Entries tagged with: Andy Milonakis
Babs at Barclays, 10/11/2012 (via @cpcayaba)
Barbara Streisand played her first of two, and first-ever Brooklyn show at the Barclays Center last night. Those in attendance missed the live Vice President debate, but still got a taste of politics at the show:
"I love Big Bird and I hope no one tells Romney how to get to Sesame Street ... or to Pennsylvania Avenue," cracked Streisand, according to the Huffington Post.Babs plays the new venue, that only Jay-Z played before her, again Saturday night.
Streisand also said of Romney: "He's a good actor. [He's] a chameleon. It's great."
Meanwhile: "Barclays Center VIP Lounge Issued Health Violation For Lack Of Toilet Paper."
The Revelation Records 25th Anniversary celebration is happening this weekend in NYC. Check out photos of Night One (Texas in the Reason, Underdog, Gameface and more) here, and pics Texas's MHOW show here, and Chain of Strength's Acheron show here.
Don Caballero are releasing a live LP, titled Gang Banged With A Headache, And Live, on November 27 via Joyful Noise.
Dillinger Escape Plan frontman Greg Puciato says, "Nobody's doing us a favor by buying our shirt after they took our album."
We've got a couple Smiths/Moz superfans on staff (Tim Griffin in our Austin office; Bill here in NYC) but both pale to the adoration Dave Hill has for Morrissey. Read his account of this week's Radio City show.
Conspiracy theory time: Gawker asks, "Did Nirvana fan Paul Ryan steal his 'Bean' anecdote from Kurt Cobain?"
And while on the same theme: Friday Night Lights television series creator Peter Berg wants Mitt Romney to stop using its "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose" slogan. But FNL author Buzz Bissinger takes the other side.
More stuff below...
Patti Smith @ Carnegie Hall in February (more by Tim Griffin)
tonight in NYC
* Sure Juror @ Pianos
* Slavic Soul Party @ Barbes
* Extra Life @ The Stone
* Steel Train @ Maxwell's
* David Johansen @ City Winery
* The Bad Plus @ Village Vanguard
* Daedelus, Two Fresh @ Highline Ballroom
* Disco Biscuits, Daedelus @ Nokia Theatre
* Patti Smith & Her Band @ Bowery Ballroom
* Dr. John and the Lower 911 @ Highline Ballroom
* Gogol Bordello, The Dillinger Escape Plan @ Webster Hall
* Lady Starlight, Emily Warren & The Betters, The Indecent @ Cake Shop
* Endless Boogie, Apollo Heights, Wolff, Degreaser @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* Cro-Mags, Razorblade, Death Threat, Last Call Brawl, H8 Inc. @ Santos Party House
"Throughout 2007, Lady Gaga collaborated with performance artist Lady Starlight, who helped her create her onstage fashions. The pair began playing gigs at downtown club venues like the Mercury Lounge, The Bitter End, and the Rockwood Music Hall, with their live performance art piece known as "Lady Gaga and the Starlight Revue". Billed as "The Ultimate Pop Burlesque Rockshow", their act was a low-fi tribute to 1970s variety acts. In August 2007, Gaga and Starlight were invited to play at the American music festival Lollapalooza. The show was critically acclaimed, and their performance received highly positive reviews. Having initially focused on avant-garde, and electronic dance music, Gaga found her musical niche when she began to incorporate pop melodies and the vintage glam rock of David Bowie and Queen into the mix." [Wikipedia]
Lady Starlight is at Cake Shop tonight.
Gogol Bordello finish their three night run at Webster Hall tonight. Pictures and review from Day One, HERE.
Patti Smith kicks off her three night run at Bowery Ballroom.
Dillinger Escape Plan open for Gogol tonight, and then play with Glassjaw & Thursday at Starland Ballroom on Wednesday.
Art Brut didn't have a meltdown @ Primavera Sound (scannerfm_flickr)
tonight in NYC
* Les Paul @ Iridium
* Lykke Li @ Highline Ballroom
* Amram & Co. @ Cornelia Street Cafe
* Gabriel Kahane @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Zee Avi, Amy LaVere, papercranes @ Maxwell's
* Art Brut, Demander, The Picture @ Mercury Lounge
* Gomez, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit @ Terminal 5
* Death Vessel, Grant Hart, Kevin Barker @ The Bell House
* Glam Hammer, Invisible Circle, Black Elf Speaks @ Glasslands
* Rock Plaza Central, Josh Reichmann, Bird of Youth, Mean Creek @ Cake Shop
Art Brut kicks off five nights at the Mercury Lounge.
Conan O'Brien is back on the air tonight. ,
Video of the Vaselines playing live at Primavera Sound, below...
Major Lazer - "Zumbie" ft. Andy Milonakis - the video below...
Lou Reed @ Le Poisson Rouge (more by Lori Baily)
tonight in NYC
* Tribeca Film Festival
* Harlem Shakes @ Starr Space
* Jandek @ NYU's E&L Auditorium
* Tanlines, Suckers @ Glasslands
* Darwin Deez & Savoir Adore @ Pianos
* Hush Arbors, Jason Ajemian @ Sycamore
* Fischerspooner @ the Performing Garage
* Wizzard Sleeve & Box Elders @ Vassar
* Ted Leo & Paul F Tompkins @ 92YTribeca
* Child Abuse, Bolongoni, Ezee Tiger @ Bruar Falls
* Lou Reed + Metal Machine Trio @ Gramercy Theatre
* Simian Mobile Disco, JDH & Dave P (FIXED) @ Highline Ballroom
* Papa, The Foundry Field Recordings, Olivia & The Housemates @ Union Hall
* Prefuse 73, Blast Off, Tiny Toones, Nine 11 Thesaurus, Grade 13 @ The Bell House
* Shooting Spires, Daniel Francis Doyle, Twin Powers, Ric Leichtung, Psychothriller @ Death By Audio
Psychedelic Horseshit played last night. They'll be back tomorrow.
Steve Buscemi performed at Issue Project Room the other night. How was it?
Fiasco plays Silent Barn tomorrow (really, this time).
Simian Mobile Disco will be back to DJ the Williamsburg Waterfront this summer.
Let me Twitter Dat (Video below)...
Keren Ann @ Joe's Pub in November (more by Tim Griffin)
today in NYC
* Gary War @ Glasslands
* Kimya Dawson @ Europa
* Busta Rhymes @ BB King's
* Razorlight @ Hiro Ballroom
* Maserati @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Allman Brothers @ the Beacon
* Savoir Adore @ Death by Audio
* Black Lips & Let's Wrestle @ MHOW
* Calexico & Keren Ann @ City Winery
* Pela & Holly Miranda @ Mercury Lounge
* Cursive, Bear Hands & Manana @ Bowery Ballroom
* Scion A/V - Kitsune Pioneer CD release party @ the Studio
* Metro PCS 5 Boro Tour with Common, J Sullivan, and Serani @ BAM
Calexico also have a show coming up at Radio City.
See what Bill said about Savoir Adore.
Andy Milonakis discusses Telepathe in the video below...