahel
15. “Lovesong” feat. Nasty Nigel
16. “The Infinite” Loop feat. DJ Rashad, Chino Moreno and Nasty Nigel
Yooooo My album is out today. My first album. There's so much I wanna say but really all I want is for you to turn off for an hour and listen to the whole thing as 1 piece. I never intended to make an album. All these songs coulda easily never happened but I took some acid in Paris and it made me realize I had a story to tell. And since everyday in the studio we hang and it's about life I realized the story was told thru everyone I worked with. It's a story about my life in 2015 and dedicated to everyone that's allowed me to grow into the artist I am today. This is me. All of me. I hope you enjoy it. I hope u can share the listening experience w your friends. And most importantly I hope it makes you feel something. Thank u to everyone on this motherfuvker. Front to back. Thank you to @foolsgoldrecs for allowing me to grow since 2007. Thanks to@theemikebdj for being my spiritual advisor along the way and RIP to john kuker. Dust la rock. Dj Rashad. Mike Nichols and josh link. Every step of the way they told me not to compromise anything. ✨✨. LINK IN BIO FOR ALL PLATFORMS.