Entries tagged with: Creed
"That's y!" says Snoop Dogg...
Did Snoop Dogg talk much politics at his Wellmont Theater show last week? That picture above, no not the cats, is his Tweeted list of reasons for voting for Obama, and for not voting Romney.
Kanye West has much less to say, for now. All his amazing tweets have been deleted except for one new one that says "BE BACK SOON". UPDATE: Now there are also three tweets about Steve Jobs.
Bummed to hear that Big Boi, who recently played Chicago's North Coast Music Fest, replaced Little Dragon with Kelly Rowland on the final version of the song he performed live with Little Dragon in Austin.
Creed frontman Scott Stapp says T.I. saved his life.
Missy Elliot may actually release an album this year.
YouTube is streaming Obama's bff (see above)Jay-Z's eighth Barclays Center show Saturday night.
Speaking of, Jay-Z is in a new marriage equality ad.
today in NYC
* Tribeca Film Fest
* Timo Ellis @ The Stone
* Creed @ Beacon Theatre
* Miho Hatori @ The Stone
* Ikebe Shakedown @ Barbes
* NOMO @ World Financial Center
* The Pietasters @ Brooklyn Bowl
* DeRobert & The Half-Truths @ Maxwell's
* JD McPherson, Lucius @ Mercury Lounge
* Unstoppable Death Machines @ The Stone
* Buy the Sky, Everest Cale @ Mercury Lounge
* Lambchop, Charlie Horse @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Disappears, Lotus Plaza, Noveller @ Glasslands
* F. Stokes, JoeyG, Chase Allen, Sons of 84 @ Santos Party House
* Dead Exs, White Mystery, The Othermen, Gone Bad @ Cake Shop
* The Honey Brothers, Sam Bisbee, Bhi Bhiman @ Bowery Ballroom #bees
* Oneohtrix Point Never, Body Language @ Brooklyn Museum
* Lady Lamb the Beekeeper, Daltonians, Patrick Bower @ Union Hall
* Nickelback, Bush, Seether, My Darkest Days @ Madison Square Garden
* Turbo Fruits, Dirty Ghosts, Liquor Store, Easter Vomit @ Death By Audio
* The Black Dahlia Murder, Nile, Skeletonwitch, Hour of Penance @ Irving Plaza
* Caged Animals, Woodsman, Osekre and The Lucky Bastards, Universe @ Shea Stadium
* Unsound Festival - Singularity w/ ACTRESS, Hype Williams, Next Life @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Activator, Miscegenator, DJ Greg Poole (Brooklyn Tattoo 10 Year Anniversary Party) @ Littlefield
* Peaking Lights, LXMP(Unsound Festival - Interzone) @ Lincoln Center's David Rubenstein Atrium
* Com Truise, Tobacco of Black Moth Super Rainbow, Shine 2009, Selebrities, Beacon @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Questlove, Jeremy Ellis, D.D. Jackson, Reggie Watts, Rahzel, Kenny Muhammad, Deerhoof, Gray, Metropolis Ensemble ("Shuffle Culture" curated by Questlove) @ Brooklyn Academy of Music
* SMORGASBOARD OF FUN: A Benefit For Waggytail Rescue Dave Hill and featuring Adam Sank, Liam McEneaney, Mike Amato, Janeane Garofalo @ UCB East
* Tiny Victories w/ Dinowalrus, NewVillager, Slam Donahue, North Highlands, Evi Antonio, The Forms, New Moods, DJ YRS TRLY, & More TBA @ Public Assembly
Charlie Horse opens for Lambchop tonight.
DOWNLOAD: Ra Ra Riot - Boy (new MP3)
Scissor Sisters @ Mercury Lounge in 2008 (more by Kevin Tachman)
today in NYC
* CREED @ JONES BEACH
* Mogwai screening @ MHOW
* Shelley Burgon @ The Stone
* Ra Ra Riot @ Sound Fix Records
* Motel Motel, Bronze @ Union Pool
* Bill Frissel & friends @ Village Vanguard
* Marianne Dissard, Cordero @ Joe's Pub
* Scissor Sisters, Sammy Jo @ Terminal 5
* Kayo Dot, Cleric, Bad Girlfriend @ Bowery Electric
* Thieving Irons, Yellowbirds, The Poison Tree @ Union Hall
* Hard Nips, Moepion & Moepions, Starscream @ Death By Audio
* 80s hardcore reading & signing @ Powerhouse Arena
* Ra Ra Riot (DJ set) & Vampire Weekend (DJ set) @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Chiddy Bang, Donnis, XV, 2AM Club, Samuel @ Highline Ballroom
* Khann, Mockingbird, Before The Eyewall, Divider @ The Acheron
* Groundation, iLa Mawana @ Rocks Off Concert Cruise - The Jewel
* The Press & The Canon Logic (Cross Pollination) @ Pianos
* Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers & My Morning Jacket @ Izod Center
* Edan, Paten Locke (+ a screening of Edan's "Echo Party") @ Knitting Factory
* Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Teenage Bottlerocket & the Flatliners @ Irving Plaza
* Midnight Masses, Submarine Bells, Monogold @ a Rocks Off Concert Cruise
* Jessie Torrisi & The Please, Please Me, Bird of Youth w/ Charles Bissell, Caravan of Thieves @ The Living Room
Marianne Dissard, the female voice in Calexico's song "Ballad of Cable Hogue", plays Joe's Pub tonight with Cordero who I saw live when they opened for Calexico.
Thieving Irons is the new band from Pela Nate. They play Union Hall tonight.
Tonight will be one of the last Cross Pollination shows at Pianos, and it's on the main stage.
As BBG previously pointed out, "Florida's Khann will team up with Mockingbird, Before The Eyewall, and Divider for an all ages show at Acheron on August 24th. $10 gets you in the door. Khann are prepping their new LP, Erode, due on Black Market Activities later this year. The band recorded the LP with Chris Owens (Lords) during a recent East Coast tour that saw them appear at Lit Lounge with Tiger Flowers."
Scissor Sisters play their first of two shows at Terminal 5 tonight.
Kurt Vile @ Woodsist/CT Fest July 4th (more by Tim Griffin)
tonight in NYC
* Warm Up w/ Growing @ PS1
* Richie Havens @ City Winery
* Woodhands @ Tribeca Grand Hotel
* Marduk, Tombs @ Gramercy Theatre
* Antifolk Festival @ Sidewalk Cafe
* The Pietasters @ Rocks Off Boat Cruise
* Vic Thrill, Aliens @ Santos Party House
* Cable, Naam, Lapdog of Satan @ Union Pool
* Plastic People of the Universe @ Joe's Pub
* Trashcan Sinatras, Brookville @ Bowery Ballroom
* Sweethearts, Wild Yaks, Barry & Eastenders @ Lit
* Painus, Quinn Walker, Tearist, Wild Yaks @ Coco 66
* Six Finger Satellite, Pterodactyl, POP1280 @ Southpaw
* The Phenomenal Handclap Band, Tanlines, Q&A @ BKLN Yard
* Fishbone, The Prigs, Drunken Sufis @ Rocks Off Boat Cruise
* Animal Collective, Dam Funk, Zomby @ Prospect Park Bandshell
* The Warlocks, The Morning After Girls, The Vandelles @ Maxwell's
* Kurt Vile, Blues Control, Birds of Maya, Daily Void @ Silent Barn
* Galaxie w/ Publicist (DJ) (Trans Am/Ian Svenonious) @ Market Hotel
* Hercules and Love Affair, Jason Kendig @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
All Leather, Team Robespierre, Chinese Stars, Rice @ Death By Audio
* Drink Up Buttercup, Blind Man's Colour, Beach Fossils, Lights On @ Union Hall
* Teengirl Fantasy, Ecstatic Sunshine, Lucky Dragons, Growing @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Morphoses & The Wheeldon Company (dance) w/ Martha Wainwright @ Central Park Summerstage
* Donner Party Picnic, Bad Credit No Credit, Back Pockets, Apollo Heights, No Mas Bodas @ Shea Stadium
Free outdoor music tonight includes dance from Morphoses & The Wheeldon Company with music from Martha Wainwright at the Central Park Summerstage.
Kurt Vile and Blues Control play at Silent Barn with Birds of Maya and Daily Void.
Hercules & Love Affair play the second of two NYC shows, tonight at the Music Hall of Williamsburg. Animal Collective also plays their second NYC gig tonight with Dam Funk and possibly Zomby at Prospect Park Bandshell.
Marduk and Tombs play Gramercy Theatre. Did you meet Marduk last night at Duff's?
Reunited synth post-punk band Six Finger Satellite visit Southpaw with Pterodactyl and POP1280. The Juan Maclean has a show coming up at Music Hall of Williamsburg.
A veritable who's who of TWII bands comes to Union Hall. Catch Drink Up Buttercup, Blind Man's Colour, Beach Fossils and Lights On at the venue tonight.
The Warlocks and Morning After Girls perform at Maxwell's with The Vandelles. How was the show last night at Bowery Ballroom?
Trashcan Sinatras gig at the Bowery Ballroom with Brookville.
Woodstock happened 40 years ago today, which means all the tributes and celebrations will be over soon. In the meantime, today is the Bethel Woods Music Festival "starring the Heroes of Woodstock" in Bethel, NY, School of Rock "Presents Woodstock 40th Anniversary Festival with Doomsand" at Mexicali Live in Teaneck, NJ, Richie Havens plays City Winery, and there's there's a party happening tonight at Water Street in DUMBO. Flyer below for the latter below.
The Antifolk Festival brings Jaymay, Daniel Bernstein and Crazy and the Brains to the Sidewalk Cafe.
New Six Organs of Admittance video for the song ""Anesthesia", below...
Dinosaur Jr. plays Central Park Summerstage on Sunday. Del The Funky Homosapien plays the Williamsburg Waterfront on Sunday.
Creed plays Jones Beach tonight!
Today, Live Nation announced that it's dropping service fees on more than five million lawn tickets and hundreds of concerts, helping add value and save money for fans throughout North America. The 24 hour event makes June 3rd the biggest one day sale in concert business history.
"No Service Fee Wednesdays," kick off June 3 at 12:01 a.m., offering fans some of the lowest prices of the summer with no ticket service fees on any LiveNation.com-ticketed amphitheater show, and only at www.LiveNation.com.
Throughout the rest of the summer, Live Nation becomes Free-Nation, as it offers a variety of "No Service Fee Wednesdays" specials at www.LiveNation.com, making Wednesday the biggest day of the week for savings on concert tickets for hundreds of shows and millions of fans.
"Summer concerts are a great escape in these tough times," said Michael Rapino, President and Chief Executive Officer of Live Nation. "Starting this Wednesday, Live Nation and the world's top artists are making it less expensive for fans to see their favorite bands by waiving service fees on over five million tickets at www.LiveNation.com. We wanted to do something that had never been done before and "No Service Fee Wednesdays" provide incredible value to millions of music fans to attend the hottest concerts this summer."
Tickets for "No Service Fee Wednesdays" go on sale at 12:01 a.m. local time on June 3, 2009 at www.LiveNation.com. This promotion is not valid in combination with other special pricing offers and is subject to availability.