Entries tagged with: Brothers In Law
The 2016 Treefort Music Fest goes on March 23-27 in Boise, Idaho in venues all over the city. (It's kinda like Boise's SXSW.) This year's lineup includes Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Thee Oh Sees, Youth Lagoon, Aesop Rock, Chelsea Wolfe, White Denim, Oddisee, Hinds, French Horn Rebellion, Quilt, Alex G, Wax Idols, Built To Spill, La Luz, All Dogs, Porches, Oddisee (who plays a BV show in NYC on Tuesday) and more.
Tickets are on sale now, and the 2016 lineup, as it stands, is listed below.
by Bill Pearis
Italian trio Be Forest are masters of mood, making swoony dreampop informed by the classics but very much in the now. The band (who share a member with Brothers in Law) released their second album, Earthbeat, earlier this year via We Were Never Boring and you can stream the whole thing below. If you like Slowdive, '80s-era 4AD and modern stuff like The xx, you definitely should. The band also just released a cover of Beat Happening's "Indian Summer" which makes its premiere in this post. There are no shortage of covers of this song, but Be Forest really make it their own. Listen below.
Be Forest will be making their first trip to North America next month for a coast-to-coast tour. That starts in NYC for CMJ where they currently have two shows lined up: A day show at Cake Shop on October 22 (lineup TBA) and then a show at DROM later that night. More CMJ shows might be announced, stay tuned.
West Coast dates of their tour are with Los Angeles band Tennis System whose new album, Technicolor Blind, is out October 21. You can stream a track from that below. The band will also be here for CMJ, playing October 24 at Lit Lounge and other shows TBA.
All Be Forest and Tennis System tour dates are listed, along with song streams, below...
We just posted about Italy's His Clancyness coming over for SXSW and it turns out there's another Italian group that will be here too on their way to SXSW. Brothers in Law hail from coastal town of Pesaro, on the Adriatic Sea, and have recently released their debut album, Hard Times for Dreamers. If you like the janglier side of late-'80s Creation Records (House of Love, Felt) or current stuff on Slumberland (Girls Names, Veronica Falls), you should check their album out -- it's streaming in full below.
Brothers in Law play Sunday (3/10) at Death by Audio with The Beets' Juan Wauters, Horrible Present and Missing Document. It looks like they're on early so for those who want to also catch Girls Names at Cameo the same night, maybe its doable. Or if you want to keep it in Italy, His Clancyness is at Glasslands right around the corner from DBA. There may be a Brothers in Law show on Friday (3/9) as well, venue TBA, we'll see. All known tour dates are below.
Christopher Owens (with Girls) @ T5, Jan. 2012 (more by Amanda Hatfield)
today in NYC
* Whiplash @ UCB
* Francois K. @ Cielo
* Brain Cloud @ Barbes
* Chica Libre @ Barbes
* The Bengsons @ 54 Bellow
* Ryan Scott Oliver @ Joe's Pub
* Leroy Justice @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Har Mar Superstar @ Ace Hotel
* Nicolas Hodges @ Carnegie Hall
* Christopher Cross @ City Winery
* Todd Barry, Nick Turner @ Union Hall
* Ellie Goulding, St. Lucia @ Terminal 5
* Matt Nelson, Peter Evans, Dan Peck @ Sycamore
* Christopher Owens, Melted Toys @ Bowery Ballroom
* Riverwild, Baroque Punk, Slothbear, Jackpot @ Glasslands
* Revered Vince Anderson and His Love Choir @ Union Pool
* Animals in Need Benefit Show w/ The Bashers @ Sullivan Hall
* Corrections House, York Factory Complaint @ Saint Vitus Bar
* Smother, Cairo, Aye Aye Rabbit, Glockabelle @ Death By Audio
* Black Onassis, Roy Orbit, Cosmonaut, Baby Alpaca @ Mercury Lounge
* EDOM, Man Made Sun, Sonus Maximus, Black Furs @ Pianos
* Baked, Heaven's Gate, Tom Blacklung and the Somkestacks @ Shea Stadium
* Talibam!, Jerkagram, Big Plastic Finger, Richard Papercuts @ Public Assembly
* Jayne Eyre, Modest Midas, Thresholder, The Mayor of Bad News @ Cameo Gallery
* Wyatt Cenac, Reggie Watts, D.C. Benny, Naomi Ekperigin, Scott Moran @ Littlefield
* My Great Host, Bird Call, Future Screens, Amalie Brunn @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* Aaron Lee Tasjan, The Malefactors of Great Wealth, Jon Chinn @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Precious Metal w/ Hivesmasher, Fashion Week, Flaming Tusk, SOS, DJ Zeena Koda@ Lit
* Laura Cortese, Bailey Cooke, The Broken Stares, The Birdhive Boys @ Pete's Candy Store
* Fifth Nation, Function for Fiction, The Owl and I, Indian, Coach N Commando @ Bowery Electric
* Living Colour, 24-7 Spyz, Burnt Sugar, The Arkestra Chamber, Nona Hendryx @ Highline Ballroom
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.
In addition to being Martin Luther King Day, today is also Obama's presidential inauguration. Check out the Spotify playlist he made for the occasion.
Italian dream pop outfit Brothers in Law, who will be in America in March for SXSW, have a new video for their song "Leave Me (Shadow II) and you can watch it below.
The Amazing, who are back in NYC to play Mercury Lounge on 1/25, were just on Letterman,. Check out the video below...