Entries tagged with: Celeste and Jesse Forever
Cold Specks at Hotel Vegan, March 2012 (more by Amanda Hatfield)
today in NYC
* Tom Rainey @ Barbes
* The Do @ Mercury Lounge
* Marty Ehrlich @ The Stone
* Kathy Mattea @ City Winery
* Jonny Corndawg @ Mercury Lounge
* Rob Base @ Tappen Park Summerstage
* New York Chamber Trio @ The Stone
* The Mandingo Ambassadors @ Barbes
* Doom Squad, North America @ Zebulon
* Mumford & Sons, Dawes @ Pier A Park
* Peter Yarrow @ McNally Jackson Books
* Le Blorr, Sunbears! @ Knitting Factory
* Cold Specks, Doe Paoro, ARMS @ Glasslands
* Sanctuaries, Life Size Maps @ Big Snow Buffalo Lodge
* Family Band, Jennifer Castle, El Dorado @ Union Pool
* The Voices In Your Head, The Can't Tells @ Cameo Gallery
* The March Fourth, Ruby Fray, Globular Cluster @ Cake Shop
* Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, JDH & Dave P @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Big Black Cloud, Girls of Porn, Family Curse, Necking @ Death By Audio
* Dream Affair, Anasazi, Religious To Damn, Nao Katafuchi @ Public Assembly
* Yemen Blues, Khaira Arby, UkanDanZ @ Lincoln Center's Damrosch Park Bandshell
* CMA Songwriters Series w/ Little Big Town, Natalie Hemby, Bob DiPiero@ Joe's Pub
* Dukes of September (Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs) @ Beacon Theatre
* Lucy Wainwright Roche, Maggie Roche, Sloan Wainwright, Suzzy Roche @ Madison Square Park
* Janeane Garofalo, Wyatt Cenac, Todd Barry, Starlight Girls, Liam McEneaney @ The Bell House
* Summerscreen ('The Princess Bride') w/ Extreme Animals, Soft Circle, PC Worship @ McCarren Park
"Tell Your Friends" comedy comes to The Bell House tonight, and in addition to the listed guests like Janeane Garofalo, Wyatt Cenac, and Todd Barry, there's a "JUST CONFIRMED: A SURPRISE GUEST" which they "can't say too much about this guy, except to say, if you've seen one of the TYF! surprise guests before, you know it means we've got someone goddamned amazing to close out the show. Trust me, if you miss this you're going to be very very sad."
"Celeste and Jesse Forever" opens in theaters this Friday. Hopefully you already caught our free screening on Monday at Sunshine Cinema. Tonight you can "Meet the Filmmakers: Rashida Jones, Will McCormack, and Lee Toland" at the Apple Store in SoHo.
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.
The xx play Terminal 5 on Thursday (8/2). Check out video of new song "Swept Away" from their recent LA show below.
Grimes DJ'd 285 Kent this past Sunday (7/29), you can check out video from her set (she's cranking Marylin Manson) below. Don't forget she plays a free River Rocks show next week (8/9) with Wild Nothing and DIIV.
Passion Pit made a video for their single "Constant Conversations" and you can watch that below too.
In director Lee Toland Krieger's comedic drama Celeste and Jesse Forever, Celeste (Rashida Jones) and Jesse (Andy Samberg) met in high school, married young and are growing apart. Now thirty, Celeste is the driven owner of her own media consulting firm, while Jesse is once again unemployed and in no particular rush to do anything with his life. Celeste is convinced that divorcing Jesse is the right thing to do--she is on her way up, he is on his way nowhere, and if they do it now instead of later, they can remain supportive friends. Jesse passively accepts this transition into friendship, even though he is still in love with her. As the reality of their separation sets in, Celeste slowly and painfully realizes she has been cavalier about their relationship. While navigating the turbulent changes in their lives and in their hearts, these two learn that in order to truly love someone, you may have to let them go.As you you might have been able to tell from the flyer above, BrooklynVegan is presenting a free preview screening of Celeste and Jesse Forever on Monday, July 30 at 7PM at Landmark Sunshine Cinema (143 E. Houston St., NYC). To get a pair of screening passes, you need to RSVP to to BVCONTESTS@HOTMAIL.COM with the subject line "Celeste and Jesse Forever." Include your first and last name in the email and your phone number. Your contact info will not be shared with anyone else, and only used to confirm your reservation. BUT, as usual with these sort of things, you need to RSVP, but the screening (capacity 166) is first-come, first-served for those on the RSVP list (aka RSVP does not guarantee entry so arrive early to claim your spot).
The day after our screening, 92YTribeca will show the film as well, with a post-screening Q&A with actors Rashida Jones (who co-wrote the screenplay) and Will McCormack as well as director Lee Toland Krieger. This one's not free ($18) and you can buy tickets here. The film opens at Sunshine Cinema and elsewhere in NYC & LA in limited release on August 3. You can watch the trailer below.