Record Store Day announces 2017 Black Friday exclusives
Record Store Day has announced the exclusive titles for RSD Black Friday 2017 which happens November 24 (aka the day after Thanksgiving). There are nowhere near as many titles for Black Friday as the official Record Store Day in the spring, but this year does have a few interesting items, including:
- The first-ever North American vinyl pressing of Neil Young‘s Harvest Moon
- A 40th Anniversary edition of Richard Hell & The Voidoid‘s Blank Generation, with a second disc of previously unreleased tracks including alternate studio versions, out of print singles and rare bootleg live tracks from their first appearance at CBGBs
- Tori Amos‘ 1980s hair-metal band Y Kant Tori Read‘s long-out-of-print 1988 album
- a live recording of the night Walter Lure (The Heartbreakers), Clem Burke (Blondie), Tommy Stinson (The Replacements) and Wayne Kramer (The MC5) took on Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers’ L.A.M.F. album
- A solo acoustic version of Sondre Lerche‘s new album Pleasure.
- A tribute to Don Williams (who died this year) featuring Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires, Chris Stapleton, Allison Kraus, Garth Brooks, and more.
- An EP of Fleet Foxes playing four songs live at Electric Lady studios
- The first-ever vinyl pressing of Mike Watt‘s 1997 solo album, Contemplating the Engine Room
- Picture disc editions of Gorillaz‘ Humanz, the Game of Thrones S7 soundtrack, Prodigy‘s Keep it Thoro, and Lou Reed & Kris Kristofferson Live at The Bottom Line 1994, as well as 12″ singles from Anthrax, Clutch, Toto and others.
There are also vinyl reissues of Leonard Nimoy‘s kitschy Mr Spock’s Music From Outer Space, The Free Design‘s Kites Are Fun (50th Anniversary colored vinyl), a mono edition of The United States of America‘s 1968 self-titled debut, and lots more. Check out the full RSD Black Friday 2017 list.