Record Store Day announces RSD Black Friday 2018 exclusive titles
Record Store Day has announced its list of special/exclusive titles for 2018 RSD Black Friday which happens November 23. You can check out the full list here. Some notable titles:
- Type O Negative: Bloody Kisses 25th Anniversary Edition and a split 7″ with Trivium
- The Mom+Pop 10 Year Anniversary Compilation featuring Courtney Barnett, Sleigh Bells, Neon Indian and more
- a vinyl repress of Bauhaus’ Press the Eject and Hand me the Tape
- 3 x 4: The Bangles, The Three O’Clock, The Dream Syndicate, Rain Parade which is a celebration of L.A.’s Paisley Underground scene of the mid-80s with all four of the bands in the title covering each other’s songs (check out The Bangles doing The Three O’Clock’s “Jet Fighter” below)
- a new version of Squeeze’s debut single which teams the band’s Chris Difford and Glenn Tilbrook with Questlove and Robert Glasper.
- Devo‘s classic debut Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! available on picture disc for the first time
- A double LP of rarities from Japanese cult band Cornelius including remixes by Ryuichi Sakamoto, Haruomi Hosono, and more.
- The Germs‘ 1981 EP What We Do Is Secret remastered and on blue vinyl
- Iggy & The Stooges‘ Rare Power, a collection of rare tracks from the sessions for 1973’s classic Raw Power, eight of which are available on vinyl for the first time
- Manchester Orchestra – The Black Mile Demos EP: features the demos for Manchester Orchestra’s 2017 album.
- A brand new Matthew Sweet album, Wicked System of Things, which he calls a tribute to Midwestern power-pop.
- The Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas soundtrack with songs by Paul Williams
- An all-instrumental version of Tom Morello’s The Atlas Underground
- A vinyl repress of Talking Heads‘ Remain in Light
- A vinyl repress of Hal Wilner‘s Stay Awake tribute to classic Disney film songs, featuring Tom Waits, The Replacements, Michael Stipe, Sinead O’Connor, and more).
- A vinyl repress of The Breeders‘ excellent 1992 Safari EP.
- A vinyl repress of Sheryl Crow‘s Tuesday Night Listening Club
- A vinyl repress of Insane Clown Posse‘s 1999 album The Amazing Jeckel Brothers
- A five-LP box set of Soul Asylum‘s Twin-Tone catalog
- A 10″ picture disc of Weezer’s cover of Toto’s “Africa” (in the shape of Africa)
- A new Würm (Chuck Dukowski’s pre-Black Flag metal band) compilation, featuring their long-out-of-print debut album Feast, unreleased material, liner notes by Chuck, previously unseen photos, and more
- The Zombies‘ first ever picture disc release of their timeless Odessey and Oracle
- Various Artists – Something Weird Greatest Hits: the cult video label Something Weird bring you “bring you 2 LPs of the greatest songs and soundbites from their voluminous catalog of filth and general grindhouse fodder.”
- And lots more.
Subscribe to Brooklyn Vegan on