NY Comedy Fest additions: RHCP playing “Stand Up for Heroes” benefit & more
Part of the 2017 NY Comedy Festival, The 11th annual “Stand Up for Heroes” benefit happens November 7 at Madison Square Garden in NYC and Red Hot Chili Peppers have been added to the lineup which includes comedians Jon Stewart, his Daily Show successor Trevor Noah, plus John Oliver, Conan O’Brien, John Mulaney, Hasan Minhaj and “surprise guests.” Tickets are on sale and proceeds benefit the Bob Woodruff Foundation which benefits our nation’s injured veterans.
In other NY Comedy Fest news, lots more events have been added since our last post, including…
- Tracy Morgan and Cedric The Entertainer play “A Toast to the OG’s of Comedy” at NYU Skirball Center on Novmeber 9 (tickets) which is also a benefit for The Fortune Society, a charity that supports successful re-entry from incarceration.
- Real life married comedian couple Kurt Braunohler and Lauren Cook will tape an live edition of their Audible series “Wedlock” at Union Hall on November 10 (tickets).
- Kurt Braunohler also hosts “Kurt Braunohler and Friends” at Littlefield on November 11, which is also with Lauren Cook, plus Wyatt Cenac and more TBA (tickets).
- Conan O’Brien’s Team Coco is presenting “Comics to Watch” at Carolines on November 11 (6 PM) featuring “the very best new talent from across the country.” Lineup is TBA but tickets are on sale.
- Earlier that same day (11/11, 4 PM) at Caroline’s is the 10th annual “New York’s Funniest Standup Competition” finals — Michael Che won in 2012 (tickets).
- Liza Treyger will host “Sex & The City Trivia Night” at Littlefield on November 12 (tickets).
Previously announced NYCF shows include shows with Nick Offerman, Chris Hardwick, Kevin Smith, Iliza Shlesinger, Brian Regan, Jim Norton, Bill Maher, Tom Segura, podcasts “How Did This Get Made” and “2 Dope Queens,” and lots more. The New York Comedy Festival runs November 7 – 12. Check out the NYCF Schedule for all the details.