Entries tagged with: Day of the Dead
photos by Rachel Carr
Rodrigo y Gabriela / skull
In February 2010, The Old Vic acquired this new performance space beneath Waterloo Station from BRB (Residuary) formerly British Rail. This unique venue showcases productions, performances and installations and will continue to be home to a series of innovative and surprising arts events throughout 2011/12.While NYC didn't get to experience most of its Halloween events (including the Halloween Parade) this year due to Hurricane Sandy, over in London they celebrated with a Day of the Dead Festival in the Old VIc Tunnels, presented by Wahaca ("mexican market eating).
We caught some of the multi-day festival on Saturday (11/3) where we saw Rodrigo y Gabriela, and VadoInMessico,, some Day of the Dead-themed visual art, photography, and performance art. Pictures from the event are in this post. More below...
today in NYC
* David Grubbs @ Cake Shop
* Frida Hyvonen @ The Zipper Factory
* Neva Dinova & McCarthy Trenching @ Mercury Lounge
* Thao Nguyen (Hotel Cafe tour) @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* The Rumble Strips, Birdmonster & The Dig @ Bowery Ballroom
* Chinese Stars, Attractive and Popular & Fang Island @ Cake Shop
* B-52's, Special Disco Version & Hercules & Love Affair @ Hammerstein Ballroom
Anthony Kiedis was born today in 1962.
Happy World Vegan Day!
Video from "Garrett's Halloween concert" below...