Entries tagged with: Adam Scott
Adam Scott will talk "Greatest Event in Television History" on Saturday
New York Magazine's pop culture website Vulture is throwing a two-day festival this weekend (May 10 & 11), titled simply Vulture Festival, featuring a bric-a-brac of panels and events based around movies, TV, music and comedy.
Saturday (5/10) events include: a talk with Deadwood creator David Milch (noon @ Milk Studios); "The Greatest Panel in Television History" (5/10, 3 PM @ Milk Studios) with Adam Scott (Parks & Rec, Party Down) will discuss '80s TV title sequences (the basis of his Adult Swim series); a sold-out MIA/Solange show on Saturday at Webster Hall (5/10) happening after her Knockdown Center shows this week.
Sunday (5/11) events include: "Brunch with Rufus Wainwright" and Julie Klausner (5/11, 11 AM @ Milk Studios); a pop culture trivia night with the cast of Orange is the New Black (5/11, 5 PM @ Milk Studios); and a sold-out comedy night on Sunday @ The Bell House with Billy "On the Street" Eichner, Chelsea Peretti (Brooklyn Nine Nine), Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer (Broad City) and more.
Tickets to most of the panels are still available and include drink tickets. Full Vulture Festival schedule and details, below...
**** Hey What's Going On readers! We have a special announcement to make and that is the new addition of a proper NYC show calendar on BrooklynVegan . Currently linked from the "NYC Shows" button up above in the main site menu, you can now easily view our top show picks, all shows, metal shows, comedy shows, free shows and more for any upcoming day. "What's Going On?" will still be a daily post but with more highlights and less of a towering list of links. Meanwhile though, we still have a towering list... ****
Beach House @ Summerstarge 2012 (more by Amanda Hatfield)
Mudslides at Governors Ball today (via @BrooklynVegan instagram)
today in NYC
* Ellis Paul @ Joe's Pub
* Spanglish Fly @ Barbes
* Opera On Tap @ Barbes
* Rob Delaney @ Caroline's
* The Knocks (DJ) @ Lil Charlie's
* Ben Greenberg (of Zs) @ Roulette
* Polica, Solid Gold @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Sylvie Courvoisier Trio @ The Stone
* Willie Nelson @ Theatre at Westbury
* Dinosaur Jr., Reignwolf @ Irving Plaza
* Bruce Levingston @ Open Road Rooftop
* MNDSGN, ELOS, Ahnu, VHVL @ 285 Kent
* DJ Britt Daniel (of Spoon) @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Oblivians, Ex-Cult @ Beekman Beer Garden
* The Remains, The A-Bones @ The Bell House
* Half Moon Run, Young Unknowns @ Glasslands
* Pure Bathing Culture, Monogold @ Mercury Lounge
* Terrence Parker, Free Magic, Faso @ Cameo Gallery
* Attic Ends, Camden, Bedroom Eyes @ Cameo Gallery
* Japandroids, Crocodiles @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Queens of the Stone Age @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple
* Hey Champ, Gemini Club, Friendly Greg @ Glasslands
* Dead Stars, Radical Dads, Heaven @ The Grand Victory
* Old Crow Medicine Show, Jonny Fritz @ Capitol Theatre
* The Olms (Pete Yorn & J.D. King) @ Housing Works Cafe
* Lovely Bad Things, Wyatt Blair, Primes @ Death By Audio
* Windhand, Kings Destroy, Clamfight, Belus @ Saint Vitus Bar
* Doveman, Paul Noonan, Trixie Whitley @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Porches, Summer People, Lost Boy?, Heeney @ Shea Stadium
* Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Kidnap Kid @ Webster Hall
* NatNaiel, Julius Myth, All Natural, Kassa, Rav P. @ Mercury Lounge
* Tiger Dare, Ann Pragg, Chains of Love, Such Hounds @ Cake Shop
* Q-Tip (DJ), Nickodemus (DJ), DJ Eleven @ Museum of Natural History
* Oh No! and the Tiger Pit, Morningbell, Olivia Mancini, 56 K @ Union Hall
* Phil Lesh & The Terrapin Family Band @ Summersplash Concert Cruise
* LODRO, Life Size Maps, The Vandelles, Young Boys, Spires @ Secret Loft
* Janeane Garofalo, Todd Barry, Christian Finnegan @ Eastville Comedy Club
* Rain Machine, Christy & Emily, Kate Eastburn, David First @ Bowery Electric
* Spirit Family Reunion, The National Reserve, Last Good Tooth @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Liah Alonso, Luke Rathborne, Coon Doggin Outlaws, Adam Karol, Bonaparte, Surf Wax America, Wolff and Tuba @ Pianos
* Governors Island w Kings of Leon, Pretty Lights, Beach House, Feist, Local Natives, Of Monsters and Men, Young The Giant, Erykah Badu, Crystal Castles, Best Coast, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Dinosaur Jr., Holy Ghost!, Polica, St. Lucia, The Knocks, MS MR, Solid Gold, Reignwolf, Bear Mountain, Pacific Air, Swear and Shake @ Randall's Island
What may end up being a very major NYC music festival, Governors Ball, begins today with sets from Beach House, Feist, Dinosaur Jr., Polica and more. It's looking like rain all day, but the fest is 100% rain or shine so bring a poncho. If you're going today, how are you getting there?
Even without Governors Ball and its afterparties, there are lots of show options. Kyp Malone's solo project, Rain Machine (very appropriate today), plays The Bowery Electric tonight with Christy & Emily, Katie Eastburn, and David First. Advance tickets are still available.
It may be cold and rainy, but the glowing tubes in the amps at Saint Vitus tonight will be warm. New Relapse signees Windhand team with Kings Destroy (their record release party), Clamfight and Belus as part of an InvisibleOranges event and a larger Windhand tour. Tickets are still available.
If you're looking for something to do after work, there's a Memphis punk double-threat happening at the the Seaport Music Festival with legends The Oblivians and upstarts Ex Cult. The rain moved the event down the street to the Beekman Beer Garden (under their giant tented area). Still free but Beekman is 18+. Sorry, minors!
Fans of '90s style indie rock? Grand Victory in Williamsburg has a pretty killer local line-up of Dead Stars, Radical Dads and Heaven.
Looking to catch potential Next Big Things? LODRO, Spires, Life Size Maps, The Vandelles and Young Boys. are playing at 247 N. 10th St (at Frost). That's a pretty good line-up.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.
Broken Social Scene are celebrating the 10th anniversary of their landmark LP, You Forgot it in People, and snuck down to NYC to play Late Night with Jimmy Fallon with their sometimes vocalist Feist (who plays Governors Ball) in tow. They did "Almost Crimes" on the show and then did "7/4 Shoreline" as a web exclusive. Watch them both below.
Meanwhile, Park & Recreation costars Adam Scott and Amy Pohler collaborated on "The Greatest Event in Television History": a shot-for-shot recreation of the opening credits of '80s mystery-adventure series, Hart to Hart. And you can watch that (and a making-of doc) below too.
Check out our new NYC shows calendar.
Marc Maron will be taping his new comedy special with two performances at Le Poisson Rouge on April 15. Tickets are on sale now.
In other Marc Maron being funny on TV news, his new IFC series, Maron, debuts May 3 on IFC. The scripted series is based on Maron's life and his very popular WTF podcast. The series also stars Judd Hirsch, Norah Zehetner, Andy Kindler and Josh Brener. There's a cavalcade of guest stars appearing in its debut season, including Dave Foley, Ken Jeong, Aubrey Plaza, Adam Scott, Bobcat Goldthwait and Dennis Leary. You can watch the teaser trailer for Maron below.
We already posted lots of posts today. Here's some more, and some reminders too...
If you bought a ticket to that fundraiser, may we interest you in a live entertainment company?
Meanwhile, the President was on The Late Show with David Letterman last night, chatting about the Mitt Romney "47%" video and other things. Watch it below.
Check out what David Byrne & St. Vincent played last night in Chicago.
Look at pictures from our Jon Spencer Blues Explosion record release party that was last night.
Hope to see you at our Rafiq Batia record release party that Anti-Pop Consortium is also playing.
Check out an excellent profile piece on the legendary Neil Young that appeared in the NY Times Magazine.
Sinead O'Connor wrote to Russian president Vladmir Putin, demanding Pussy Riot's release. Is that helping or hurting?
Deftones are back with "Leathers", the new song from their upcoming Koi No Yokan due on 11/13. Check out that song below in a video stream and/or down load your copy at their site.
more stuff below...